Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 04:34:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does avalon fail at customer communication?
Yes - 64 (58.7%)
Yes, no response for +1mos - 9 (8.3%)
Yes, no response since I ordered - 21 (19.3%)
No - 2 (1.8%)
No, I receive email responses right away! - 2 (1.8%)
No, I get responses in a reasonable time frame - 4 (3.7%)
I have no comment until my order ships for fear of retribution - 7 (6.4%)
Total Voters: 109

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitsyncom, can you please hire some employees, answer emails, and tickets?  (Read 2233 times)
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:41:19 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 01:33:17 AM by senseless

I received a response to my email and/or support ticket. My account has a new update that updated my shipping from EMS to a DHL tracking number (Sent as an update to my account/order). They responded to my request in <48 hours or so. So apparently they do read them, but they must just not personally respond to every one of them.

It appears they are indeed trying to improve their customer service.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 04:26:07 PM

I second this even though avalon heard me now... its really hard to have a problem that puts pressure on your shoulder, in my case the bitcoins of others, and i cant do anything.

Some support employees should help very much.

I even know one in forum that paid for 10k chips. The transaction didnt go through because the payment waited for confirmations longer than 8 hours... now the order is gone and the bitcoins too because avalon cant be reached... thats not how it should run...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
koob

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:37:05 PM

Which country is it ?
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:54:06 PM

@OP: Don't be born in that country.
Problem solved.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:09:24 PM

If any of you have the same problems with corruption inside of EMS in your home country you could be looking at having to pay 45,000$ or more in "special taxes" aka bribes based on the valuation of the package (If you receive it at all).
i'm guessing italy? Tongue

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
senseless (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:14:47 PM

Problem solved.

I wasn't, I just happen to live here.

Which country is it ?

Some corrupt SEA nation.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:21:41 PM

I have nothing bad to say about Avalon personally.

But it does seem to me for the great amount of business they are doing, and the great products they have, a little bit would go a long way. I'm sure in China it would be fairly inexpensive to hire a min wage dedicated secretary or customer service person to assist with running the day-to-day stuff, while Yifu and the other BTC champions can be freed up to do more important stuff.

Even just having a full-time employee in this sort of role doing this one day a week would really help the situation out massively.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:30:14 PM

Problem solved.

I wasn't, I just happen to live here.

Which country is it ?

Some corrupt SEA nation.

If you don't know the name of the country you are in, it might be hard for Avalon to deliver your unit regardless of which carrier they use.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:34:00 PM

But it does seem to me for the great amount of business they are doing, and the great products they have, a little bit would go a long way. I'm sure in China it would be fairly inexpensive to hire a min wage dedicated secretary or customer service person to assist with running the day-to-day stuff, while Yifu and the other BTC champions can be freed up to do more important stuff.

Even just having a full-time employee in this sort of role doing this one day a week would really help the situation out massively.

I think it's the only way forward. They have the money, they are making a huge mark up on their bulk chips.

In his recent talk at Bitcoin 2013 he admitted the team hate the customer service aspect and want to concentrate on development and engineering, that's what motivates them.

That's understandable, I'd be like that too, but you can't afford to loose sight of the fact if your customers are unhappy, you don't get the funding for development and it's such an easy fix to to hire someone to make your life more efficient and rewarding and keep your customer base happy as well.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:49:34 PM

I think it's the only way forward. They have the money, they are making a huge mark up on their bulk chips.

In his recent talk at Bitcoin 2013 he admitted the team hate the customer service aspect and want to concentrate on development and engineering, that's what motivates them.

That's understandable, I'd be like that too, but you can't afford to loose sight of the fact if your customers are unhappy, you don't get the funding for development and it's such an easy fix to to hire someone to make your life more efficient and rewarding and keep your customer base happy.

Money is not a problem for them. I'd imagine they have a problem finding people they can trust.
They are small co. that is going through some growing pains.  

We don't hear from them because they are busy setting up SMT machines, organizing logistics.  Last thing they want to do is to go through a lengthy interview process to find a customer rep they can trust.  To hire someone is easy.
If you hire someone and then you have to micromanage them, it creates more problems than it solves.

I'm guessing the physical/financial security is a problem for them.

Remember they are operating in China.  If local officials smell big bucks, they will be knocking on their doors to get some.  Taxes, licenses, permits, certifications etc.

My guess is that they try to stay under the radar for the above reasons.

Actually, to be fair, you are probably 100% correct. My comment revolved around an ideal world theory, not real world limitations...

I keep seeing them as a bunch of undeniably smart rogue students, but to be fair what they've achieved this far is nothing short of miraculous and takes a huge amount of organisational skills!

They could easily sell out to someone local and outside the community if they so wished. Props to them for staying true to the cause...

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:08:09 PM

By right never and never used EMS to send your boxes or documents out of china, it is control by and belongs to the government. Always used DHL/Fedex or UPS to get your goods send out.

Avalon customer service needs to be improved. I wonder why can't they get anyone or workers in to help? Ngzhang or yifu sure has
families or relatives in china, hire these people and is common knowledge that factories bosses always prefer to hire their own family members to work for them and getting 1 or 2 person in the help desk should not be an issue. I think a lot of this  emails coming in are not open or even read? because they are too busy with R&D and production. I would say  butterfly service is also terrible.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:40:16 PM

By right never and never used EMS to send your boxes or documents out of china, it is control by and belongs to the government. Always used DHL/Fedex or UPS to get your goods send out.

Avalon customer service needs to be improved. I wonder why can't they get anyone or workers in to help? Ngzhang or yifu sure has
families or relatives in china, hire these people and is common knowledge that factories bosses always prefer to hire their own family members to work for them and getting 1 or 2 person in the help desk should not be an issue. I think a lot of this  emails coming in are not open or even read? because they are too busy with R&D and production. I would say  butterfly service is also terrible.

Butterfly need to employ an entire army to man their customer services, they have an exponentially greater volume of problems to deal with!!

Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:29:59 AM

That's understandable, I'd be like that too, but you can't afford to loose sight of the fact if your customers are unhappy, you don't get the funding for development and it's such an easy fix to to hire someone to make your life more efficient and rewarding and keep your customer base happy.

Money is not a problem for them. I'd imagine they have a problem finding people they can trust.
They are small co. that is going through some growing pains. 

We don't hear from them because they are busy setting up SMT machines, organizing logistics.  Last thing they want to do is to go through a lengthy interview process to find a customer rep they can trust.  To hire someone is easy.
If you hire someone and then you have to micromanage them, it creates more problems than it solves.

I'm guessing the physical/financial security is a problem for them.

Remember they are operating in China.  If local officials smell big bucks, they will be knocking on their doors to get some.  Taxes, licenses, permits, certifications etc.

My guess is that they try to stay under the radar for the above reasons.

Fuck that.

They can EASILY get a trusted virtual assistant from India for basically no money at all.

That is really easy. And if they wanted, they'd just ask on THIS FORUM to get someone.
Chaplin

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:27:26 AM

I would have bought a Batch 2 Avalon, if they had put a decent share of Batch 1s in consumers' hands before throwing open the next ordering process. BitSyncom's inconsistent and downright snippy forum presence wasn't exactly reassuring. When you do honest work in a den of thieves, you really need to show your hand.
SellingMyGPUs

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:30:20 AM

I would have bought a Batch 2 Avalon, if they had put a decent share of Batch 1s in consumers' hands before throwing open the next ordering process. BitSyncom's inconsistent and downright snippy forum presence wasn't exactly reassuring. When you do honest work in a den of thieves, you really need to show your hand.
To put things in perspective, don't forget that they had to open Batch #2 pre-orders way ahead of schedule because they ran out of funding to complete the production of Batch #1

It was sink or swim and BitSyncom was under a lot of stress.

On the other hand, the Batch #2 customers saved Avalons ass and a bit more feedback and information on order processing would be appreciated....
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:00:07 AM

Its not a problem about answering emails, the thing is they just don't give a shit about you or your orders. Feel bad for you guys, but these faggots like BFL and Avalon won't exist anymore now that real companies are coming out with hardware.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:25:31 AM

UPDATE:

I received a response to my email and/or support ticket. My account has a new update that updated my shipping from EMS to a DHL tracking number (Sent as an update to my account/order). They responded to my request in <48 hours or so. So apparently they do read them, but they must just not personally respond to every one of them.

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:46:36 AM

UPDATE:

You have now recieved 1000% more satisfaction than ANY customer ordering from BFL !!!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 11:12:22 PM

Ok... so i now called bitsyncom and really got him... he didnt stop the call and talked a bit. Unfortunately he couldnt solve my problem on the go but he told me that Avalon will start with support...

Im not a native english speaker so i only understood a part of what he said but he told me something like this: "its about the chip orders?"... "its some time since they arrive"... "we will start with doing support"... "we will send out a newsletter about this soon"... "then open a ticket to get support".

So i really hope the problems i have can be solved soon.

Can someone tell me where to sign in for the newsletter? Im a customer already but i dont remember getting a newsletter since then so i have to sign in probably. Someone can give me a link?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:55:52 PM

Sebastian,
I hope that your issues get resolved.
I mean, come on, for crying out loud, hardware manufacturers.
*edit* - BFL and Avalon both absolutely show loathing toward the people that give them money. *

I signed up for newsletters by going to http://launch.avalon-asics.com/

Go to the bottom of the page, there is a link to sign up for newsletters.

FWIW, I think that I only received a couple of emails since prior to Batch #3 orders opened.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: