Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:23:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] UbuMiner -Free Nvidia Linux Mining Build v0.81 : Simple / Clean / 14GB  (Read 5107 times)
hatch789 (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 05:49:27 PM

I did a bit more digging today and found that the default Ubuntu 16.04 install still utilizes the nouveau drivers.

So in some cases even though I did a clean build; it may fail booting up on various motherboards. To that end I have added a setting

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset"

This will hopefully be enough to eliminate issues that users may experience while booting up with my new build. I will test this later today on several of my new motherboards to see if it makes any difference.

I have also enabled journalctl so that we can more easily view where things get stuck if there are boot issues.

journalctl -b0 will show the current session's boot records
journalctl -b-1 will show the last session's boot records
journalctl -b-2 will show the 2nd to last session's boot records and so on

Thanks,
-Hatch -= http://UbuMiner.com =-
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chtat12

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:23:33 AM

Is it possible to flash .img file onto an empty partition? Right now my SSD has 2 partitions (dual boot): 1 for Windows and 1 for Ubuntu. I want to replace the Ubuntu with your OS instead. However HDDRawCopy won't let me choose just a partition as a target.
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:35:14 AM

Is it possible to flash .img file onto an empty partition? Right now my SSD has 2 partitions (dual boot): 1 for Windows and 1 for Ubuntu. I want to replace the Ubuntu with your OS instead. However HDDRawCopy won't let me choose just a partition as a target.
The image file itself includes the bootloader and multiple partitions.
hatch789 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 01:53:20 AM

Yes it is a complete image with bootloader and all. I'm not really sure how I could or would be able to separate out just a single partition and have it be useful to anyone; other than the odd case of wanting that partition for a dual boot (or more) setup.

So NameTaken, it sounds like you've looked at my build. I am running into a technical challenge that perhaps you could offer some advice. In trying to export my image for use I've tried:
A. Not having the nvidia drivers pre-installed; but then people run into errors with the goofy nouveau drivers in the bootup.
B. Pre-installing the nvidia drivers (v0.70) but then it gives a ton of PCI errors on certain newer motherboards.

I'm really wondering how others get around this and build an image if not by these 2 methods. I feel like I'm missing something easy to give you guys a clean bootup the first time; preferably with the nvidia drivers pre-installed.

Thanks,
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:13:03 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2017, 04:51:29 AM by NameTaken

Yes it is a complete image with bootloader and all. I'm not really sure how I could or would be able to separate out just a single partition and have it be useful to anyone; other than the odd case of wanting that partition for a dual boot (or more) setup.

So NameTaken, it sounds like you've looked at my build. I am running into a technical challenge that perhaps you could offer some advice. In trying to export my image for use I've tried:
A. Not having the nvidia drivers pre-installed; but then people run into errors with the goofy nouveau drivers in the bootup.
B. Pre-installing the nvidia drivers (v0.70) but then it gives a ton of PCI errors on certain newer motherboards.

I'm really wondering how others get around this and build an image if not by these 2 methods. I feel like I'm missing something easy to give you guys a clean bootup the first time; preferably with the nvidia drivers pre-installed.

I actually haven't used or downloaded this but was an educated assumption. I come from more of a sysadmin background that doesn't deal with graphics, audio, mouse, etc so not sure how much help I can provide. My rigs are running vanilla Ubuntu that are managed using ansible playbook. Raspberry Pi distros also come in image files so I wrote a shell function to mount just the root partition

Code:
imount(){
    if [ -n "$(findmnt /mnt)" ]; then
        sudo umount -vR /mnt
    fi
    sudo mount -vo offset=$[512*$(fdisk -l $1 | awk '/83/ && /Linux/ {print $2}')] $1 /mnt
}

then I can use qemu-arm-static and systemd-nspawn to boot it on my PC as a container.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 04:16:10 AM

btw have screenshot for this OS ?
i want try but i never used linux for mining soo i didnt know how to setting rigs for mine

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
hatch789 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 04:41:39 AM

btw have screenshot for this OS ?
i want try but i never used linux for mining soo i didnt know how to setting rigs for mine

Setting the rigs for mining is a simple matter of editing the .coin files for the various coins you want to mine. I built example .coin files already into the image so you can use those for starting you off. It seems the numbers are about 2x higher in OC settings than in windows. So if you have 100 core in windows you'd use 200 core here. Obviously I suggest starting a bit lower since the Linux drivers can be a bit unforgiving if you push the OC too far.

But in the end this is a very clean and simple way to manage the individual coins you're mining and the overclocking needs of those coins.

I'm trying very hard to get past this img issue and figure that out. That's why I have not put a new update out for 2 days. Still working on figuring out why people get stuck on boot with nvidia drivers pre-installed and also get stuck on nouveau drivers if I do NOT have the nvidia drivers pre-installed. -I have tried it both ways in search of a solution.

Thanks,
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:53:20 AM

0.71 cannot boot on my 4 cards rig, on which nvOC works well.
I got black screen at the first boot, restarted by hand after 10 minutes. after the second boot, it showed a ton of errors, I took a video and would like to send it to your email.
chtat12

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:34:06 AM

I got black screen at the first boot, restarted by hand after 10 minutes. after the second boot, it showed a ton of errors, I took a video and would like to send it to your email.

For the first boot, I had to unplug all my GPUs except the one connecting to display. Boot up, then I installed a driver (via the provided 1st script). Shutdown & plug everything in. Reboot. (Now it works for me.) Run 2nd script. And then edit the .coin file.
hatch789 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 04:05:14 PM

Yeah this sucks. I have worked probably a total of 280 hours on this build now over the past 2 months and it's SOOO nice. But if we can't figure out the boot instability then it's worthless to the rest off you. I don't want you guys to have to fight to get the first boot to work. That's insane!

So I am working hard to overcome this issue. Maybe fullzero is doing some magic with his kernel, maybe he is building his image off of a real machine where I am building my image from a VM? But the odd thing is the image I build v0.70 that had the nvidia drivers pre-installed; worked perfectly fine on two older motherboards and those rigs are operating and rebooting flawlessly every time.

My new Z270-A motherboards, I can't boot to that image without serious PCI errors all over the place! -So frustrating.

That's why I thought OK I'll let you guys do the nvidia driver install on your end during the First Boot script. It only takes 3 minutes so no big deal. But even this causes problems because then the darn nouveau drivers are causing people to hang on a purple or black screen. And again ...my Z270-A motherboards do this as well.

So I can see and reproduce the issue. I just need some suggestions of how to overcome it. What are nvOC and SimpleMining and that other one (forget the name) doing in their builds to allow people to boot with the drivers already installed? -I'm missing something critical here and once that's fixed you guys will have a really nice build to work with that we can all build upon together.

Thanks,
hatch789 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 04:11:01 PM

For the first boot, I had to unplug all my GPUs except the one connecting to display. Boot up, then I installed a driver (via the provided 1st script). Shutdown & plug everything in. Reboot. (Now it works for me.) Run 2nd script. And then edit the .coin file.

chtat12, you're a trooper. I applaud you for your patience in working with my build to get it mining on your system. I am sorry you had to go through all that. You shouldn't have to! -I want this to be super simple for you guys. But I am fighting with a kernel or driver issue here and need some Linux Guru's to help me figure out what's going on.

I don't want people to have to pull GPU's out of a working system to run my build. I have also had success by booting up the first time in SAFE Mode or whatever that 3rd option is called. I don't want people to have to do any of this crap! Sad It's all so very frustrating.

So I will continue to chip away at the problem. I'll continue to try to overcome the problem but if anyone has some help they can offer or some good information for me; that would be most appreciated.

Maybe I can force a NON-graphical First Boot that would then NOT load the nouveau drivers. This first boot could then be used to properly install the nvidia drivers on your system. Next boot could go to the GUI and continue as normal.

Ideas and suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
hatch789 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 08:03:00 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 02:11:55 AM by hatch789

Hello Everyone,

I've added a new version 0.72 that has some (hopeful) fixes for the issues experienced on boot-up ...seems as though the nouveau driver is being a bugger. If you can't boot cleanly the first boot, then use GRUB to boot into Recovery Mode. That will let you boot up and install the nvidia drivers.

Once they are installed you should be fine.

Here are the highlights of the v0.72 changes:

-After doing some research on a boot issue experienced by a user, I have now installed the "nomodeset" option in the GRUB boot loader.
   -Hopefully this will help with any black screen "lockups" on first boot that people were experiencing
   -We will need to all do some testing to determine if it helps with the nouveau lockups
   -Alternatively boot into Recovery Mode the first time to get the nvidia drivers first loaded then reboot normally after that
-Added the journalctl system to the setup. This will help us diagnose any odd boot issues people experience
   -journalctl -b0 will show the current session's boot records
   -journalctl -b-1 will show the last session's boot records
   -journalctl -b-2 will show the 2nd to last session's boot records and so on
   -Added a crontab option on each reboot to remove or clear the journal records above the last 10. Helps keep the journal size small
-Added the pci=nomsi kernel option to the /etc/default/grub file so that the PCI errors that are sometimes generated with newer motherboards are eliminated
-Did some work to clean up the crontab file and add comments
-Performed some system updates through aptitude to keep the build up to date and fresh for everyone

Thanks,
hatch789 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:13:54 PM

Sorry I have been crazy busy lately guys. Has anyone tried v0.72 on their rigs? I am hoping some people will have favorable results without needing to use Recovery Mode to get past their first boot. I will be doing some more testing this weekend and making adjustments as necessary.

Thanks,
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:16:10 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 07:28:36 AM by minerja

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been a programmer for over 30 years and have always enjoyed the Open Source mentality as well as the community. I work in “Open Source” all the time with other various projects. I have worked with Linux and LAMP development for decades; I’m not Linux Giant but I like to think I can hold my own!

I started getting into Cryptocurrency Mining back in May 2017. It was a fascinating new world to me and I dove in with wide-eyed wonder. Originally I started with my windows “Gaming” system, but quickly moved into working on implementing mining within Linux. I searched all around for good LINUX builds that were free and easily implemented. I ran across Simple Miner. Tried it for a while but didn’t want to pay the monthly fee per rig. I then found nvOC and enjoyed working with that for the better part of 2 months. I have learned a lot over these past few months and want to thank Fullzero for the amazing build that he has developed.

I am finally at the point where I’d like to release my own FREE project that I have been developing for the past few months. My build is still in very EARLY stage development so please install it on a test machine and approach this build with the understanding that I’m looking for feedback and input. MANY other things will be added in the future but I have at least built a solid foundation and wanted to share that with the community.

I would like to introduce you to UbuMiner, short for Ubuntu Miner!
http://UbuMiner.com  : Download link is at the bottom of the page.
If you are interested in seeing the full Version History: http://UbuMiner.com/Download/VersionHistory

Since this is a complete O/S image, you need to make sure you clear Secure Boot keys from your bios the first time you boot up with UbuMiner.

IMPORTANT: Right now I do not have my own motherboard list for specific BIOS settings; but my list would be very similar to the list that Fullzero provides in the first page of his nvOC thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.0

To burn the image use one of the following:
Windows - HDD Raw Copy (Portable) from HDDGuru.com ( http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/HDDRawCopy1.10Portable.exe )
Linux - use ETCHER found at ( https://etcher.io/ )

At this point I've only tested UbuMiner with Nvidia drivers, but it would probably work just fine for AMD GPU's as well. I do not have any new AMD GPU's to test with so I can't really check into this option ...yet. You're welcome to have a go at that if you like!

Login: miner (automatically does this)  PW: hash
id_rsa private keys already installed and UbuMiner.ppk is included in the Download folder for you to use with Putty if you like. These keys let you ssh, rsync and scp into your miners without typing a password! –Super nice.

WARNING: If you expose your UbuMiner builds to the internet, make sure you change the default password and set a STRONG new one; then you should generate a fresh new set of id_rsa keypairs for your personal use. Lastly, I would also advise you change the default ssh port 22 in /etc/ssh/sshd_config to something else random.

Major Benefits:
  • Incredibly easy setup with individual overclocking for all cards on a per COIN basis –Yes individually overclock for any COIN you want to mine
  • The entire build will fit on a 16GB USB stick! It's only about 14G in size to ensure it fits! Gparted is installed so you can resize for larger USB sticks.
  • All “miner” executables are in a Workers directory ~/Mining/Workers so its super easy to add more as needed
  • Built in aliases (type alias to see them all)
  •     Just type [mine] to start mining  --do this manually at first before enabling the crontab stuff (see below).
  •     Type [gpus] to check your gpu’s on the system
  • CoinOptions control file
  •     Mining is controlled by the CoinOptions file in the Mining directory
  •     Every time a new .coin file is added to a mining directory the mine.sh script automatically updates the CoinOptions file for you
  •     If you totally mess up your CoinOptions file, just delete it; the mine.sh script will re-create it for you
  •     Crontab calls the mine.sh script on startup (after a 20 second delay) so mining auto-starts on reboot
  •     You can and SHOULD keep the crontab auto-mining feature turned OFF until you are sure everything is working properly by manual mining tests.
  • .coin files –Hoping you guys LOVE this feature!
  •     These are very small and simple miner configuration files that you setup for each COIN you want to mine.
  •     I will be asking users to submit their .coin files (and miner directories) for inclusion in the master build distributions. Right now I have 4 setup but SIGT does not work just yet…
  •     Absolutely the bare minimum required for the miner to be configured and run. YEAH!!!
  •     You can actually execute the various .coin files right from their miner directory for initial setup testing. It will run directly without hiding the output in SCREEN this makes troubleshooting very nice until you get all the parameters setup properly
  •     Look for *.coin files and edit these to suit your individual Rig Needs
  •     You can have unlimited .coin files inside of a specific miner directory
  • Built in backup features for full miner and coin backups
  •     [backup] –use this alias to make a FULL backup of your UbuMiner system
  •     [coinback] –use this alias to just backup your .coin files. This is SUPER helpful to save your coin files in case you want to install a completely new build version
  •     You just untar your .coin files on the new build and you’re back in business.
  •     The full miner backup can then be EXPORTED to any existing system you like
  • This build can actually be dropped right on top of an existing Ubuntu (and possibly other) build. I know because I did it on my main server that I've had for years. It worked perfectly.
Remember this build is brand new so please be kind and understanding that I'm still in the early stage of development. But it's time to release to the public and start getting feedback. I would like to add a bunch of new miners to the build so send them to me as soon as you have them working and I'll put them into the build!

Reply in this thread with questions and feedback. I would ask that you do this instead of PM ...I want to let your questions benefit the community.

Thank you!
-Hatch

Some of my other Open Source stuff: http://OUPower.com

Hi,
LOVE the idea or this project, but i need to get a moan off my chest first.
As a complete noob to linux, i find as with all linux stuff, it completely overpromises and underdelivers.

Downloaded ubuminer, and usb imager....worked...bootable usb stick
booted from usb stick
Looks, good, in 640x480 for some reason, but "run on 1st boot", and "run on 2nd boot" looks promising.
So, into settings / display, and ouch..."built in display" is highlighted, can only see 1/4 of the screen, and only 640x480 res.
Ok, so run "run on 1st boot", yeah, installs some gpu drivers
reboot, same issue, stuck in 640x480, cannot alter...no use
run's "run on 2nd boot", follow defaults, but not touch crontab (whatever that is)
reboots
re runs "run on 2nd boot", this time follows instructions, and removes "#" and erm, then erm, what now ? Closes screen.
reboots, "run on 2nd boot", checks cronstab....has not saved change.....trys 1 more time, then realises its not saying, and i don't know how to save edit....no prompts, no instructions.

Comes on here, and no one else seems to have this problem, so makes me feel thick...good start

Strangely enough, i have managed to install a VM Box on win 7, and install ubuntu, and somehow build ccminer, and other files (more luck that anything), and yet each time i touch Linux, i find same issue.
Some absolutely brilliant, hard working, dedicated people, who for some reason, as hard as they try, cannot seem to tame the "linux beast" so complete idiots like me can actually use it.
I appreciate i'm going to get "flamed" over this, but much as i love windows, i am genuinly happy to try all alternatives, but when a text editor doesnt even show you the commands to save on exit, it is a struggle, when people write just type"mine" and you have to goole it because they mean just type "./mine".

Anyway, if someone can possibly tell me when i have deleted the "#", how i save the file, that would be great, and how on earth do i change the resolution (why the hell it doesn't just auto detect my 1080p monitor), i'd love to actually try this software, mainly becuase the idea behind it is not only great, but it is exactly how i would like to approach and organise my own mining system.

Anyways, sorry if been a little harsh / petty, but sometimes i feel linux is dos without common sense.
Looking forward to getting running, and been able to post some good positive findings.

J

Update, managed to type@mine@ and i get this

"UbuMiner v0.72

Mining ZEN Coins with zm_0.3.2 starting in 20 seconds...

TEST Mode: The miner will not exit from SCREEN automatically when it terminates.
It will wait for you to type [exit] to terminate the screen.

This is done so you can see errors with your miner if it crashes!

Press ENTER to start Mining now or CTRL-C to stop
sudo: nvidia-smi: command not found
/home/miner/Mining/execute.sh: line 12: nvidia-settings: command not found
/home/miner/Mining/execute.sh: line 13: nvidia-settings: command not found

Executing:
./zm --server us.zenmine.pro --port 9009 --user znhasBQy3fZUVTpQUd7JkYdgRHUskCcwyiC.miner

Type: screen -r miner to check on Mining Progress.

TEST Mode: The miner will not exit from SCREEN automatically when it terminates.

This is done so you can see errors with your miner if it crashes!"

What is going on? I followed steps 1 and 2, and got no errors.
Pi is FX6300, gigabyte board, and 2x750ti's, and Ubuntu 14.04 thru 17.04 all install perfectly well...
J
minerja

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:02:51 AM

Update.

Re-booted and re ran "run on 1st boot" , selected "Y" to install drivers, blah blah, installed, no errors, re-bboted....repeat 3 times

On 4th time, same actions, diff result...driver install took considerably longer, and now i have a 1080p destop...yippee

ran "mine@ and got this
==================================================================
miner@miner:~/Mining$ mine

UbuMiner v0.72

Mining ZEN Coins with zm_0.3.2 starting in 20 seconds...

Press ENTER to start Mining now or CTRL-C to stop

Persistence mode is already Enabled for GPU 00000000:01:00.0.
All done.

Provided power limit 75.00 W is not a valid power limit which should be between 30.00 W and 38.50 W for GPU 00000000:01:00.0
Terminating early due to previous errors.
Persistence mode is already Enabled for GPU 00000000:07:00.0.
All done.

Provided power limit 75.00 W is not a valid power limit which should be between 30.00 W and 38.50 W for GPU 00000000:07:00.0
Terminating early due to previous errors.
No devices were found

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:2' (No targets match target
       specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:2]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:2' (No targets match target
       '[gpu:2]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=000'.

No devices were found
No devices were found

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:3' (No targets match target
       '[gpu:3]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:3' (No targets match target
       '[gpu:3]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=000'.

No devices were found
No devices were found

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:4' (No targets match target
       '[gpu:4]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:4' (No targets match target
       '[gpu:4]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=000'.

No devices were found
No devices were found

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:5' (No targets match target
       '[gpu:5]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:5' (No targets match target
       '[gpu:5]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=000'.

No devices were found
No devices were found

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:6' (No targets match target
       '[gpu:6]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:6' (No targets match target
       '[gpu:6]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=000'.

No devices were found

Executing:
./zm --server us.zenmine.pro --port 9009 --user znhasBQy3fZUVTpQUd7JkYdgRHUskCcwyiC.miner

Type: screen -r miner to check on Mining Progress.

================================================

when i run "gpus" i get this

=================================
miner@miner:~/Mining$ gpus
   Bus Address: 0000:00:01.0
   Bus Address: 0000:00:1c.3
   Bus Address: 0000:08:1c.4
   Bus Address: 0000:00:1c.5
   Bus Address: 0000:00:1c.6
   Bus Address: 0000:00:1c.7
Fri Sep 29 04:01:44 2017       
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 384.90                 Driver Version: 384.90                    |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 750 Ti  On   | 00000000:01:00.0  On |                  N/A |
| 51%   61C    P0    25W /  38W |   1534MiB /  1999MiB |    100%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
|   1  GeForce GTX 750 Ti  On   | 00000000:07:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 46%   57C    P0    26W /  38W |   1352MiB /  2000MiB |    100%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| Processes:                                                       GPU Memory |
|  GPU       PID   Type   Process name                             Usage      |
|=============================================================================|
|    0       985      G   /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg                           140MiB |
|    0      1554      G   compiz                                        41MiB |
|    0      2171      C   ./zm                                         446MiB |
|    0      2286      C   ./zm                                         446MiB |
|    0      2653      C   ./zm                                         446MiB |
|    1      2171      C   ./zm                                         446MiB |
|    1      2286      C   ./zm                                         446MiB |
|    1      2653      C   ./zm                                         446MiB |

So, erm, what now, how and where do i go to alter power settings?

making progress...baby steps, but progress
J
minerja

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:05:12 AM

oh, and sceen is real laggy...scrolling down this box takes seconds, in stages....never had that before with ubuntu....weird
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:11:23 AM

so in this OS's current state what does it offer that others do not? ethos does both AMD and NVidia, so why make one yourself that only plays to a smaller part of the crypto mining community? you are in fact losing out on a lot by doing so

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
minerja

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:31:04 AM

so in this OS's current state what does it offer that others do not? ethos does both AMD and NVidia, so why make one yourself that only plays to a smaller part of the crypto mining community? you are in fact losing out on a lot by doing so

Don't you have to pay for ethos?
minerja

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:38:50 AM

Update,

Finally acheived some mining.
laggy screen was becuase it was mining in the background...i missed the "screen -r miner"...stoopid me
mind you that doesn't even need discussing....i ran in and it said i had several screens to pick from, took me 20 mins to work out the command, and then when i did, and i closed it, it said it would terminate the program, but using sysman i could see it hadn't. In fact i ended up with 3 mining sessions, no wonder it was laggy.

So yet agin very heard to recommend, why it every linux so dumd, why do i need to use screen -r 2310.miner  gobblydygook....and when i do it closes the first window.
Why can't it just launch like ccminer does under ubuntu?

Also the ccminer including i am guessing doesn't work on lower than compute 5.2. cos it doesn't work on my 750ti's (compute 5.0).
Could you please put in an older ccminer, cos the 750ti's are great little cards to try.
Oh sussed out the power thingy, not sure why i have to drop power to max of 38.5w when the cards are 75w cards.
All in all, i think it's not a bad attempt, but just too darn fussy, and i agree with the above guy, where are all the other miners, how's about chucking in a decent cpu miner too.

Well, still having fun, still testing, hopefully will progress...oh and i mined 0.002 zencoins for you Smiley
hatch789 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 05:25:49 PM

OK Minerja,

I will get to you in a moment. LOTS Of stuff going on there that I can easily help you with. Thank you for your feedback. I'm not mad; it is just hard for someone in developer shoes to see the problems that newbies will have so that's why I'm asking for people to test it. You my friend have done just that and I'll help you work through each of your issues. Because if you're having those issues, so are others!

Let me figure out where to start and I'll begin chewing through your issues.

Thanks,
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: