Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:21:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoCoin Mine - Goldcoin  (Read 4148 times)
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 01:51:57 AM

Whoo hoo, Block number 2

4 blocks now!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:55:01 AM

CryptoCoin Mine now has a Goldcoin Pool!!

gld.cryptocoinmine.com

port 6060 Stratum

port 6339 LP

The pool is a normal 1% pplns pool for now. Please register and create a worker to start mining.

I plan on switching all the pools to PPS, when I feel the pool software I am using (A current and actively developed mmcfe), has been through the bug shake down.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 04:56:08 PM

Thanks for making a gldcoin pool!
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:59:42 PM

In response to some of the confusion about the sidebar user stats, I have rearranged the sidebar and labeled it more clearly.

To change the display accounting looks to be as much work as to switch the pools to PPS, so i will work on changing over to PPS instead.  Smiley

nyclogan

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:12:49 AM

dgc.cryptocoinmine.com

Would start making much more coin for both the miners and CCE, if more people would throw some hash power at it.  Grin

It is at 0% fee (for now) and the bigger it gets, the more encouragement I have to get it switched over to PPS.

I have seen people ask about a PPS pool, but I need a large enough reserve of DGC to run that kind of  payment system.

FYI: I've been mining the pool for about 12 hours now (alot more in the past) and my dashboard and account don't show any recent credits. And the dash shows about 1/2 the shares compared to "pool top hasher" list which matches my CG miner report.  The pool has worked great in the past and the block luck fantastic but the dashboard and payout issue may scare away other miners.  

The dashboard only shows the shares of the current round. I will get to work on displaying total unpaid shares now.

Payout issues? This is the first I have heard of it. Please tell me what issues you are having so I can fix it.

Dashboard makes alot more sense knowing its per round but I've been mining about 500khs for the past 6 or 7 blocks and don't see any payouts.  Is there a certain time of day the server pays out?  My miner name is the same as my screen name if you want to check.

edit: seems to be a dash display issue (under work).  Pool is still counting my shares.  The pool has great luck, just want to be sure I'm not missing out.

you had to say we were having great luck? going on 5 hours without a block now  Undecided

Come back luck  Grin

Update: nice, found one while i was writing this Smiley
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:52:08 AM

There has been some confusion about how PPLNS works. When one starts to mine in a PPLNS pool, payout is delayed, when one stops mining the pool payments continue until PPLNS has run its course. This system was designed awhile back to discourage pool hopping. I do not believe there are many pure proportional pools anymore and almost all run some variation of PPLNS.

This confusion has also caused me to make the decision to convert the pools to PPS (Pay Per Share) only when I convert them, instead of offering PPLNS and PPS.

About PPLNS Payout system, Facts and myths

First of all if talking about PPLNS it is important to understand how it works. PPLNS is short for “Pay Per Last N Shares”. The current proportional reward system is round based. One round is the time between the first share after the last found block and the share which solves a block. PPLNS however means that we no longer consider valid shares of one round but we consider a number N of shares. No matter if they are part of the round or not. The number N is currently for each blockchain twice the difficulty (actually rounded down to an easy to calculate integer value).

Let me illustrate PPLNS using the image below. One round has an arbitrary number of shares which is solely based on sheer luck. On proportional reward system only shares of one round are considered for calculating rewards. However with PPLNS a quite constant number N of shares is considered for calculating rewards. This number N changes only with the difficulty.

As you know the number of shares needed to solve a block within a round is different. Round one and three needed (difficulty * 2) shares to be solved. Round two and four are quite short rounds. There were less than (difficulty * 2) shares nessecary to solve them. Round five however is a very long round which means the pool needed more than (difficulty * 2) shares to solve the block. From this follows that:

Rounds one and three are like proportional rounds. All of your shares from the given round are considered for reward calculations.
    For rounds two and four shares from the previous rounds are considered for calculations as well (marked green). In other words: regardless of round boundaries we always consider the last (difficulty * 2) shares. Your portion of the amount of shares is used to calculate your reward.
    Round five however is very long. In this round your lowermost shares (within the marked red part) are silently dropped if they are not within the last (difficulty * 2) shares.

Why do we need to switch the reward system at all?

PPLNS favors constant and/or occasional loyal pool members over pool hoppers. As you might have seen each time we find a LTC block the pools hashrate peaks instantly. This is due to pool hoppers starting to mine. They are betting for a “quick win” (like round two above) with low shares per round. If the round exceeds a certain amount of shares they “hop” to another proportional pool which started a new round more recently trying their luck on the other pool. This assures better rewards for pool hoppers over occasional or constant miners which are loyal to their pool. Pool hopping however implies that pool hoppers need to know when a round is started and how much shares are considered for reward. This is very easy with propotional reward system. Using PPLNS this is no longer true. On long rounds (like round five above) the pool hoppers shares won’t be considered for reward calculations in favor of loyal miners. This is due to the fact that pool hoppers only mine on the beginning of rounds. On short and normal rounds pool hoppers won’t loose their shares. But due to the fact that shares from previous rounds from loyal miners are considered twice (or even more often on extremely short rounds) the pool hopper won’t get the same reward as from proportional reward system.

I’m only an occasional miner. Will I loose shares if playing/being offline?

It depends. Even if you are a constant miner you’ll loose shares on very long rounds. On the other hand if you for example stop mining shortly before the end of round three from the image above you’ll be rewarded for round three. If you then start mining on the mid of round five you’ll be rewarded a bit for round four (despite the fact you haven’t submitted any shares as some of your shares from round three are considered for round four as well) and you’ll be fully rewarded for round five (you won’t loose any shares as you “skipped” the “red part” of shares which have been cut off due to the length of the round). The point however is no one (and thus the pool hopper as well) knows when a round ends in advance. Thus you deliberately can’t avoid cut offs. Sometimes you are lucky sometimes your are not. This however levels out over the time for non-hoppers. The important point is, that you as loyal pool member have an advantage over pool hoppers. Even if you are mining only occasionally in order to enjoy the silence within your mining room.

Isn’t it that you as pool operator earn more from PPLNS?

Short answer: No. As a pool operator I’ In fact for a pool operator it doesn’t matter at all which reward system is used. I expect rounds to become a bit longer after PPLNS is activated as the pool hoppers will start to avoid the Pool. Thus revenues for me will be lower. But there were some loyal pool members who clearly stated that they want to get rid of the pool hoppers and I respect their wish. Furthermore I’m too an occasional miner on the Pool as I don’t want the miners to be running at night and from time to time I need them to test new Pool versions on development systems. Thus being a miner like you I like PPLNS better than proportional. But speaking as pool operator there is no difference between the reward systems.

Thanks to g2x3k/Poolx-eu for PPLNS description

This page is on:

http://jkc.cryptocoinmine.com/index.php?page=about&action=pplns
http://dgc.cryptocoinmine.com/index.php?page=about&action=pplns
http://gld.cryptocoinmine.com/index.php?page=about&action=pplns

These pages also have a graphic that helps explain it.

Thank you for your Support. The pools have really been picking up and I appreciate it!!!

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 01:18:39 PM

I have a new updated version of the pool software that has the PPS Payout scheme built it along with some other changes and fixes.

I am setting up a test pool now and if all goes well, I should be able to at least switch to the new version on all the pools today or tomorrow.

For the pools where I do not have enough reserve I will run them as RPPS which simply means PPS but payout is delayed until the block is confirmed.I will be moving funds into the crypto coin system to get to pure PPS on all the pools, and well you know what that is like.  Cheesy

There will be a brief interruption (5-10 minutes) of mining when the switch-over takes place. All funds owed in the proportional pool will be transferred to the new PPS pool after the switch over. There will be some manual work involved in this, but I will get it done ASAP right after the switch-over.
I do have an idea however, that might just automate the whole thing. Be assured, you will receive everything!!

The Goldcoin pool will be switched over sometime after block 21000.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 10:46:27 AM

THE JKC POOL IS SHUTDOWN FOR MAINTENANCE. IT WILL BE BACK UP LATER TODAY AS A PPS POOL!!

All the coins owed from the Proportional pool will be paid out by tomorrow at the latest.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 11:40:42 AM

I have opened up the JKC PPS pool for a paid testing phase.

If all goes well It will just stay up..  Smiley
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:33:42 PM

The JKC mine will be shutdown indefinitly.

More then likely I will be shutting down all the pools.

The pool software has on all the pools has some kind of bug I cannot trace and makes no sense. It usually effects just one account where the shares just stopped getting counted and archived. They just sit in the live share table. There is no rhyme or reason to which accounts get effected. The developer can not duplicate it and says nobody else has the problem. So I guess I must be the idiot that somehow causes random accounts to go haywire.

The new version, well lets just say it is bringing on even more problems.

I will go through and manually pay everybody out.

My apologies to all the miners.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 03:53:14 AM

JKC CryptoCoin Mine:

Returning Soon
Many issues came up when I tried to migrate the PPLNS Database into a PPS database for a smooth transition.
The JKC pool will be coming back as a PPS pool with a fresh database.
As part of an apology to the JKC community, I will run this PPS pool at a 0% fee for a couple of weeks.

The disastrous results of trying to do a inline upgrade have taught me a valuable lesson.

I cannot apologize enough for issues with the JKC pool. I can only hope that my actions when dealing with issues such as uncounted shares and payouts, shows that I take miners concerns seriously.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 12:04:50 PM

THE JKC CRYPTOCOIN POOL IS TESTING.
Registration is open, however the testing mining port is not public.
This allows the JKC community to watch the test.
I will open the public mining ports when the pool is ready.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:25:22 PM

THE JKC PPS POOL IS OPEN FOR LIVE TESTING.
The live testing phase has started. First stage will be stratum only.
The pool is running as it would normally run and payouts are in effect.
Port: 8080  stratum
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 10:31:50 PM

I have lowered the payout confirm count to 10 on the Goldcoin pool.

This means coins will be credited to the miners account when a block has 10 confirms instead of 120.

I am doing this as part of the general preparation to start the PPS pool. I have purchased enough reserve to run the PPS pool and lower the confirm rate on the proportional pool.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:21:20 PM

THE GLD PPS POOL IS OPEN FOR LIVE TESTING.
URL:   gldpps.cryptocoinmine.com
PORT: 6565 Stratum
PORT: LP will come online when the proportional pool is closed.

I will close the proportional pool once the majority of miners have switched over to the PPS pool.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 10:49:08 PM

An issue has come up and been solved in the Goldcoin PPS pool:

PPS must be x10, broken calculator, haha. Im out

You are correct, It appears I missed a hard coded variable buried in the cron job.  The config file has a item for the current block reward, so it is strange there would be a hard coded number (not even a variable) in the cron jobs for block reward  Huh Huh

I will go through the payment list and multiply everybody's transactions by a factor of 15 up to this point.

Thank you for catching that .

I have sent everybody that has mined in the PPS pool (that put in a payout address), 15x what their balance was. The block reward value of 50 was hard coded in the PPS cronjob and I have since changed it to the proper value of 500.

The extra 5x payment is a bonus for the trouble. I also have left the balances where they are in effect paying at a 16x rate.

I need account#4 to put a payout address in so I can send you your coin.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 08:42:23 PM

The Goldcoin pool:

Due to a surprising amount of request, the Goldcoin PPS pool will be coming back.

6 PM (CDT) today I will shut the proportional pool down, get final payouts done, clean up the server and get the PPS Pool back up again.

Time compare: It is 3:40 CDT now.

The PPS pool with have both stratum and LP ports.

I will announce the ports when the pool is ready.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 06:47:37 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 07:14:25 PM by dreamwatcher

The GoldCoin CryptoCoin Mine  is now open.
Pool profits help fund CryptoCoin Explorer.

All pool donations will be given to the GoldCoin development fund.

For the first week there is a 25 GLD block finder bonus!!  Smiley

PPS (Pay-per-Share)

2.5%  Fee

You will need to register and an E-mail address is required. I do not use the e-mail addresses unless I need to contact you and for verification. It is the easiest way to verify I am in contact with the account holder.

On the subject of E-mail, the e-mail notification is not active yet. I need to see what my options are in terms of an SMTP relay. Setting up and using a local SMTP server, normally leads to bounced back e-mails due to white-listing and ISP spam protection.

Please enter a payout address and threshold. As a pool operator I am responsible for your coins that are in the pools wallets. If the hot wallet is lost/stolen, I have to replace it out of my own pocket. If I put too many coins in cold storage and a high balance miner decides to cash out, the hot wallet balance would be low or empty. This affects other miners that might want payout until I can refresh the wallet.

Manual payout is disabled in order to safeguard against a double withdrawal issue. Though this bug has been patched, I am running the update jobs in a new manor to solve a RARE share counting issue that pops up time to time. To simulate a manual payout, simply lower your auto-payout threshold below your balance. Your account will cash out in the next cycle.

Statistics are refreshed every minute. Share counting, payouts etc, are run every time a new block comes on the network.

I will be handling transferring donation amounts manually until I can add the little bit of code it will take to automate it and make it completely transparent .Within the next couple of days.

Stratum and LP ports

Stratum: 2020
LP: 2339

URL Stratum:   stratum+tcp://gld.cryptocoinmine.com:2020
URL LP:   http://gld.cryptocoinmine.com:2339

Pay-Per-Share:

The PPS reward system benefits miners small and large. Instead of competing for a percentage of the shares needed to solve a block, all shares are paid at a rate calculated with block reward and difficulty.

500 / (pow(2,32) * network difficulty) * pow(2,pool difficulty)

For simplicity the pool fee (2.5%) is deducted when then coins are credited to your account.

Mathematical breakdown of the PPS Formula:

Code:
500 / (pow(2,32) * network difficulty) * pow(2,pool difficulty)

The expression pow(2,32)  always equals (4294967296)

Current Network difficulty  is 2.0858

So the first half:
4294967296 *  2.0858 = 8958442789
500 /  8958442789 ~  .00000000558132715

That is the rate for the absolute lowest difficulty that can exist.

Pools and mining software do not operate with that low of a share difficulty. The network traffic would be unbelievable along with the overhead on both ends of trying to process that many shares.

The pool difficulty is set at 21 bits (or around difficulty 32 in Cgminer terms)

The expression pow(2,21)= 2097152

.00000000558132715 * 2097152 = 0.117048913952768

This is the current PPS rate.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 07:22:51 PM

The automated donation system is functionally in place. All donations go into a miner account that is set at a 500 GLD auto payout threshold. I have manually sent out the donations that occurred before I put the auto deposit in place and zeroed the donation amounts on the board.

This pools developer fund donation address is: E2CCdrwZGcdav2paJ2DwvoEPg96zY71epr

http://gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com/address/E2CCdrwZGcdav2paJ2DwvoEPg96zY71epr

The manual send was 734 GLD: Transaction: 58ad5044975d6e202c0daf9fdcf1c626a836d67abf02af0dc73711fbc537f08e

I will implement a display of the Donation account transactions today or tomorrow barring any technical code barriers.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 05:10:48 PM

GoldCoin Pool Donation to Goldcoin Developer Fund system is now complete!

Display of the Donation account transactions is under:  About - Donations Transactions
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: