Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FIRST USELESS ETHERIUM TOKEN ,NOW JESUSCOIN  (Read 1782 times)
onyebuchi81 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:30:07 PM

came across this coin[jesuscoin] and after reading the white paper i had to laugh for a while and then felt insulted as a christian .i think the ICO game is getting out of hand if not controlled properly.i now understood better why the Chinese government had to place a ban on ICOs.Visite the site if u haven't and drop ur comments below

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:37:48 PM

At least that coin is not taking itself too serious. If you get scammed by Jesuscoin it's on you lol
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:44:28 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 10:40:48 PM by Hyperme.sh

Jesuscoin might not be an investment security:

The baseball card investor is not invested in some ongoing enterprise. The player is an individual who has a certain talent and his performance is independent of the funds invested.

If I go issue trading cards for famous crypto developers, that does not make them investments in any enterprise. If someone issued an ICO which were trading cards on Ethereum, and all the features were completed at the time of the sale, these would not be securities even though there is an expectation of gain, because there would be no expectations of ongoing efforts of the issuer. I haven’t studied Jesuscoin carefully, so it might be an example of not being a security.

Interesting how the “most useless token” (well probably equally useless to most of the ICOs) may actually be the rare case that is not illegal to trade.

Thus actually it may be the most useful out of all them.  Cheesy

However note:

But it could still fall under the scope of MLM scheme:

Finally, there is the possibility that securities regulation will wind up being mostly irrelevant and we’re all barking up the wrong tree. Because coins aren’t actually traditional securities and (usually) confer no legal rights in anything (with some recent token purchase contracts being so vague and issuer-friendly as to border on being illusory or unconscionable from the perspective of the purchaser), there is also a non-zero risk that coin offerings will be classed as MLMs of some kind that are

“organized and operated in such a manner that the realization of profit by any participant is predicated upon the exploitation of others who have virtually no chance of receiving a return on their investment and who had been induced to participate by misrepresentations as to potential earnings.”

When the current bubble collapses (and it will), this last point might become more relevant, particularly if n00b bagholders grab their pitchforks and start asking Uncle Sam to get involved so help them get their money back. Which, if these are investment contracts, is a request aforementioned bagholders will be perfectly entitled to make.

If this happens, although the SEC will stay in the loop, the really exciting action will be in the domain of the tort lawyers and federal and state prosecutors working in tandem with the FTC. See, e.g., the recent case of Josh Garza and GAW Miners (which involved fraudulent misrepresentations relating in part to a cryptocurrency called Paycoin). Although in the civil enforcement action the SEC got a $12 million default judgment, the U.S. Attorney got a guilty plea for one good, old-fashioned count of wire fraud. No Securities Act required.

Note that if this interpretation is adopted, some state laws cast a much wider net to penalize participants than Section 5 of the Securities Act of 1933 does.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:55:44 PM

came across this coin[jesuscoin] and after reading the white paper i had to laugh for a while and then felt insulted as a christian .i think the ICO game is getting out of hand if not controlled properly.i now understood better why the Chinese government had to place a ban on ICOs.Visite the site if u haven't and drop ur comments below

Let me ask you this... did you invest?  Did you need a government to come in and tell you what's good for you?  I've said it before, but let me say it again... we're all here because of what governments do to fiat, and now some of us are asking governments to come and regulate crypto.

What makes you think a government will regulate ICO's and stop there?  What makes you think a government will not force bitcoin to increase it's 21-million supply 'for the good of the people?'  That might sound crazy because bitcoin is decentralized, but if enough people ask the government to protect them from these evil ICO's then those same people will ask their wonderful and corruption free governments to regulate bitcoin.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:02:01 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 10:17:01 PM by Hyperme.sh

Let me ask you this... did you invest?  Did you need a government to come in and tell you what's good for you?  I've said it before, but let me say it again... we're all here because of what governments do to fiat, and now some of us are asking governments to come and regulate crypto.

If you could eliminate every government today, you would not like the result. There would be massive carnage from warlordism due to a power vacuum.

The governments gave us our chance to see if we could do ICOs without destroying civilization and we once again showed that the power vacuum leads to dysfunctional chaos.

So yes we want to enable decentralized ledger technology for the things it can do well. But ICOs are apparently something we can not do properly in a decentralized manner.

Nevertheless, if governments were to issue a statement that ICOs are legal, then I would happily embrace it. But they won’t. And we won’t be able to stop them from squashing those who break the law (unless the broad public also rejects the law). They still have the rubber hoses.

Decentralization works well for those things that are positive for humanity. It does not work well for those things that destroy civilization.

Yeah we’ll change government with decentralized ledgers, but we won’t eliminate police.

I also hate abusive top-down control. But I do not hate civilization. I do not want to live shivering in the dark, fearing being clubbed over the head while sleeping by some random ape.
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:18:13 PM

I have even seen posts wearing the link for Jesustoken. Truly unbelievable Smiley
Ferrarium Foundation

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:20:26 PM

The token insult of God  must be destroyed, I think the creators of the United States
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:27:01 PM

The regulation to the icos will be very important to catch the team behind the jesus coin and try to give an examination about the competence of the team. Or the team should be arrested by the way. that was a good way in my opinion.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
globe-biz

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:27:24 PM

The Jesus coin is probably made by the same l,cifer worshipers who control the world through freemasonry and the corrupted governments that the freemasons/d.vil catholic church control. No real Christians would make this kind of coin because we know the end of the world is coming 7 years after the New World Order begins  with the 2nd coming of Christ....
After  "they" are allowed to start their new world order and enslave the world Jesus will return for his revenge on the possessed which have conspired to destroy the world, Jesus is not of this world this place is just the test of souls and most are failing, he will clean you of your demons/sins if you ask with sincerity

I have to edit some spiritual based word because the owners of this site are blocking comments with those words...hmm

1 john 5:19

For we know that we are children of GOD and that the whole world is controlled by the evil one
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:32:38 PM

If you could eliminate every government today, you would not like the result. There would be massive carnage from warlordism due to a power vacuum... <snip> ...fearing being clubbed over the head while sleeping by some random ape.

You're using a common argument, take my point of view and take it to the extreme.  I'm not saying to eliminate all government.  What makes you think I want that?  I'm simply saying that we already have a regulated currency, so why do we want a regulated crypto?  We already have a highly regulated taxi service in the US, then Uber comes along and creates a wonderful and cheaper experience... and guess what, some governments are trying to kill it (San Francisco.)  So if we already have a regulated and terrible taxi service why do we want a regulated and terrible Uber?

The most wonderful invention in our lifetime was the internet, and it's one of the least regulated items in the world today.  Yes there are terrible things on the internet but with a little instruction and common sense we learn to avoid them.  I'm simply saying we should be very careful when we ask governments to regulate crypto because they never stop where you want them to.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
DAVETUN

Activity: 728

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:40:58 PM

This is getting realy interesting, JESUCOIN, Religion is the opium of the people, this might be a strategy by the  team behind the project, to get the  attention of christian to invest into the project, am a christian, I cant invest into a project because it carries a name, religious name. Be careful this day with your hard earn fiat
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:58:03 PM

dont know why so many coin with a weird name. but it's not a problem as long as its valuable

Hyperme.sh

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:54:17 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2017, 05:29:30 AM by Hyperme.sh

I'm simply saying that we already have a regulated currency, so why do we want a regulated crypto?

Proof-of-work mined issuance is not regulated by the SEC because the tokens are not securities.

ICO manias are might be harmful to civilization.

If you need to raise funds, do in the legal way that doesn’t destroy civilization.

You're using a common argument, take my point of view and take it to the extreme.  I'm not saying to eliminate all government.  What makes you think I want that?

Because you want unregulated ICO manias such as a South Seas bubble that can in extremis topple an entire nation-state.

We already have unregulated crypto if tokens are issued correctly and not for raising funding. It’s the scammers who are messing up everything.

Bitcoin is just too strong and too decentralized to ban, as one pboc official admit. ICO-based coins are centralized and vulnerable to censorship.
DirtyMartini

Activity: 277

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:47:42 AM

Haha I just came across this too, from a banner ad on this forum.. Hilarious website, check out the development team..  Cool

I'm pretty sure this is meant as a joke, people - don't get your knickers in a knot..
If anyone is stupid enough to actually send this real money (Because you can, by the look of it) then you deserve to lose it, because you obviously have a few more things to learn before you should be investing.

If you actually read it without getting on your Christian high-horse, you will see that it is just meant to be a joke.
pr3m0nition

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:59:00 AM

Haha I just came across this too, from a banner ad on this forum.. Hilarious website, check out the development team..  Cool

I'm pretty sure this is meant as a joke, people - don't get your knickers in a knot..
If anyone is stupid enough to actually send this real money (Because you can, by the look of it) then you deserve to lose it, because you obviously have a few more things to learn before you should be investing.

If you actually read it without getting on your Christian high-horse, you will see that it is just meant to be a joke.

This guy gets it. The ridiculousness that is that whitepaper, is only humor.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Alfatta

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:16:21 AM

Good laught on this one. (Did they actually paid for the add?)
I think you shouldn't take it too seriously about it insulting christian community, neither you should take jesuscoin as an argument to the "gov should regule ICO or not" question. Buuut that's just my opinion

I could definitely put 0,1$ worth into this if there wasn't transaction fees
tukangkopi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:35:05 AM

I do not know the purpose of the coin maker is just joking or serious, but the name jesus made doubling is not good.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:36:30 AM

These were truly an unwanted thing, because with ico people try to profit big or raise good funds. For the same there is no need to use of the religious signs. In the past a gold investment based ico was initiated and it functions based on the Islam law, but that was meaningful compared to the Jesuscoin.
VTS

Activity: 112

Licensing & Monetizing Digital Content!

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:45:25 AM

I feel offended too about this coin and seeing the paid banners being approved here on the forum will be another step in the direction that many will move away from this forum and host info about their projects somewhere else and will not anymore participate here, like many many "mature crypto believers" already did!

Alfatta

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:08:00 PM

Wow, you really take this very seriously
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: