Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:21:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CHAN] ChanCoin - Meme-Powered Crypto for Imageboards  (Read 28160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bestofbritish96

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:10:43 PM

We are currently at block 23,429. At block 23,500 the difficulty change kicks-in and the Chancoin block-chain should, in theory, go back to normal operation which means that wallet sync., transfers and mining normalise.

71 blocks to go people !

With only a couple of blocks a day covered, 71 blocks will feel like an eternity.  Someone had an L3 (or something like it) running the other day and difficulty shot up from ~1k to 6k with only a few blocks mined over the course of 4 days. 

Still pluggin' along here, though!

have another look at it. it looks like we are at block 23,647 with Diff at approx 4k.
AlgaeaFrampton

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:51:00 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 07:06:29 PM by AlgaeaFrampton

When will you create a Facebook page? As other coins do, for example, LuckyToken.
I want to share the information about ChanCoin with my friends on FB but I can't..
WE'LL GET ON THAT, ALEXANDROFF THANKS.

EDIT: I JUST SET IT UP.  SHOULD BE facebook.com/groups/Chancoin
pwrLedge

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:44:00 PM

The ChancoinCity Discord server - https://discord.gg/QGpBj4s
AlgaeaFrampton

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:18:21 PM

A NEW WRITE UP FOR CHANCOIN AND IT'S CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS.  ALSO OF IT'S ACCIDENTAL DISCOVERIES AND USE CASES. WRITTEN BY GROUNBEEFTAXI, PLEASE GIVE A CLAP OR TWO TO THE MEDIUM ARTICLE..........IT'S GETTING ALOT OF CLAPS AND IT ONLY HELPS WITH VISIBILITY. THANK YOU.

https://medium.com/@GrounBEEFtaxi/4chan-communities-have-birthed-a-new-economy-enter-cryptocurrency-chancoin-886cb78df57e
pwrLedge

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:40:19 PM

A NEW WRITE UP FOR CHANCOIN AND IT'S CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS.  ALSO OF IT'S ACCIDENTAL DISCOVERIES AND USE CASES. WRITTEN BY GROUNBEEFTAXI, PLEASE GIVE A CLAP OR TWO TO THE MEDIUM ARTICLE..........IT'S GETTING ALOT OF CLAPS AND IT ONLY HELPS WITH VISIBILITY. THANK YOU.

https://medium.com/@GrounBEEFtaxi/4chan-communities-have-birthed-a-new-economy-enter-cryptocurrency-chancoin-886cb78df57e

50 CLAPS IS THE MINIMUM BRUDDA
pwrLedge

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:57:47 PM

""($Chan Business Interests)

$Chan is a great crypto for corporate usage, since it is entirely tangible because of it's identical Cryptographic Security to Bitcoin , I have personally seen the effects on business owners using $Chan as their main source of holdings and so far it looks great.

While using $Chan as their main source, business owners can ensure that they have strength through similarities to Bitcoin , As $Chan allows for consumer motivation for businesses using Bitcoins, business owners have been scrambling to upgrade from other alt currencies to $Chan to allow for growth. As an example I will use my friends Alamin and Priyos' business, CC-Escrow service.

For Alamin and Priyo, $Chan is a no brainer for their businesses and other exchanging and escrow payment service owners since it has a stable price on Cryptopia and a strong development team. Furthermore $Chan will have a sidekick coming soon as there will be an upgrade to 'Cloverhash' and beyond. The fork to Cloverhash will offer a secondary option to $Chan holdings which will undoubtedly create a much deeper level to exchange and escrow type client services.

This part of the article concludes that while using $Chan to strengthen their business interests, it is also a strong ally of Bitcoin due to the stability of price and will do great things in the future for consumers and businesses alike in this new and growing niche in business creation known as $Chancoin.

($Chan Development)

In a brief but very detailed interview I spoke with the $Chancoin Project Leader working on $Chan development, it was said that there are many projects in the works. That being said I will give some examples of what is being planned for the near future and what is being planned for long term goals.

In the nearest future a change to 0.15 will succeed in upgrading and once again $Chancoin will take the front seat, however after the upgrade and Cloverhash creation the Project Leader stated that after the upgrade, eyes will be glued on difficulty to ensure a second update isn't needed to allow for everything to run smoothly. After the upgrade, it was also mentioned that there would potentially be some more projects in the distant future that include colored-coin which allows for collectibles based on the $Chan upgrades.

But that isn't all, I was also informed by the Project Lead that a new web and roadmap redesign including a Chancoin.org account system and developer API upgrade is also in the works.

The conclusion here in the developmental section is one that keeps my heart light, as I hear so many good things coming to $Chancoin and for Cloverhash upgrade in 2018, and I certainly look forward to hearing more from the $Chan development team.

The $Chancoin development team members include, Gossamer Socks, Name 1856, Barry and Metagame. All can be reached here in this Discord channel (https://discord.gg/QZkfdsU) for more technical information.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(Current $Chan Community Events)

Some of the current $Chancoin community events include contests, meme and music events. The mega event I have been watching is the 10,000 $Chan meme contest which can be found here at $Chancoincity Discord channel (https://discord.gg/D96wdjE). Other events include Vaporware and meme parties and I have even seen tips given to active users on a regular basis.

My professional consensus as far as $Chancoin is concerned is that the future of $Chan has a long way to go yet, however it is snowballing and growing bigger every day. I strongly believe that the every day use of $Chancoin can and will boost the productivity of worldwide businesses and services for many years to come.

What is $Chancoin? Links-

-(Where to buy) https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/ ($Chan);;

by Josh Peterson

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/chancoin-business-development-events-josh-peterson/
Varnix

Activity: 64

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 11:02:27 PM

I remember the fun times on discord when they were looking for devs. They had their little interviews for software engineers.
Keep up the good work.
AryaStark991

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:07:54 PM

This most be a true shitcoin? Not official 4chan ?

But still bought a little chunk, for the lols.
pwrLedge

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:38:09 AM

Check out the Twitter - https://twitter.com/chancoindev
noeqa

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:45:18 AM

so when this coin get listed?
Maybe after the coin circulating supply incrase
AlgaeaFrampton

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:23:15 PM

CHANCOIN CITY NEWS:

ESPRIT 空想, A VERY WELL KNOWN VAPORWAVE MUSICIAN HAS VENTURED INTO CHANCOIN CITY.  ABOUT 4 DAYS AGO HE WAS TIPPED IN CHANCOIN AND HE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN COIN.  AS PER MENTIONED IN THE RECENT MEDIUM ARTICLE WRITTEN BY BEEF THERE IS AN INTERESTING SYMBIOTIC CONNECTION BETWEEN VAPORWAVE AND CHANCOIN COMMUNITIES.  BEEF, WHO IS ALSO A VAPORWAVE ARTIST IN HIS OWN RIGHT KEEPS HARPING ON THIS BUT I THINK IT IS SOMETHING WORTH LOOKING INTO.  SINCE BOTH COMMUNITIES ARE VERY TECH SAVVY AND HAS A SENSE OF AESTHETIC VALUE IT SEEMS IT ACTUALLY MIGHT BE A GREAT UNION OF SORTS.  ANYHOW, ESPRIT WAS LEARNING TO CHANCOIN AND THAT IS AWESOME.  PRIMARILY BECAUSE IN THE FUTURE MAYBE PERHAPS MORE VAPORWAVE/RETROSYNTHWAVE MUSICIANS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN EARNING CRYPTO MIGHT VEER INTO CHANCOIN WORLD AS WELL.  GREAT NEWS! GO CHANCOIN GO!

HERE IS SOME OF ESPRIT 空想'S MATERIAL IF YOU ARE UNAWARE OF VAPORWAVE AS A GENRE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A95IHaUN7qw

DISCORD.ME/CHANCOINCITY
AlgaeaFrampton

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:47:03 PM

CHANCOIN CITY UPDATE:  WWW.CHANCRASH.COM IS LIVE.  THE GAME IS SURPRISINGLY ADDICTIVE AND A NICE LITTLE CHANCOIN WAGER GAME.  CHANCOIN CITY IS OVER 2,500 IN POPULATION NOW AND CONTINUES TO GROW.  WE ARE ALSO GETTING CLOSE TO BLOCK 25K AND ONWARDS TO THE FINISH OF THE CHANCOIN CITY CONTEST WHEN WE HIT 30K BLOCKS.  CHANCRASH IS A NICE EDITION TO THE GROWING EXPANSION OF THE CHANCOIN COMMUNITY AND ALSO A NICE WAY TO BLOW OFF SOME STEAM FOR CRYPTO TRADERS AS WELL.  GO CHANCOIN GO!

pwrLedge

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:39:43 PM

NEW ALGO CLOVERHASH IN 2 DAYS
WILL ALLOW CPU MINING
NETWORK WILL SPEED UP  Wink
AlgaeaFrampton

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:50:52 PM

UPDATE FROM CHANCOIN CITY:  THANKS TO SLEEPSAN'S ARTISTIC PROWESS WE HAVE A NEW MASCOT.  THIS GIRL LITERALLY WILL MAKE CHANCOIN THE BEST LOOKING COIN IN CRYPTO AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A NAME YET.  WE ARE DOIN A 500 CHANCOIN PRIZE CONTEST FOR ANYONE WHO CAN NAME HER.  WE ARE DOING THE CONTEST ON 4CHAN'S /BIZ THREAD AS WELL TO SEE IF WE CAN FIND THE RIGHT NAME.  I WOULD PREFER THE NAME TO BE BIRTHED VIA A 4CHAN THREAD HOWEVER, IF ONE POPS UP IN HERE AND TAKES THE CAKE THEN HAVING HER CHRISTENED ON A BTCTALK THREAD WOULD ALSO FIT THE AESTHETIC.   GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.  SLEEPSAN IS STILL WORKING ON THE FINAL DRAFT OF THE CHARACTER BUT IT'S A VOLUPTUOUS GIRL IN GREEN WITH WHITE MOON HAIR.  TAKE A CRACK AT IT AND IF WE LIKE IT WE'LL GIVE YA THE 500 CHANS.  GO CHANCOIN GO!!!!

DISCORD.ME/CHANCOINCITY FAN DISCORD
bestofbritish96

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:40:05 PM

Cloverhash fork happens tomorrow - Valentines day, 14th Feb. Good luck Chancoin team.

CPU mining only for a while Smiley
gossamer_socks (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:24:56 PM

-=ANNOUNCEMENT=-

So in a few hours (at Midnight on February 14th, UTC) Chancoin will switch to its new PoW algorithm, Cloverhash!

At present we have a cpuminer fork with cloverhash (aka nightcap) implemented available at https://github.com/chancoin-core/cpuminer-multi - branch 'linux'

At present, compiling for windows is left as an exercise to the reader - a windows binary is forthcoming, as is a stratum implementation and a GPU miner. Oh, and a whitepaper.

I know, I know, blah blah blah - the author of the algo, Name - yes his name is Name - is very busy right now and our policy is that our devs well-being comes first, so deal with it.

Anyhow, some instructions for how to solo mine chancoin with cloverhash follow:

How to mine Chancoin with cpuminer

Download cpuminer here: https://github.com/chancoin-core/cpuminer-multi (go to releases for prebuilt binary or build branch 'linux')
Download latest Chancoin wallet here:  https://github.com/chancoin-core/chancoin (again, go to releases)
Create an empty configuration file at ~/.chancoin/chancoin.conf
Edit the configuration file, here’s the template, fill accordingly:

rpcuser=yourusername
rpcpassword=yourpassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1
addnode=fnord
addnode=blah
addnode=whatever
addnode=twinklehouse

Add as many nodes as you can, change user and password, save. See thread for nodes.

From bash, enter "./cpuminer -a cloverhash -o http://127.0.0.1:RPCPORT -O RPCUSER:RPCPASSWORD"

OK - lets see how this goes. If anyone has questions pop them in here or in our _actual_ discord at https://discord.me/chancoin

We'll do our best to address any issues as they arise.

<3 Gossamer & Chancoin Team
Jabo_ChanCoin

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:10:41 PM

You can run the cpuminer-multi fork in Windows within the Windows Subsystem for Linux. If you have an Ubuntu WSL then follow the instructions here to install the dependencies https://github.com/chancoin-core/cpuminer-multi#build then clone the repository and build.
gossamer_socks (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:43:09 AM

Cross-posting an announcement re: the new algo from our discord:

Okie-dokie - since its getting late here, here's the game plan -
Name and Barry will continue to troubleshoot to see whether a consensus on a cause/fix can be reached - at the latest, tomorrow evening US time (tomorrow morning BarryTime) we will make a decision to either apply a fix to cloverhash OR to do evasive maneuvers and patch in another algorithm
I would estimate about two weeks to get a wallet update out on cryptopia, so that plus development time (which should be relatively short for patching in a known working algo) would be plausible given the parameters of our chain presently.

I will announce further updates here (in announcements) and on bitcointalk as the situation changes
thanks as always for your patience, understanding and help in overcoming technical difficulties :heart:

Thanks,
Gossamer
ahsanif

Activity: 132

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:58:28 AM

so when this coin get listed?
Maybe after the coin circulating supply incrase
must be patient for waiting list of this coin, hope all goes well and as planned on the roadmap
although getting constraints can at least be solved quickly, so bounty participants and investors aren't disappointed

███ TWITTER █████████████████ Udego Finance ████████████████████ WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN ██████ Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC █████ FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM █████████████████ AMM ███████████████████ MEDIUM ███
gossamer_socks (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:21:53 AM

An update regarding the algo switch to Cloverhash -

Thanks to multipools mining Chancoin before the algo switch, the difficulty at midnight UTC on the 14th was above 3k - meaning it'll take a pretty significant amount of CPU power to find the first Cloverhash block. We're working on an sgminer implementation and several devs have come forward and offered to assist - there is currently a 7500 CHAN bounty on a complete GPU miner implementation of Clovehash, open-sourced on our github org. Should multiple people work together to make one (which looks likely) we'll do our best to make sure rewards are distributed equitably among those who contributed - but I can't promise 7.5k CHAN to an unknown number of people :^^^^)

Anyhow, we're currently trying to crack the first block - there may be some issues with the current cpuminer implementation as well - I'll let Name 1856 - who is our head wallet developer - go into details as his time allows.

Meanwhile, please jump onto our official discord (listed in the first post of this thread) if you would like to assist or would like more info.

As always, thanks for all the support of our project as well as your patience. Thanks also for overlooking the brevity of this update. Questions are welcome.

Gossamer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: