Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:30:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NovaExchange down?  (Read 1859 times)
GoodHabit

Activity: 165
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:50:27 PM

For me it's down since about 3 days - both for my home address as well as for my mobile connection - that use very different IP-Ranges.

I'm living in Switzerland - don't know which parts of the world are not affected...
krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:53:28 PM

I'm living in Switzerland - don't know which parts of the world are not affected...

TOR Smiley

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
GoodHabit

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:01:57 PM

TOR Smiley

Yep - tried a TOR-Browser on my Android-Tablet - and got access...

Onda_su_onda

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:47:57 PM

why you guys using those kind of weak website and exchanges i really can't understand it.

Here i (can) buy XMCC !!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Altcoinster

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:27:38 PM

Yeah, i cant reach the site now for a couple of days.. Dont know whats going on? Anybody got an official statement from nova devs or something else?
marcelocoin

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

hi =D

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 12:42:28 AM

Hello, I live in South America and I am without access to the site too. I think it's some update, because from what I saw here in the forum they were having problems inserting ERK23 tokens if I'm not mistaken.
coinYeeha

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:45:43 AM

Don't ever put your money in nova exchange!

They are not based in Sweden, as they claim!

Research for yourself:
http://www.bolagsverket.se/en/us/about/e-services/foretagsfakta
There is no company like "nova exchange" or "nova technology" registered!
Therefore Swedish or Europoean laws don't apply.

This should be a huge red flag for everyone, nova exchange is lying about their company location!
There's no information who is running this exchange, the domain is registered via godaddy's anonymous service.

They could shut down tomorrow, take your money and you won't be able to do anything against it!
Not trustworthy at all!
kokskarl

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 12:02:51 PM

I tried to register there earlier today but registration appears to be offline. Glad I saw this thread in the meantime. Lost any interest in signing up for this exchange now.

█║ CryptoCircle auf Youtube (German)║█
Immer das Neuste zu Bitcoin & Altcoins
GoodHabit

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:46:50 AM

Well - this thread actually was very helpful for me - although I barely have any exposure at this time anymore...

But the hint about using a TOR-Browser actually worked. It's slower as it used to be, but I get trough.

I only went to Nova because of one particular coin, that I couldn't get elsewhere... - yesterday - using Tor - I even exchanged my NovaPoints and withdrew them as well - just working fine....

They are not based in Sweden, as they claim!

Research for yourself:
http://www.bolagsverket.se/en/us/about/e-services/foretagsfakta
There is no company like "nova exchange" or "nova technology" registered!

As Nova-Exchange doesn't trade in Fiat-currencies, there is no need to have an official registered address, or a formal company - everyone could start a purely online trading company with a internet connection and adequate software... And suing many other exchanges - even with official addresses - might prove difficult... So never leave large amounts of crypto at an exchange (except if you are running your own... Grin).

But to the question of their location - trace route seems to indicate that at least the server is located in Scandinavia - and they are using Central European Daylight Savings time at their site...
coinYeeha

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:20:31 PM

As Nova-Exchange doesn't trade in Fiat-currencies, there is no need to have an official registered address, or a formal company - everyone could start a purely online trading company with a internet connection and adequate software... And suing many other exchanges - even with official addresses - might prove difficult... So never leave large amounts of crypto at an exchange (except if you are running your own... Grin).

Of course there is no need for registering a company, but the questions remain the same:
1. Why they are lying about being a registered Swedish company operating under Swedish law?
2. Why they are hiding their identity?
3. Why they are blocking users without notifying them via email? (the news section is blocked too)
4. Why they haven't given any information or status updates about the IP blocks or hacking attempts on twitter or facebook yet?
5. Why their support isn't reachable without being logged in?
6. Why there's no update about the situation since the 8th of September (six days!)?
7. How could you know, their claims about being hacked are genuine? They lied once...
8. Do you think their behaviour is just highly incompetent or do they know what they are doing and all this is intentional?

Trust your gut feeling! Would you do business with this kind of company in real life?

In my opinion, this novaexchange thing will go ugly any time soon!
LixiR

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:54:24 PM

You can clean the computer with a CCleaner if you have cleaned the scanner's history and there are no results. you will reach the solution.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:38:54 PM

For me it's down since about 3 days - both for my home address as well as for my mobile connection - that use very different IP-Ranges.

But the site went smoothly for me, I should think that just another problem and if i wanna open the site and all of that goes smoothly. But have you tried by use the help from the 3rd party? such as VPN and others?
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:49:43 PM

Hmm, strange probems.. The page is offline for 3 days now. I asked some friends and they said that they can still connect to novaexchange. I really dont know whats the problem. Any solutions?
Inkognito

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:52:13 PM

Just try diffrent IP address,like mobile 3g/4g or friends wifi Smiley
sanojcoin

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:34:05 AM

have the same problem is working with mobile but not on desktop, how to fix?
morbus

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:10:31 PM

I had the same issue to reach it but it works via TOR browser. Saw this message from NovaExchange News announcements:

"2017-09-08 20:46 - We have to block IP-ranges
We are still under attack and this time it is the login page that we can't disable. Instead we have blocked some IP-ranges where most of the attacks are coming from."

Hope this helps Smiley
coinYeeha

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:15:37 AM

Of course there is no need for registering a company, but the questions remain the same:
1. Why they are lying about being a registered Swedish company operating under Swedish law?
2. Why they are hiding their identity?
3. Why they are blocking users without notifying them via email? (the news section is blocked too)
4. Why they haven't given any information or status updates about the IP blocks or hacking attempts on twitter or facebook yet?
6. Why there's no update about the situation since the 8th of September (six days!)?
7. How could you know, their claims about being hacked are genuine? They lied once...
8. Do you think their behaviour is just highly incompetent or do they know what they are doing and all this is intentional?

Trust your gut feeling! Would you do business with this kind of company in real life?

In my opinion, this novaexchange thing will go ugly any time soon!

Update:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Domain/comments/6yv9u8/did_novaexchangecom_just_steal_my_bitcoin/dmwbkyz/
"I'm able to log in now but I a unable to remove any coins because I never, ever receive the confirmation email. I've been trying this every day for the last few days."
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:03:37 AM

I think nova exchange is a great exchange for smaller coins, but it has a bit difficult interface at first

GoodHabit

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:48:33 PM

More information would of course have been better - but if sending an (automated) e-mail to every registered user is an overkill or not, might be debated...
manual e-mails are certainly out of the question..

That you have to be logged in to reach support is quite common Sad - and even if it wouldn't - if you can't reach the homepage, you can't follow a link on that page to support either...
So the only option would have been - you have saved the support e-mail address somewhere, so that you can ask that way...

Update:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Domain/comments/6yv9u8/did_novaexchangecom_just_steal_my_bitcoin/dmwbkyz/
"I'm able to log in now but I a unable to remove any coins because I never, ever receive the confirmation email. I've been trying this every day for the last few days."

Personally, I couldn't reach Nova for about a week with my normal browser, both via Home-Network and mobile connection. But it did work when using a TOR Browser, but slowly...

Since Saturday, mit Home-Network just works fine again, but my mobile connection still doesn't get trough (so they probably unblocked a few IP-Ranges)

I just returned to Nova to dump one particular coin - mostly exchanged it against the one I signed up on Nova in the first place. Withdrawal always worked very fast, confirmation e-mail always within a few seconds at the max.
So the person that doesn't receive the confirmation email might check: What e-mail Address is on his/her Nova-Profile? - and - if this is correct - are all the confirmation emails in the spam filter?

BTW - this is rather a short thread, but I notice people posing the same questions ever and ever again - although they have been answered - so nobody seems to read what others explained?
(Summary - some IP-Ranges are blocked, it you are affected, you might use a TOR-Browser - but the Exchange is up and running...)
coinYeeha

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:59:09 PM

Novaexchange changed their location (in terms and conditions, not on twitter or facebook) to Tanzania, Africa.
https://novaexchange.com/terms_and_conditions/

Huh For real?

This is proof they were lying!
Have fun sending all your coins to Africa!  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: