Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:33:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset?  (Read 4206 times)
fredrickodo

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:18:53 PM

I treat bitcoin as both currency and an asset but yes it is true that many people consider bitcoin as profitable investment opportunity with moderate risk of loss.

though digital coin is just an ordinary coin untill two or more people agreed to exchange it for services and it become a valuable asset.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:20:26 PM

Both I think.

As a currency, because no other digital currency can match Bitcoin advantages in fees, scope area, and transaction speed. Bitcoins decentralized nature and anonymity are also a big plus. Compare it to conventional digital payment system like Paypal, Skrill, etc, Bitcoin is way better. Those service fees are huge and sometimes a pain in the ass to use, especially Paypal when you are in risk of a chargeback if you're on the receiving end.

As an asset, because of its value development. Bitcoin went from ~$100 to ~4500 within just four years. When I first knew Bitcoin its price was only $100ish. I never thought it would reach the realm of thousands back then. Gosh, I wish I bought a lot of it. People expect the same too, they want Bitcoin to repeat its history and reach even higher, maybe nearing $100K :p
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:09:47 PM

Bitcoin will be used for larger purchases, whilst coins like Dimecoin could see real online use. We need coins with insanely high supplies to control the price with more ease

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:12:26 PM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?
Maybe it depends. Four countries wherein it is already legal, it is a currency that its users can use to buy the things that they want. For investors wherein it is not yet legal, it is an asset to be held for a long period of time as its market value is increasing. Maybe it relies in between being an asset and being a currency.
pucunghul

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:56:45 PM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

for me bitcoin is the currency that can make the most phenomenal assets in this century. because in addition in terms of benefits, bitcoin gives more independence for users including me.

aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:46:50 AM

I treat bitcoin as both currency and an asset but yes it is true that many people consider bitcoin as profitable investment opportunity with moderate risk of loss.

though digital coin is just an ordinary coin untill two or more people agreed to exchange it for services and it become a valuable asset.
If holding bitcoin for long term can be counted into the assets and if use for the daily use an for transaction it can be currency and my suggestion is to use it in both ways it gives same benefits if someone wants to secure future and give a happy life to his loved ones he can keep them as asset and will help in that time and as currency they are always helping.
bitcoinorcash

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:54:11 AM

I think you can consider it as a currency and an asset.Though it is not really considered by some countries as a currency it is still an asset for them because of its value.There are also some that are considering it already as a real currency.
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:05:25 AM

Both I think.

As a currency, because no other digital currency can match Bitcoin advantages in fees, scope area, and transaction speed. Bitcoins decentralized nature and anonymity are also a big plus. Compare it to conventional digital payment system like Paypal, Skrill, etc, Bitcoin is way better. Those service fees are huge and sometimes a pain in the ass to use, especially Paypal when you are in risk of a chargeback if you're on the receiving end.

As an asset, because of its value development. Bitcoin went from ~$100 to ~4500 within just four years. When I first knew Bitcoin its price was only $100ish. I never thought it would reach the realm of thousands back then. Gosh, I wish I bought a lot of it. People expect the same too, they want Bitcoin to repeat its history and reach even higher, maybe nearing $100K :p
I agree with you. bitcoin can act as a currency and an asset. limited quantities, high demand, bitcoin becomes a rare item sought. its rising prices make it one of the best assets right now.

endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 10:07:07 AM

Still it is new to the world, a lot of people doesn't know about Bitcoin even me also dont know few months back. I might think it will take time to consider as Currecny also people will be using world wide.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
kangjiasg

Activity: 180
Merit: 101

Exclusive Member

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:09:23 AM

bitcoin is a currency rather than an asset. I thought an asset is something that can generate income?

Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:56:09 AM

Looking at trading chart for bitcoin, anyone can notice how much profitable it is to just buy and hold bitcoin rather than spending in daily basis.
Bitcoin is an vertual assets that you  can hold, you trade and everything you can do just like a regular currency ,but the beauty of these currency is decentralized you can send to anybody with third party involved.

mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:09:40 AM

i think its both.. it is currency and an asset for future use
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:11:01 PM

i think its both.. it is currency and an asset for future use
That is right, bitcoin is an asset because you can buy it and hold it for a long time and the price of bitcoin will go up and that is when you are going to earn money or profit from your bitcoin and that is how assets work and you can also use it as a currency because you can use it to buy things online or even out from the internet world if the sellers agreed to a bitcoin payment.
daserpent

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:12:42 PM

Why does it have be either a currency or an asset? Why can't you see its both!

What is gold? Its an asset as well as a currency (you can always trade gold for things).
ongels

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:23:16 PM

For me bitcoin are multipurpose, It could be used as currency esp, in trading. Wherein you have to buy and sell when you find good profit, You may also used btc as an assets because it increases its market value as the time pass by like gold and land property.
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:27:34 PM

It is both and you can pick how you want to use it. I would say it is mainly a currency because it is designed to be one. Fiat currencies would also be assets if they had prices like Bitcoin has. I use it as a cryptocurrency and I think it is not true that not much stuff can be bought with it, this is not 2010, you can buy pretty much anything with Bitcoins, it is just a bit harder than an average shopping.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Iantot08

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:08:56 PM

I think Bitcoin work an asset it is because of in term of bitcoin it produce an income.It can be store safely. Bitcoin is also easily exchanged.
As a store of significant worth, Bitcoin is much more basic and secure than other genuine resources. Many organizations as of now regard Bitcoin as an asset. But Bitcoin can may be a currency
Bitcoin also has potential as a currency or maybe a ‘Global currency’. New companies have been created to allow Bitcoin to be used in a much more user-friendly way.As of now, asset or currency, Bitcoin remains volatile. Bitcoin is mostly asset because it can be convert to real money
CryptoMDS

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:14:45 PM

Asset, storage of value. To become a currency needs to be easily accessible, tradable and used to acquire every type of goods with ease.

nagiblem

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:21:29 PM

I think bitcoin is a currency (digital) but i dont think that it is capable from replacing fiat money in the market. That is true there atr companies who restrict the use of cigarettes at the public places.

Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:59:52 PM

I think money as an asset with high liquidity

Cash is the most liquid asset, while real estate, fine art and collectibles are all relatively illiquid.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/liquidity.asp

Patent1number: ****-****
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: