Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:17:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what will happen to ETH now that ICO is dead?  (Read 3712 times)
Technos

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:47:07 PM

It's obvious that the hype will slow down, but ICOs are probably not dead yet. I think people will use anonymous and decentralized exchanges to trade these tokens. The problem is that you may not be able to know who is developing these things, and the risk of investing in it will be much higher.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 06:50:08 PM

nothing in particular that is just one of his uses, smart contract can do anything
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:51:13 PM

It is too early to mention just Eth. In last 2 days all coins,including btc, have been hit hard. Let's wait and see if Eth recovers at the same rate as the others.

I think I agree with this, because of ICOs being illegal, bitcoin,waves and eth will be affected a lot. The reason why this coins are rising is because of ICO's and the investors. With less ICO, there would be less people who would use these coins to buy new coins. It's pretty sad, but lets just wait if things will be better after a few months.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:55:35 PM

First, the ICO is not yet dead. Its conduct is prohibited only in China, and China is not the whole world. Secondly, as far as I know, only those ICOs that were planned to be conducted are banned, not those already existing. Thirdly, the ICO can resume its activities under government control, which will be much safer for investors. As for the etherium, it is likely to fall slightly in price, as it was largely tied to the ICO. Well, what will happen next, we'll see.
VeteranCoin

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:13:49 PM

Ethereum will going to continue, its not the ico its the use of eth and not only the chinese were able to use it.
This news is not new to me maybe its a kind of FUD news again. Every year there is a news that bitcoins is banned in china repeatedly.
Well said. ICO banned is in China only. They are not the only country who is in the ICO. So don't panic because ICO will be here as long as there are communities and supporter.
People have many way to invest ICO. so just dont worry. Maybe China just ban ICO in short term. They need to control it

Actually I have read that South Korea is planing to do something similar.
And it will most likely not be the last country who does so.
The ban will not go on for ever, but the number of new ICOs will go down after it.
And because they are funded with ETH that will decrease the demand for ETH long term.

You think long-term demand for ETH will decrease? Maybe short-term, but I think long-term ETH demand will rise.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:22:45 PM

we all know that the only reason why ETH went up in first place is a combination of pumping and ICOs.
now that China announced ICOs illegal and put and end to their existence a huge chunk of the investors in ICOs will go away and also people are going to be more afraid now that ICO is officially illegal. so they won't invest in any.

the ICOs so far will also probably cash out their ETH soon.

what will you think will be the future of Ethereum without ICOs to pump it?
how low will it crash?

Yes, ICOs have impacted on ETH price, both positively and negatively. But ICOs are not the purpose of ETH at all. If all ICOs on ETH stopped forever, I would still hold my ETH.
However, ICOs will not stop; they will return in a more regulated fashion.
Short-term, ETH will go up and down with the whole market. Long-term it will rise hugely. I'm still convinced it will overtake BTC in market cap (as will XRP).
Gennosuke

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:23:49 PM

Guys you dont need ICOs to build Dapps..
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:37:17 PM

Eth will still be pumping, imagine those people that keeps on investing in ICOs will be no focusing with ETH. As this ban is only applicable on China. And the whole economy isn't circulating only on them, there will be some dips including bitcoin as it will be affected but the cycle will be continuing.

cryptojeebus

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:38:55 PM

ICO is not dead. But ETH could be in some trouble. True.
hrshak462

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:43:23 PM

Too many non-accredited investors will be able to get rich from ICOs so the governments of the world need to shut that down.  The governments will say that they are protecting widows and orphans from gambling away their savings.  Only the rich are allowed to get richer.

The poor are, however, encouraged to gamble away their savings on scratch off lottery tickets.

No deal, McCutcheon, that moon money is mine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22aZ6avukGY
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:20:56 PM

Guys you dont need ICOs to build Dapps..

Are you suggesting that people develop stuff the old fashion way? That they actually demonstrate that they can produce something before they ask people for millions of dollars? Are you saying people should have something of substance to sell? More than an evening spent writing a white paper before they ask for millions?

If so I agree.
BeastLee

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:33:17 PM

I still dont get why bitcoin had to dump too. stupid day traders causing price dumps to news that doesnt even affect bitcoin
DylanJones

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Refereum.com

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:35:24 PM

China is not the whole world.
In fact, there's plenty more! Will be interested if investment stops or if China just stops raising.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:36:19 PM

I think eth will still survive the one that banned ICO is only china we still got a plenty of ICO and eth is a quite famous coin, the price won't be moving as fast as before but it will still survive
lovebrand007

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:38:37 PM

Ico will always keep going on, with or without the Chinese. I even think their company needs it more than ever now. Also, I wish America fully embrace crypto. So that Americans can start to participate in ICO. this will incite a boom. But I was wondering, can a Chinese travel out and operate an ICO in another country and return back to his country after its success.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:42:21 PM

we all know that the only reason why ETH went up in first place is a combination of pumping and ICOs.
now that China announced ICOs illegal and put and end to their existence a huge chunk of the investors in ICOs will go away and also people are going to be more afraid now that ICO is officially illegal. so they won't invest in any.

how low will it crash?

I think ethereum price will drop me unit gangly because token system is the main selling point for ethereum. And there is less dev to create eth token without ICO. I can't predict how low it will go, but at least not as popular as todays.

I don't think ICOs were Ethereum's main selling point at all. It is supposed to be a decentralized world computer (dapps, etc). It's supposed to do a hell of a lot more than issue simple tokens which act as substitutes for stock options.

At the same time, there's no doubt that the ETH bubble was pumped by investors buying into ICOs. Further, that much of ETH is "locked up" thereafter helped to dry up the supply. So it's possible that ETH could see considerable correction.

At the same time, BTC and the overall crypto market still look bullish to me. I suspect ETH will follow if I'm right about that.

Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:49:00 PM

Nobody in this thread or anywhere else has a clue what will occur. Remember this is speculation aka guessing but the one fact that they must dump their tokens for ETH is real. Another fact is they didn't buy ETH to buy ETH so why would they HODL the ETH? Common sense here...
atmosphere99

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:53:25 PM

I'm wondering about the enforceability of all of this. Couldn't the ICO just be established anywhere that it's still allowed? Surely it would be difficult to stop investors from sending ETH out of China for ICOs.
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:40:59 AM

how low will it crash?

I think ethereum price will drop me unit gangly because token system is the main selling point for ethereum. And there is less dev to create eth token without ICO. I can't predict how low it will go, but at least not as popular as todays.

I don't think ICOs were Ethereum's main selling point at all. It is supposed to be a decentralized world computer (dapps, etc). It's supposed to do a hell of a lot more than issue simple tokens which act as substitutes for stock options.

At the same time, there's no doubt that the ETH bubble was pumped by investors buying into ICOs. Further, that much of ETH is "locked up" thereafter helped to dry up the supply. So it's possible that ETH could see considerable correction.

At the same time, BTC and the overall crypto market still look bullish to me. I suspect ETH will follow if I'm right about that.

You're right that ICO is not ethereum main selling point, but ethereum is the favorite coin for ICO. So, the price of ethereum will be affected. But, I see it grow up slowly from yesterday.

xaxistech

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:45:31 AM

It is going up again, $340 each ethereum right now. You all know that Ethereum is more a speculate coin than a useful coin. Everybody who buys it, do it because they lost the train buying bitcoins when it was at $300 each one too, so they buy ethereum cause they think it will have its price too.
So it wont go down again, i think ethereum will stay between $300 and $500 at the end of the year.

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████