Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:28:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Government Must be Winning!  (Read 1948 times)
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:33:21 PM

Cryptocurrency is representing a dream...a dream when we can get away from the control, power and influence of the government most especially with finance and economy. This includes minimizing the control of central banking on matter on matters of policies and economic direction.

However, correct me if I am wrong, the battle has not yet started and it looks we the many Bitcoin or crypto enthusiasts are on the losing side. We have just witnessed how a single pronouncement or a news can drastically affect the value of the Bitcoin market.

Now, what would happen if many of the big governments would one day declare Bitcoin to be illegal? Will it mean that realistically it is the government who is winning in this battle? Or is there really a battle in the first place?

Tell me your convictions and dreams regarding Bitcoin.

Now, what would happen if many of the big governments would one day declare Bitcoin to be illegal? Will it mean that realistically it is the government who is winning in this battle? Or is there really a battle in the first place?
  - This won't be happen for sure, because if you know what happened before in Russia and China these both country they banned bitcoin, right? but in a short period of time they revoked it. Instead, they'll ride on the trend also they adopt the system of bitcoin up to now. And for sure in the near future there are more nations are preparing themselves to make bitcoin legalize to their own country as what Japan did a couple of months ago.
You know what, I have same opinion but what exactly my curiosity is at the moment that to what extent the governments possess the power in the world of crypto currencies. If they ban bitcoins, I think it should not stop the usage of bitcoins as internet is under no one's control.
Yes exactly, I don't know why these people wouldn't understand a simple logic as that. I mean its pretty obvious like so. They wouldn't understand the true concept Bitcoin itself. They wouldn't even know the meaning of decentralized currency, They've already spent enough time to get it but why are they like this?

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:36:13 PM

Which government from which country are you specifically point towards? I'm quite sure ultimately there will be government that can accept and advocate the concept of BTC and when the rest have seen what BTC could do, they might change their mind afterwards as well. Even China is not banning ICO outright (who doesn't love money?), ICO will still be back after they have sort out all the regulations and rule, to make ICO better eventually!

pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:48:10 PM

Which government from which country are you specifically point towards? I'm quite sure ultimately there will be government that can accept and advocate the concept of BTC and when the rest have seen what BTC could do, they might change their mind afterwards as well. Even China is not banning ICO outright (who doesn't love money?), ICO will still be back after they have sort out all the regulations and rule, to make ICO better eventually!
My point of thinking as well because from the look of things the "winning" that the government seems to have is being handed over to them by the players in the industry that tend to create panics and that winning will even be short lived the moment the market is back in place then they realise that their attack can only shake us but not drown us.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:22:34 PM

The real question for cryptocurrencies is whether global ban on them would prevent their mass adoption or only delay it? The whole point of crypto is its ability to withstand any direct attacks, but it would be up to people to risk their freedom and wealth (if crypto will be illegal) to get more financial freedom. Take weed for example - it was illegal in all states, yet very high percentage of population tried it at least once, similar can happen if crypto will be banned - people will continue to use it nonetheless, if they will clearly see benefits for them. What is important is that cryptocurrencies need to continue improving, and offer better privacy and scalability, so they can compete better with legacy financial system.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:37:18 PM

government is only taking advantages of our weaknesses. we the bitcoins have never hide any information related to Bitcoin but still, people who are less familiar with the Bitcoin is being affected by the rumors spread by governments. they are the politicians they play with people's mind. I think it is no point on winning or losing because we have to spread the awareness to humans so that they can understand why exactly Bitcoin has these weaknesses.
DaftAjax

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:30:25 PM

government is only taking advantages of our weaknesses. we the bitcoins have never hide any information related to Bitcoin but still, people who are less familiar with the Bitcoin is being affected by the rumors spread by governments. they are the politicians they play with people's mind. I think it is no point on winning or losing because we have to spread the awareness to humans so that they can understand why exactly Bitcoin has these weaknesses.
What weakness are you blubbering about? I never heard of Bitcoin having weakness, since the government are desperate in making this currency be a centralized one. But the thing is they can't crack the code out of it. I agree in the part that the government are using political aspects so that they could convince people not to use Bitcoin, so that they can have less problems in the future. But the truth is the community is still growing in positive rate. The people have never been the weakness of Bitcoin but it is the weakness of the people it self. Since they are not familiar and not that aware about Bitcoin.

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:07:07 PM

I'm not taking this issue lightly or it just that I can't see any possibilities either.. Government and bitcoin are now working to regulate and take bitcoin to the next level for legalization.. It was so absurd to think they will totally banned bitcoin as a whole,, for it will only shows they're greed of money from bankers.. It will only put them on bad lights and it will be chaos in the long run..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
DaftAjax

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:14:27 PM

My point of thinking as well because from the look of things the "winning" that the government seems to have is being handed over to them by the players in the industry that tend to create panics and that winning will even be short lived the moment the market is back in place then they realise that their attack can only shake us but not drown us.
This is all nothing but false accusation and all. The government are just being too desperate in making the cryptos their own and monopolize it. But they can't do such a thing, because the thing is we already know what is the true capabilities of these coins and we wouldn't be so naive to believe such news, that it is just merely impossible.

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:34:38 PM

I think the government is overwhelmed with bitcoin, especially if the government wants to impose a tax on bitcoin users, it will be very difficult, because bitcoin users are very difficult to track and are anonymous, I think it will take a very long time if the government wants to fight and apply taxes against bitcoin

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:51:01 PM

Nope I don't think the government is winning anything. As long as Bitcoin remains Decentralized maybe with just little centralization, no government can censor it.
Bitcoin reacting to News is pretty normal even Fiat react to news in thesame way which is why people trade forex.

You mustn't always lose when Bitcoin dips If you know what you doing. Experienced traders made lots of money from that fall... so you still profit from price fluctuating in both ways.
crismass1225

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:15:13 PM

i think "WE" [enthusiast of bitcoin and altcoin] are not in the losing side and we are not enemy of the government and banks and vice versa. The real enemy here are those Scammers, Thieves, Online Criminal that use bitcoin and other altcoin to there unlawful businesses. If we dont take an action and let this happen that can defile the name of Cryptocurrency in the world, that will be the start that government will take action and regulate it. We must first discipline our self and dont be too greedy to attain our financial freedom and wealth. If we abuse its function we will all end up with nothing.
farwellbit

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:13:21 AM

Nope I don't think the government is winning anything. As long as Bitcoin remains Decentralized maybe with just little centralization, no government can censor it.
Bitcoin reacting to News is pretty normal even Fiat react to news in thesame way which is why people trade forex.

You mustn't always lose when Bitcoin dips If you know what you doing. Experienced traders made lots of money from that fall... so you still profit from price fluctuating in both ways.

Pump and dump is part of game and the real strategic player is that one who play successfully in crucial time and stay calm dump is also good for the investors they can make money from it also as they need to think about it and many of investor buy a lot in dump because they knew well that this will give them huge profit in the time of pump.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:34:19 AM

it is not a war against bitcoin but it is a war against the people who hold that bitcoin but use it in undesirable purpose like drug trafficking, money laundering, ransoms, tax evasion from crypto trading. Statelessness is what the criminals and villains dream because they want to dominate by their evil powers and the weak is their slaves, and need no protection. Government must regulate the usage of bitcoin to citizens as it is for our own good. Tax is what we pay the government to protect the people in accordance with the law. Fraudulent investors, businessmen and traders hate government because they think they take away their money of course indeed because that money is not from a legal transactions. Everybody must win between, the government and the bitcoin community to sustain this crypto currency world.If you use that crypto for fiat currency exchange - the government owned currency then government should take their shares too.
zollyharvan

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:38:17 AM

We need not only rules to become enemies for Bitcoiners. bad developers, thieves, hackers. If we can not control all the bad things in the room of Bitcoin and Altcoin, do not think for a moment all of this will retreat so unregulated and unnoticed. If we do not organize our actions against our cruel and selfish effort in making extra money, then we will end up with a greater advantage over us.
Voice-Of-Reason

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:44:54 AM

I think the most probable outcome it for cryptos to start getting taxed, so the Gov can also have a stake
Bruce Wayne

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:53:27 PM

I don't think that the government can stop cryptocurrency. It's the entire purpose of it. Any ideas of how it could actually stop cryptocurrency from being used?

Join My Newsletter (Free) By Shooting Me A Message On Here With Your Email Address. 1st Newsletter Goes Out in December! Happy Trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: