Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:22:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia p106-100 (Code 31) need help!  (Read 791 times)
Imelbi (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:53:19 AM

Hello guys, I have problem setting up mining rig with 6x Nvidia p106-100. It all worked okay for about 1 months but now i get error 15 in Claymore miner. Says it can't get temperature.

When i update drivers, I can see all 6 Gpus show up nicely in device manager. When I start the miner I get red warning that miner cant get temperature then shuts down or it continues to mine with 5 GPUs.

Then I go back to device manager and disable all devices and enable them back on, one gpu shows this error:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

Google says it could be drivers or hardware. Even though I used DDU to delete drivers and installed them couple of times. I used drivers from Gigabyte website made for P106-100. I tried drivers for GTX 1060 too still not working. I have problems with that kind errors on few other rigs too.

Can anyone help? I am willing to donate small amount of BTC to the person who finds out the solution!
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ap0stol

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:10:30 AM

I think PSU problem. Maybe you PSU can't supply all 6 GPU. You use 1 or 2 PSU ?
If one - try detach one videocard.
If two PSU try detach one card fron first PSU and try mining. If problem still exist detach one GPU from second PSU and try mining. If mining starts without errors - try put back first detached card.

and provide output of C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi.exe
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 06:32:38 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 06:49:02 AM by Undefined31415

Hello guys, I have problem setting up mining rig with 6x Nvidia p106-100. It all worked okay for about 1 months but now i get error 15 in Claymore miner. Says it can't get temperature.

When i update drivers, I can see all 6 Gpus show up nicely in device manager. When I start the miner I get red warning that miner cant get temperature then shuts down or it continues to mine with 5 GPUs.

Then I go back to device manager and disable all devices and enable them back on, one gpu shows this error:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Google says it could be drivers or hardware. Even though I used DDU to delete drivers and installed them couple of times. I used drivers from Gigabyte website made for P106-100. I tried drivers for GTX 1060 too still not working. I have problems with that kind errors on few other rigs too.

Can anyone help? I am willing to donate small amount of BTC to the person who finds out the solution!

What OS are you using? I see Windows, but what version?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
c-none

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:45:08 AM

Remove GPU driver by DDU and re-install.
I had the same issue and I fixed it by this.

If you need help, you may PM me.
killerelite

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:52:47 AM

A clean install of windows might be worth it , Most it can take is an hour and this way you will know for sure that the problem isn't software releated
Imelbi (OP)

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:03:08 AM

What OS are you using? I see Windows, but what version?

I am using win 10 Pro.
jareso

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:26:52 AM

Try to physically swap/mix order of those cards in risers on motherboard to see whether problem will be reported on the exactly same GPU or different one.
This way you will see if it is hardware failure of GPU, or riser failure, or software driver problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: