Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:22:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Iridium ⚡LAUNCH⚡ The Coin For Everyone  (Read 7524 times)
Iridiumcoin (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:05:43 PM

What is the current network hashrate?

1.You can check current has rate in the block explorer. iridiumblock.com

2. We just launched today and we are in the works to get on some exchanges soon.

Thanks
All
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:06:58 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 09:26:00 PM by eule

If you have an idea on how to make it better and safer please bring it.
Don't just focus on smartphone users, add the invite functionality into the standard wallet as well or think of a distribution way that does not lock out potential users. My smartphone just broke for example, although that's a non-issue since it will take quite some time until 2.1 million users have been invited (unless I am right with my suspicion about the system being easy to cheat). However there are many potential users without smartphones who can't participate in the airdrop and I'm still not convinced that the system can't be cheated. MAC/IP addresses and emulated hardware can easily be changed, not to mention Google accounts.

50% premine is huge and a fair airdrop everyone can participate in, aswell as being transparent about where how many coins went is crucial. Telling us how many coins were distributed is not enough at all, who can tell us that you don't keep e.g. 20%? A website with premine distributon status should be minimum, don't hide these (far too incomplete) stats in the app. Every other distribution method, even a shitty giveaway per mail address or bitcointalk user would be more transparent, less easy to game and fair to everyone. Tongue

Also two typos in OP: "Fare & transparent" should be "Fair & transparent".

NEW POOL for IRI --- http://pool.hongico.com/ or direct access: http://www.52pool.com: 8080 / getting_started
20 minutes payment, payment per 300 coins
300 coins?! That's ridiculous, three full blocks... Will you pay out smaller miners with less than 300 coins or do you just keep their coins?  Also why would you hide the payments site and how can/why can't users check how many coins they mined so far? This smells like a scam. Tongue

BigHashMiner

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:12:04 PM

solo mining is not a option right? tried it on 3 rigs and no go. get the sun screen on and dive in to the pool Smiley
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:12:24 PM

50% premined for the public reminds me of Aurora. How will the public get the coins, and what's to prevent them from dumping them?
DarkGoddess

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Stars can't shine without darkness.

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:15:12 PM

50% premined for the public reminds me of Aurora. How will the public get the coins, and what's to prevent them from dumping them?

Exactly my thought, maybe distribution through an exchange buying the premine  Roll Eyes

I Would Rather Get Lost By Making My Way Than Following One's Path And Lose Myself.
eule

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:18:06 PM

Exactly my thought, maybe distribution through an exchange buying the premine  Roll Eyes
Indeed, Cryptopia giveaway would be a great way to distribute the coins, although that could be gamed with double accounts as well.

revinvested

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:20:20 PM

How do we configure the miner?

It says   It says failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 9817

Hello,
1.Please make sure that your wallet is fully synced.
2. Make sure the Iridium.conf is in the folder /%appdata%/roaming/iridium
3. When you open the x11 miner folder click on the (miner)

How to open the /%appdata%/roaming/iridium

1-Go to start in windows.
2- In the search box type %appdata% and the roaming folder will come up.
3. click on the folder and then click in the iridium folder.
4. paste the Iridium.conf in the iridium folder.

The open the miner and make sure wallet is running.

Your CPU should start Mining after these steps.

you arent explaining how you want the conf file configured,.,., where are the nodes? you want us to make a blank conf file? I added this to my file and wont connect to RPC port 9817. I have it open on my firewall. You need to be more clear on how to solo mine your coin

rpcuser=
rpcpassword=
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1

Good point Sir, also thinking what to do with .conf file.. want to try mining but there are a lot of unanswered questions  Huh
Iridiumcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:46:02 PM

Hello,

you arent explaining how you want the conf file configured,.,., where are the nodes? you want us to make a blank conf file? I added this to my file and wont connect to RPC port 9817. I have it open on my firewall. You need to be more clear on how to solo mine your coin

rpcuser=
rpcpassword=
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1

Thanks for the reply. When you unzip the CPU Miner the Iridium.conf has all the information configured. But here are the details of the iridium.conf File.

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=E0rE2plxn4UBh5t
rpcport=9817
port=9816
#(0=off, 1=on) daemon - run in the background as a daemon and accept commands
daemon=1
#(0=off, 1=on) server - accept command line and JSON-RPC commands
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Please let me know if you were able to connect

Thanks
All
sparker327

Activity: 462

Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:50:25 PM

Don't just focus on smartphone users, add the invite functionality into the standard wallet as well or think of a distribution way that does not lock out potential users. My smartphone just broke for example, although that's a non-issue since it will take quite some time until 2.1 million users have been invited (unless I am right with my suspicion about the system being easy to cheat). However there are many potential users without smartphones who can't participate in the airdrop and I'm still not convinced that the system can't be cheated. MAC/IP addresses and emulated hardware can easily be changed, not to mention Google accounts.

50% premine is huge and a fair airdrop everyone can participate in, aswell as being transparent about where how many coins went is crucial. Telling us how many coins were distributed is not enough at all, who can tell us that you don't keep e.g. 20%? A website with premine distributon status should be minimum, don't hide these (far too incomplete) stats in the app. Every other distribution method, even a shitty giveaway per mail address or bitcointalk user would be more transparent, less easy to game and fair to everyone. Tongue

NEW POOL for IRI --- http://pool.hongico.com/ or direct access: http://www.52pool.com: 8080 / getting_started
300 coins?! That's ridiculous, three full blocks... Will you pay out smaller miners with less than 300 coins or do you just keep their coins?  Also why would you hide the payments site and how can/why can't users check how many coins they mined so far? This smells like a scam. Tongue

yes and even though im at 17mh/s im getting no shares shown on the pool at all. Im finding them on my miner.. gonna stop miing this pool
leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:51:12 PM

I am still not sure how this gonna work. Do we need to download two wallets? One for the actual computer and sync it and then the android wallet to invite people? How the system is going to keep a track of the referrals and also what is the reward for referrals? I understand that you are promoting this coin to bring Crypto awarness among people but then what's the real life use of this coin? After we get this coins what's next?Do we just sell them at exchange? What's the future?
revinvested

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:52:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. When you unzip the CPU Miner the Iridium.conf has all the information configured. But here are the details of the iridium.conf File.

rpcuser=user
rpcport=9817
port=9816
daemon=1
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Thanks
All

[/quote]

Yeah already done those steps on my own, wallet was synced everything is working.. but now.. tricky question Cheesy how to setup miner? stuck at this point
sparker327

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:55:50 PM

rpcuser=user
rpcport=9817
port=9816
daemon=1
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Iridiumcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:58:09 PM

rpcuser=user
rpcport=9817
port=9816
daemon=1
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Thanks
All

Yeah already done those steps on my own, wallet was synced everything is working.. but now.. tricky question Cheesy how to setup miner? stuck at this point
[/quote]

Cheesy Great Now Just Open the X11 folder and Double click on the "miner" file inside that folder. Hope this helps.
sparker327

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:59:25 PM

Hello,

rpcuser=
rpcpassword=
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1

rpcuser=user
rpcport=9817
port=9816
daemon=1
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Thanks
All

I wouldnt use the miners he has on the zippy site, full of spyware.. i didnt get false alert, got real alert. I will be using my own miners that dont have viruses or spyware on them but even with conf configured the way you want us to still cant solo mine..
fyi, sgminer is not for nvidia and thats the gpu miner set for download

you need to post your .bat file so we can see how you have your solo mining configured. its not working
eule

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:02:44 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 10:18:04 PM by eule

I wouldnt use the miners he has on the zippy site, full of spyware.. i didnt get false alert, got real alert. I will be using my own miners that dont have viruses or spyware on them but even with conf configured the way you want us to still cant solo mine..
fyi, sgminer is not for nvidia and thats the gpu miner set for download
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/948e0dc582ebf8cacddba34f0b0d6fe3d0218cbfea57b7e913ca05503e4f2d80/detection
27 / 59
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/72ab49ee86a3e1c7b4a603ff3f31629bb0483aded99325aa76815735546e8d19/detection
40 / 61

edit: Fixed links, the previous ones were wrong and only checked a html file from Zippyshare, not the miners themselves. New results show detected threats, which might be false positives. It's indeed not best practice at all to include your own miners, instead link to the miner dev's topics and give proper instructions on how to mine with their miners.
Might be false positives, might be real threats. My avast at least did not give an alert but that means nothing.

Iridiumcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:11:15 PM

Also tried 3 different android phone and all of them force close.

Hello,

We are aware of this small bug and we are working on the fix. The app should be fully working in a few hours.

Thanks
All
sparker327

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:12:30 PM

finally got solo mining working.. however, looks like wont ever be able to find a block to mine. lol

my batch file is as follows:

ccmineralexis78 -a x11 -o http://127.0.0.1:9817 -u "user" -p "password"     <---- no quotes on user and password. Make sure they match whats in your config..

keep wallet open, run your .bat

use your prefered miner that allows x11 algo
shagorbleed

Activity: 364

https://twetch.com/u/42191

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:15:00 PM

anyone give me a mining code plz. Undecided
sparker327

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:18:19 PM

anyone give me a mining code plz. Undecided

mining code?
sparker327

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:20:31 PM

not worth mining the pool. smaller miners get no shares at all and wont make any money
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: