Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:51:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe governments can stop bitcoin after all  (Read 11314 times)
TaxiBloger

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:48:19 PM

This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.

Anyway it's too risky. As practice shows, government can track and find each bitcoin trader and investor, who didn't declare their coins.SO, if each country would ban ICO and cryptocurrencies and invest enough money in control departamets — we all will be under threat of detection. Sad, but it is true.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mininghubby

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:55:32 PM

This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.

Anyway it's too risky. As practice shows, government can track and find each bitcoin trader and investor, who didn't declare their coins.SO, if each country would ban ICO and cryptocurrencies and invest enough money in control departamets — we all will be under threat of detection. Sad, but it is true.
No one can stop bitcoin, I think it wouldn't be happen. Because we all know that no one can control bitcoin. Even the government can't able to control bitcoin. Actually, people earning money here in btc for their needs. So nobody wants to lost this big opportunity in their life. So I hope that goverment won't banned this bitcoin.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:59:41 PM

I don't think governments would actually "stop" the use of bitcoin. I foresee that they would try to use whatever advantage they have in power to regulate its use or to tax it that would actually have a more positive effect that stopping it. I think that all governments who seek a higher and better revenue with the industries that enter their jurisdiction or market would want to put their hand in the emerging potential of the bitcoin market instead of trashing it altogether by way of prohibitions and bans.

Chekh0vFun

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:34:58 PM

The very best strategy is to research concerning the gold coin tha you would tike to purchase.And join teams that are traders plus they're planning any pump motor and puts and you may loose or earn.Most of the time you can check yourself and find out the difference when users are most on the internet and when there are other deals.l
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:07:45 PM

Honestly, they really can. Once the government officials of a particular country passed a law where bitcoin users can go to jail, it will lessen the users of bitcoin within that country. Now, imagine if all countries would do that, then there would be few users of bitcoin, which will lessen it’s value until it becomes worthless.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:05:47 PM

The last I heard about the government of my country is that they had set up a committee to look into the Cryptocurrency and know how government can come in to make a proper regulation of it. I don't think they will want to try to stop  the blockchain and Cryptocurrency operations for now. They will want to swim in the pool of operations for a while; doing a study to know how it functions fully. The government coming in with the intention to put things in order.
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:12:33 PM

If that  thing would happen, I bet there will be a big rebellion that will happen and a big partition among government and its people will be done due to that disciplinary action brought by the government to evenly stop people on using bitcoin in their everyday life basis. But, if there will be a tough reasoning and proof that bitcoin has been proven to have bad effects on the state of mankind,  I think that will be an enough reason why the government will stop the usage of bitcoin in their state or country.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:44:53 PM

Yes bitcoins can be stopped by governments but they can never destroyed bitcoins because it is a big industry bigger than an individual government and besides icos are been banned because of a lot of scams but bitcoins do not do that because bitcoins are a currency. If all of the countries will ban bitcoins a lot of people will protest about it for it to be back. A lot of big people are involved in this thing and they will never let their business to go down that easily and also a lot of people are dependending their lives into bitcoins so they will probably fight for it.
Qunetick

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:48:21 PM

But I think not all people who invested in bitcoin are like the people that you are thinking in your mind. Maybe, there are some who are like that especially those greedy and selfish ones. But I don't think that all people will immediately stop just because some are considering it as an illegal kind of making money.

hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:29:59 PM

Well, government can't stop bitcoin maybe they regulate it and have taxes. We all know that government do not want decentralized because of their corruption activity. They would stop in other countries but not the whole world.
if0nlyweknew

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:01:08 AM

Obviously no doubt for me personally who still assistance Ethereum all the time. The value that remains constant in the highest position, obviously.. this could be considered in trading that may provide a higher profit chance than other altcoins.
Prince786

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:28:43 AM

No government can control or manage Bitcoin.I think Governments may not succeed in stopping the trading of Bitcoin.And it won't be banned, I'm sure, in most of the civilized countries.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:31:57 PM

Yeah , This is the truth that many times I have seen in my 5-6 year career of the bitcoin work . Many times the news about the bitcoin ban by the government results into dump in the price of the bitcoin and clearly told that nothing can remain stable with such types of the rumours world of stupid news .
Here in mine country also I heard news like they will ban ICOs exchange like china news was going on , that effected the market not much , but I think these are stupid rumours made by some big network of the people who dump the bitcoin rate and buy himself to make profit .
So here we should keep himself away from rumours and stupid informations also until we got offical announcement by the government or any part of the government sites offically.
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:17:41 PM

Yeah , This is the truth that many times I have seen in my 5-6 year career of the bitcoin work . Many times the news about the bitcoin ban by the government results into dump in the price of the bitcoin and clearly told that nothing can remain stable with such types of the rumours world of stupid news .
Here in mine country also I heard news like they will ban ICOs exchange like china news was going on , that effected the market not much , but I think these are stupid rumours made by some big network of the people who dump the bitcoin rate and buy himself to make profit .
So here we should keep himself away from rumours and stupid informations also until we got offical announcement by the government or any part of the government sites offically.
Even the government, I do not trust them when they announce to ban Bitcoin. I do not think they have enough power to ban all user of Bitcoin unless all the government of the world are accept to ban Bitcoin because some reason. But, the Japanese government assured Bitcoin is safe in their country. Cool
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:27:35 PM

There is a notable sensibility in the altcoin world related to the roomers or fake news, meaning that there is an immediate negative reaction. Some of us don't realise that they are part of something big and their actions has results, nomather the amount of altcoin they own.
mr_enoc

Activity: 276

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:44:49 PM

No, that's not gonna be happen. We all know that government was categorize in centralization system while Bitcoin was categorize in decentralization were obviously the government can't able to control bitcoin because of this wonderful and great features of bitcoin.

Yes, bitcoin is decentralized and uncontrollable. The government has no power against bitcoin. The reason why a lot of people are more willing to invest because they think that bitcoin investment is secure.

rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1045
Merit: 103

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:53:56 PM

Yes, I agree to this because people seems abusive for their work. It seems people trades for just illegal matters they are no more minding their daily works. Government must stop this because gold is now defeating.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:00:03 PM

Yes, I agree to this because people seems abusive for their work. It seems people trades for just illegal matters they are no more minding their daily works. Government must stop this because gold is now defeating.
What do you mean by people seems to be abusive .People who does illegal activities will carry on even if there is no bitcoin ,do you think that any government will be taking steps to combat the price of gold,what a strange analysis you have. Roll Eyes the government could control the flow of money in the cryptocurrency market by regulating it ,other than that there is nothing they can do.
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 10:12:19 PM

if they want to stop Bitcoin and all the other Altcoin,
they have to have a good reason why Bitcoin should be stopped, if it's because of investments or a very damaging business, do we all lose, so I guess they should have the right reasons to be able to close Bitcoin ...

rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:13:38 PM

Bitcoin is not so strong like the currency's euro and dollars. Governments are more powerful than you think they can do nearly everything they want. If they work together they can destroy Bitcoin. China once banned ICO i don't know if it is still going one, but Bitcoin was falling really hard down after the ban. There was also many manipulation people were saying that btc was going to die so some people were trying to sell their coins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: