Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:56:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL upgrade now offered on 5ghz orders.(screenshot) YES, IT'S BACK!!  (Read 10737 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:06:31 AM

I'm more worried the project will fail in ways so we all get refunded (my order was placed in early October).

This is flat out dreaming.
If you ever wanna see a a refund, better get it now, they obviously won't be able to cover for everyone.
You know they have been paying 25 employees, suppliers, facilities, Josh's life insurrance, a few Nexus 7 and fans, etc. for over a year using your "pre-order" money, right ?

Hell, the infamous quarter might even be yours...  Grin

Not to mention a warehouse supposedly full of entirely the wrong casings...

Don't forget the fans.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:13:41 AM

I'm more worried the project will fail in ways so we all get refunded (my order was placed in early October).

This is flat out dreaming.
If you ever wanna see a a refund, better get it now, they obviously won't be able to cover for everyone.
You know they have been paying 25 employees, suppliers, facilities, Josh's life insurrance, a few Nexus 7 and fans, etc. for over a year using your "pre-order" money, right ?

Hell, the infamous quarter might even be yours...  Grin

Not to mention a warehouse supposedly full of entirely the wrong casings...

Don't forget the fans.

Already listed. But maybe you thought I was talking about paying for fanboys to post all over with new accounts ?
Mmmmh.... You might be right, after all.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
modrobert

Activity: 355
Merit: 284

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 01:13:53 AM

I keep forgetting this is about money, when looking at this thread from another angle, instead thinking about those stock related "Buy now!" or "Sell now!" threads it all makes sense. These negative posts are all about maxing your own profits by making as many people as possible get refunds.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:00:17 AM

I keep forgetting this is about money, when looking at this thread from another angle, instead thinking about those stock related "Buy now!" or "Sell now!" threads it all makes sense. These negative posts are all about maxing your own profits by making as many people as possible get refunds.

Or... it is about protecting consumers from more harm. There are PLENTY of alternatives now to choose from. Why would anyone in their right mind continue having faith in BFL. Drop em quick before you get burned.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:04:49 AM

The 2Ghash per Jalapeno upgrade offer for $100 each is back online.  Looking at my order,  I paid $33 per Ghash.  The upgrade is priced at $50 per Ghash.  BFL will have to offer keener pricing.
peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:06:46 AM

The 2Ghash per Jalapeno upgrade offer for $100 each is back online.  Looking at my order,  I paid $33 per Ghash.  The upgrade is priced at $50 per Ghash.  BFL will have to offer keener pricing.

If I can add to my order in the current queue, I will buy as many GH @ $50 as I am able to.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:08:00 AM

If they took those refunds and bought Avalon or ASICMiner with them, the money would probably show up sooner in the network hash rate. So no, as a miner we would prefer if every single BFL investor left their funds in Josh's hands.

However, Bitcoin has to grow up at some point and that process means kicking to the curb the scammers and their prey.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:25:37 AM

The DIFFICULTY squeeze has been on for a while now.

At some point it will be pointless to buy BFL products lol.

But if the price continues to rise then their multiple 1000 BTC charity donations will cost that much more to pay.

BFL is caught in a hard spot. Well I'm glad that given they lied about their product specs and giving stupid delay information week after week they deserve everything that is on the horizon for them as a business.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:28:46 AM

It would be against the law if they touch my pre-order money. Unless they shipped my unit, they are not allowed to do so.

Once BFL goes belly up it will be interesting to see if they've broken this law.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:30:55 AM

Might be true for some of us. But most of us are just fed of with their constant lies and the lost profit since October 2012.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 10:06:29 AM

It would be against the law if they touch my pre-order money. Unless they shipped my unit, they are not allowed to do so.

Once BFL goes belly up it will be interesting to see if they've broken this law.

Now you did it! Just to prove that your pre-order money is safe and sound, BFL is now in the process of refunding it back to you. As soon as they reverse engineer your BT user account connecting it to your RL name on file, or getting the IP info from theymos using advertising moneys as a wedge.

Бoльшoй лжeц Чepтoв
peterepeat

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:19:00 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 11:29:04 AM by peterepeat

Remember they also have VC funding:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/6/prweb9611889.htm
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:35:29 PM

If this was actually true they would not need to make an announcement to take preorders right?

They would simply use VC funding to get the product produced then take actual orders.

Can't have it both ways. It makes no sense to.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

therustytrombone

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:11:01 PM

If I can add to my order in the current queue, I will buy as many GH @ $50 as I am able to.

You are a sucker.
dentldir

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:12:51 PM

It makes no sense for a VC funded business to reduce its risk profile?  Especially in a fixed window where they might not keep first to market advantage?

1DentLdiRMv3dpmpmqWsQev8BUaty9vN3v
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:36:34 PM

If this was actually true they would not need to make an announcement to take preorders right?

They would simply use VC funding to get the product produced then take actual orders.

Can't have it both ways. It makes no sense to.

- Claims to have VC funding for development of ASIC processors
- Announces pre-orders in June 2012 for tentative availability in 5 months (October 2012)
- On April 4th 2013, announces doubling of pricing across the board
- Presently May 29th 2013, no Single SCs or MiniRigs seen in the wild. No ETA possible due to continuing production issues
- Continue to take pre-orders funds with growing community concern of not being able to fulfill order queue in a reasonable timeframe
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:38:07 PM

They said they have VC funding. They did not mention which VC firm (or individual) invested in them. They did not mention how much was invested in them.
There were no filings to add people to their board (which is what happens when someone puts a chunk of money into a company).

You should examine other press releases by firms who have gotten venture backing. If it is good news, they always announce the name of the firm or individual and the amount that was invested. Moreover, the firm also announces the investment and places the company in their portfolio page. If the amount was paltry (like $100,000) then they probably just want to say "backed by VC" and let people presume that they have funding.

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:16:26 PM

They said they have VC funding. They did not mention which VC firm (or individual) invested in them. They did not mention how much was invested in them.
There were no filings to add people to their board (which is what happens when someone puts a chunk of money into a company).

You should examine other press releases by firms who have gotten venture backing. If it is good news, they always announce the name of the firm or individual and the amount that was invested. Moreover, the firm also announces the investment and places the company in their portfolio page. If the amount was paltry (like $100,000) then they probably just want to say "backed by VC" and let people presume that they have funding.

"Always"? You speak in a lot of absolutes... Ever heard of silent partners/investors? Not everybody who invests in a venture wants their name on the building, or in the newspapers.  Roll Eyes

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:20:54 PM

"Always"? You speak in a lot of absolutes... Ever heard of silent partners/investors? Not everybody who invests in a venture wants their name on the building, or in the newspapers.  Roll Eyes

VC firms don't generally do silent partner investments. We were talking about Venture Capital funds, not an angel round or rich uncle taking a stake etc.
There is no "stealth mode" consideration here since BFL has been broadcasting their intent and methods.

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:25:11 PM

VC firms don't generally do silent partner investments. We were talking about Venture Capital funds, not an angel round or rich uncle taking a stake etc.
There is no "stealth mode" consideration here since BFL has been broadcasting their intent and methods.

"Generally"... A minute ago it was "Always" now it's only "generally".

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: