Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:39:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLO MINING BULK  (Read 644 times)
afrar (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:20:57 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 08:27:13 PM by afrar

Hi ,
  I am new to mining. I have a setup of 300 pcs L3+(151 GH/s) mining rigs.
What could be better profit?

1. Solo mining with litecoinpool.org ?
2.Sell hash rate with miningrigrentals ?
3.Pool mining with antminer ?  

Thanks for valuable answers.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:45:41 PM

Well, if you have that much amount of miners and hash power, no need to look beyond the solo mining. Pool mining will obviously involve with some pool fees that you can save mining solo and hash rate rental will consume a lot of maintenance time. Solo mining, way to go!
afrar (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:51:01 PM

Well, if you have that much amount of miners and hash power, no need to look beyond the solo mining. Pool mining will obviously involve with some pool fees that you can save mining solo and hash rate rental will consume a lot of maintenance time. Solo mining, way to go!

Thanks for the reply. Can give me some best place for solo mining?
afrar (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:26:39 PM

Any one have answer for this ?
Leass

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:21:57 PM

Well solo mining most often means simply mining to Your wallet if coin uses getwork or setting pool for Yourself (Just type it in google, you need one unix machine to run pool).
Both ways are most often described in ANN thread here.

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:44:27 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 11:08:12 AM by loshia

Well solo mining most often means simply mining to Your wallet if coin uses getwork or setting pool for Yourself (Just type it in google, you need one unix machine to run pool).
Both ways are most often described in ANN thread here.
Not really  Wink
Experience and time are needed to maintaining such thing. For reference my solo pool ltc.tbdice.org is the best one of each public solo LTC pool out there. TBDice is  offering DOGE MM mining with lowest fees sharing TX fees with miners. It runs on dedicated server with 128 Gig of Ram 1G of backbone connectivity and powerful cpu. For instance when 2000 Gh/s were reached machine was 93% Idle.
I will disagree with you that a big mining farm shall go with "getwork", The option for setting up a pool is reasonable to avoid fees but experienced people have to be available 24x7 to make things run smoothly + dedicated machine + good backbone.

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Chronn

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:12:18 PM

A quick check says the whole litecoin network has a nethash of about 17.000 Gh/s. You have about 150 Gh/s. So you would provide slightly below 1% of the whole network. Statistics say otherwise and a more likely to be right, but just as a quick guesstimate you should solve every 100th block, a little less actually. With blocktime of ~2.5 minutes that means one block roughly every 5 hours.
Please remember that this is not precise at all and just a lot of guesswork.

The only difference between pool mining and solo mining would be the rate of payouts recieved. Either once every ~5 hours or every time the pool solves a block.

As I trade coins mostly, I'd be interested to have them as soon as possible, hence pool mining. If you want maximum profit, go for solo mining.

Concerning the selling of hash power, I haven't checked their offers but considering you have a lot of power, it is unlikely that they will be able to put it all to good use and therefore you should earn less than you would with mining yourself.

I am far from an expert on that though, so please feel free to correct me on that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: