Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:36:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POW] [MSR] Masari - simple, scalable, and secure cryptocurrency  (Read 85176 times)
sstercan

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:09:01 PM

Hi all,

We're at 20180 blocks! To celebrate the 20k block milestone, I've versioned a minor release v0.1.1.0 that has some important bug fixes and introduces some wallet features.

Details: https://github.com/masari-project/masari/releases/tag/v0.1.1.0

Binaries
Linux - https://github.com/masari-project/masari/releases/download/v0.1.1.0/masari-linux-x64-v0.1.1.0.tar.gz
Windows - https://github.com/masari-project/masari/releases/download/v0.1.1.0/masari-win-x64-v0.1.1.0.zip
MacOs - coming soon!

Cheers,
Thaer

we want version 1.0 at 200k block Smiley
go masari !!!
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thaer (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:46:22 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 05:07:24 PM by thaer

We've partnered up with our first exchange! SouthXchange now lets you trade MSR/USD and MSR/BTC (https://www.southxchange.com/Market/Book/MSR/BTC)

Happy trading!

Cheers,
Thaer
TheKryptonian

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:10:23 PM

We've partnered up with our first exchange! SouthXchange now lets you trade MSR/USD and MSR/BTC (https://www.southxchange.com/Market/Book/MSR/BTC)

Happy trading!

Cheers,
Thaer

That's incredible!! You got a CryptoNote coin listed! No one has been able to do that!!  Let's hope it's a good up-and-coming exchange, it will need time to build reputation.

Just being listed might make this one of the more valuable CryptoNotes out there.  Though I hope some of the others (Iridium, etc.) try to get listed too, it will be good for the ecosystem.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
thaer (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:48:30 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 03:35:14 AM by thaer

Happy trading!

Cheers,
Thaer

That's incredible!! You got a CryptoNote coin listed! No one has been able to do that!!  Let's hope it's a good up-and-coming exchange, it will need time to build reputation.

Just being listed might make this one of the more valuable CryptoNotes out there.  Though I hope some of the others (Iridium, etc.) try to get listed too, it will be good for the ecosystem.

SouthXchange has a simple UI with great functionality, it will be a great contender in the market as it grows further (2 years old)!

While getting listed is great, the main objective is exposure attracting miners to improve network security by increasing the hash rate!

It's clear that Masari as a Monero fork, where there are *almost* no others in this space, designed to use the latest network protocol, it has a significant competitive advantage in terms of value to the user. This coin will further prove itself when we further differentiate through technological advancements by delivering simpler interfaces that will help mass adoption!
miyagiman

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:30:02 AM

Hey, it seems like I get an error when I run the wallet. I've already synced the blockchain. It says "Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon: http:lvalhost:38081...." Is there anyway to fix this or should I just delete the blockchain and resync it?
thaer (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:56:27 AM

Hey, it seems like I get an error when I run the wallet. I've already synced the blockchain. It says "Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon: http:lvalhost:38081...." Is there anyway to fix this or should I just delete the blockchain and resync it?

Is masarid running? you'll need the daemon to be running for the wallet to work - let me know if that helped!
oslak

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:51:38 AM

I have questions about this coin.

1. Who are the developers? Are the developers committed on this coin? How many are you?
2. Which monero-fork can you compare Masari?
3. There are just too many cryptonote coin launches this month.  Is this superior on other bytecoin forks out there?
4. It is suspicious to have the developer mine the first 4k blocks, How are you going to manage that huge amount of coins. Is it for bounty, development, marketing or personal pocket?
    (but personally I think thats better than to have pre-mine. At least you consume resources in getting that amount of coins)
5. What's your plan? Is there any or just pull commits on monero?
6. How competent are the developers? skill and knowledge-wise?

I'm sure I'm not the only one having these questions. Hope you can give some light on doubters.

Thanks.
Vkilu

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:34:17 AM

Masari - secure, private, untraceable, and fungible cryptocurrency... nice project  Wink
miyagiman

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:36:54 PM

Is masarid running? you'll need the daemon to be running for the wallet to work - let me know if that helped!

Alright cool yeah! I didn't know you had to have masarid running, that fixes it. Thanks for the help!
MigueLoco

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:54:21 PM

pleace need comand on wallet to send my MSR to southxchange  and need id paid.
sorry my english
from argentina
tks
jbmustaq

Activity: 445

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:02:56 PM

transfer 1 walletID no. of coins like below

transfer 1 5iPpUjJgUSt411CVPdwARybFYFwYUXMT4pS4BCLpZGQ5x9byHGWVsgATkCqGKYAi4Rod2bgZdYuoC  100

it will send 100 coins.
daninimmer

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:10:34 PM

transfer 1 walletID no. of coins like below

transfer 1 5iPpUjJgUSt411CVPdwARybFYFwYUXMT4pS4BCLpZGQ5x9byHGWVsgATkCqGKYAi4Rod2bgZdYuoC  100

it will send 100 coins.

pleace need comand on wallet to send my MSR to southxchange  and need id paid.
sorry my english
from argentina
tks

Transfer to southxchange also needs ID!!

transfer 1 5iPpUjJgUSt411CVPdwARybFYFwYUXMT4pS4BCLpZGQ5x9byHGWVsgATkCqGKYAi4Rod2bgZdYuoC  100 dasdkjdaskjdhaskdjhasdasda

The two parameters are obtained in southxchange / deposits
MigueLoco

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:54:53 PM

[wallet 5nihVV]: transfer 12 5pbmUje6RAoTxscxtLDKXZLMcaKoHe8er5J6ZHATfVupbt3Cs1FGuia4CPGurGr15N9RTxGxZ9CEzVN cMrNgEarzKsajAGZ 8 6c8f149632404af9ab8f136ee87f223b706dc677735c4689b2294116ecc2e1ba
Wallet password: ************
Error: failed to parse address
[wallet 5nihVV]:

help
thaer (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:21:12 PM

1. Who are the developers? Are the developers committed on this coin? How many are you?
3. There are just too many cryptonote coin launches this month.  Is this superior on other bytecoin forks out there?
4. It is suspicious to have the developer mine the first 4k blocks, How are you going to manage that huge amount of coins. Is it for bounty, development, marketing or personal pocket?
    (but personally I think thats better than to have pre-mine. At least you consume resources in getting that amount of coins)

I'm sure I'm not the only one having these questions. Hope you can give some light on doubters.

Thanks.

Hi oslak,

1. I'm the main developer, with two more core developers being on-boarded - updates will be posted when things are set in stone.
2. This is noted in the first post - Masari uses Monero's v0.11.0.0 release, and everything has been refactored to use the latest protocol (with minor adjustments). The only other Monero forks out there are Aeon, and Sumokoin, with Masari being more comparable to Aeon.
3. Short answer, yes. Bytecoin forks are a dime a dozen because of the Forknote project, and Monero is superior in all regards.
4. This concern has been also noted in the first post: Masari had no pre-announcement, but was announced promptly nonetheless (< 5 days, delayed by logistics and infrastructure requirements).
  - The network was public before announcement on Bitcointalk and had almost a 2 kH/s hash rate (~15-20 machines).
  - There will be over 2.6 million blocks before tail emission kicks in - the 4k blocks in contention are insignificant (~0.5%), are unheard of as a "pre-mine", and there are already individual early miners in the public pools that hold a higher percentage of coins than that (there are ~22k blocks mined at the moment) .
  - I've spent over $1,000 in initial infrastructure cost this last month, everything has been out of pocket, will continue to be for some time, and I've asked no help regarding this matter.
5. Please read the announcement page, as it outlines first initiatives for Masari.
6. My industry experience has mostly revolved around Distributed Systems, and I've noted the relevant experience of others to be involved in the announcement page.

I've already touched on all of these in the announcement page, so please give it a read.

I hope these answer your questions, and feel free to come chat with me and the community in our Slack group!

Cheers,
Thaer
thaer (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:36:12 PM

[wallet 5nihVV]: transfer 12 5pbmUje6RAoTxscxtLDKXZLMcaKoHe8er5J6ZHATfVupbt3Cs1FGuia4CPGurGr15N9RTxGxZ9CEzVN cMrNgEarzKsajAGZ 8 6c8f149632404af9ab8f136ee87f223b706dc677735c4689b2294116ecc2e1ba
Wallet password: ************
Error: failed to parse address
[wallet 5nihVV]:

help

You'll need to use the transfer command in this order: transfer <address> <amount> <payment_id>

you have two amounts in the command above - if you're trying to send 12, use the following (using your example above):
Code:
transfer 5pbmUje6RAoTxscxtLDKXZLMcaKoHe8er5J6ZHATfVupbt3Cs1FGuia4CPGurGr15N9RTxGxZ9CEzVNcMrNgEarzKsajAGZ 12 6c8f149632404af9ab8f136ee87f223b706dc677735c4689b2294116ecc2e1ba
thaer (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:03:23 PM

Pre-mine,coins per block???
 Huh Huh

There's no pre-mine (genesis block: https://msrchain.net/tx/d312b4f045b112a442fed53729f6817f1d9cde0a37098f0e9246cdb5c1cbd0c6). The block reward is "smoothly varying", starts at  35.184372088831 and will slowly decrease over time until we reach a floor of 0.6 Masari per block (0.3 / minute), and that will be the "tail emission" rate moving forward (reached in 10 or so years).
jbmustaq

Activity: 445

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:48:14 PM

Hello,

I don't mind Dev to have mined few coins for working hard by giving time on creating this coin which every other person is questioning and on top of that mining as well.

To some people it would be difficult pill to swallow but 90% of the people don't bother to look at the premine and start mining.

If you look at sumokoin it was heavily mined and still people are mining and earning profit so people who say Dev is not good or did not do good or it's a scamcoin why bother saying just go mine other coin why waste your time complaining when other person is working hard to create this coin stable.
lexphor

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:53:35 PM

Hello,

I don't mind Dev to have mined few coins for working hard by giving time on creating this coin which every other person is questioning and on top of that mining as well.

To some people it would be difficult pill to swallow but 90% of the people don't bother to look at the premine and start mining.

If you look at sumokoin it was heavily mined and still people are mining and earning profit so people who say Dev is not good or did not do good or it's a scamcoin why bother saying just go mine other coin why waste your time complaining when other person is working hard to create this coin stable.

Couldn't agree more.
thaer (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:43:11 PM

Hello,

Couldn't agree more.

@jbmustaq @lexphor thank you for the kind words! I feel that it's a vocal minority that can paint the discourse in a way the silent majority may disagree with.

While some are unwarranted (like the attempt to deface the project by @micronotecoin), the rest I think is mostly sensitivity to potential value for early adopters.
There's a great blog post I've read recently that touches on this with respect to the network effect for cryptocurrencies, https://blog.blockonomics.co/predicting-the-path-for-bitcoin-c9d27b28df8 - it's an interesting perspective!
oslak

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:15:19 AM

3. There are just too many cryptonote coin launches this month.  Is this superior on other bytecoin forks out there?

Thanks.

Hi oslak,

1. I'm the main developer, with two more core developers being on-boarded - updates will be posted when things are set in stone.
2. This is noted in the first post - Masari uses Monero's v0.11.0.0 release, and everything has been refactored to use the latest protocol (with minor adjustments). The only other Monero forks out there are Aeon, and Sumokoin, with Masari being more comparable to Aeon.
3. Short answer, yes. Bytecoin forks are a dime a dozen because of the Forknote project, and Monero is superior in all regards.
4. This concern has been also noted in the first post: Masari had no pre-announcement, but was announced promptly nonetheless (< 5 days, delayed by logistics and infrastructure requirements).
  - The network was public before announcement on Bitcointalk and had almost a 2 kH/s hash rate (~15-20 machines).
  - There will be over 2.6 million blocks before tail emission kicks in - the 4k blocks in contention are insignificant (~0.5%), are unheard of as a "pre-mine", and there are already individual early miners in the public pools that hold a higher percentage of coins than that (there are ~22k blocks mined at the moment) .
  - I've spent over $1,000 in initial infrastructure cost this last month, everything has been out of pocket, will continue to be for some time, and I've asked no help regarding this matter.
5. Please read the announcement page, as it outlines first initiatives for Masari.
6. My industry experience has mostly revolved around Distributed Systems, and I've noted the relevant experience of others to be involved in the announcement page.

I've already touched on all of these in the announcement page, so please give it a read.

I hope these answer your questions, and feel free to come chat with me and the community in our Slack group!

Cheers,
Thaer

Thaer,

Thanks for the response. Please don't let my candidness offend you.

Other than desire to make this technology reach more public, I assume your group knows how RCT works and Masari will implore R&D to further improve it? My question on item4 is how the funds(4k blocks) will be managed but I can't find any concise response. Creating and launching a blockchain always espouse resources from its creator. Selling some funds to recover your out of pocket and for maintenance of infrastructure is understandable.

Good luck on your project. I hope for your success. I will be mining and buying some.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: