Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Insurance or cryptocurrency investment?  (Read 2898 times)
Karen23 (OP)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:46:03 PM

Hi, I'm planning to pull my insurance to invest in crypto for long period of time and trade a portion as well. Recently, I was wondering if I let my money sleep in my insurance for 10 years it will triple but I'm also thinking that what if at that time the value of my money is still the same as today because of inflation. 

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 10:23:31 PM

Investment in bitcoin or crypto currency can be some how risky for one to put in all his or her capital into because of the market volatility of bitcoin and other altcion. so, op invest what you can afford to loose, for i do believe in investment diversification in other to the risk of one loosing all the capital.   
Karen23 (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:02:17 PM

Investment in bitcoin or crypto currency can be some how risky for one to put in all his or her capital into because of the market volatility of bitcoin and other altcion. so, op invest what you can afford to loose, for i do believe in investment diversification in other to the risk of one loosing all the capital.   
Yes, only one of my insurance I'm planning to pull out others I'll let them be for diversification. But if I would trade and reinvest the money I would pull-out you think it's worth it?

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:11:16 PM

Yes, only one of my insurance I'm planning to pull out others I'll let them be for diversification. But if I would trade and reinvest the money I would pull-out you think it's worth it?

Yes it would be worth it most especially if you are trading as well, just make sure you know what you are getting yourself into because trading is risky and you should know what are the coins you want to invest in.

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:28:46 PM

Yes it would be worth it most especially if you are trading as well, just make sure you know what you are getting yourself into because trading is risky and you should know what are the coins you want to invest in.

I agree. If you wanted to take also the trading route, you should be ready of what will happen to your investment, either you lose or gain. And be knowledgeable with the coins/tokens that you wanted to acquire.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:40:05 PM

Cryptocurrency offers higher interest than insurance obviously, especially if you invest in bitcoin and hold it for long term.
Bitcoin has been proven could gain fantastic value every year, even there are a lot of fluctuation, but at least bitcoin could tanks, recover and rise again. The cycle always repeated, that's way people always sell bitcoin whenever it reach highest price.
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 11:42:39 PM

The real question is here: are you willing to gamble with money you've set away for your health? For me, this is an easy no.

It's not 100% the same, but compare it to putting your insurance money at risk on roulette. Of course there is a chance to win, but there is also a chance you lose a (large sum) of money.

If you have some spare money, it's fun to invest in crypto's for sure, but I wouldn't invest any money you've put away for real life goals.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:53:47 AM

Your money will not worth the same after 10 years, you will be able to buy a car with the same amount which you have to day and could buy a house with it today, fiat is losing it's value as governments print more money without asking for permission, but in crypto especially in bitcoin not only your money won't lose it's value but it will grow exponentially every year. besides it's decentralized and more people will begin to use it as a way to evade paying taxes, you should expect the price to rise 10 times in less than 5 years.
Karen23 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:01:47 AM

Your money will not worth the same after 10 years, you will be able to buy a car with the same amount which you have to day and could buy a house with it today, fiat is losing it's value as governments print more money without asking for permission, but in crypto especially in bitcoin not only your money won't lose it's value but it will grow exponentially every year. besides it's decentralized and more people will begin to use it as a way to evade paying taxes, you should expect the price to rise 10 times in less than 5 years.
I agree with you. Doing the math, I would say that investing in insurance is just saving to combat inflation. My money today would be same worth after 10 years.

karmamiu

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:07:14 AM

According to what mostly people telling here, it is way too risky when we say crypto investment, but in the case of yours to choose between life insurance and crypto, then it shouldn't be an issue or rather it shouldn't be that. I would like to recommend you not to pull out those life insurance investments, besides when you need bitcoin for your investment you can try to work here to get the bitcoin you desired as for your capital in your trading investment. It is just like choosing between life and death so don't lose hope and options.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████
█▄███████████
██████████
███████████████▄
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████▀▀▀▀█████▌
██████▀▀▀███████
███████████▌
███████████▀█
█████████████
▀██████████████
████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░▀██▀░███
███░▀▀▀█░█░▀▀▀█░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░▀▀▀█░███
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░░███
▀████████████████████████▀
██████████
████████████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:26:54 AM

Hi, I'm planning to pull my insurance to invest in crypto for long period of time and trade a portion as well. Recently, I was wondering if I let my money sleep in my insurance for 10 years it will triple but I'm also thinking that what if at that time the value of my money is still the same as today because of inflation. 

I am not familiar with this so I don't know how the "insurance thing" works. but if it is a guaranteed profit then try to keep at least something in there. a guaranteed profit is always good thing to have even if it is a small amount. although it is just my opinion and I tend to make safer decisions in life.

for trading, start it with a smaller amount, a portion of what you want to take out. and try things to see how much profit you can make from that. this market is a little unsafe but very profitable if you can learn it. start small and make that small amount grow and keep the profit in.
that's what I have done.

Only Bitcoin
PinkB

Activity: 256
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:37:29 AM

Without proper knowledge of crypto trade Don't join in trade.if you have no idea or proper skill about crypto trade then its not for you. Crypto can give you 3x or more withing few times but it has huge risk also.You can lost all of your investment also.so if you think, you are in good trade then welcome in trading.If you think you are not,then go for insurance.Insurance will be safe investment.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:18:24 PM

If you are planning to invest make sure that you study the market thoroughly before investing your hard earned money,the crypto currency market does have the risk but if you are bold enough you could make a fortune investing in this market,but wage the risk ratio before investing and make sure you learn everything about the token or coin before investing.
juri543

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:29:17 PM

Follow the three simple rulz!

1. Make a trading plan
2. Diversify (Some BTC, Some top 20 by market Cap, Some ICOs)
3. Dont regret of missed opportunities, tomorrow is anotherone
smile1218

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:27:25 PM

You know that would be a great idea. Think carefully which currency are you going to invest your money from your insurance because it is risky crypto world is so volatile and you should be ready to take the risk. To tell you honestly i had done what you are thinking i had pulled out my stocks and invested it in crypto.

herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:40:26 PM

Depend the situation, careful with your money. Insurance is a good finance product, will help your need but only when the time comes up. But invest with crypto is just like job, your hard work, time and money will needed and sometimes only loss you have. Know your risk, I suggest invest with " another " money and let your insurance stay in the place. Only suggestion and have a nice day.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:49:10 PM

There is no assurance here in crypto currencies. You can lose and reduce your money's worth. But the only thing I know is that if you hold it for a long time it will not triple. If not so much more than you expect such bitcoins for almost eight years before it's made its price is only 0.15 a piece that's worth it when you sell it now nearly x10,000 are just raised I just estimate it because I can not really count some of it. So I assure you that you will actually earn, But I have only questions to you. Are you familiar with Bitcoins, Altcoins? This is the key to becoming wealthy, the knowledge.
tristan1960

Activity: 217

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:59:20 PM

What kind of insurances is that? A car insurance, a house insurance or a personal health insurance... There are lots of types and if you give us more specific information, we can make constructive comment on this manner.

If I were you, I would pull my insurance in order to invest in bitcoin.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:06:55 PM

both are required.  Bitcoin is too much risky.  so you should have financial security also.
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 04:26:33 PM

There is no assurance in cryptocurrencies you would pull out your money or increment even after a long period of wait.
I would rather suggest to hold your money with insurance policy. Investing in crypto is a kind of legal gambling and gambling involves risk.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀