Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:50:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to start trading alt coins? Beginner Tips!  (Read 8722 times)
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:52:35 AM

Nice tip and to add to what you have said I think to succeed in trading one needs to develop his skills to buy low and sell high and candlesticks formation. We are living at the age when information is almost free online and one needs to read several times and materials before venturing into altcoins trading.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VTS (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Licensing & Monetizing Digital Content!

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:03:30 AM

Nice tip and to add to what you have said I think to succeed in trading one needs to develop his skills to buy low and sell high and candlesticks formation. We are living at the age when information is almost free online and one needs to read several times and materials before venturing into altcoins trading.

Thank you for your post!

Yes, buy low / sell high is the trading basic. Inform yourself and chose your long term investment coins wisely. You need to really educate yourself about the projects. Many traders buy low and sell high on daily base, what can possible generate daily profit but keeps risk as so many whales around and you never know when the dump or pump starts or ends! Anyways I personally do not join dump and pump periods, as I lost enough money in past during the high risk and the greed that is taking part of you. I believe mid and long term investments is the best for beginners!

Kr-sama

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:05:00 AM

Nice list of tips. Very informative. I am also planning to do some trading, and this is what I'm looking for in order to start. Kudos to OP. Wink
VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:14:53 AM

Nice list of tips. Very informative. I am also planning to do some trading, and this is what I'm looking for in order to start. Kudos to OP. Wink

Glad this thread helps you! Good luck with your trades! Wink

Kinohimitsu

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:17:41 AM

Thank you for the tips, and especially thank you for mentioning about Bittrex. I already opened an account there some time ago but never deposited. I am glad I did a bit more research here before going ahead to deposit now I am ready to trade. Strange that it doesn't say anything on my account there, though.
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:19:21 AM

2 things not to do are - 1- Please stay away from the shills at twitter. Almost 95% of the so called OG's are there to dump their own bags on you. 2. Do not join any of the paid groups. Most of the information that is required to be successful in crypto is available for free, please do not pay half or even 1 btc to do that.

VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:55:08 AM

2 things not to do are - 1- Please stay away from the shills at twitter. Almost 95% of the so called OG's are there to dump their own bags on you. 2. Do not join any of the paid groups. Most of the information that is required to be successful in crypto is available for free, please do not pay half or even 1 btc to do that.

Agree there is no need to pay for information!

VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:27:36 PM

Thank you for the tips, and especially thank you for mentioning about Bittrex. I already opened an account there some time ago but never deposited. I am glad I did a bit more research here before going ahead to deposit now I am ready to trade. Strange that it doesn't say anything on my account there, though.

Go on Bittrex help and search for withdraw limits... I find it very poor communicated form Bittrex about their withdraw limits... That´s why I do not recommend them anymore... Yet they have a good UI and high trust...

Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 04:38:44 PM

As i am a newbie will advice or share my experience that you should avoid dumping of coins and do not join paid groups. Do not instantly sell your coins that will lead you to get some loss if you are doing this without any expert advice. You should first take a proper advice from experienced one and they you can go furture; This will help you to gain profit in future.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:12:01 PM

As i am a newbie will advice or share my experience that you should avoid dumping of coins and do not join paid groups. Do not instantly sell your coins that will lead you to get some loss if you are doing this without any expert advice. You should first take a proper advice from experienced one and they you can go furture; This will help you to gain profit in future.

Yes well, but who are the experts you can really trust? I still believe you need to do the job yourself, relying on other people opinion contains risk. You need to educate yourself and research and yes of course you can ask "experts" about how the mechanics in trading are functioning, but do not ask, in which coin to invest...IMHO

VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:31:24 PM

Glad it is useful to you! I hope that I can collect more tips and provide them to beginners! Open and free education is what crypto needs!

Forward_Thinking

Activity: 155
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:07:35 PM

This is a really good list of tips. You should create a website for information like this so the real beginners can find it. BitcoinTalk is not really a place most beginners know about.
VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:17:31 PM

This is a really good list of tips. You should create a website for information like this so the real beginners can find it. BitcoinTalk is not really a place most beginners know about.

Wink Grin Thx m8! They will search in google and might find this thread.... other I wont have time to make a website for that Sad

VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:31:56 PM

I wonder if there is somewhere a list including all available trading portals?

VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:35:49 AM

I made a new thread to create a list of (hopeful ALL) trading portals & exchanges: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2235463

bitterguy28

Activity: 1988
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 06:57:45 AM

Trading beginner tips!

( Brought to you by Licensium & Trusted Nodes team members https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2129844.0)

1. Regularly read Bitcointalk forum
2. Check coinmarketcap.com for current real coin values
3. Check coinmarketcap.com history of coin you are interested in
4. Check the ANN thread of the coin on Bitcointalk
5. Many coins have their own blogs/ forums you need to follow to be up to date
6. At start choose coins that are already established and stable
7. Make yourself a portfolio of 3 - 5 coins for start
8. Do not jump in ongoing coin pumps, you never know when it will dump.
9. Make yourself a strategy for coins you will long term invest and maybe 2 gamble coins that are more risky but offer higher profit.
10. I recommend starting with Bittrex I cannot recommend Bittrex anymore because they need to verify your IDENTITY in order to let you withdraw BTC and alt coins.
11. Do not instantly sell your coins if they dumb instantly for no obvious reason ( research why)
12. At the beginning its better to aim for small profits like 5% - 10% +
13. Always keep some BTC to react when needed (buy)
14. Start slowly, take your time. 2 month in research and observation is recommended.
15. Always reinvest a share of your profit in your favorite coins and use a share of profit to gamble
16. Do not jump instant in new coins with big investment. If it looks promising to you start low and follow the progress.
17. If you advance and make good experience you could start to invest in icos, but watch out lots of scam around.
18. Pull out some % in USD from your profit from time to time.
19. Control your emotions when the prices is going up or down.

* Additional Tips from community members:

20. Never be emotional in your trading. Be objective! (thx to @Investor for the tip)
21. I also advice that when you already developed a good trading strategy, you stick into it and keep your discipline  (thx to bamboylee for this tip)

Good luck!

Would appreciate to add more tips to the list to give some valued info to beginners!

APPLY FOR OUR BOUNTIES: https://goo.gl/forms/2RUJKdzx9qbWi6Kj1
INFO ON BOUNTIES: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2224387
ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2129844.0

thank you very much for sharing this information and guidilines i have get good idea's and tips how to handle for the investment in trading because i have a plan to invest in trading but until learn how to invest in trading in the proper way to avoid more risk.

babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:01:49 AM

How to trade? Just get right into to! Your experience will be more valuable than any technical analysis in the long run. That is not to say that you should not learn technicalities of trade!  If the fundamentals of any coin is good, you csn short ir long! Just trade. Cavert! Trade with what you can afford to lose!
VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:39:54 AM

How to trade? Just get right into to! Your experience will be more valuable than any technical analysis in the long run. That is not to say that you should not learn technicalities of trade!  If the fundamentals of any coin is good, you csn short ir long! Just trade. Cavert! Trade with what you can afford to lose!

Nice input thx, BUT just invest small to gain experience! And education and experience are key to success!

VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:28:03 AM

Thanks for the advices, man! They are very helpful.  Wink

You are very welcome! I hope you can make some money form trading in future!

gulshan1

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 10:31:14 AM

There are some rules for altccoin trading which are given below.
1 Make a habit to read the bitcoin talk thread daily.
2 Always buy top 50 coin for trade.
3 Book always small profit for making big portfolio.
4 Signup on bittrex and poloniex for altcoin trading.
5 In starting, only see the trend and undr stand them. it will teach you where have to buy and sell.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: