Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:04:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why should we use Bitcoin in daily purchases?  (Read 2288 times)
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:13:47 PM

Bitcoin is more like an asset to me. I agree that paying for small ticket item for daily purchase is not worth it since the transaction fees is high. And in actual fact, there are not many merchants accepting Bitcoin.

If not for the above problems, Bitcoin will be my first choice in daily purchases.
Kabul

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:30:58 AM

As a bitcoiner, I think that bitcoin should not be used in daily life due to many reasons: slow confirmation, high price as well as high fee. The price of bitcoin increases almost every months and because of that, people are tend to hold their bitcoin instead of spending it. And it is slowly destroy the meaning of bitcoin ( bitcoin was created to be a world currency by satoshi). However, we have to admit that, since the price of bitcoin is too high, we can not stop people from holding it

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

recklessMe

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:48:31 PM

The infrastructure around Bitcoin only starts to grow. As some here say with Lightning Network it is going to be really fast and easy to make daily transactions. Bitcoin is still a young and developing currency. It needs more time.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:10:28 PM

So, you think bitcoin is slow? It has got segwit implemented and it is now the same old Bitcoin it used to be. The speed of transactions has increased to a lot quicker and the size of the fee has decreased down to the values we used to pay before when the price was low. It's all about adjustments that are made and implemented over time to cope with the expenses one bears while using this. About reimbursement, usage of bitcoins is a matter of responsibility and if you are not even that capable to not commit such mistakes, then bitcoin is not for you TBH.
Raven91

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:58:49 PM

I think there are two huge problems concerning the Bitcoin’s future use in daily life.

1)     Slow transactions

It’s a turtle compared to most of the other coins, why should we choose Bitcoin? We actually need real time payments (as we already have them in real life)

2)   No reimbursements

Paying using Bitcoin (or other cryptocurrencies) can be really really stressful.
If I make mistakes in sending bitcoin (and people make mistakes all the time) I won’t never get reimbursed in any way…it’s not the same with FIAT.
If someone clones my credit card I have some chances to get my money back…what about bitcoin?!

At the moment, it’s impossible that Bitcoin or other cryptos are going to replace FIAT money in every day’s use.

Moreover, some more modern currencies have a better technology.
If we really will use cryptocurrencies in daily life, why should Bitcoin be the best coin to use?

This is the key question, because if we won’t use it, Bitcoin will be worth 0 and not 100.000$ as someone says.

You should use bitcoin in your daily purchases because in bitcoin when you purchase something you can gain an interest in every transaction that you will do.In bitcoin you can earn while buying something.
prass tyo

Activity: 338

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:16:08 PM

Actually the transaction speed is somehow in a better condition, I think the biggest problem of bitcoin for daily purposes is the transaction fee, if you're that rich its no problem but for small payments it is a total pain. If they would fix the transaction fee then it can easily be adopt and be used for daily purchase.

it's really true what you say, if we are paying a small amount whether we should use the fee exceeds the transaction fee, of course we will be a loss, there should be an improvement for a fast transaction but a small fee
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:54:51 PM

I think there are two huge problems concerning the Bitcoin’s future use in daily life.

1)     Slow transactions

It’s a turtle compared to most of the other coins, why should we choose Bitcoin? We actually need real time payments (as we already have them in real life)

2)   No reimbursements

Paying using Bitcoin (or other cryptocurrencies) can be really really stressful.
If I make mistakes in sending bitcoin (and people make mistakes all the time) I won’t never get reimbursed in any way…it’s not the same with FIAT.
If someone clones my credit card I have some chances to get my money back…what about bitcoin?!

At the moment, it’s impossible that Bitcoin or other cryptos are going to replace FIAT money in every day’s use.

If we really will use cryptocurrencies in daily life, why should Bitcoin be the best coin to use?

This is the key question, because if we won’t use it, Bitcoin will be worth 0 and not 100.000$ as someone says.

You should use bitcoin in your daily purchases because if you use bitcoin you can gain a money interest in every transaction that you did.It is like ypu have a percentage in the transactions that you did.
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:44:06 AM

The infrastructure around Bitcoin only starts to grow. As some here say with Lightning Network it is going to be really fast and easy to make daily transactions. Bitcoin is still a young and developing currency. It needs more time.
This is what I am saying the value of the bitcoin is increasing and more people are getting into bitcoin so it is the beast time to use bitcoin as much as we can. The growth of the bitcoin will never stop and it will increase the money of the users according to the time. It is very important to hold bitcoin and to wait for the long time.

julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:35:43 PM

I think it is better to use bitcoin as an online payment system, because I see it much more comfortable, than to give my credit card details everywhere. But on a daily basis in shops or restaurants, i think it is still better to use debit cards Smiley

Well if thats the case, Bitcoin is volatile how can a trader acceot that there is a big possibility that the payment you have given is will not be the same amoynt that they needed, accept the fact that bitcoin may dunp oroump traders will put themseleves into something safe and thats because the loss may occur in their side, as a user of this forum Im not against in any development of bitcoin but as much as I am concern for this currency name, I am not favor in this proposal.

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:44:58 AM

We should use Bitcoin in our daily purchases to move the currency among different people, without much circulation of money we have less chances to make fast progress with BTC price. It's good to use Bitcoins, because you can skip fees that you pay using Paypal and services like that, so why not use Bitcoin daily? It increases the adoption and encourage more sellers to start accepting it, good for the ecosystem.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 12:45:30 AM

1)     Slow transactions

2)   No reimbursements

1.Bitcoin transaction speed is slow if you compare it with altcoin, but many stores or services accepted Bitcoin as payment and Bitcoin is fast when compared with traditional systems.
2 Users are very careless if doing this, Bitcoin transaction is irreversible and you have to be careful in filling the address

Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:09:27 AM

I really think it's great to use bitcoin for your purchases because transactions through bitcoin is convenient. However, if you can afford or if you have fiat money, it's better to keep your bitcoin. That way, you will not need to spend it and it can even gain some income if you can just hold on to your bitcoin.
novhitadaloma

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:12:21 AM

better to use bitcoin as an online payment, than I use a credit card, which can only be used in the real world.
germa66

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:03:46 PM

there are actually some advantages with using bitcoin for day-to-day payments,
1 can be used anywhere
2 makes us feel simple and not afraid of the crime in the streets
3 easy to do.

orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:31:12 PM

In the current state of matters, I wouldn't use my bitcoins to buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks. The cost of transaction is greater than the actual good that I want to buy, so a big nope to that. Apart from that, there's not much who accepts bitcoin in their services, so I guess I'll just stick to my credit/debit cards and cash for buying everyday things.

If that were the case, then I wouldn't choose to spend my bitcoins on daily purchases as well. That wpuld just incur a loss for me. Also, I'd rather hodl and treat my bitcoins as long term investment because I believe that its value will become high in the future. With only selected merchants which accept bitcoin as a payment sustem then I think that it's not ideal to spend bitcoin for daily purchases.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:11:01 PM

1. Compared to fiat they not slow. I paid a friend for importing something for me and it took over a day to get to her. I would not call that very fast.  Bitcoin is about an hour and the fee is low about $1 it less if you don't mind a wait. Compared to bank fees and bank yearly and monthly fees and the cost just for having a bank account is high.

2. I do understand where you are coming from. I have lost money myself withdrawing BCC to a Bitcoin address I don't control and lost that money. Yes people make mistake. You talking about protection. Though how much is kos due to scams vs people making incorrect transactions. You have to disopline yourself for Bitcoin. I think a nice app with really high security that checks verifies and matches the address you sending tmfrom and too that also cross references and searches all k own coins with the same address and tell you. That would help so much. There you go there is one solution so far. Or at least a good start to one.

Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:08:16 AM

As a bitcoiner, I think that bitcoin should not be used in daily life due to many reasons: slow confirmation, high price as well as high fee. The price of bitcoin increases almost every months and because of that, people are tend to hold their bitcoin instead of spending it. And it is slowly destroy the meaning of bitcoin ( bitcoin was created to be a world currency by satoshi). However, we have to admit that, since the price of bitcoin is too high, we can not stop people from holding it
I think its true not to use bitcoin in our daily transaction because its value increases high. It is better to invest for you to gain a high price than to use it in every transaction you made without return.

Aba

Activity: 431
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:14:23 AM

It is not easy to get people to leave bitcoin, because bitcoin is popular because it now takes time and process. Payment using bitcoin in my opinion can still be used by the people, because in transactions bitcoin there is no third party. This is the advantage of using bitcoin in transactions
fancy_pants

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 01:25:07 AM

Bitcoin is an investment for me so I will never choose to spend it for daily purchases as I want to save my bitcoins for future without spending it at a moment and presently there is not a single shop in my area where bitcoin is accepted as a mode of payment and it will take long time for that to happen so right now my plan is only to hold my bitcoins for long term.
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:55:01 AM

1)     Slow transactions

2)   No reimbursements

You should use bitcoin in your daily purchases because if you use bitcoin you can gain a money interest in every transaction that you did.It is like ypu have a percentage in the transactions that you did.

I think currently the use of bitcoin for daily transactions is difficult, this is because it takes a long time to get a confirmation, in addition I suggest to keep bitcoin because the trend of the end of the year is a price that always goes up and later we will regret because the price is more expensive.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄