Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:18:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategic investment  (Read 1372 times)
juddilio (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:00:36 PM

Hello community,

Like the subject says, Im seeking any kind of advice/tips for a strategic planning investment on altcoins.  I'm a beginner regarding to crypto investments, I've been around for while, however, I started investing only 2 months ago.

So, what I was thinking as a long term strategy could be:

- Each month, invest 250$ into a max of 6 altcoins (250$ for each)

I can only afford 250$, but I guess it is a plausible value to invest. I  like the idea if I can rotate 250$, each month, trough the 6 altcoins that I'm holding in order to increase the amount of coins, and get a higher ROI.

What are your opinions?  Should i diversify more instead of trying to get a higher amount of coins for the alts that Im holding?

Share your toughs with me.

my regards

ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:45:47 PM

No one can give a definitive answer to this question. Better to do research about any coin before you invest and decide whether to invest the total of your money in that or invest some of that in other coins. Some coins worth to invest much money in them, like Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Monero and waves.
agus_purno

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:10:32 PM

if spreading your money in various altcoin it can be very profitable but must already to the altcoin that already exist or trusted from the first such as litecoin, etherium, or others but if I prefer to invest money to Etherium as a whole I do not divide so the results are numerous

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:13:55 PM

It's up to your personal level of risk. Invest into the top 6 coins you should make slow steady returns. Gamble it on an ICO and perhaps make a big win a couple years from now. Personally I would do $200 in your choice of coins from the top 10, then the other $50 in some smaller market cap coins.
RieL

Activity: 290

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:26:46 PM

there is a lot of ways for different people and also based on thier experience as well but i cannot give a definitive answer to this type of question as of now. its better to do a research first about any coin that you want to invest in the near future and decide whether to invest the total of your money or invest it from other coins. There is some coins that it is worth to invest like ethereum, litecoin,dash , monero and waves.
Nalienn

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:32:17 PM

Hello community,

Like the subject says, Im seeking any kind of advice/tips for a strategic planning investment on altcoins.  I'm a beginner regarding to crypto investments, I've been around for while, however, I started investing only 2 months ago.

I can only afford 250$, but I guess it is a plausible value to invest. I  like the idea if I can rotate 250$, each month, trough the 6 altcoins that I'm holding in order to increase the amount of coins, and get a higher ROI.

What are your opinions?  Should i diversify more instead of trying to get a higher amount of coins for the alts that Im holding?

my regards

Trading, or rotating as you call it, is immensely difficult to do successful over a long period of time. It's easier to find coins with a strong team that are less likely to fall, but those will offer lower returns overall. It's up to you how much risk you want to take and since the amount you're investing is small on paper, you might want to take larger risks by picking out lower market cap coins that seem solid. But that's up to you, I don't know if $250 is a lot to you or not.
I'm personally investing rather risky because I know that I can get $200k per year jobs easily with my education and skill set, if I didn't have access to that I'd make sure to keep a good amount in Bitcoin for safety.

Basically, you need to figure out how much you are willing to lose at most in the worst case scenario and then play around that.
BlockchainGod

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:48:17 PM

To this question I can only answer you, because the problem lies in the risks that you can bear. Personally, I invest less than 2% in every coin except bitcoin and ether (in each of them I put 20%)

popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:53:01 PM

Besides of local roll up and down of altcoins there is a global roll up and down of all cryptocurrencies including bitcoin and etherium.
You need to learn first this question.

And my second advice.
From start of 2017 was very huge rise up of 80-90% cryptocurrencies. It was due to ICO. So the main idea to invest in some number of alts for super long term. And than wait next wave of global rise up off all cryptocurrencies. It can happen in end of this year or in 1 year. But I think it will be inevitable. So just hold some good altcoins and wait global rise up. And you can do 10-20x in next rise up.
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:55:02 PM

You have a good strategy, focus just on some potential coin. Buy every month, increase the buying on price decrease and decrease when its increased.

BlockchainGod

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:56:43 PM

I think that now it is not necessary to buy anything, better to wait and buy everything at once - from top of coins to altcoins.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

It's a good strategy if you can pick out good altcoins to invest in and not just buy them randomly.
The amount of money that you're putting aside is definitely enough to start investing, but I hope you also have another savings account besides that.

Always research every coin before you decide to buy, also don't sell at every price drop of course.

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:30:24 PM

Hello community,

my regards

Winning the game will depend on how the price behave. But since price is unpredictable no way you can set a monthly goals since earnings here is not fixed.

I know you know now some bacics on how to earn since you will not entered this game if your brain is empty of knowledge. You know like I said there is no fixed amount that can rotate like you want since sometimes price dump and pump can lasts longer or on the other hand, no price movement will happen for a month.

Just set it these way, whenever you win, circulate it. Diversfying it will be your own decision so you need to do an actual moves here and see if that will be effective.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
cryptopass

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:37:01 PM

It is a good strategy to invest in bitcoins instead of only buying it, because it is innovative and its demand is high and it is also expected to be registered in all stock exchanges soon.So, it is also expected that its market will be bull market.
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:04:56 PM

There is no strategy actally, it all depends on you but I suggest you to hold mostly bitcoins in your portfolio and few altcoins. This is a good strategy for long term.
100degrees

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:06:47 PM

BTC, and ETH making up a chunk, and then making 5 or so ALT coin purchases on what you feel are the best projects. Long term you have a good chance of benefiting from any overall rise in the market.

Rory

ZEEPIN CHAIN  ▩  Smart work, creative life  ▩  Creative Economy
Claim Your ZPT Token and Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◤ICO Starts January 18◥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 773

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:20:39 PM

Hello community,

my regards

Even diversifying wont really give any assurance that you would able to rotate or generate income on monthly basis because profits or loses would depend on how the coins would behave its price and also this would depend on what coin you did put your investment on.Selecting coins would be the hardest part which you would really need to research first before putting on some money not just carelessly select any coins that you do like.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:54:30 PM

If you're going straight to alt-coins then I wouldn't recommend that.  Do your own research but I'd recommend keeping some of that $250 into more 'stable' coins like bitcoin and ethereum.  You should also know that you're entering into a crazy period for crypto.  Bitcoin is the most established and  is one of the more stable coins, but in the last month it's gone from $4,000 to $5,000 to $4500 back to $4,800... and now it's gone down to $3,500.  It takes a lot of discipline to not panic at these times.

Based on your message it sounds like you're looking to buy-and-hold, not day trade... is that correct?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Nutt

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:47:28 PM

I like the strategy post.

First decide what is your goal.

Looking from the view that your money working for you and it must distributed interested to you.

Not struck in any strategy. Leave that strategy behind if it cannot provide profit.
amirsambudi

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:52:51 PM

in my opinion, try to start analyzing an ico and occasionally invest in pre-co, it makes you get a lot of bonuses, but this is certainly very risky, especially you have to compete with bounty hunter which makes the first price in the exchanger a little bit chaotic, just hold your tokens a few moments and you will see the price will be profitable

losoya

Activity: 428

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:49:24 PM

following developments and analyzing altcoin is very much needed in making decisions for investment, how you should take participation in ico success, this means you have to start building from scratch, this short time investment is very profitable but it could be detrimental.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀