Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:39:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i participate in the ICO without creating an Etherium address?  (Read 1394 times)
rooster2000bka

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:05:10 PM

I think! You can used other coin! Bitcoin, altcoin or other ( Waves, NXT, bitshare) but easy with EHT because this coin had smartcontract

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:16:43 PM

WHich ICO?

Depends on if they accept BTC instead OR if they require you use their platform of choice to receive your tokens.

ie., Foodcoin, Propy, LAToken, etc...
PokerDiceMan

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:47:17 PM

Any one can answer my question?

if ico project use etherum platform smart contract
you must create ETH addres, because youre receive coin, receive token use ETH addres
without ETH addres you can't receive coin/token

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Barbarian

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:53:17 PM

You should create an Ethereum address anyway. Understanding as much about blockchain tech as possible is important before investing in the space.

Most ICOs use Ethereum tokens, which require an Ethereum address, but as people mentioned some don't. Why limit yourself though?
This is the issue, why the op does not want to get an Ethereum address, may be he does not like Ethereum like many people in the forum and he prefers to not been involved with that coin at all if he can avoid it, or maybe he does not like the idea of creating an online wallet in myetherwallet.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:01:13 PM

If the ICO project is based on ETH platform then you cant do anything since they would really demand or asking your ETH address. Why would ask Waves address if the coins is Eth-based? Common sense please Smiley
As being said above most ico now are on eth which means you would really need to give them eth address.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:42:49 PM

You cannot have a definite answer to this query because most of the ICO are using Ethereum as the token creating platform and some of them are taking in coins only in Ethereum because of the ease of distribution ,it depends upon what kind of ICO you are choosing and these things change with each and every ICO .
isen99ono

Activity: 742
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:53:33 PM

I'm still trying to understand what that OP asks. why it complicates self, If he does not want to create an ETH address why not stay away from ICOs that is in the area ERC20 Although it will be difficult, as I see mostly ICO coming using ETH however not all in ETH there are still that others
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:15:04 AM

It's not possible because most ico issue tokens on ether platform because it doesn't cost much , they can set how much ever supply they want and sending the tokens to investors is also easy they just need to setup smart contract and it automatically sends the tokens to investors instantly currently no other platform offers something easier than this
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:27:18 AM

depending on which ICO you are going to invest
if they do not use smart contract ethereum, Maybe yes. you do not need an ethereum address, but if you participate in an ICO using smart contract ethereum you are required to have an ethereum address

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
Higginbotham

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:29:50 AM

You can still use some exchange services (send bitcoin and send ETH to the address you specified) or withdraw from the exchange. But pay attention to ICOs sending the token to the address you send.
There are wallets connected like a wave, and I think they also use erc20. You can keep your wallet safe and provide enough ethereum for the gas.
 ICOs do not require the address of etherium to essentially have their own blockchain and become altcoins instead of blockchain properties, they need to check their mainnet and more
tukangkopi

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:33:27 AM

Of course if you follow an ICO project that uses platform waves, otherwise if you join an ICO project that uses Ethereum platform.
Barbarian

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:34:57 PM

I'm still trying to understand what that OP asks. why it complicates self, If he does not want to create an ETH address why not stay away from ICOs that is in the area ERC20 Although it will be difficult, as I see mostly ICO coming using ETH however not all in ETH there are still that others
It would be nice if the op gave to us an explanation of why he is so against having an ETH address especially if we take into account the fact that creating one is very easy and it does not take any effort to create one especially if you use a wallet like my ether wallet.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:01:36 AM

It would be nice if the op gave to us an explanation of why he is so against having an ETH address especially if we take into account the fact that creating one is very easy and it does not take any effort to create one especially if you use a wallet like my ether wallet.

Well yeah, even a child that knows how to read can make their own wallet address.
Like don't get me wrong with this as I'm just being honest.
Anyway, it all depends on the ICO your joining, their token depends on which platform they choose to use.
Pick ICO that have waves platform so you'll not need to bother to create an eth address but you'll just find it hard to find as many ICO are base on ethereum platform.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:11:08 AM

it seems that Etherium address is needed now, because very many ico projects that use etherium as their payment platform, but waves also not lose competitiveness

Barbarian

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:15:24 PM

Well yeah, even a child that knows how to read can make their own wallet address.
Like don't get me wrong with this as I'm just being honest.
Anyway, it all depends on the ICO your joining, their token depends on which platform they choose to use.
Pick ICO that have waves platform so you'll not need to bother to create an eth address but you'll just find it hard to find as many ICO are base on ethereum platform.
No problem I understand you completely, creating an ETH wallet is as simple as creating an email, you just need to save your address and that is it, then you can buy any ico that you want that is based in Ethereum, personally when it comes to profits as long as the project is good I do not mind the platform that is using for its ico.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2926
Merit: 597

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:36:26 PM

You should know first if the ICO you are going to join are distributing ERC20 tokens. But not all the ICO's are depending on it and they have their very own wallet address. My friendly tip to you, before investing to an ICO learn to know more on what type of token they are going to distribute and it's not normal that you will invest into them without any enough background on what you are getting through.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:44:17 AM

yes indeed, most ICO always need an ethereum address to make a payment. but there are also some ICOs that accept the wallet address other than ethereum. it all depends on the ICO rules.
richcorner100

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

https://exip.live/

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:34:06 AM

Yes you can participate in ICO with other besides Ethereum address, like WAVES. this depends on the ICO project rules and what platforms are used to collect funds and pay back with tokens to the investors. But most ICO now use the Myetherwallet platform. And also there are some who use platform orderbooks.io for their token contribution.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:58:53 AM

Most of the new ICOs are using the ERC20 tokens based in ETH that's why you need a ETH wallet compatible with ERC20 to receive those tokens. Some ICOs also create their own wallets so they don't require a ETH address, but 90% of the new ICOs are using ERC20 as its way easy and cost efficient than creating their own wallet.
Barbarian

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:27:33 AM

You should know first if the ICO you are going to join are distributing ERC20 tokens. But not all the ICO's are depending on it and they have their very own wallet address. My friendly tip to you, before investing to an ICO learn to know more on what type of token they are going to distribute and it's not normal that you will invest into them without any enough background on what you are getting through.
Besides people need to know in which of the two ethereums the project is being created, I have seen people making the mistake of giving an ETC address when a ETH address was needed and it seems those people lost their coins forever so we need to be cautious about that.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: