Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Software for Remote Access to Mining Rigs  (Read 4233 times)
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:24:47 PM

Ansible playbook.

Easily the best answer in this thread.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
patrike
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 08:29:28 PM

I use team viewer for remote access

Awesome Miner for monitoring

Simple Rig Resetter for reboots.

Which license did you get from awesome miner ? The cheapest which allows monitoring is 35 bucks.
The idea is that Awesome Miner should save you both time and money, by detecting any issues with the mining and take action and give you a notification. TeamViewer (and similar) should only be used for remote desktop access, not for monitoring.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
frazier34567

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:48:42 PM

I have a logmein account on one computer then use TightVNC Viewer to get into the other ones.  The one computer is not used for mining and rarely has issues.  I have not seen performance slowdowns with TightVNC
polylogic

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:02:37 AM

tightvnc is working very good and it is open source with secure connection
i wanted to switch to rdp, i use it with vps and it comfortable, what are the problems with it on miner, slowdowns?
i also plan on buying awesomeminer or one of those monitoring softwares. but i have a hard time trusting their service  Cool
but once your farm is at a certain size you just need it, time is money Wink
the last i heard from teamviewer there were some big holes in their security. but it was some time ago.

less software is better, each 3rd party app is potential security risk. keep that in mind

.Presale LIVE..Crypto Visa EU OUT NOW.✔ ◾ Bonus Payments.
Cashback ✔ ◾ Rainshowers ✔ ◾ Ambassador Bounty
Founding the next way of banking D E Z E N T R A L I Z E D

|

2gether.global

|

AI optimized
Community driven
Personal banking

❌ VFA Approved
✅ ERC-20 Token
⚠⚠ Join presale now!

Website
Twitter
BTCT ANN
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 03:57:49 PM

tightvnc is working very good and it is open source with secure connection
i wanted to switch to rdp, i use it with vps and it comfortable, what are the problems with it on miner, slowdowns?
i also plan on buying awesomeminer or one of those monitoring softwares. but i have a hard time trusting their service  Cool
but once your farm is at a certain size you just need it, time is money Wink
the last i heard from teamviewer there were some big holes in their security. but it was some time ago.

less software is better, each 3rd party app is potential security risk. keep that in mind
Awesome Miner has been on the market for 3 years, and the Bitcointalk thread has also been there for 3 years where you find many users running the software with both small scale and large scale mining operations. The software is successfully being used at very large mining operations with up to 5000 miners.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 06:23:48 PM

damm, it seems that awesome-miner has some kind of monopoly now.
Most freeware-projects are dead or do not offer notification-settings.
The aweseome-miner is a bit clunky on my Eeepc-screen.
I have to kill it by taskmanager to exit, because the whole window is not visible to click on "X" and the ESC-key is not recognized.
35$ for mail-notification is a bit high imho
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:22:28 AM

damm, it seems that awesome-miner has some kind of monopoly now.
Most freeware-projects are dead or do not offer notification-settings.
The aweseome-miner is a bit clunky on my Eeepc-screen.
I have to kill it by taskmanager to exit, because the whole window is not visible to click on "X" and the ESC-key is not recognized.
35$ for mail-notification is a bit high imho

Would you rather lose profits by not being notified?  Time is money in mining... $35 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things.  You could make that back in a month or less depending on how big your mining operation is.
Mr_Snipes

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 08:46:24 AM

You are right about monitoring protecting me from losses.
However i think that parsing a few values and sending a mail based on those is fair for 35 bucks.
The app will run in the remote-subnet where the miners are so i can only use the gui via RemoteSession.
The "cloud service" (if i got it right the webfrontend to logon) is charged extra on that awesome-miner.
Thats a bit of a bummer for me. Even if i payed the 4$ for their webserver, i needed the "professional" version.
So i pay 70$ once and in a year i pay 48$ for access to a webfrontend.
120$ in the first year.
rodney2250

Activity: 177
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:29:08 PM

I am using TP Link HS110 smart plugs. These plugs are great and I use them monitor the power usage and remotely reboot rigs in case of boot issues). Beware that, if you want to monitor power consumption you'll need the HS110s. The HS100 do not support  power monitoring.

I manage my mining rig farm remotely. When I say remotely I mean 3000 miles away from where I actually live. More on my setup here:

http://randomcryptostuff.blogspot.nl/2017/08/monitoring-ethereum-mining-farm-using.html
Senswh

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:07:37 PM

TighVNC is the best option for monitoring  and have high quality for use, or you can manage use teamviewer  for optional and simple, you can use it in smartphone or tablet and download in playstore. Just Try it
bouldou

Activity: 403
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:43:47 PM

Windows 10 RDP has functionality issues with miners. I prefer Team Viewer, which allows full control as well as file transfer and is free for personal use. It also has smartphone apps for on the go access.

except teamviewer has its own set of problems with miners, like reducing hashrate on one gpu among other things. if yall are using claymores miners why not use his miner manager,

Are you sure Teamviewer reduce hashrate for one gpu ? Never heard about that before

Source ? How much would it reduce ?

Thanks Smiley

Vous voulez une Lambo ? Investissez dans le YENTEN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706079.0
puwaha

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:28:49 PM

However i think that parsing a few values and sending a mail based on those is fair for 35 bucks.
The app will run in the remote-subnet where the miners are so i can only use the gui via RemoteSession.
The "cloud service" (if i got it right the webfrontend to logon) is charged extra on that awesome-miner.
Thats a bit of a bummer for me. Even if i payed the 4$ for their webserver, i needed the "professional" version.
120$ in the first year.

You can use the cloud service with any level of the base Awesome Miner software.  So, you can buy the $35 for the base software, and then get the $4 a month cloud service on top of it.

If you just buy the $70 base software then you get the web server, and then you can do a port-forward on your firewall to access the system that is running AM.  You will then have the full web interface with remote capability for only a $70 one time cost.

The cloud service is a convenience offered if you don't want to open your firewall or can't.  There's obviously a monthly fee for this for Patrike to maintain the service and pay for the server.

puwaha

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:33:09 PM

Windows 10 RDP has functionality issues with miners. I prefer Team Viewer, which allows full control as well as file transfer and is free for personal use. It also has smartphone apps for on the go access.

except teamviewer has its own set of problems with miners, like reducing hashrate on one gpu among other things. if yall are using claymores miners why not use his miner manager,

Are you sure Teamviewer reduce hashrate for one gpu ? Never heard about that before

Source ? How much would it reduce ?

Thanks Smiley

Any time you use your primary GPU to display graphics, it will affect that primary GPU's hashrate.  It doesn't matter if it's the console, RDP, Teamviewer, VNC or others.  When you are done with your remote session, stop the session.  Problem solved.
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 10:49:18 PM

120$ in the first year.
Awesome Miner is doing a bit more than simply parsing a few values. Even on the Standard Edition you can setup powerful rules for notifications and automation, and there is a large number of other features as well.

The new Cloud Services is completely optional and is provided as a service for those that don't want to host their own web interface. You can use your Awesome Miner Standard Edition with the Cloud Services, so there is no need to go for any more expensive edition as in your example above.

If you do use Professional Edition of Awesome Miner, you have the built-in web server you can use instead. Using this one, you don't need the Cloud Services at all. So either you host the web interface yourself, or you go for the Cloud Services subscription. Both options are available to make as many people as possible happy.

BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:19:40 AM

TeamViewer is free so easy choice there. RealVnC for less than 5 rigs works well too.
killerelite

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:55:02 AM

I personally use Team Viewer
I prefer to make the miner auto start with the rig
After setting up everything I restart the miner
Yeah sometimes the miner crashes or pc stucks , This is mostly due to unstable clocks or auto switching mining application anyways in that case someone has to manually restart the rig
So I prefer to lose the extra hash or two in favour of stabality
Not having a small extra boost is better then not having anything for sometime also a lot of hastle can be avoided
Mr_Snipes

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 06:42:46 PM

Thanks for the clarification, i got confused looking at the pricing-chart i think.
sachinunchwal02

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:45:08 PM

crypto-coin mining and monitoring on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. MultiMiner simplifies switching individual devices (GPUs, ASICs, FPGAs) between crypto-currencies such as Bitcoin and Litecoin. MultiMiner uses the underlying mining engine (BFGMiner) to detect available mining hardware and then presents an intuitive screen for choosing the coins you'd like to mine.
Mr_Snipes

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 06:50:47 PM

Multiminer is not updated anymore. I tried to register for their mobile-portal and got redirected to a scam-site.
This kinda scared me off  Undecided
Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:32:41 PM

RealVnC for less than 5 rigs works well too.

What do you mean by "for less than 5 rigs"?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: