Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free electricity: What to mine? Hardware recommendations?  (Read 404 times)
blucg (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:03:03 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 11:55:13 AM by blucg

Hi all,

I am in the situation that I have free electricity because it's included in my monthly rent and wanted to know if it's worth to get into mining at this point? Of course I can't set up 10 Antminers, but I checked and as long as it's not exorbitant, it's okay to use the power.

I started to mine Monero on my gaming pc just because I am interested in the technology. It would take a long time to get back the cost for the hardware, so you kind of have to count on that the coin appreciates right?
Which coin would you recommend?
Also which Hardware would you recommend?

There are so many options I am kind of confused. Mine Monero with GPUs and hope they appreciate or buy an ASIC and mine ETH or BTC...
I have a budget of 4000$.

Also I have cool temperatures and fast internet (900 mb/s) if that matters in any way?

Thanks for your help Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 10:20:28 AM

Hi all,

I am in the situation that I have free electricity and wanted to know if it's worth to get into mining at this point?
I started to mine Monero on my gaming pc just because I am interested in the technology. It would take a long time to get back the cost for the hardware, so you kind of have to count on that the coin appreciates right?
Which coin would you recommend?
Also which Hardware would you recommend?

There are so many options I am kind of confused. Mine Monero with GPUs and hope they appreciate or buy an ASIC and mine ETH or BTC...
I have a budget of 4000$.

Also I have cool temperatures and fast internet (900 mb/s) if that matters in any way?

Thanks for your help Smiley

Monero was a good choice few months ago Cheesy But it's still good to mine even now. With same AMD GPUs you may mine ETH too.
ASIC would be great too, we might get better group price for Innosilicon A4+, there is topic about it.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
blucg (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:03:19 AM

Monero was a good choice few months ago Cheesy But it's still good to mine even now. With same AMD GPUs you may mine ETH too.
ASIC would be great too, we might get better group price for Innosilicon A4+, there is topic about it.

Thanks! So what coin would be a good choice now?
bignevola

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:06:39 AM

Thanks! So what coin would be a good choice now?

IMO: Signatum, Lbry
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:11:58 AM

if you have free electricity then best coins to mine are, prisoncoin, jailcoin,robber'scoin,stealcoin,thievescoin but make sure you don't end mining policecoin cause is rare but the chances are that you get a policecoin every thousands of coins mined.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
blucg (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:52:37 AM

if you have free electricity then best coins to mine are, prisoncoin, jailcoin,robber'scoin,stealcoin,thievescoin but make sure you don't end mining policecoin cause is rare but the chances are that you get a policecoin every thousands of coins mined.
hahaha nice Grin It's free because it's included in my rent. Not stolen anywhere Smiley
ZipEyes

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:59:11 AM

Well.. it can be free electricity for now but after first month when your place owner gets that 500$ electricity bill you have something to explain.

Enjoy as long as you can.

Bitrated user: Hyp0crit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: