Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:18:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Vircurex: Which of these coins would you like to see onVircurex  (Voting closed: May 31, 2013, 05:38:02 PM)
WDC - 202 (24.6%)
GLD - 79 (9.6%)
BTE - 14 (1.7%)
BTB - 21 (2.6%)
RYC - 5 (0.6%)
LKY - 56 (6.8%)
YKC - 8 (1%)
FC2 - 8 (1%)
DGC - 199 (24.2%)
None of them are of relevancy - 165 (20.1%)
PXC - 64 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 821

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vircurex: Which of these coins would you like to see on Vircurex  (Read 13339 times)
nerdcustoms

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:28:45 PM

World Coin to the moon! How long will this poll be taking votes?

*Image Removed*
Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=202142

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:02:16 PM

DGC is definately the fairest launch. No premine, limited number of coins and a good starting price.

Should be on Vircurex!
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 01:22:25 PM

My mirror on the wall says bytecoin is the fairest of them all.

Random Bit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

So many coins so little hash power

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:51:03 PM

Virtual coins have no intrinsic value.  Value is based solely off robustness of the code and owner confidence in the coin.  Given a fair launch with good metrics and a large enough community any coin could rise to the top.  If confidence is high individuals will buy and hold coins for future value, if not they are dumped on the market and the coin dies. 

Of the current crop of coins my bet is on DGC and WDC largely due to community and developer support. 
nerdcustoms

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:16:54 PM

Virtual coins have no intrinsic value.  Value is based solely off robustness of the code and owner confidence in the coin.  Given a fair launch with good metrics and a large enough community any coin could rise to the top.  If confidence is high individuals will buy and hold coins for future value, if not they are dumped on the market and the coin dies. 

Of the current crop of coins my bet is on DGC and WDC largely due to community and developer support. 

This

*Image Removed*
Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=202142
hyoshi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:52:33 PM

Nibble!
billionaire

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:48:15 AM

Even if this poll does not result in a new coin on Vircurex, it proved that at least 5 people in the world are holding RoyalCoins.
infoporter

Activity: 124

Hardhat Required in This Area

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 06:02:41 AM

D. None of the above.

I cannot help but notice that since all of these new altcoins started surfacing, the one truly successful alternative cryptocurrency to survive next to Bitcoin for a long period of time, Litecoin, has lost around 1/4 of it's value at this point, and it continues to drop. There are still no vast array of services for Litecoin, which has been around for years already. None of the new coins have any better services or merchants accepting them...

What makes you think creating a new coin to cloud the water is going to speed up this adoption process by merchants who are already confused? What do you think the release of each of the new altcoin does to Litecoin, and each of the other altcoins? It surely doesn't seem to be raising their value or helping resolve the confusion. Without innovations, services, and most importantly merchants accepting these alternative currencies, they are nothing but pump and dump schemes to manipulate difficulty levels of other altcoins.

Let's focus on creating quality services and getting merchants to accept the coins that are already out there, instead of trying to make a quick buck off of a low difficulty freshly cloned altcoin of the day. Exchanges not accepting new coins without some sort of new, useful features is a great step in the right direction to saving the day.

Vircurvault - The Heavy Duty Virtual Currency Paper Wallet (It floats!)
Coin Foreman | Virtual Currency Exchange | Reliable VPS Hosting | Domain Names for BTC
jasonslow

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:31:01 AM

D. None of the above.

I cannot help but notice that since all of these new altcoins started surfacing, the one truly successful alternative cryptocurrency to survive next to Bitcoin for a long period of time, Litecoin, has lost around 1/4 of it's value at this point, and it continues to drop. There are still no vast array of services for Litecoin, which has been around for years already. None of the new coins have any better services or merchants accepting them...

What makes you think creating a new coin to cloud the water is going to speed up this adoption process by merchants who are already confused? What do you think the release of each of the new altcoin does to Litecoin, and each of the other altcoins? It surely doesn't seem to be raising their value or helping resolve the confusion. Without innovations, services, and most importantly merchants accepting these alternative currencies, they are nothing but pump and dump schemes to manipulate difficulty levels of other altcoins.

Let's focus on creating quality services and getting merchants to accept the coins that are already out there, instead of trying to make a quick buck off of a low difficulty freshly cloned altcoin of the day. Exchanges not accepting new coins without some sort of new, useful features is a great step in the right direction to saving the day.

+1, We are working on this.
clint25n

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:17:17 AM

It will only become more difficult for most future coins to survive or make it to an exchange.
The standards will become higher across the board.
BazkieBumpercar

Activity: 415

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:12:29 PM

D. None of the above.

because LTC was too slow to make too much of a difference in comparison to BTC. Sure, it was faster, but not fast enough to fix the 'slowness problem' like WDC and DGC do.
moreporknz

Activity: 212

Ok, Who's hungry?

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:38:10 PM

LTC will make a comeback....  MTGOX can't be too far behind getting it on the highest volume exchange by a long shot..

3 - 2 - 1 @ 220, the only way to go!
clint25n

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:06:38 AM

Mtgox will be watching what happens in the altcoin wars. I think they are waiting for the dust to settle on certain things going on right now.
Mr.V

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:54:15 AM

In the United States neither paper currency nor deposits in bank have value as commodities. (Modern Money Mechanics) Federal Reserve publication...We don't need a lecture on what has intrinsic value, even the dollar is worth shit and only has value because we accept it.

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
ZeRo103

Activity: 154

Hack The Planet

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:24:27 PM

I'm already buying and selling on DGC marketplace ->http://dgcmarket.com/

Go go go

No man is wise enough, nor good enough to be trusted with unlimited power
Digitalcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209508.0
DGC Marketplace: dgcmarket.com
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:53:20 PM

It's already been done, DGC.  More to follow...

-tb-

jbmiller10

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:28:30 PM

It's already been done, DGC.  More to follow...

-tb-

Indeed, but to be frank, we're somewhat limited by the inability for merchants to easily convert to/from fiat into DGC. Vircurex adding DGC would really open the floodgates to new development for this coin still in its infancy.

DGC is not another "pump and dump" coin. It pioneered the concept of a truly fair start, and had no pre-mine whatsoever. No bounties were paid to exchanges to bribe them into supporting it, something typical of your everyday "pump and dump" altcoins. All development bounties (such as the one for the DGC paper wallet) have been funded solely by donations from the community.

Oh, and let's not forget the DGC for advertising platform that bartitus is launching later this week!

I go by threestar most places.
Join us in the Digitalcoin Chatroom!
cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:09:13 PM

Too late to vote but my vote goes to DGC.

Thanks to great dev and the support team.
Ares

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:41:14 AM

I would say it's close between Digitalcoin and worldcoin, but after a fair amount of research on the two, I think DGC has a pretty significant edge for various reasons.

For example, just came across this: http://dgcmarket.com/index.php?

If nothing else, it shows a lot of commitment from the DGC community
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:28:21 AM

I would say it's close between Digitalcoin and worldcoin, but after a fair amount of research on the two, I think DGC has a pretty significant edge for various reasons.

For example, just came across this: http://dgcmarket.com/index.php?

If nothing else, it shows a lot of commitment from the DGC community

Someone's used and broken trash thrown up on a website?

Sweet... I'm gonna go thru my trash and my kids toybox instead of filling my dumpster ill hock it for dgc

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████