Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:34:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The END of ICO's?  (Read 8832 times)
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:41:00 PM

It is higly possible, what the next step will be?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suncokreten

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:49:32 PM

ICO mania is over. This is actually a good thing for crypto because there will be no more money grab ICO's (raising $40m to write a 7 lines code or something). ICOs will have to set their cap up to $10m otherwise noone will want to invest.
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:50:45 PM

We don't need to stop ICO's, we need to embrace them. We do need some regulations though. While I believe cryptocurrencies should always remain decentralized and unregulated the ICO industry should be monitored in some way.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:05:58 PM

Well some regulation would be good for ICOs as there are many ICOs which are scam or just fail coins both of them are just have bad impact on ICOs so some regulation nughtbe good.With regulation ICOs would have a second chance to prove themself and give some good or decent ICOs.ICOs are great for short term investment and ICOs are rising.The ICOs will not end as long as there are projects keep on coming.
johnsm79

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 09:25:36 PM

There would be more crackdown on ICOs in 2018, but that will not slow down the raising of funds by both genuine and scamy projects

Maybe not a crackdown, but a shift to a regulated direction. It will lead people in hiding to stay there, and will force more fiat currency enter the market.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:28:33 PM

There would be more crackdown on ICOs in 2018, but that will not slow down the raising of funds by both genuine and scamy projects

Maybe not a crackdown, but a shift to a regulated direction. It will lead people in hiding to stay there, and will force more fiat currency enter the market.
Crackdown isnt really appropriate to use on this kind of thing. Regulation will surely happen since they are already making the steps first when it comes to ICO which it wont really be the end but yet the new start on having a regulated one. I do somehow agree on this kind of adjustment to lessen the risk of scams and fraud.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:56:27 PM

I don't think this series of events signals the end of ICOs. Regulation is inevitable. The strongest ICOs will still find a way to succeed, with or without government regulation.

I agree, it will not be the end of Initial Coin Offerings, the strong projects with substance will always find the way. I also would like to point out that SEC is targeting Token used as a security not currency.

Correct, Initial Coin Offerings strong project will find its way to succeed even if there are some regulations may formally announced. I am hoping for the better regulations that may help to identify the scam ICO or maybe at least lessen the scam ICO.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
DamianHere

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:43:00 PM

I guess no. Maybe there will be another form of it, something modern
like Confideal bth, they have smart contracts platform
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 156

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:29:38 PM

Personally, I don't mind if ICO's were to be banned for good. We have 800+ coins in the market both good and shit coins. So that will actually be an advantage if implemented.

hallo1488

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:56:48 PM

I’m sure it’s not the end. Just thinking about investing in confideal
HappyPirate

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:55:05 PM

I’m sure it’s not the end. Just thinking about investing in confideal

after all of this hype, I think about this too, just to try
crypto-curious

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:20:36 AM

Reasonable regulations are not always bad. They help filter out scams and increases trust within the community.

However, it does slow down innovations and makes people panic and rush to get their ICOs done without proper research and prep.
IAMYOURLEADER

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:31:52 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 01:46:43 AM by IAMYOURLEADER

Reasonable regulations are not always bad. They help filter out scams and increases trust within the community.

However, it does slow down innovations and makes people panic and rush to get their ICOs done without proper research and prep.

Right but we know that it will decrease ICO projects that is not favorable for bounty hunters like me. Regulation will encourage more investors but again fewer ICO will appear unlike before. I'm against scammy project so I hope regulations will not make it strict that will discouraged devs that are planning to announce their ICO projects in the future.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:38:44 AM

ICO is not ending. If anyone sincerely believe that the end have coming I will say ICO end exist only in their imagination. ICO has become integra part of crypto currency acceptance and development. Crypto currency is borderless and it's going to be hard to place a restrictions!

romeo111

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:49:08 AM

"U.S., now China... Will all ICO's be regulated now?"
I don't think they will regulated all ICO's. they can control some organization but not  all ICOs.
Most of the ICOs are born in this thread. the bitcointalk can regulate it and also help to protect us for scam project.
Raldyn

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:04:02 AM

Sometimes I think why it can be so .. why some countries forbid the existence of ICO when the digital era can not be dammed again to become a necessity .. what maybe they are at a disadvantage with his ICO I asked him now until now why there is no ICO banned it is not a crime that should be forbidden
gjtnwls1

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:04:33 AM

i don't think regulations will hurt ico's because ico's can easily adjust.

what really hurts ico's are the investors who are not willing to waste their money.

ico projects should give the investors more than useless erc20 tokens if they really want to survive or collect money.

┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
gjtnwls1

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:07:02 AM

Here is some proof ICO's are not slowing down.  $2B in 2 months with September being the biggest month to date!

https://i.imgur.com/kQwluc8.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-16/initial-coin-offerings-rake-in-another-billion-in-under-2-months

this is a nice illustration, but i think somebody also needs to research what happened to that 800 million usd invested in icos in september.

┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:18:06 AM

Yes the end of ICO but only for those that are scams and not legit. Regulation is really needed to determine the good and the bad ICO for the protection of the people in which becomes victims of fraud like HYIP and Ponzis. I dont see anything wrong if the government will do such regulating policy because it is their responsibility to always protect the welfare of their people as guaranteed in the constitution.
bitofc

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:38:15 AM

The ICO probably wont be ended, and it will continue to be the trend.  But it is no longer as profitable for ICO investors, so ICO investors need to perform their own due diligence more carefully, and only pick those they think it is good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: