Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:37:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost around 5BTC in 2013... Time to start again  (Read 1900 times)
xandriel

Activity: 586
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:55:18 PM

Now 0.2 btc maybe fall down to 0.1 btc. Are you ok? Hope you still doing everything good

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:25:18 AM

So back in 2012 / 2013 I was quite involved with the Crypto scene, and invested in a mining rig (good old days!) After around a year or so, I managed to mine LTC, trade BTC etc and had somewhere in the region of 5BTC. As the prices all started to plummet, I turned the rig to a desktop computer and stupidly left all of my coins in Cryptsy. Easily done for someone who understood the basic fundamentals of the Crypto world, but not all of the security to go with it.

I managed to recover about 0.2BTC from old wallets etc, and although kicking myself that I could have a life changing amount of money, I've come to a conclusion that I just need to build a bridge and start again!

My question to you all is have you ever experienced anything like this? How did you find the motivation to start again? And what do you think are the best ways nowadays (as i'm 4 years out of touch) at getting back to that milestone of 1BTC in my wallet?

Thanks,

I guess it's just a matter of time. nothing is too late for that.
I experienced as you told me. but I try to re-engage with bitcoin. I explore knowledge again, day by day. and to date. I can enjoy a bit of the bounty of bitcoin.
Whatever happens happens for some reason. There are no accidents. If a person continues his journey even after this great a loss, that definitely means he has trust in bitcoins and this way he will become the symbol of courage also attracting many others. The motive must be, if I will fall down for seven times, I will stand up for eight times.
Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:33:01 AM

So back in 2012 / 2013 I was quite involved with the Crypto scene, and invested in a mining rig (good old days!) After around a year or so, I managed to mine LTC, trade BTC etc and had somewhere in the region of 5BTC. As the prices all started to plummet, I turned the rig to a desktop computer and stupidly left all of my coins in Cryptsy. Easily done for someone who understood the basic fundamentals of the Crypto world, but not all of the security to go with it.

I managed to recover about 0.2BTC from old wallets etc, and although kicking myself that I could have a life changing amount of money, I've come to a conclusion that I just need to build a bridge and start again!

My question to you all is have you ever experienced anything like this? How did you find the motivation to start again? And what do you think are the best ways nowadays (as i'm 4 years out of touch) at getting back to that milestone of 1BTC in my wallet?

Thanks,

I experienced as you told me. but I try to re-engage with bitcoin. I explore knowledge again, day by day. and to date. I can enjoy a bit of the bounty of bitcoin.
Whatever happens happens for some reason. There are no accidents. If a person continues his journey even after this great a loss, that definitely means he has trust in bitcoins and this way he will become the symbol of courage also attracting many others. The motive must be, if I will fall down for seven times, I will stand up for eight times.
That's the spirit, I have loss some already from the fall of value in btc now but don't.feel worried about it for we know that btc can cope up on this crash soon.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:49:23 PM

Thanks,

Now it’s time to get into BTC again man now time has changed and you would get a lot of profit , BTC are ruling in many areas and that day will come when you will enjoying your profits. I will like to recommend investing maximum into bitcoins to have secure future.
cryptoking710

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:00:45 PM

Well you are in the right place and will get plenty of advice from forum members here!!

If first you don't succeed (learn some more) and try, try  again!!!

tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:03:12 PM

You have to believe in your ability, know everyone who has a good future of course he must have experienced a failure or loss, but this is where you should be more excited and learn from your failures so it does not happen again in the future, I'm sure. . You can start it again and learn from your previous experience, do not forget I say this welcome back in bitcoin world

Well, back in 2015 when I got into Bitcoin, I actually lost about $15 (worth $150 or more with current rate, possibly $1000+) while trying to sell it to an exchanger. I felt really bad and had to quit, but returned when price went up high to $2000plus. I still managed to cope with and I’m okay with what I have now.
I wish you very best of luck for your future. I think there is no other better way of learning new lessons in life but the lessons which you learn by suffering a loss in the world of business especially. The only thing you need is you should not repeat those mistakes in the future to avoid further loss.
Streamlink

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:51:53 AM

You have to believe in your ability, know everyone who has a good future of course he must have experienced a failure or loss, but this is where you should be more excited and learn from your failures so it does not happen again in the future, I'm sure. . You can start it again and learn from your previous experience, do not forget I say this welcome back in bitcoin world

Well, back in 2015 when I got into Bitcoin, I actually lost about $15 (worth $150 or more with current rate, possibly $1000+) while trying to sell it to an exchanger. I felt really bad and had to quit, but returned when price went up high to $2000plus. I still managed to cope with and I’m okay with what I have now.

Good to know you didn't let it knock you too far and you got back up and running!
You are very much right. I think that this is a very bold step which he has taken to come back and start his carrier once again after having this much of loss. I think he will surely manage to earn his profit and will be able to cover what all he lost. The only advice which I want to give him is that does learn from your past mistakes and work hard.

paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:01:04 AM

if you still have interest in cryptocurrencies (as you shown by opening this topic) you should just forget the past and learn from your mistakes, here in my office we have the motto: fail fast, fail often, learn from mistakes and move forward.
We are embracing the Agile philosophy and trust me, it works in crypto world too, so keep your head up and keep going!
Best of luck!
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:11:21 AM

I've lost a lot of bitcoin because got hacked, then loses a lot in trade, in gambling. Indeed when I lose in big amounts usually my spirit started down.
but in the end, I will rise up and be sure to get a lot more when looking at the price of bitcoin is always increase, there my spirit to recovery.

spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:16:55 AM

Well the best thing to do right now is to have some BTC again, I mean invest some of your money again right now. And with that you can start again. Actually that is great of you saying that starting in bitcoin right now is easy. You've lost 5 btc which makes you having 25000 usd right now if that thing didn't happened.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:17:10 AM

Its pretty normal. They estimate that around 1 million bitcoins has been lost forever. This makes the total supply much lower than the 21 million. Thus the value of the coin should be higher.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:19:42 AM

I'm sure this has happened a lot in the early days of Bitcoin.
There have been a few threads here on BCT about people
loosing coins through various reasons.

I personally know of a user who totally forgot they had coins
in a wallet on the hard drive of the computer from 2013,
luckily they hadnt changed the PC or disposed of it.

The interest was ignited again last year when they read
a news article about Bitcoin and luckily they were able
to retrieve the coins !

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:01:32 PM

I wish you very best of luck for your future. I think there is no other better way of learning new lessons in life but the lessons which you learn by suffering a loss in the world of business especially. The only thing you need is you should not repeat those mistakes in the future to avoid further loss.
This time you will not lost just get started and then spend time on market evaluation and take decision calmly. And I feel sorry for the loss in 2013 but believe me time has changed a lot now there is no possibility of losing your investment just buy low and sell high .
nagobinga

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:18:52 PM

BTC prices will continue to soar from year to year now the price of 1 BTC is very high exceeding 50 million will not drop probably until the end of October.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:26:15 PM

Its very disappointing to hear your story.Fortunately,i have not faced such situations.As an immediate act,either you could join a signature campaign and it would take time for you to get promoted and earn money.Or else,if you have some money to invest,you could just buy bitcoins with it and hold it in your wallet or buy altcoin and start trading.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
iq_armando

Activity: 379
Merit: 112

Tips: 3DhgXE1BedBJY6uxjxai3Nsaj8sXGU4ite

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:28:24 PM

You heard about this news?, can it help you in any way?

$8.2 Million: Court Orders Default Judgment Against Cryptsy CEO

https://www.coindesk.com/8-2-million-court-orders-default-judgment-cryptsy-ceo/

carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:29:42 PM

Well the best thing to do right now is to have some BTC again, I mean invest some of your money again right now. And with that you can start again. Actually that is great of you saying that starting in bitcoin right now is easy. You've lost 5 btc which makes you having 25000 usd right now if that thing didn't happened.
These happen in too many bitcoin users lost of btc but the best thing is to start again and dont lose hopes. Yes invest some money into bitcoin as the price may continue to increase. And bitcoin is the best investment which a profitable but dont forget all your details and you are safe.
btcdepo

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:31:05 PM

I have some sort of similar story. 2013 was unlucky year for me too. but 2017 gave me things I've lost. wishing the same for you as well..

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:35:59 PM

OP just keep in mind, we are still getting started.   2020 is the next halving and you can expect a doubling of whatever the price is then, by around January 2021.   I believe that's when we'll be seeing the $10,000 BTC prices.   Plenty of time between then and now for it to slowly increase into the $5,000 range, and then they cut new supply in half ... $10k is soon after.

Bitcoin is going to $100,000 per token just like Berkshire Hathaway stock has gone to $135,000 over a period of 20 years.  Hang in there.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
annbagira

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:44:38 PM

Thanks,
It does not matter how many times you loose more all more important is how many times you got up! Never give up!! You are real man who have risen exactly so much times as you fell it's mean that you already are winner! We are not talking about competitions, titles or victories. This rather, will help to defeat yourself, be stronger than yesterday, more enduring and purposeful. I find it super great and those who never loosing they never will be better then yesterday! So go ahead! Start new life but be attentive! Its risky! Good luck!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: