Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:44:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ardor: Lisk/Eth's biggest competition . 1billion potential cap(10x returns)  (Read 19504 times)
KingCanute

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:19:12 PM

Again, dbt you have done us a great service by drawing our attention to this coin. Thank you. I had read up on it before and like it, but you have made clear the market fundamentals which helped me enormously when considering this project.

I only wish Bittrex was more thoughtful... I was playing around, swing trading with Ardor (I know, couldn't help myself) when bittrex jammed up earlier today. Don't ask me how it happened because I have no recollection, may be the valium and whiskey hangover, but I put through a 10k purchase at around 41... and then all of a sudden it's 33...

or maybe it didn't happen and I'm still drunk. I don't know anymore. Smiley
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:28:57 PM

Thank you for drawing my attention to this coin, it looks like a great project with a real good team surrounding it which means the coin has really great potential for the future.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
shyvm

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:01:35 PM

it seems that buying ardor with nxt is quite cheaper.
for 1000 ardor, u need 280 nxt (rate 0.2797). the current nxt price is 0.09$ in bittrex.

This doesn't seem right... Ardor is more expensive than NXT across every exchange. No way you get 1000 Ardor for less than 1000 NXT.
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:40:26 AM

for 1000 ardor, u need 280 nxt (rate 0.2797). the current nxt price is 0.09$ in bittrex.

You don't get ARDOR anymore with your NXT. That snap-shot is already over.
You will get IGNIS. It's the first child-currency that runs on Ardor.

So basically: If you had NXT some months ago, there was a snap-shot and you got ARDOR assets. For each asset you will get one ARDOR on the final chain.

Now there is an IGNIS-ICO, you can sell you NXT into it. If you're lucky, then the offer is taken and you get roughly 1.32 assets which represent IGNIS (not all offers are taken up, because there are too many).
There are still more rounds to come (all information is collected here). But if you don't take part or don't succeed, then you just keep your NXT and you will get 0.5 IGNIS additionally on the day of the launch.

What's the best deal? Hard to say. If you trust in the new launch, then you would want more IGNIS. But it might also drop in price... or NXT might go up, and then maybe keeping NXT would have been the better choice. People might also dump NXT in the thought that Ardor will take totally over. So yeah.
Either way, with all the money raised so far, the devs have given the guarantee that Nxt will be supported for 3 years at least. And since it is different from Ardor, there are still good use-cases for Nxt.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:27:39 AM

Wrong math, bro.  For 1000 ardor at the rate specified you need as much as ~2800 NXT. But indeed, ARDR is currently very cheap compared to that value where it should be.
Deus_ex_mach1na

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:27:01 AM

Ardor the most promising coin for short term investment, i expect growth of at least 40% in 3 days. Imho ofc, this is not a call to buy Wink
naska21

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:18:11 AM

Ardor the most promising coin for short term investment, i expect growth of at least 40% in 3 days. Imho ofc, this is not a call to buy Wink

I am doubt about short term, but for either  middle or  long  terms you are correct. It has a potential to grow to $1.
Archimedes

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:34:44 AM

I am doubt about short term, but for either  middle or  long  terms you are correct. It has a potential to grow to $1.

define what middle and long terms mean to you?
Cryptian

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:00:32 PM

Another great thread. Thanks for sharing.

I have some Ardor but Im getting some more now Wink
Ridiculously cheap if you consider the potential.

I actually think this is about as safe as a buy can get in the crypto space. The future for Blockchains as a service looks bright long term imho ...regardless of how hard they will try to regulate virtual currencies away, blockchains arent going anywhere. And Ardor is technily stronger than some others and pretty much the only one thats still so low (except for nxt)

btw: any thoughts on where Nxt will be going?

nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:20:50 PM

btw: any thoughts on where Nxt will be going?

perhaps you can find this article useful
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@skort/don-t-be-naive-nxt-and-the-ignis-ico
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:21:25 PM

Or this, from core dev: https://medium.com/@lyaffe/is-nxt-dead-3652fd39fcf7
d0r10n

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:08:50 AM

Thanks for that, was considering what to do about the whole thing, haev decided to just buy Ardor and hodl

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ░░▓▓ AXE Coin ▓▓░░   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
Masternodes › › ›   ░░▓▓▓▓░░   ‹ ‹ ‹  X11 Algo
DecentralizedACTIVE GITHUBAnonymous
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:32:26 AM

Thanks for that, was considering what to do about the whole thing, haev decided to just buy Ardor and hodl

I'm personally more bullish on Ardr than Ignis or Nxt...

Think about this:  Ardr holders can get fees from EVERY child chain on the Ardr platform by staking.

Imagine if you could collect tx fees from every erc20 token just by holding ethereum. 

They also have unannounced partners and pegged USD / EUR / BTC child chains that will be available on launch... sounds a lot like a bank to me. 

This is going to be good.
cupfish

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:44:40 AM

Any idea on when launch will be announced?
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:26:26 AM

Think about this:  Ardr holders can get fees from EVERY child chain on the Ardr platform by staking.

Imagine if you could collect tx fees from every erc20 token just by holding ethereum. 

They also have unannounced partners and pegged USD / EUR / BTC child chains that will be available on launch... sounds a lot like a bank to me. 

A little correction: Child chain fees in their native tokens will get bundlers, which can be anybody. Then bundlers must pay ARDR tokens to ARDR forgers, in order these child chain bundles to be included in ARDR main chain. You can read more about it at :https://www.jelurida.com/forging-bundling
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:27:21 AM

Any idea on when launch will be announced?

At least two weeks after Ignis ICO is finished, probably early November.
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:40:17 AM

A little correction: Child chain fees in their native tokens will get bundlers, which can be anybody. Then bundlers must pay ARDR tokens to ARDR forgers, in order these child chain bundles to be included in ARDR main chain. You can read more about it at :https://www.jelurida.com/forging-bundling

Sure, I see what you are saying... it's not exactly staking.  But if you hold enough ardr, you can run bundlers and collect fees from all child chains, yes?
Bittoshi

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:44:20 AM

I already invested in Ardor some months ago and now I am eagerly waiting for the start of the main chain in Q4 2017. I am sure it will be a success. I agree that it will be a good entry point now to buy (more) Ardor.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:47:04 AM

Sure, I see what you are saying... it's not exactly staking.  But if you hold enough ardr, you can run bundlers and collect fees from all child chains, yes?

Yes, anybody can be a bundler, if have some ARDR for including bundles into main chain. There is no special criteria to be a bundler.
naska21

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:46:31 AM

define what middle and long terms mean to you?

Starting from one year and further on. But with the launch of mainnet in 4Q ARDR will definitely shows the steady growth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: