Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:32:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: send out your women  (Read 16697 times)
Delia

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 05:14:53 PM

On the internet, nobody knows if you're joking or not.

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirius
Bitcoiner

Activity: 429
Merit: 974

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 09:41:12 PM

Yes, I realize the forum software says we have a gender ratio of something like 4.7:1.0, but I believe that is because of all the spam accounts that have been created as 'female'. 

Good point, I should search for female users when looking for spam accounts to delete Tongue

Iris — for better social networks
I'm not a forum admin - please contact theymos instead.
Anonymous

December 25, 2010, 10:09:56 PM

On the internet, nobody knows if you're joking or not.

+1

The solution is that you shouldnt take anything written on the internet as serious business.

The "literal internet" does exist .
just a man

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR

View Profile
December 26, 2010, 06:01:04 PM

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2010, 06:53:27 PM

Coming back to the women topic...

We could reward the man who brings in the first ACTIVE bitcoin woman (not just his girlfriend, or wife, etc.) but one who is really contribution in the forum.

I pledge 3 BTC.

grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 26, 2010, 06:58:11 PM

Coming back to the women topic...

We could reward the man who brings in the first ACTIVE bitcoin woman (not just his girlfriend, or wife, etc.) but one who is really contribution in the forum.

I pledge 3 BTC.

/mode troll on

If you are talking about a feminine contribution to the forum, I'm not sure it worths 3BTC.

/mode troll off

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
December 26, 2010, 08:09:36 PM

guys this is a complete misunderstanding.

What I mean is that we could all try to spread the word about the greatness of bitcoin to intelligent women we know.

Women are often great in business and often even superior to men when it comes to financials, trading etc.

I am sure bitcoin will be interesting to those women.

If some women get to use it, we have 50% growth potential for bitcoins.

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 26, 2010, 08:38:17 PM

If some women get to use it, we have 50% growth potential for bitcoins.

There are equal numbers of men and women -_-

If equal numbers of women match an all male figure, that place doubles in size.

It grows from 100% -> 200%, by a growth of 100%
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2010, 08:49:45 PM

You're right guys.  We should definitely try to have women know about bitcoins.  We can't just ignore them, since they are so numerous and have such a huge consumming power.

I suggest we start a campaign, aiming mainly at hair-dressing salons and shoes shops.  On the web, maybe we could reach them on health, beauty or astrology forums.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2010, 09:55:43 PM

We seem to have a woman in this very forum.
And she just contributed a patch.

Need I say more Smiley

grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2010, 10:04:10 PM

Need I say more Smiley

Unfortunately, now that this thread exists, we can not be sure that this woman is not a feminist man who tries to disguise himself in order to increase female ratio here.

DjeZAeL

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2010, 10:06:29 PM

Yep I'm in da place !!  Cheesy

I hope I will contribute more and more, and take a little (but lovely) place in this forum  Wink
Bimmerhead (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
December 26, 2010, 10:13:08 PM

Wecome aboard!

(Now somebody delete the rest of this thread FAST!)
just a man

Activity: 266

Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR

View Profile
December 27, 2010, 03:02:41 AM

I suggest we start a campaign, aiming mainly at hair-dressing salons and shoes shops.  On the web, maybe we could reach them on health, beauty or astrology forums.

You're making bitcoiners look like idiots.

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 05:00:55 PM

Somebody should really make a very expensive on-line shoe store that sell designer shoes and handbags exclusivity for bitcoin.  (many, many bitcoins).  Grin

One off NP-Hard.
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 05:48:00 PM

Somebody should really make a very expensive on-line shoe store that sell designer shoes and handbags exclusivity for bitcoin.  (many, many bitcoins).  Grin

I think they just should stay in the kitchen where they belong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w
Lynzoi

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 07:35:13 PM

My username is male, but I'm a woman. This name is somewhat random, it's just the name of an artist I like. I started buying Bitcoins back when they cost $1. I just build a mining rig. I wouldn't call myself an anarcho-capitalist but I spend some of my free time reading about libertarianism, and some of my friends are libertarian.

I think there are more women on the internet than you realize. I have been using male-centric forums (gaming, stuff like that) since I was 12, and there are a few problems associated with being female. If you want some insight, read this blog. http://fatuglyorslutty.com/ Do you guys ever have to deal with gamer girls randomly messaging you and asking if you like to have sex with animals? Yeah, didn't think so.

I noticed some of you saying that women copy men. I learned about Bitcoins from a male friend, and I got two other friends into it, both male. I suppose it's considered a bad thing if women do not know what men already know, yet some people also consider it a sign of weakness when women learn things from men. I can only conclude that society is trying to make my life more difficult, so screw you, society.

Women have a lower tendancy to be interested in pretty much anything.  Whether it is art, sport, games, science, whatever...  Almost all cultural movements have been initiated by men.
You left out the institute of marriage, and religious conservatism, which reduced women to male property/baby factories for hundreds of years.

Sexist reasons aside, there are practical reasons why selling beauty products will not attract hoards of females to Bitcoin. Bitcoin is new and confusing. Anybody who gets into it now, when it's still new and confusing, will have to be somewhat technically inclined, wether male or female. There is not a huge crossover between fashion victims, and technology victims. This is true for both genders.

If you want women in Bitcoin, you'd probably have more success if you went after female gamers. Most Sims players are female, for example. You have the best chance of reaching people who already spend all day hanging out on the internet, not people who are into astrology and expensive shoes. Sheesh.

1HX4zSn3yQpVH3v9Sv5TNwMqbfXoBbMuNf
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 11:34:50 PM

I'm pretty much convinced by now that the 2 big phyles of the future will be CrypNet and Women.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 02:37:35 AM

Need I say more Smiley

You mean like for pants or a jacket?

I'm kidding! Really, I can't make either kind of patch!

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 06:41:47 PM

If you want women in Bitcoin, you'd probably have more success if you went after female gamers. Most Sims players are female, for example. You have the best chance of reaching people who already spend all day hanging out on the internet, not people who are into astrology and expensive shoes. Sheesh.

I would think that this community is one of the least sexist that I have every been in... I guess we put a much higher weight on competency than gender.  Also being pseudo anonymous means that there isn't any real barriers for either gender to participate.

For me, I try my best to judge people by what is important (are they good people for the job they are doing).  However, I hold the right for people to be stupid, and judge people for stupid reasons, like gender.

On the chick gamers view:  maybe a site that sells SIMS clothes and other cool gear would be attractive to such a demographic.  Smiley

One off NP-Hard.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: