Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:34:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALTCOINHUB.com - Let's finally get a centralized platform going.  (Read 691 times)
induce (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:23:12 PM

http://www.altcoinhub.com

Hey guys. This place is a mess, as you can tell. So I went ahead and bought a domain and setup a forum we can use to discuss our altcurrencies! I know there are a couple others floating around, but I intend to work this full-time and foster its growth in any possible.

Let me know what you think, and if you're interested in helping! Let me know what altcoins you'd like to see: I'll add them as quick as I see them!

All other suggestions are appreciated as well. Go ahead and sign up! Thanks for your time!
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:31:18 PM

Hey guys. This place is a mess, as you can tell. So I went ahead and bought a domain and setup a forum we can use to discuss our altcurrencies! I know there are a couple others floating around, but I intend to work this full-time and foster its growth in any possible.

Let me know what you think, and if you're interested in helping! Let me know what altcoins you'd like to see: I'll add them as quick as I see them!

All other suggestions are appreciated as well. Go ahead and sign up! Thanks for your time!

Didn't someone else try this? How many forums do we need?

induce (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:43:22 PM

You raise a valid point. I know there are a couple out there, but I plan on promoting this heavily. There isn't a clear default.
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:45:28 PM

You raise a valid point. I know there are a couple out there, but I plan on promoting this heavily. There isn't a clear default.

I wish you luck. I'll be more then happy to join, if it catches on.

induce (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:47:27 PM

I wish you luck. I'll be more then happy to join, if it catches on.

Thanks for the kind words! It's not even 12 hours old yet! Spread the word! Smiley
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:48:16 PM

Even the forum name speaks of self-marginalization.

Please, can anyone start allcoinhub.com or allcointalk.org or something else that is obviously all-inclusive?

Thanks.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
niteryder

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:54:50 PM

Please, can anyone start allcoinhub.com or allcointalk.org or something else that is obviously all-inclusive?

Thanks.

I already had altchat.org all up and running with purdy logos, lot's of threads and MUCH MOAR.. But accidently it all.
induce (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:55:11 PM

Thanks.

I thought I might get a response like this.

Look, a lot of these coins are based on bitcoin. Despite the connotation you are perceiving, altcoinhub.com is open to any coin that is an alternative. It is all-inclusive and the name does not change that.

Thank you.
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:14:01 PM

Look, a lot of these coins are based on bitcoin. Despite the connotation you are perceiving, altcoinhub.com is open to any coin that is an alternative. It is all-inclusive and the name does not change that.

Thank you.
I completely believe that you had no intention to discriminate.

Its just that this "alternative" moniker has so many negative connotations in the modern American English. Think of "alternative rock", "adult album alternative" radio format, etc.

Don't just trust me, ask some friend with background in sociology.

Maybe: "equal crypto-opportunity", "universal crypto-coinage" (instead of universal suffrage), there's gotta be a better name. Edit: one thing will not work "National Association for the Advancement of Colored Coins" because the "colored coins" is a Russian-designed overlay on the original Bitcoin.

I sincerely wish good luck to you, no matter what you think about me now.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
induce (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:19:33 PM

Thank you.

Its just that this "alternative" moniker has so many negative connotations in the modern American English. Think of "alternative rock", "adult album alternative" radio format, etc.

Maybe: "equal crypto-opportunity", "universal coinage" (instead of universal suffrage), there's gotta be a better name.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I do not think ill of you. I understand your concerns.

At this point, to me, it is what it is. We are in an sub-forum called "Alternate Cryptocurrencies". There is literally next to no organization, and that's all I'm trying to offer.
SylTi

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:21:58 PM

You should have registered altcurrency.com xD

induce (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:22:53 PM

You should have registered altcurrency.com xD

Should have! But, what is in a name? I would just like to get a quality, better organized discussion area going.
induce (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:45:59 PM

Bump!
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:00:04 PM

Thank you.

Maybe: "equal crypto-opportunity", "universal crypto-coinage" (instead of universal suffrage), there's gotta be a better name. Edit: one thing will not work "National Association for the Advancement of Colored Coins" because the "colored coins" is a Russian-designed overlay on the original Bitcoin.

Did you just call him racist?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: