Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:32:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset?  (Read 4206 times)
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:27:08 PM

I believe that more users view bitcoin as an asset in order to earn as much money as possible. As a currency, you can not use it anywhere yet, due to the fact that many people have not heard about it.
Yeah bit coin really is a type of currency but a virtual one that has no physical form like other currencies e.g. dollar, euro or dirham etc. I can’t say it is an asset because an asset is something that you hold physically where bit coin never exits physically, it’s a virtual currency which is mostly used by the tech lovers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:35:04 PM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?
It can be both because between an asset and as a currency, bitcoin can be both. Bitcoin can act as a currency since it can be use to purchase and buy products especially to those establishments and countries wherein bitcoin use as  a payment have already been accepted. At the same time, bitcoin can be also an asset upon holding it that will surely give you a gain by just simple saving it.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:31:45 AM

I'm on the side that it is both. It's a currency since you can buy things with it, but an asset as well in that people hold on to it for long periods of time. Even though I say it's an "asset," eventually those people will either die holding on to it or cash out.
For me also, bitcoin is not only a precious asset but it shows the characteristics of currency at the same time. That's why I call it having a dual nature. Money is just a medium of exchange and we can buy things directly with BTC (not everywhere). We can convert is into fiat so it’s an asset also.
zoolz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:37:10 AM

Honestly it acts as both, the world has never seen anything really like bitcoin until it was created so right now you can't really lump it into one category.
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:57:42 AM

I believe that more users view bitcoin as an asset in order to earn as much money as possible. As a currency, you can not use it anywhere yet, due to the fact that many people have not heard about it.
Yeah bit coin really is a type of currency but a virtual one that has no physical form like other currencies e.g. dollar, euro or dirham etc. I can’t say it is an asset because an asset is something that you hold physically where bit coin never exits physically, it’s a virtual currency which is mostly used by the tech lovers.

It is still an asset if people are holding it and keeping it for the value to grow high in the coming months or years. It does not matter whether it is on a physical version or not. Remember that gold nowadays are being traded, hold, and kept for a long while for the price to grow as well. But we are not talking about hard gold here. We are talking about paper golds, just like bitcoin, everything is digital.
congtuan001122asd

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:33:14 AM

For me, bitcoin is a currency. Not only that, it is also a valuable asset. I see bitcoin as currency because I can use it to pay bills.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 11:25:53 AM

bitcoin function is not only limited to currency alone but more than that bitcoin is an asset that has a value so high that currently bitcoin really popular in various countries although there are still some countries that prohibit the use of bitcoin, but it is not an obstacle to development of bitcoin in the future.
_Legendary_

Activity: 573
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:09:42 PM

Yes, bitcoin is a currency and an asset, in fact we can freely sell bitcoin, in my city I can get bitcoin exchanger and transaction very quickly, in seconds then the money has been received in the bank account.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:42:39 PM

some people are more likely to holding their bitcoin because they have the particular target price to sold eventually the profit will be their aimed but holding bitcoin don't mean they're not consider bitcoin as the currencies because bitcoin have potential to became both a currency and asset itself
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:06:30 PM

it is a Currency because you can earn it   save it and use it  to sell any thing like clothes food ..............

what make it famous is global and security
That’s a lie, Bitcoin is not a currency, it’s an asset/stock. A stock can also be used to purchase something; for example you can use gold to get something you need. So that’s how Bitcoin works also. It’s a stock but can be used for exchange, buying and selling.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:09:11 PM

Actually we can say both because if we go for both then both are right bitcoin is giving opportunity to people so we can say that bitcoin is a good currency and on other hand we can say that it is asset of gold. Because if we are having bitcoin then we will earn more.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:34:33 PM

As long as bitcoin rises it is an asset.
Using a product for payment that is rising in its value, that's something you only do when there is really no other choice.
Most people have the choice to use the local fiat as a payment. That is one reason why the bitcoin increased its price on such a large scale: people had no need to give it away.

It's me!!!
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:49:25 PM

Yes bitcoin is a currency or asset, actually we can say so, bitcoin is the currency because we can use to pay whatever we want, while the asset because we can easily calculate its value compared with fiat.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:11:18 PM

bitcoin is actually a currency and an asset, because many companies and countries have accept bitcoin as a transaction tool, it can also be made into long-term asset if you can save it longer in the safest place, because bitcoin has a selling price which is getting higher from year to year, maybe bitcoin can be a future asset make our finance better

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
mustakforum

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:21:52 PM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

Depending on the respective perceptions, bitcoin is more to the currency and not the asset. Those holding bitcoin are traders who take advantage of the bitcoin price fluctuations. I think it makes sense if bitcoin is more than just fiat currency, where we can get additional benefits, compared to just storing it in a bank.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:30:38 PM

actually bitcoin as an asset or currency it all depends for each person, because it has no rules such for asset or an official currency, if I use bitcoin as my investation asset for next 10-20 years because according to asset of investment with bitcoin for long term it will benefit me in the future
AlienSeeker

Activity: 360

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:31:33 PM

I believe that it is both an asset and a currency. Bitcoin being a digital currency which is somewhat a universal currency because users can send and receive money through bitcoin without thinking about it's exchanges with other country's currency. And as an asset because bitcoin really is an investment, you can invest in bitcoin and can have a profit.
joganuts

Activity: 355

Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:38:37 PM

both are true. bitcoin according to my point of view it is digital gold. the price can soar because of the limited amount.
I currently prefer to hold my bitcoin for long term. I believe can make the future .
Indeed, bitcoin could actually serve as a both an asset and a current for people. It just depends on how they will going to used Bitcoin on investments , transactions and trading that could be a current that could give them an opportunity to earn and to have profit in the future. It is actually a good thing becasue it helps people to achieve something by dealing with the innovation apart of the development of technology.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:44:19 PM

some people are more likely to holding their bitcoin because they have the particular target price to sold eventually the profit will be their aimed but holding bitcoin don't mean they're not consider bitcoin as the currencies because bitcoin have potential to became both a currency and asset itself
they are just waiting for a much bigger value before consuming their bitcoin so they can take advantage of a better price, but also some people treated bitcoin as an asset to hold believing that it will gain a lot of value after several years, better to hold and treat it like that so after some years you will be financially
stable.
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:50:04 PM

It is clear that many treat bitcoin more like an asset that has the potential to grow multiple times its original value. Much as we would like to treat it as a currency, the limited options for using it as such hinders many who would like to do so. So instead of spending bitcoin as is, many of us would simply just tend to hold and see the price rise and fall according to what happens next.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: