Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:20:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So when DeepOnion started for public it was $4, every investor lost 75%.  (Read 2338 times)
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:38:32 PM

Can't believe people are still bashing a coin, just because they're not in the airdrop. If people believe in this, let them do so. I don't think it's a scam.
It makes people easy money every week..

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
marilyngroom

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:13:33 AM

I lost money buying Onions, but really that will only be true if I cash them out now. Do I wish I had bought when it was a lower price? Of course, but that's like someone saying that they bought bitcoins at $2 wishing they had bought when it was 50 cents.
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:02:49 AM

I lost money buying Onions, but really that will only be true if I cash them out now. Do I wish I had bought when it was a lower price? Of course, but that's like someone saying that they bought bitcoins at $2 wishing they had bought when it was 50 cents.
A lot of people are loosing money caused by buy the onion token and i have no idea about why they are doing it rather than buying the better coin that it, with 90% premined and the remaining amount just give to the airdrop participant which they will dump it after receive its token.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
marilyngroom

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:17:08 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 06:16:23 PM by marilyngroom

A lot of people are loosing money caused by buy the onion token and i have no idea about why they are doing it rather than buying the better coin that it, with 90% premined and the remaining amount just give to the airdrop participant which they will dump it after receive its token.

I just have a different experience about this. I care more about the possible community that is building up. There will be dumpers, but then there are those who will stay because they care. I've lost money, but it's not too bad.
yorklab

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:36:39 PM

That’s why it’s best to wait before investing in an ICO to see where it’s going first.

Or better yet, don’t invest in coins with ICOs, invest in projects that are 100% dependent on the founder’s ability to increase its value through results. If they make money, you make money. Those are the ones to be in.

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
glynbueso

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:04:59 PM

That’s why it’s best to wait before investing in an ICO to see where it’s going first.

Or better yet, don’t invest in coins with ICOs, invest in projects that are 100% dependent on the founder’s ability to increase its value through results. If they make money, you make money. Those are the ones to be in.

Well, it seems like you didn´t read ANYTHING about DeepOnion and their project. There is no ICO, the distribution is free, you don´t need to use money if you don´t want. Just contribute to the project and you will be rewarded.

So both posts (your post and this thread) don´t have sense.
yorklab

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:14:42 PM

Well, it seems like you didn´t read ANYTHING about DeepOnion and their project. There is no ICO, the distribution is free, you don´t need to use money if you don´t want. Just contribute to the project and you will be rewarded.

So both posts (your post and this thread) don´t have sense.

The general theme of the thread seem to be about ICOs hence my ICO post. As my post states: "invest in projects that are 100% dependent on the founder’s ability to increase its value through results. If they make money, you make money"

This, of course, would include all contributors of the project to increase value.

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
marilyngroom

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:31:50 PM

The high percentage of rejection can have a negative effect on the coin. I just got rejected, and my initial instincts were to dump during the next pump, and put that money towards a better opportunity. But I will try to hold. But that feeling of a strong community making a coin stronger is the opposite of what I started feeling. And that's what was giving me the feeling that maybe I'm wrong and it's not worth it. It's simply antagonizing more people by not letting them be part of it. The opposite of being inclusive and building that bond.
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:14:33 PM

The high percentage of rejection can have a negative effect on the coin. I just got rejected, and my initial instincts were to dump during the next pump, and put that money towards a better opportunity. But I will try to hold. But that feeling of a strong community making a coin stronger is the opposite of what I started feeling. And that's what was giving me the feeling that maybe I'm wrong and it's not worth it. It's simply antagonizing more people by not letting them be part of it. The opposite of being inclusive and building that bond.

How come you got rejected? there has to be a reason, I don't think they are rejecting people just to reject them to make it a very hard to get into club. I read that as the airdrop goes on people that joined bct after july 13th will be allowed to join the airdrop (much later in the airdrop though).
marilyngroom

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:04:19 AM

How come you got rejected? there has to be a reason, I don't think they are rejecting people just to reject them to make it a very hard to get into club. I read that as the airdrop goes on people that joined bct after july 13th will be allowed to join the airdrop (much later in the airdrop though).

I have no idea. I've been following this coin and it just seems that a lot of people are in the same boat. Looking at it from the outside you think they did something, but then it's like who knows.

Maybe the less people on board makes the air drop more attractive. It benefits people like yourself because those whoa are in get a significant amount more.

I have to think how all this will affect the value after the air drop is over. I sold a good percentage of my InvestFeed to buy Onions, and then the marketcap for InvestFeed went up 2x.

I just have to keep my eyes open for other opportunities.
mico

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:13:49 AM

How low will it go? Its already at 1$. Can it go to $0.10 as Torcoin or even lower? I mean Torcoin at least had the cool name to it.

Will the sigspammer be held responsible? I saw China is cracking down on scam coins, USA too, so in theory would it be possible to hold sig spammers responsible because basically it would be considered as false advertising, as a scam, to promote a coin trying to trick investors to put their money into it. I means thats an investment fraud in most countries, right?

that is their money. They known how to using it. u dont need worry. They will have a way to make money from it.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:08:18 AM

How low will it go? Its already at 1$. Can it go to $0.10 as Torcoin or even lower? I mean Torcoin at least had the cool name to it.

Will the sigspammer be held responsible? I saw China is cracking down on scam coins, USA too, so in theory would it be possible to hold sig spammers responsible because basically it would be considered as false advertising, as a scam, to promote a coin trying to trick investors to put their money into it. I means thats an investment fraud in most countries, right?

DeepOnion has been accused of being a scam. And the DeepOnion people which seems a large body of followers have something to respond to about the allegations. But the market for DeepOnion is rising and falling just like the rest of the crypto coins. Even if it is $1, it is still much better than the rest. Let us wait for the next few months and see where DeepOnion would be.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:35:29 AM

I wanted to clarify a few points.

1. First, many of the large Deep Onion holders are early supporters of the Deep Onion: forum moderators, vloggers, sigdrop/airdrop participants, etc. For many of these the cost basis of Deep Onion shares is zero so its seems implausible for them to lose 75% of the value of their shares when the total initial invested capital was zero to start with.

2. The peak Deep onion price was approximately $4, and yes the price has declined to $1 since the peak. Crypto is known to be a volatile asset class, BTC itself has had large drawdowns in excess of 40% over its history. This is normal for technology assets when investors are uncertain how to value the asset, look at Amazon during the tech bubble which declined 90% from 1999 to 2011.  

3. When Deep Onion started trading it started trading at 2500 stats or around $0.10 assuming a $4,000 bitcoin price. So the statement that Deep Onion started trading at $4 may not be quite accurate.

4. I dont believe Deep Onion is a scam coin. Rather the dev team has demonstrated they are extremely talented at web SEO, viral marketing and crypto ecosystem development. They deserve recognition and praise. If crypto is to grow and challenge the cozy and corrupt world of banking and traditional finance, we need passionate communities like Deep Onion to serve as evangelists for the crypto industry.        

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
Olishka

Activity: 154
Merit: 26

DIW Security Decentralized

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:59:17 PM

The first reason I see the price of this coin falling hard in long term and short term is that most people got their coins for free !  So just let you ask yourself the question. If you did not get those coins for free , would you buy them in the market knowing that 95% of the owners had them for free ?  Be honest you for sure won't agree to buy it unlesd there is a huuuge discount.

2nd point when the aurdrops are over there won't be incentives anymore for the people who get them for free to keep their coins. Since it's free money every one will be willing to sell at any price .. doesn't really matter since it was a gift.

So then the two things come together demand and offer. Law of market. Potential buyers will buy for a highly discounted price (psychologically close to 0 ) and owners will sale at any price.. 

Come back to my post end of this year !

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
beebee187

Activity: 256

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:15:52 PM

I have actually bought some of this coin twice, and plan on continuing to hold it. I don't know what you mean about it starting at $4... both times I have purchased it, I did so around the $1-1.25 price point. I plan to hold this coin and believe this will be a worthwhile investment.

muenze (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:49:15 AM

1. First, many of the large Deep Onion holders are early supporters of the Deep Onion: forum moderators, vloggers, sigdrop/airdrop participants, etc. For many of these the cost basis of Deep Onion shares is zero so its seems implausible for them to lose 75% of the value of their shares when the total initial invested capital was zero to start with.

2. The peak Deep onion price was approximately $4, and yes the price has declined to $1 since the peak. Crypto is known to be a volatile asset class, BTC itself has had large drawdowns in excess of 40% over its history. This is normal for technology assets when investors are uncertain how to value the asset, look at Amazon during the tech bubble which declined 90% from 1999 to 2011.  

3. When Deep Onion started trading it started trading at 2500 stats or around $0.10 assuming a $4,000 bitcoin price. So the statement that Deep Onion started trading at $4 may not be quite accurate.

4. I dont believe Deep Onion is a scam coin. Rather the dev team has demonstrated they are extremely talented at web SEO, viral marketing and crypto ecosystem development. They deserve recognition and praise. If crypto is to grow and challenge the cozy and corrupt world of banking and traditional finance, we need passionate communities like Deep Onion to serve as evangelists for the crypto industry.        

Thanks for the explanations. I appreciate posts even if they go against my opinion if they are actually "based" as yours and without obvious lies as some other posts by other members.

And indeed I was wrong with the $4, because that was only the price when I first heard about it. I read about it somewhere (reddit I think,not sure) and even was interested in buying some because it sounded cool and I didnt know about TORCOIN back then. But when I saw how thousands of coins are given away free to people just for putting it in their sig, I wasnt motivated at all anymore to buy this coin Smiley

However I also believe thats when the sig campaign started, when it was $4. I am not sure how public this coin was before that.

I agree with the guy behind DeepOnion knowing the scene quite well. Tho I come to a different conclusion.. that is he knows well how to game the system and keep pulling out $20k a day out of this scam while keeping it alive for as long as possible.

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
Quichee

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:56:48 AM

Im still fucked up cause newbie cant make some sigspam. I believe in this Coin. Op you are a conservative man with no vision, you can see the fast profit but you cant see what it really is about.
dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:17:25 PM

Im still fucked up cause newbie cant make some sigspam. I believe in this Coin. Op you are a conservative man with no vision, you can see the fast profit but you cant see what it really is about.
just wait. Cheesy just need 1 month for Jr member and 2 month for Member. So you can join easy. Or u can join some twitter bounty

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
bitphonics

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:27:38 PM

Thanks for the explanations. I appreciate posts even if they go against my opinion if they are actually "based" as yours and without obvious lies as some other posts by other members.

And indeed I was wrong with the $4, because that was only the price when I first heard about it. I read about it somewhere (reddit I think,not sure) and even was interested in buying some because it sounded cool and I didnt know about TORCOIN back then. But when I saw how thousands of coins are given away free to people just for putting it in their sig, I wasnt motivated at all anymore to buy this coin Smiley

However I also believe thats when the sig campaign started, when it was $4. I am not sure how public this coin was before that.

I agree with the guy behind DeepOnion knowing the scene quite well. Tho I come to a different conclusion.. that is he knows well how to game the system and keep pulling out $20k a day out of this scam while keeping it alive for as long as possible.

The sigcampaign started well before deeponion was added to Novaexchange. I believe the first airdrop was on July 12th, and it entered the exchange marketplace on August 12th at a price of about 3k sats ($0.11) then it hit its peak on August 29th. There is nothing too strange about the way that this "airdrop" is being handled. I do have a problem with them calling it an airdrop because there are strict rules about what must be done to receive the tokens, but they are far from the only altcoin using this strategy. Asking a user base to make 10 plus post a week (about anything, not necessarily onion related) and use a signature that is more like payment than a free airdrop. At the beginning of the exchange this was worth about $22 a week. Probably around minimum wage considering time to read and post accordingly. Either way this does not seem like a scam from what I have seen.

The biggest problem in my view that onion faces is a perceived unfairness to how some people are allowed into the campaign or more recently removed from the campaign. The idea that some people are being removed unfairly could really derail a lot of the goodwill that onion has built up over these past two months. In my opinion you should be super sure that you are removing someone who is breaking the rules before you do so. There are only about 150 people on the campaign from what I can tell, so policing that few people should not be hard. Just like the criminal justice system it should be innocent until proven guilty beyond a shadow of doubt.
lokinator

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:47:11 PM

The sigcampaign started well before deeponion was added to Novaexchange. I believe the first airdrop was on July 12th, and it entered the exchange marketplace on August 12th at a price of about 3k sats ($0.11) then it hit its peak on August 29th. There is nothing too strange about the way that this "airdrop" is being handled. I do have a problem with them calling it an airdrop because there are strict rules about what must be done to receive the tokens, but they are far from the only altcoin using this strategy. Asking a user base to make 10 plus post a week (about anything, not necessarily onion related) and use a signature that is more like payment than a free airdrop. At the beginning of the exchange this was worth about $22 a week. Probably around minimum wage considering time to read and post accordingly. Either way this does not seem like a scam from what I have seen.

The biggest problem in my view that onion faces is a perceived unfairness to how some people are allowed into the campaign or more recently removed from the campaign. The idea that some people are being removed unfairly could really derail a lot of the goodwill that onion has built up over these past two months. In my opinion you should be super sure that you are removing someone who is breaking the rules before you do so. There are only about 150 people on the campaign from what I can tell, so policing that few people should not be hard. Just like the criminal justice system it should be innocent until proven guilty beyond a shadow of doubt.

I agree that they got a little heavy handed with the "ban hammer" -- I personally know of several folks who were unjust victims of the ban wave (including yours truly).

I would imagine the majority of people who were banned (fairly or unfairly) simply jumped on NovaExchange and dumped their Onions -- I personally believe this is the reason for the quick drop from $4 to ~$1.

Either way, I believe DeepOnion will bounce back and be better off in the long run. I would like the think the Ban Wave got rid of the majority of bad community members -- even if it sacrificed some of the good ones.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: