View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:13:50 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 12:02:47 AM by chydenius

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitchris

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:22:23 PM

Not sure, but maybe you could get the word out to the developers via the twitter channels referenced in the article? I'm not a twitter user, so I'm not sure if this is possible.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:22:52 PM

And that is related to Bitcoin... how ?

This topic should be deleted or moved.

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:36:21 PM

Because this is exactly the problem bitcoin will solve!

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:40:03 PM

Because this is exactly the problem bitcoin will solve!
Sorry, not close enough.

Somebody please delete this topic.

Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:40:57 PM

It's relevant, but it shouldn't be in the press section.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:43:29 PM

Do they mention the word "bitcoin"? IF not, it DOESN'T BELONG HERE!

MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!

rizq

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:01:29 PM

It is related to bitcoin because bitcoins would solve that problem, the problems argentinians are having with their government and currencies.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:41:53 PM

It is related to bitcoin because bitcoins would solve that problem, the problems argentinians are having with their government and currencies.

So? The press section is about bitcoin, not about events that are related to bitcoin but otherwise have nothing to do with bitcoin.

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:24:02 PM

I'm posting on the assumption that the thread will be moved (yea) rather than deleted (boo).

The story is all over the Net now, with lots of propaganda/spin of various kinds floating around.

Here's one link that appears to be a bit closer to the source: http://www.redusers.com/noticias/google-cancela-los-pagos-a-los-desarrolladores-argentinos/
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:37:34 PM

bitcoin wont solve the problem. WTF are you talking about? Did you read? Thats like saying google can pay the developers in marijuana and that will solve the problem because it is outside of the control and scope of the state.

bullshit.

In this case, bitcoin is no fucking different than dollars except dollars have a bigger infrastructure.

seriously, folks saying bitcoin will solve this, walk me through what the fuck you mean as if I eat paint chips for a living. Because basically you are advocating that google break local laws in order to solve their local law problem.

I do say this applies to bitcoin as Argentinian bitcoin miners are breaking the law every time they sell their coins and dont get permission from the government first. Since you know, bitcoin, like us dollars is a currency.. and the illegally is currency exchange. I supposed bitcoin would be a solution if bitcoin was adopted en-mass in Argentina and the government allowed it. I mean if you could pay your rent with bitcoin you wouldnt have to exchange it for Argentina dollars. OTherwise it has the exact same problems dollars do.

mooo for rent
StarfishPrime

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:20:57 PM

bitcoin wont solve the problem. WTF are you talking about? Did you read? Thats like saying google can pay the developers in marijuana and that will solve the problem because it is outside of the control and scope of the state.

bullshit.

In this case, bitcoin is no fucking different than dollars except dollars have a bigger infrastructure.

seriously, folks saying bitcoin will solve this, walk me through what the fuck you mean as if I eat paint chips for a living. Because basically you are advocating that google break local laws in order to solve their local law problem.

I do say this applies to bitcoin as Argentinian bitcoin miners are breaking the law every time they sell their coins and dont get permission from the government first. Since you know, bitcoin, like us dollars is a currency.. and the illegally is currency exchange. I supposed bitcoin would be a solution if bitcoin was adopted en-mass in Argentina and the government allowed it. I mean if you could pay your rent with bitcoin you wouldnt have to exchange it for Argentina dollars. OTherwise it has the exact same problems dollars do.

Actually, if you read the article, the problem is with the location (Argentina) of the developers and their bank accounts. Google actually specifically suggested in the letter to developers that they open a bank account in a different jurisdiction so that they could receive payment. In other words, if Google offered payment in BTC, there would be no problem at all. No one in Argentina is prohibited from receiving any kind payment anywhere else in the world of course, it is their personal responsibility alone to declare it when they receive it and/or exchange it if their government requires it. Pretty much like every other country in the world.

They'll have no trouble at all exchanging BTC in Argentina.

¦                     
  ¦    ¦¦¦               
¦¦  ¦¦¦¦                 
                             ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦
                          ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦                     
                         ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                  ¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦    ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                   ¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦
                ¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
        ¦¦¦¦         ¦        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦¦          ¦      ¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦         ¦¦         ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦       ¦          ¦ ¦¦   ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦¦     ¦¦          ¦   ¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦     ¦          ¦      ¦   ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦    ¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦¦     ¦¦         ¦   ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦     ¦¦         ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦   ¦¦    ¦        ¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦    ¦   ¦        ¦¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦       ¦     ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦    ¦  ¦      ¦      ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦     ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
       ¦¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦

TorCoin.....
¦
¦
¦
¦
  Fully Anonymous TOR-integrated Crypto
               ¦ Windows     ¦ Linux     ¦ GitHub     ¦ macOS
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
   ANN THREAD
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
[/center]
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:27:14 AM

Can't they just use Google Wallet?

*trollface*

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:23:48 PM

bullshit.

Actually, if you read the article, the problem is with the location (Argentina) of the developers and their bank accounts. Google actually specifically suggested in the letter to developers that they open a bank account in a different jurisdiction so that they could receive payment. In other words, if Google offered payment in BTC, there would be no problem at all. No one in Argentina is prohibited from receiving any kind payment anywhere else in the world of course, it is their personal responsibility alone to declare it when they receive it and/or exchange it if their government requires it. Pretty much like every other country in the world.

They'll have no trouble at all exchanging BTC in Argentina.

And if people start using bitcoin in "barter," is that legal?  If so, then hopefully, they wouldn't even need to exchange for their local currency.

Or perhaps they could buy things online.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 02:15:15 PM

bullshit.

Lmao you essentially go against your own argument  ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: