Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:43:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any CPU mineable coin that it is profitable?  (Read 12632 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:47:25 PM

most virus protection (especially corporate setups) will detect the miner as unwanted and probably not allow this at all....

I would suggest looking at cpu's like Intel L5335... The TDP is quite low for being a quad core...  I even ran the CPU algos on my SLAED models (same as L5335, but 3.0Ghz and not an L-series) and they performed quite well, but the power draw went up quite a bit.

CPU mining is hard to be profitable when you pay for your own power.  The only machines that truly make good use if the power are multiple processor machines due to the fact that the overhead power consumption is less than if you has separate machines per-cpu.

Even the SOC type CPU's or ultra low power mobile CPU's just don't make enough alone to justify running them when power is paid for.  The figures just don't add up to anything but a negative....

if you are paying .03c/kwh, then by all means, mine with anything you can....

Great. Thanks for sharing your recommendations when doing CPU mining. As it would turn out unprofitable to mine any coin with a CPU, it is best to just do this task for fun and learning, rather than making some serious money out of it.

Unless you have an old PC lying around which still works, then I suggest that you mine all you can with it until it dies. In my case, I'm lucky to run the miner software at a college PC, without interference from antivirus software nor network access by doing so. Since I don't pay a cent for electricity by using the PC, then it can be seen as a way of making free money. Just my thoughts.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 03:49:56 AM

Yep... I don't pay for my electricity at home, it's a part of my fixed rent.  So I utilize what I can by having my old Athalon X2 64 machines, and early generation i5/i7 laptops/machines running with extra forced-air cooling....   Typically I wouldn't do it.... but there are some scenarios.   It's nice getting a steady trickle of 0.00000015-0.000000105 all day on top of the bigger 0.000019 per block reward of the GPU coins my home miners bring in.

The secondary reason I run them especially in the winter is the heat =)

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
iqbal26

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:02:39 AM

Try mining magicoin (XMG) , i used core i7 mining xmg perday get 10 - 20 xmg but rate now just 20 - 40K satoshis perday , or you can try using VPS for mining xmg
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 04:21:43 AM

Try mining magicoin (XMG) , i used core i7 mining xmg perday get 10 - 20 xmg but rate now just 20 - 40K satoshis perday , or you can try using VPS for mining xmg
Ive had the best results with xevan recently.  XMG didn't pull the same profits. (I use an auto-exchange pool)

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

iqbal26

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:26:07 AM

Ive had the best results with xevan recently.  XMG didn't pull the same profits. (I use an auto-exchange pool)

what pool you used, maybe i can try for mining xevan
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 04:31:08 AM

http://zpool.ca

I use cpuminer-opt 3.4.11

There is a core i7 build that works well with those CPU's.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:34:01 AM

not a guaranteed profit, but mine many of the new coins that come out for a short period and then shut the wallet down, but keep it on the hard drive.  new coins, wallet, data and all, sit at less than 10-50 mb.  you can collect quite a few in short period and many newer coins can be mined for a couple days and produce 100,000 coins.  if any of these hit an exchange and hit even 150 sat, then you have made a nice small profit.
iqbal26

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 05:00:28 AM

http://zpool.ca

I use cpuminer-opt 3.4.11

There is a core i7 build that works well with those CPU's.
okey thaks bro
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 01:37:13 AM

Yep... I don't pay for my electricity at home, it's a part of my fixed rent.  So I utilize what I can by having my old Athalon X2 64 machines, and early generation i5/i7 laptops/machines running with extra forced-air cooling....   Typically I wouldn't do it.... but there are some scenarios.   It's nice getting a steady trickle of 0.00000015-0.000000105 all day on top of the bigger 0.000019 per block reward of the GPU coins my home miners bring in.

The secondary reason I run them especially in the winter is the heat =)

Winter is definitely the best season to mine any kind of cryptocurrency. You spend less effort and cost setting up cooling solutions, to keep your mining rig performing at optimum conditions. It is nice to put old PCs to good use, as you would be contributing to any CPU cryptocurrency's network security. I usually put up an old HP laptop I have lying around to mine CryptoNote coins like Bytecoin and Monero, as well as use the computers at college to do CPU mining in my spare time.  Roll Eyes

not a guaranteed profit, but mine many of the new coins that come out for a short period and then shut the wallet down, but keep it on the hard drive.  new coins, wallet, data and all, sit at less than 10-50 mb.  you can collect quite a few in short period and many newer coins can be mined for a couple days and produce 100,000 coins.  if any of these hit an exchange and hit even 150 sat, then you have made a nice small profit.

Yeah. Even though mining these coins are not profitable, they are still fun to mine and hold up for the long term, in case it spikes in price sometime in the future. Since CPU mining is accessible from within almost any PC or mobile device, it is very ideal to secure CPU mineable cryptocurrencies, while at the same time earning some spare cash along the way.

Good old PCs are very useful for CPU mining, in my own opinion, as you can put them up to good use to secure cryptocurrencies, as well as getting the most money out of it. Just my thoughts.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
LowEndCPU86

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 11:59:15 PM

I currently mine XMG on one of my comps...directly into poswallet.

I'm also doing fairly decent with Myriadcoin on yescrypt algo.

On Minergate I mine BCN then usually trade it in on changer.com into another coin.

Trying out Bitsend now...we will see how it goes.

I mine as a hobby and hold the coins...hoping for a price spike.  Definitely haven't had a profit.  You do get some peace of mind being involved in multiple coins and having balances.  That's better than profit I'd think.  Smiley
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:08:47 PM

Have an old laptop lying about and I'd love to make it go out in a blaze of glory!
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:50:03 PM

I currently mine XMG on one of my comps...directly into poswallet.

I'm also doing fairly decent with Myriadcoin on yescrypt algo.

On Minergate I mine BCN then usually trade it in on changer.com into another coin.

Trying out Bitsend now...we will see how it goes.

I mine as a hobby and hold the coins...hoping for a price spike.  Definitely haven't had a profit.  You do get some peace of mind being involved in multiple coins and having balances.  That's better than profit I'd think.  Smiley

Nice. It is good to mine these CPU coins as a hobby, rather than making profit from them in the long term. You can always store them on a paper wallet, or even stake them to earn more coins along the way. You'll never know when one of these coins become valuable someday, making your effort of mining them worthwhile.

My most favorite is Coin Magi or XMG as it is both mineable and stakeable. You can always earn some spare cash with it, and even increase your odds of profiting from it, if you use a staking service like PoSWallet.

Nevertheless, while CPU mining is not viable these days, it is certainly a lot more fun than ASIC mining. Just my thoughts.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
lankyman

Activity: 382

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:47:27 AM

monero is once again profitable, just mine that, a 470 can do 850hash with proper miner, it's the best choice for now

Hi, please can you direct me or guide me here please?
I would love to try Monero , or if this has changed, whats your next suggestion please?

Thank you
j7777

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:10:35 PM

Doubt it. The cost of running the pc will outweigh the rewards. There's however a few you could mine and hold that may increase in value.

Yes, I've thought so. But still, it may be fun to mine some of these coins and store them in a paper wallet for future use. Maybe someday, when the price of the coin increases I would've earned a decent profit.  Roll Eyes

ya to actually  make some profit off CPU mining is hard nowadays :/

-you will have to do the maths. figure out power draw of processor and calculate 100% usage +/-10% over 30 days costs. figure out what your break even point is 1st
-you will have to prob rely on mentioned above hold for price rise, or some other form of smart LONG TERM use to get profits from CPU mining.
I remember when i started mining a while ago i used to mine BCN with minergate then trade it at Eobot for S5 (now S9) GHS. A LONG and tedious process that broke even over 6 months but ended up with hashpower i could use atleast ;p
-Luck.  Maybe solo mine some coins, tho again, you will have to upfront the power costs to take the risks :/

good luck! Smiley

Thanks for the tip. While CPU mining is not that efficient, GPU is, but I'm looking more into CPU coins, as it the most accessible and common way to mine cryptocurrencies. I've tried mining several CPU coins but I've ended up wasting more power than profiting at all. Still, I'm going to try this on a college PC, as I've got nothing to lose by mining cryptocurrencies there.  Grin

It's not profitable for multiple reasons. There are not a lot of coins that are cpu-only mined. For ones that are, your CPU needs to be A LOT efficient but problem with that is that efficient CPUs are not a lot powerful (if we exclude new Itel skylake with great TDP, but cost makes them unprofitable). Even if you find CPU like that price on exchange will just kill your profit so I would avoid CPU-only mining in general at this point.

Thanks for the advice mate. I will take that into consideration. In the meantime, I will stick to mine Coin Magi, as it is one of my favorite cryptocurrencies to mine due to its unique algorithm, which prevents mining centralization. Most of all it is a hybrid coin, so I could earn more with the coins I mine by holding and staking them into my wallet.  Smiley

the problem with GPU mining is the vast majority of machines run the older nvidia 8400GS, 8800GS etc and the older AMD cards and those use opencl 1.1, no one has ever figured out how to make an opencl 1.1 miner that can operate those older gpus.

cortezone

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:24:35 AM

Hey, can you help?  I've been mining XMG using my core i7 on MacOS 10.12.6 but I'm not getting anything more than 0.05000 XMG per day running at 8 threads and 80% of CPU usage.  My pool is MinerClaim.  I've not tried solo mining with my wallet yet.  I'm really surprised you're getting 10-20 XMG per day.  Any tips?  What program should I be using?  TIA.
h55

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:46:37 AM

Do you happen to know of any cryptocurrency that it is only mineable with a CPU, and also being the most profitable nowadays?

I've been mining Coin Magi, but due to its algorithm, (in which the more hashrate the network has, the less reward) it somewhat limits the ability to profit from it at all.

I have an Intel Core i5 3rd generation CPU with 4 cores, installed on a spare desktop PC that I have at my place. So, I would like to know which CPU mineable coin would you recommend me, to make a profit from it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

you can mine monero but it is not enough and cost gained fro you. so try to buy some GPU for your system. and for more information, you can check below post to it is about GPU mining

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2989327.msg30730705#msg30730705
Master One

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 07:58:15 AM

I once tried to CPU mine on an otherwise pretty much unused dedicated server at a hosting center, but there just was no point at all because even with not paying for power yourself, it just doesn't generate mentionable profit. I'm currently looking into GPU mining but would definitely not consider any CPU mining anymore, not even if you have the hardware already laying around and you don't pay for power yourself.

ARTRN

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:04:11 AM

Koto, cpu only coin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2579255.0
I'm mining with 3 cpu, two i3s and an G4560 about 50 Koto/day.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:18:03 PM

Hey, can you help?  I've been mining XMG using my core i7 on MacOS 10.12.6 but I'm not getting anything more than 0.05000 XMG per day running at 8 threads and 80% of CPU usage.  My pool is MinerClaim.  I've not tried solo mining with my wallet yet.  I'm really surprised you're getting 10-20 XMG per day.  Any tips?  What program should I be using?  TIA.

It all depends on the current block reward for the Magi network. The more hashrate there is on the network, the lower the reward will be. As such, you will need to use the least cores possible, as adding more cores will greatly reduce the reward you're going to get. Magi works this way to prevent big miners with high-end equipment to take advantage of the rewards. Therefore, if all people mining on the XMG network would use the least amount of hashrate possible, then rewards will be better. You're going to need to check regularly the network's stats to see current block reward and mine some XMG with 1 to 2 cores only. I've done this and it has worked so far.

I once tried to CPU mine on an otherwise pretty much unused dedicated server at a hosting center, but there just was no point at all because even with not paying for power yourself, it just doesn't generate mentionable profit. I'm currently looking into GPU mining but would definitely not consider any CPU mining anymore, not even if you have the hardware already laying around and you don't pay for power yourself.

Yeah. Mining with a CPU is not as good as it used to be in the early days of cryptocurrencies. With a GPU, you could get better results, but not everyone has access to high-end GPUs. As such, I believe that CPU mining is more accessible as it allows nearly anyone to get started in the mining process. This model makes it much more decentralized as everyone can participate in the process (unlike GPUs and ASICs).

Nevertheless, while CPU mining is not profitable anymore, it is still a fun process to do with your PC. My most favorite CPU mineable coins are HODL and XMG as they provide the ability to easily mine a few coins with them, and multiply your earnings by just holding your balances into your wallet. Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: