Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:08:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Liberty Reserve Shut down  (Read 2589 times)
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 05:04:51 PM

Sorry the dormant fees applies to the accounts that has no transactions for 18 months.

Skrill has a problem with receiving money in India.

Their account verification requires the exact amount shown on statement to be entered. If the amount is not shown in dollars on the bank statement, they reject verification.

Source: I used to pay for Evony using Moneybooker/ Skrill. Making payments is possible, receiving in India is not.

skysnap

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:14:31 PM

so is it  not possible to use an exchanger for the moneybooker? I mean if we get moneybooker money to someone to exchange for INR NEFT. Is it not another better idea? I guess, it is possible.
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 05:16:35 PM

so is it  not possible to use an exchanger for the moneybooker? I mean if we get moneybooker money to someone to exchange for INR NEFT. Is it not another better idea? I guess, it is possible.

Moneybooker is like Paypal, They use the existing bank networks to transfer funds.

Dislaimer: Last time I used them was over 3 years ago. I am not sure if they have changed much.

skysnap

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:26:49 PM

I just checked the bank withdrawal charges for moneybookers, they seem to be charging 139 RS per bank withdrawal via SWIFT. Not sure if the charges add up depending on amount or is it fixed charge.
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 05:29:19 PM

I just checked the bank withdrawal charges for moneybookers, they seem to be charging 139 RS per bank withdrawal via SWIFT. Not sure if the charges add up depending on amount or is it fixed charge.

I did want to login and check if anything has changed, but no luck.

Your account is closed. If you wish to reopen your account, please call our customer service team on +44 203 514 5562 .

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:42:06 PM

Sorry the dormant fees applies to the accounts that has no transactions for 18 months.

Their account verification requires the exact amount shown on statement to be entered. If the amount is not shown in dollars on the bank statement, they reject verification.

Source: I used to pay for Evony using Moneybooker/ Skrill. Making payments is possible, receiving in India is not.

Well that exact amount verification is in paypal too, if you have netbanking enabled you can easily verify it. I actually forgot if they deposit USD or INR.

But verification is easy and i have withdrawal money to my bank account many times,however they charge high fees due to euro -> usd -> inr conversion.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 06:02:32 PM

Well that exact amount verification is in paypal too, if you have netbanking enabled you can easily verify it. I actually forgot if they deposit USD or INR.

But verification is easy and i have withdrawal money to my bank account many times,however they charge high fees due to euro -> usd -> inr conversion.

U using Skrill? When I had tried to verify few years back, they did not allow it. The amount showed up in Rs on my statement, but I was asked to enter the exact dollar amount.

I am verified on PayPal though, as they do accept INR inputs.

Please lemme know if you have a verified Skrill account for receiving and sending money.

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:45:44 PM

U using Skrill? When I had tried to verify few years back, they did not allow it. The amount showed up in Rs on my statement, but I was asked to enter the exact dollar amount.

I am verified on PayPal though, as they do accept INR inputs.

Please lemme know if you have a verified Skrill account for receiving and sending money.

Well I was using it till  last year and my account was fully verified merchant account, but it's currently locked due to some problems.

http://prntscr.com/1aai5v i removed card for security reasons.
http://prntscr.com/1aai8p

They are asking me to send id proof hardcopy to their london office and i don't have time for that  Tongue

Ps: If you want to verify your address, it can take upto 1 month because they send letter via royal mail.
one more thing, if you ever do currency exchange with someone, don't ever write other payment processors name or  "currency exchange" in description. It's not allowed in their TOS.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 07:03:41 PM

Well I was using it till  last year and my account was fully verified merchant account, but it's currently locked due to some problems.

They are asking me to send id proof hardcopy to their london office and i don't have time for that 

Ps: If you want to verify your address, it can take upto 1 month because they send letter via royal mail.
one more thing, if you ever do currency exchange with someone, don't ever write other payment processors name or  "currency exchange" in description. It's not allowed in their TOS.

I was sure of the fact that deposits are not easy even with Skrill.

Even if you do get verified and are allowed to accept deposits, I am 100% sure that they will not allow domestic money transfer within India and they will have set limits on amounts to be received.
If they do not meet the conditions that I have mentioned above, then they are operating in the same fashion as LR. This is an observation from a regulatory perspective.

skysnap

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:26:57 PM

I wonder how much can we withdraw to the bank? I do see the minimum bank transfer charges there but the USD transfer is quite hard to see there.
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 08:27:48 PM

I wonder how much can we withdraw to the bank? I do see the minimum bank transfer charges there but the USD transfer is quite hard to see there.

The limits & restrictions show up when you are verifying your account.

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:53:18 PM

They are asking me to send id proof hardcopy to their london office and i don't have time for that 

one more thing, if you ever do currency exchange with someone, don't ever write other payment processors name or  "currency exchange" in description. It's not allowed in their TOS.

I was sure of the fact that deposits are not easy even with Skrill.

Even if you do get verified and are allowed to accept deposits, I am 100% sure that they will not allow domestic money transfer within India and they will have set limits on amounts to be received.
If they do not meet the conditions that I have mentioned above, then they are operating in the same fashion as LR. This is an observation from a regulatory perspective.

Well you can send payment to other indian users, they allow that. There are some limits also, you need to check in your account and yeah i remember now, if you want to add your bank account, first set INR as your main currency. They will deposit verification money in INR
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 10:59:44 PM

Well you can send payment to other indian users, they allow that. There are some limits also, you need to check in your account and yeah i remember now, if you want to add your bank account, first set INR as your main currency. They will deposit verification money in INR

In India, the withdrawal of money from Moneybookers is possible in the form of cheque request only.

http://finance.ilikeit.asia/moneybookers-money-transfer-india/

Not sure if it is a vetted article, but it sounds about right. RBI regulation in India does not allow any non banking entity to offer P2P facilities. This would make moneybookers void of this regulation if they do support bank transfers directly.
PayPal of course is an exception. And they have restrictions galore.
That is why after they offer a cheque. It is because they cannot get a banking partner in India. If they could, Bitcoin would have had a booming cash transfer market in place already.

skysnap

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:52:17 AM

I have verified my address and some of the limit is lifted. I can send 2Lakh every 90 days which is huge for me on moneybookers.

So right now I am looking for anyone from india to exchange INR via NEFT to sell my moneybookers.
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 09:23:29 AM

In India, the withdrawal of money from Moneybookers is possible in the form of cheque request only.

Not sure if it is a vetted article, but it sounds about right. RBI regulation in India does not allow any non banking entity to offer P2P facilities. This would make moneybookers void of this regulation if they do support bank transfers directly.
That is why after they offer a cheque. It is because they cannot get a banking partner in India. If they could, Bitcoin would have had a booming cash transfer market in place already.

That article is very old (2010), you can withdraw funds to bank without any probem.
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 09:25:55 AM

I have verified my address and some of the limit is lifted. I can send 2Lakh every 90 days which is huge for me on moneybookers.

So right now I am looking for anyone from india to exchange INR via NEFT to sell my moneybookers.

check exchangemoneyforum.com and contact bhanu545 or rishabhmehra.
skysnap

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:54:00 AM

That article is very old (2010), you can withdraw funds to bank without any probem.
So you meant to say we can do moneybookers exchange to bank, at specified price in the withdraw page?

check exchangemoneyforum.com and contact bhanu545 or rishabhmehra.

Thanks, I will keep this in bookmark.
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 10:54:36 AM

This is very cool indeed. I would assume that it is because they are FSA certified.

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:44:26 AM

So you meant to say we can do moneybookers exchange to bank, at specified price in the withdraw page?

Yes you can, just add bank and you will be able to do withdraw.
Whenever your bank will reieve money they will might ask you to sign a "payment purpose" (1st time only) letter to clear payment.
skysnap

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:08:53 PM

Yes, payment purpose is one thing that needs to be solved there. I am not sure if the process is one time or the recurring.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: