Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:58:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what will happen to ETH now that ICO is dead?  (Read 3710 times)
bhoybitcoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:02:30 PM

If China banned ICO it doesn't mean that ICOs will be ban in other countries. Some are against but some are still investing on it with the belief that it will boom in the future. So I can say that ICO will not die.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lovetrading

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:45:41 PM

China is not the whole world. I think this will hit ETH but not kill him. Also the Chinese are gamblers on the market, they can circumvent these prohibitions.

I agree. So what if china is banning ICO's. This is the USA!
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:52:19 PM

Eth may be a little affected by the ban raised by the china but eth will still live, it will survive. I don't think this is the worst situation eth has been thru and china is just one country. So long as there are still people investing in this coin and so long as its technolgy continues to impress people and prove its significance then eth will live.
It will surely live but as you said it would be somehow affected considering that Chinas participation on ICO does really give an impact since they do have the money to invest on but well since they are banning ICO then its not really the end of ETH knowing that china is just really single country and there are still lots who arent banning ICO. Theres still lots of ways.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
karabasss

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:15:23 PM

Eth may be a little affected by the ban raised by the china but eth will still live, it will survive. I don't think this is the worst situation eth has been thru and china is just one country. So long as there are still people investing in this coin and so long as its technolgy continues to impress people and prove its significance then eth will live.
It will surely live but as you said it would be somehow affected considering that Chinas participation on ICO does really give an impact since they do have the money to invest on but well since they are banning ICO then its not really the end of ETH knowing that china is just really single country and there are still lots who arent banning ICO. Theres still lots of ways.

It seems to me that China no longer has a significant influence on alternative currencies and on the crypto currency market as a whole.
The news of the ban has indeed lowered the price of the crypto currency, but recovery is already underway. I am confident that the situation will soon return to normal

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:36:14 PM

That ETH won't be hit would be wrong but I don't expect it to go down to the period before the surge of token via ETH platform because those that have been established are hope to continue to develop and making ETH relevant through transfer in and out of the market thereby consistently ensure that ETH is in demand and with that, price is expected to have absorbed the ban of ICOs favorably.
Warry

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:11:35 PM

It seems to me that China no longer has a significant influence on alternative currencies and on the crypto currency market as a whole.
The news of the ban has indeed lowered the price of the crypto currency, but recovery is already underway. I am confident that the situation will soon return to normal
In this year, the affection from China really cannot make the price of crypto changes. With new market like Korea, Japan, India make Asia market balance and stable than the past.
yunuzov

Activity: 464

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:20:38 PM

Well ICO is not dead at all. We will just have less scams and more quality ICOs so we should definetly stop panicking and calm down. ETH is a coin which sits on powerful pillars so i'm sure it will keep the uptrend in the long term. So ETH will be fine don't worry my friend.

civilufo

Activity: 375

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:16:57 AM

This is decentralization - not important where is participants live. And Eth not an exception. After Metropolos it will be even more noticeably. But some severity for today ICO's not bad

Yes, crypto currency is decentralized and anonymity, it is really not important where you live. So, China can only regulate ICO developer, no way to regulate participants.

TOYJJWGS

Activity: 220

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:52:02 AM

May eth for a long time the price will be down, because ico cut off, then eth market supply and demand will be a substantial decline in the loss of demand prices will lose support, so the forehead should also find a new way out
vesipyks

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:12:25 PM

Who has killed ICO? China has forbid ICO-s for chinese companies. There are about 200 countries in the world and China is just one. Participating in ICOs of other contries is still not illegal for chinese people so ETH will live on and ICO-s will still happen. It's a panic drop, life goes on and ETH goes on.

I do not understand how there are so many who do not actually put their thought into acquiring information and just live on with assumptions that have nothing to do with reality... and the go on declaring this as the truth to the rest of the world and things start to live their own lives.

You're right it's a real shocker that people would think that a country with 20 percent of the world's population can have any effect.  Roll Eyes

Additionally, the fact that other countries are moving towards regulations under security laws that will effectively shut down the majority of ICOs that can never meet the criteria is irrelevant too.  Roll Eyes

You are definitely right about "there are so many who do not actually put their thought into acquiring information and just live on with assumptions that have nothing to do with reality". In this we completely agree.

I would agree to your ironi about the effect of China if it would have been people who are forbidden to invest and participate in ICO-s. But it is not. It is illegal for the chinese companies to hold ICO-s. It does not mean that these ICO-s will not be held in other countries instead.

Currenty there are countries that are thinking of regulating. There are also these who are not. I do not see any serious steps from the rest of the world to regulate ICO-s and also regulating is not forbiding them. I believe it will take quite some time until we hear of the first country to regulate cryptocurrencies and ICO-s. Also... regulating the ICO-s is not by definition a negative thing. It would also prevent fraud and protect the investor. Of course it will be done in a smart and open minded way.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:14:00 PM

Well im not saying that China do really hold up the entire influence on cryptoworld but they would really give an impact into the ecosystem but same as you said im not really worried too much on crashes knowing that prices would really normally healed up or recover after such dip.Looking now at the price of Bitcoin which is going back to reach 4700 again and other alts are on green now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 01:18:53 PM

To tell the truth, I think there were too many ICOS going around. It's a little like if ICOS were the new ponzi. Hope this calms things down a bit...

As for ETH, there is much circulating already. IT can go down a bit, but it will likely recover.

Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:20:55 PM

As I  see ETH is still stable high. At beginning of this year it was around 40$.
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:23:57 PM

not the china that determines the ico will end, because the one who uses ico is the whole world, not just china alone, and i'm sure this is not the end of ico, and eth will not die, because it's not just because ico make eth it's developing.

saekotye07

Activity: 305

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:28:49 PM

china is only a country that said that ICO is illegal. the other chinese that want to invest or buy a ICO they can go transact it to the outside of china... we will see what happen on ICO and ETH

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
Altcoinmarket

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:55:58 PM

Ethereum will going to continue, its not the ico its the use of eth and not only the chinese were able to use it.
This news is not new to me maybe its a kind of FUD news again. Every year there is a news that bitcoins is banned in china repeatedly.

I have to agree. Although there is a huge number of contributors from China, there are still contributors all over the world regardless.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:09:24 PM

I think the topic should be, "what will happen to Eth now that ICO is dead in China?"
ICO is not dead but has really affected by China's latest statement and thus ETH, so with other altcoins used in ICO purchases, has been really affected. For me, this dips are not permanent and will recover soon. There are stil investors from outside China that also need to be considered.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
blueberry28

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:24:42 AM

Ethereum will going to continue, its not the ico its the use of eth and not only the chinese were able to use it.
This news is not new to me maybe its a kind of FUD news again. Every year there is a news that bitcoins is banned in china repeatedly.
Well said. ICO banned is in China only. They are not the only country who is in the ICO. So don't panic because ICO will be here as long as there are communities and supporter.
People have many way to invest ICO. so just dont worry. Maybe China just ban ICO in short term. They need to control it

Actually I have read that South Korea is planing to do something similar.
And it will most likely not be the last country who does so.
The ban will not go on for ever, but the number of new ICOs will go down after it.
And because they are funded with ETH that will decrease the demand for ETH long term.

How important is South Korea in terms of investment? Do they make big investments that would shake the market?
Just coming from pure curiosity.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:27:36 AM

You are saying that everyone in this world are chinese i agree to the fact that chinese invested the most but it's fine ico are still raising millions there are many people out who can invest in ico now the companies will focus on many small investors than few big investors.
Secondly i don't think china has any system to detect anyone investing in ico most likely nothing will change.
alva5763

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:33:55 AM

I would not agree that ICO is dead. ICO is not exclusive to China. Same rules as before ie read the whitepaper and see if there is a need for the coin. It is not all doom and gloom.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: