Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CHAN] ChanCoin - Meme-Powered Crypto for Imageboards  (Read 28160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pwrLedge

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:55:16 PM

$1 - extra easy mode;
$10 - easy mode;
$100 - hustle mode.

*HUSTLE MODE ENGAGED*

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bestofbritish96

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:26:24 AM

Dev team update.

"@everyone build 0.15.3 is available - windows binary here:  https://github.com/Chancoin-core/CHANCOIN/releases/edit/v0.15.3-baknaffek

please upgrade as soon as possible. Remember, a smart person backs up their wallet file regularly!
You may still have issues syncing but that once we hit block 25,000 (or 14th Feb.) and the diff adjustment algo kicks in that should be a thing of the past..."
gossamer_socks (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:23:15 AM

Dev team update.

"@everyone build 0.15.3 is available - windows binary here:  https://github.com/Chancoin-core/CHANCOIN/releases/edit/v0.15.3-baknaffek

please upgrade as soon as possible. Remember, a smart person backs up their wallet file regularly!
You may still have issues syncing but that once we hit block 25,000 (or 14th Feb.) and the diff adjustment algo kicks in that should be a thing of the past..."

Thanks for keeping things up-to-date here. The only thing I have to add is that macOS build is forthcoming!

Oh, and block 25k only activates the diff readjustment algo (dual KGW) - not cloverhash. Thats still at 30k or Valentine's Day.

Once we get any remaining bugs squashed and ensure that exchanges will be OK with the update, our focus turns to stratum implementation and GPU miners for cloverhash.

Thanks!
gossamer_socks (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:07:26 PM

We've released yet another update!

Chancoin 0.15.4 squishes a small but troublesome bug and moves the difficulty readjustment activation threshold down to block 23,500.

Please upgrade as soon as possible to ensure compatibility when the diff adjustment occurs.

https://github.com/Chancoin-core/CHANCOIN/releases/tag/v0.15.4-knucklebuster

Thanks,
Gossamer
bestofbritish96

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:57:07 PM

An OS X build of the latest wallet has been released today for download from the above repo.
gossamer_socks (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:48:29 AM

Cryptopia has completed the 0.15.4 upgrade! Phew! Thats always the most stressful bit for me. I'm following up with Tradesatoshi. Remember, don't use novaexchange, they're closing anyhow so no need to update them, and we warned everyone to get their coins out ages ago.

Now is _definitely_ the time to upgrade to 0.15.4 if you're still running an older version. At block 23500 we should see difficulty adjustment start to function normally...finally.
pwrLedge

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:39:34 PM

More updates incoming!  Wink
cusslerfan

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:55:35 PM

Is there a problem with the chain/network/whatever?  The explorer isn't working and my wallet has been stuck at "Syncing Headers (99.5%)" for the past ~10 hours.

Or am I missing something?
bestofbritish96

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:24:50 PM

Is there a problem with the chain/network/whatever?  The explorer isn't working and my wallet has been stuck at "Syncing Headers (99.5%)" for the past ~10 hours.

The chain is just very slow, make sure you are using latest wallet version. Mine takes hours to sync.

This problem will be fixed 2nd week in February as detailed above.
Blockmunch

Activity: 728
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 07:21:19 PM

Any working addnodes?  Our wallet can't seem to connect.

Thanks in advance.

BlockMasters.co - Auto-Exchange Multi Pool! | Pool Discord: https://discord.gg/RNnVAB4 | Pool bitcointalk forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2362982.0 | Pool twitter: https://twitter.com/BlockMunchClub
cusslerfan

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:01:38 PM

The chain is just very slow, make sure you are using latest wallet version. Mine takes hours to sync.

This problem will be fixed 2nd week in February as detailed above.

I had it connected and running all day yesterday.  Does it just update once every 24 hours or so?  I have plenty of connections, but no updates during the day.  The explorer doesn't even update.  But, upon checking it in the morning it shows new blocks.
AlgaeaFrampton

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:03:33 AM

UPDATES FROM CHANCOIN CITY:  THE FAN/COMMUNITY DISCORD HAS BREACHED THE 2000+ MEMBER MARK.  DOGECOIN SERVER HAS 4200 SO WE'RE HALFWAY THERE.  WE STARTED THIS MANIACAL CITY 4 WEEKS AGO SO IF WE KEEP IT UP IT WON'T BE A PROBLEM.  GHOST AND BEEF HAS SOME SURPRISES IN STORE FOR THE DISCORD AS WELL WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM THEIR FRIENDS.  WE'VE ALL UPDATED TO 0.154 AND IT WORKS LIKE A DAMN SPANKIN CHARM(UPS TO GOSS AND CREW FOR CRANKIN IT OUT).  THE 10K CHANCOIN CONTEST IS STILL RUNNING AND ALL ARE WELCOME, WE'LL BE RUNNIN IT UNTIL CLOVERHASH ACTIVATES AND WE ALL CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT. ALL IN ALL GREAT PROGRESS AND THE MEMES ARE FLOWIN HARD IN HERE AS WELL.  IF YOU NEED MEMES HAVE THEM ALL IN THE 2 DEPOSITORIES+ OFFICIAL COIN PNGs AND VARIOUS GIF MEMES.  BEEF HAS FOUND SOME TECHNIQUE TO MAKING A SHIT TON OF GIF MEMES WITH CHANCOIN WATERMARKS SO THERE'LL BE ALOT COMIN OF THAT FOR PROMO STUFF AS WELL.  IF YOU'RE NOT IN CHANCOIN..................DUNNO WHAT CRAZY PILLS YOU'RE ON.  CHANCOIN TO THE GANYMEDE MOON!

- CHANCOIN CITY - $CHANシティ
gossamer_socks (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:26:43 AM

Are you running 0.15.4 ? If so, this issue should be alleviated when a block is found. The issue as I understand it is that since a block hasn't been found recently enough, the client thinks that there are missing headers when in reality the latest block is just 'behind schedule'. If not, upgrade and let us know whether this helps.

Any working addnodes?  Our wallet can't seem to connect.

Thanks in advance.

Try these:

edgar.chancoin.moe
coinminers.net
chancoin.info
name.chancoin.moe
gossamer.chancoin.moe

Let us know whether any of those work for you!
cusslerfan

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:05:24 AM

Are you running 0.15.4 ? If so, this issue should be alleviated when a block is found. The issue as I understand it is that since a block hasn't been found recently enough, the client thinks that there are missing headers when in reality the latest block is just 'behind schedule'. If not, upgrade and let us know whether this helps.

Yep.  0.15.4 is the only one I could find easily--it was right on the website. 

The thing is, though, yesterday morning I woke up with the explorer at 23205 and went to bed with it at the same position.  This morning, I woke up to it at 23330.  There are plenty of blocks with timestamps all through the day between the timestamps of block 23205 and 23330.  In fact, the time between block 23205 and 23206 is ~4 hours but I didn't see that until this morning.  The explorer has been stuck at 23330 all day today as well.
gossamer_socks (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:42:26 PM

The thing is, though, yesterday morning I woke up with the explorer at 23205 and went to bed with it at the same position.  This morning, I woke up to it at 23330.  There are plenty of blocks with timestamps all through the day between the timestamps of block 23205 and 23330.  In fact, the time between block 23205 and 23206 is ~4 hours but I didn't see that until this morning.  The explorer has been stuck at 23330 all day today as well.

Undecided Hrm - well, deleting your blockchain database and re-syncing _might_ solve the issue, but let me bring this to the attention of the wallet devs to make sure I don't put my foot in my mouth here.

Thanks for your patience.
AlgaeaFrampton

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:54:54 PM

UPDATES $CHANシティ - A PSEUDO TEMPORARY CHANCOIN SUBREDDIT HAS BEEN STARTED.  WWW.REDDIT.COM/R/CHANCOINCITY IS UP.  THIS IS TO GET STARTED ON THE COIN ACTUALLY BEING AWARE IN REDDIT AND THAT WE EXIST.  THIS IS JUST FOR "IS THE COIN PROJECT LEGITIMATE" REASONS.  DISCORD IS FAIRLY NEW TERRITORY FOR CRYPTO TO BE HONEST AND INVESTMENT POWER COMES FROM REDDIT..............UNFORTUNATELY.  I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO POST WHATEVER PRESS OR NEWS WE HAVE OR DEVELOPMENTS UPDATES TO POPULATE THIS THING.  WE'D AT LEAST LIKE TO HAVE A PAGE OF POST MATERIAL TO GET IT GOING.  THANKS TO GAMMA FOR PROVIDING A REDDIT ACCOUNT THAT IS MORE THAN A YEAR OLD SINCE APPARENTLY NO ONE HAS ONE HAHHA.  ANYHOW, IT'S UP...........IF YOU FEEL LIKE POSTING GO FOR IT.  I'LL BE PUTTING UP AS MUCH AS I KNOW WE HAVE PRESENCE WISE AND BOTH DISCORDS ASSISTANCE WOULD BE BENEFICIAL. 

Blockmunch

Activity: 728
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 05:16:40 PM

BlockMunch.CLUB has added ChanCoin to it's Multi-Pool!  Only 0.25% Fee's!
We are now a Multi-Pool!  We mine the most profitable coin always, and maximize your return!
Choose your payout style.  We pay out in this coin, BTC, LTC, and any coin we currently have listed on the pool!

You can also use your ASIC's in our SHA256, X11, & Scrypt ports and get paid in this coin or BTC!  Just change the algo and the port number in the example belows!

Example Config is Below for ChanCoin Pay:
Code:
-a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://blockmunch.club:3433 -u CJZuPGGA7N9pqN1ieTB5sqUhu5s9fr3rr6 -p c=CHAN 

Example Config Below for BTC Pay
Code:
-a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://blockmunch.club:3433 -u 1JFx3fE462vMsTeYkNK5yvdWeg2wpmxvBD -p c=BTC 

Example Config Below for LTC Pay
Code:
-a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://blockmunch.club:3433 -u LRgQk63NRnJQ8PBTU8yyHAm5aGfNjzhMZu -p c=LTC 
Block Explorer Link:
Code:
blockmunch.club/explorer/CHAN

Peer List:
Code:
blockmunch.club/explorer/peers?id=2161

Welcome to the Block Munch Club!

BlockMasters.co - Auto-Exchange Multi Pool! | Pool Discord: https://discord.gg/RNnVAB4 | Pool bitcointalk forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2362982.0 | Pool twitter: https://twitter.com/BlockMunchClub
cusslerfan

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:55:42 PM

Undecided Hrm - well, deleting your blockchain database and re-syncing _might_ solve the issue, but let me bring this to the attention of the wallet devs to make sure I don't put my foot in my mouth here.

Thanks for your patience.

I'm not so much concerned about my desktop wallet (it'll sync when it syncs).  But when the actual explorer website is stuck on the same block (like right now it's been stuck at 23330 for well over 24 hours) I get a little concerned.
AlgaeaFrampton

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:47:53 AM

@CUSSLERFAN, I JUST CHECKED MY WALLET AND IT WAS STUCK.  NOW IT'S NOT, I'M AT BLOCK 23333.
pwrLedge

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:05:50 PM

What exchanges could Chancoin be listed on next?  Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: