Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:45:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as salary for a regular job?  (Read 14442 times)
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:32:03 AM

Would you accept bitcoin as your salary in your profession, especially if you work in other country?

For me yes I will accept bitcoin because we can exchange it in our local currency.

If there exists an option, I would choose bitcoin and fiat for my salary, like a 50/50 divided ratio due to various factors. We all know that bitcoin is very volatile in terms of price, I would treat the half of my salary (bitcoin) as investment for my future. By choosing bitcoin entirely for the payment of my salary, this defeats the purpose of investment and would make my situation a hassle due to converting it to fiat by the time I use it for daily essentials. Not to mention, there are only some retailers that accept bitcoin as a payment.
Markzuckertion

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:34:57 AM

Would you accept bitcoin as your salary in your profession, especially if you work in other country?

For me yes I will accept bitcoin because we can exchange it in our local currency.

Yes if there are a lot of merchant in my area that accept bitcoin. Some bitcoin related companies have been give option for the employee to get salary im form of bitcoin, it is such as profitable salary.

Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 06:38:14 AM

I don't want to receive salary payments through bitcoin, because the bitcoin prices is not stable, and I use my salary for daily needs.
working in other countries is no different, however,if I send money to my family maybe I will use bitcoin

merlyn22

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

i love my family

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:46:36 AM

[/quote for me YES also. since i keep bitcoins i will accept bitcoins as my salary its easy to exchange it on fiat money.  i can walk on the street during payday without money on my pocket.
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:50:08 AM

Arent you thinking just for yourself here? Not all countries have the luxury of trading it to fiat just like that. It needs many steps and the money will be cut by fees.
For me I wont accept it. I would rather have my own decision to buy bitcoin rather than being forced for that kind of payment.
Last week I just lost 200 dollars just by waiting and that could happen to a regular worker too in just a day that they didnt withdraw their bitcoin.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:54:12 AM

I would if I am working in a bitcoin related company.
Something like website wallets and other jobs that is bitcoin related.
But if not then I would rather get the cash just so I could buy it myself or maybe I could wait for the right time when the bitcoin price is down and I can manage to buy a number of it with my salary.
Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:02:48 AM

I will also accept it because in bitcoin can also be in exchange with my country currency. would be great if that happened.

valentin68

Activity: 459
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:05:34 AM

I am already accepting btcoin for my earnings. I am living in an Eastern European country and I work as a contractor for a website in USA. Last years they transferred my earnings using PayPal, than they added the wire transfer and ACH, now I am using bitwage to receive my earnings in bitcoin. Bitwage is like a bank accepting Wire Transfers and ACH in different currencies. They receive your money and give you instead bitcoins, litecoins and ether. It is very great, whenever you are paid by wire or ACH, your earnings will be given in bitcoin.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:08:20 AM

I would love to get bitcoin as my salary for regular job. Though some people think there is a risk involve as btc value fluctuates so regularly but for me it is a golden opportunity to gain bitcoin for bitcoin seekers.   

datodota002

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:13:44 AM

i would not accept that because the value of bitcoin is very volatile, just imagine when you get salary at the day with bitcoin price high but you no time to cash as soon as possible, at the night you would cash it but the price is going down very deeply, it will be a total loss for you
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:27:58 AM

I will also accept it because in bitcoin can also be in exchange with my country currency. would be great if that happened.
Yes it's great idea and i am already accepting bitcoin for my earnings but I will consider to received the salary into bitcoin the price is fixed.
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:30:46 AM

Well i won't accept bitcoin as salary. First of all its price is not fixed its value decrease and increase every day
Most of guys accept it. Because they thought its value can be increased more in future. But nobody's no when will bitcoins go down and we lost everything
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:34:08 AM

Bitcoin's price is not stable, some months it might be profitable but not always.
That's why i would not prefer bitcoin as salary.
Maybe some of the employees accept take bitcoin as salary but i don't think an enployer accept to pay salary as bitcoin.
vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:37:13 AM

I would only if they payed me to cover the BS fees at ATMs.

Thats actually one thing banks have over Bitcoin, is if i want to take 1500 dollars out of my bank i don't have to pay 150 bucks to do that. I think bitcoin needs to fix that if its really gonna take people away from the banking fiat system. I have to pay a network fee thats usually around 20 bucks if i want it anytime soon so thats a good chunk of my money gone just for one withdraw.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:38:43 AM

Definitely a yes for me, who wouldn't agree to this? Like I would get 100$ and even after a month those 100$ would be the same, but in Bitcoins those 100$ could be 150 or 200$ depending on the rise. Then again there a risk that if the Bitcoin prices crash your could loose out money, but that's one risk I am fine taking with, I know one of my friend who works in a big accounting firm, they got a bonus of one Bitcoin a year back, amazing for them I hope all countries adopt this would be great.
azhar700

Activity: 102

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:39:23 AM

good idea if any company pays its employees salaries with bitcoin. It's just that the issue of bitcoin prices is very rapidly changing, if when the price goes up it's certainly good luck for employees, but if otherwise, this will make employees lose their source of income. It would be more stable to pay employees with bitcoin, but make fiat as a reference. Wink

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
romeitaly

Activity: 308
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:40:08 AM

For me I will also accept bitcoins as salary because I think it is more convenient for me. For now, my country is not that really introduced in bitcoin but if I work where in my income will be sent by bitcoins, I won't disagree with it. The wallet I use (coins.ph) is easy to use and in there I'll convert bitcoins in my local currency.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Raphal

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:40:38 AM

For me, bitcoin as a tool to work. In other words, I use it, work with it, and it becomes my main job. a job that requires market analysis.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
Psalms23

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:44:34 AM

Yes Id accept bitcoin as salary.  I think it is favorable to because its value could increase every month.  Would you accept bitcoin as payment for your signature campaign?  I think everyone who joined signature campaign and bounties here all agreed to receive btc as salary.  Its no different from real job,  its even more.

████████████          SWG.IO     /     Smart World Global Token          ███          BINANCE Square #SWGT          ████████████
████████████          PRE SALE IS LIVE! at $0.15     ███     BUY NOW          ████████████
████████████          ✅ FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED      ███     CERTIK AUDITED          ████████████
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:46:04 AM

I dont see much of a difference in being paid bitcoin as salary or not. At the end of the day, it is more about how much are you able to save. If you can save 50% and use 30% of it to invest, you will still be the same as those who are paid in btc and saving 30% of it in btc. The main problem i see in being paid in salary is that you will have a high fee to pay as you will need to convert most of the salary to fiat so you will lose quite an amount in every month.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: