Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:14:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kin ICO from Kik  (Read 2598 times)
metalbean (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:09:49 AM

I bought a bunch of Kin through the ICO today. Granted the fact that only 10% of the coins are released in the ICO is a bit worrying for the price, but from what I understand the rest will be used for a combination of future funding for Kik as well as a reward system in-app for content creators. So it makes sense they kept a bunch to hand out as payments to content creators in the future. It should take several years for the full coin supply to be on the market.

This is the only crypto that I'm aware of that actual has an existing userbase and actual use cases - it will be the in-app money. While that might give it a lower max usage than coins that aren't tied to a single app, it also means it has about 1000x the real world use that any other coin has right now other than Bitcoin and Ethereum.

$50 million were sold at a discount in a pre-sale. So if we go on the price of 1 Kin in the public ICO ($0.000146...) then the starting market cap of the 1 trillion Kin tokens that will be on the market is $146 million. Personally, for a token that has an actual use case (the currency of a popular app) and an existing user base, I can definitely see the market cap of this first trillion tokens hitting over $1 billion, Perhaps 10x'ing from the ICO price to $1.46 billion, I don't think that's a stretch at all. Plenty of the billion-plus market cap tokens will never actually be used for anything, so there's a good chance Kin will get up there IMO.

That's fair assessment since OMG is already over a billion without a working product, however to give 10% somehow still spooks me, I am on the edge.

Btw, did they do an ANN / BOUNTY in the forum, not that I recall.
metalbean (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:20:59 AM

ICO is going really slow i think. They only collected 15m usd so far (20% of what they aim to collect).

It's not going slowly. The first day of the ICO they allow everyone the opportunity to get an equal share of tokens. So the max you can buy today is $75 million / ~17,000 registered = $4393. Since obviously most people will not be buying the max amount there will be plenty of coins left to buy when the cap is pulled. And it lasts 24 hours so there is no rush to get them right when the ICO started. Tomorrow is when the buy cap is pulled and people can buy as much as they want until the token supply runs out. So far I think almost a quarter of the participants (~2000) have bought the max amount today, so likely a lot of them, plus others, will be buying up whats left tomorrow.

so, how soon do you think the ico will end after the cap is pulled tomorrow? i'm wondering because i feel like the hype around this ico is not strong enough, but i might be wrong.

In fairness, they didn't do any ANN or Google ads, so to get such traction is purely base on Kik's brand name. This is not an endorsement though, since I am also not sure if I should buy, am on the fence given a paltry 10% for public.
LiGuBi

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 05:38:12 PM

KIK is a good ICO, the only thing that concerns me is that they ask too much personal information for participation, maybe they should ask a DNA sample too from us.
metalbean (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:56:53 PM

KIK is a good ICO, the only thing that concerns me is that they ask too much personal information for participation, maybe they should ask a DNA sample too from us.

Haha, it's part of their securities KYC, it might be the new normal in ICOs.

Can I just say that you should take a look at SLVR ICO.
zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:09:36 PM

I was planning to join Kik ico but it wanted so much information (including passport). And their distribution plan isn't interesting for profit seekers.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
arp10

Activity: 826
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:11:39 PM

I was planning to join Kik ico but it wanted so much information (including passport). And their distribution plan isn't interesting for profit seekers.

Why distribution plan isn't interesting?
and Whitepaper looks good
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:31:17 PM

Yes only 1/10th of the tokens are released to the Public . . . the rest goes to Kik and the Kin Team. How they can call this decentralised I'm unsure . . . also the the ICO cap is 75 million x 10 so they're valuing Kin at 750m already, not really in favour of investors.

I'd rather invest my money in Status it's closest competitor.

Yes, I have some Status, and I'm watching Kin but not joining the ICO. I too would rather keep my Status tokens.
I am keeping a close eye on Kik/Kin as a rival. I can't see why they really need a token for what they're doing, but obviously they're an established company with a big reach, so they can't be ignored.
Iris Linus

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:32:49 PM

I ALMOST bought some kin but last minute I told myself no I want to keep my Ether Smiley
shrl24

Activity: 91

www.bitreal.eu

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 04:49:01 AM

Yes only 1/10th of the tokens are released to the Public . . . the rest goes to Kik and the Kin Team. How they can call this decentralised I'm unsure . . . also the the ICO cap is 75 million x 10 so they're valuing Kin at 750m already, not really in favour of investors.

Yes, I have some Status, and I'm watching Kin but not joining the ICO. I too would rather keep my Status tokens.
I am keeping a close eye on Kik/Kin as a rival. I can't see why they really need a token for what they're doing, but obviously they're an established company with a big reach, so they can't be ignored.

The KIN project is pretty similar to Status though. Status also had an ICO with a high cap. They collected around $90b if I'm not mistaken. There will be almost 7 trillion ! tokens in circulation. And while more SNT tokens were distributed during the ICO, they are currently trading about 4x lower than during the ICO.

I bought my SNT tokens at around 0.00001 BTC but they have still lost a lot af value since then (-44%). If this is any indication for the future of KIN then it's clear we'll need a lot of patience. I still believe in the long term success of these platforms though, so I'll hodling for a long time to come.

metalbean (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:07:57 AM

The KIN project is pretty similar to Status though. Status also had an ICO with a high cap. They collected around $90b if I'm not mistaken. There will be almost 7 trillion ! tokens in circulation. And while more SNT tokens were distributed during the ICO, they are currently trading about 4x lower than during the ICO.

I bought my SNT tokens at around 0.00001 BTC but they have still lost a lot af value since then (-44%). If this is any indication for the future of KIN then it's clear we'll need a lot of patience. I still believe in the long term success of these platforms though, so I'll hodling for a long time to come.

What percentage did Status give out to the public?
Use.Your.Brain

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:44:45 AM

1/10 of the tokens will be sold for $125m. So the market cap will be 1.25 BILLION, right?
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:30:10 AM

1/10 of the tokens will be sold for $125m. So the market cap will be 1.25 BILLION, right?

It looks like this. They have good product, team and comunity. They are not startup. It's good, but the fact that only 1/10 of the tokens will be sold at crowdsale is very strange. This can't be called decentralised at all. Moreover, where do they get another 9/10? Whales?
metalbean (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:47:41 AM

It looks like this. They have good product, team and comunity. They are not startup. It's good, but the fact that only 1/10 of the tokens will be sold at crowdsale is very strange. This can't be called decentralised at all. Moreover, where do they get another 9/10? Whales?

They keep it.  Grin
redhack
Legendary

Activity: 1860
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:05:58 PM

Kik messenger is very popular in the US. Kin ICO is successful but I didn't join because they want your dox. I wouldn't give my passport or ID to any ICO. I know they need this due to AML/KYC policies but anonimity is more important for me in this business. It's impossible to trust any company. After it hit exchanges nobody ask for passport, you can buy then if you really want.
shrl24

Activity: 91

www.bitreal.eu

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 06:21:32 AM

Apparently their slack channel doesn't accept new members. Does anyone know when the ICO will end and how soon the tokens will be released after that?

billyj111

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:25:12 AM

In general this ICO fairly good, and the product is cool, but I do not understand why they have 120 million

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
jacafbiz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:57:35 AM

The main concern I have about the KIN project is the exchange listings, since the project is based in Canada and decided to exclude Canadian citizens from investing in their ICOs makes me believed it falls into security categories and no US exchange will jump to list without studying it very well

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
metalbean (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:00:09 AM

The main concern I have about the KIN project is the exchange listings, since the project is based in Canada and decided to exclude Canadian citizens from investing in their ICOs makes me believed it falls into security categories and no US exchange will jump to list without studying it very well

The interesting part is that many ICOs exclude their country's citizen to participate.

The latest is Change bank ICO. They are excluding Singaporeans and Estonians. Singapore is their operational HQ and Estonia is where they registered their company.
Use.Your.Brain

Activity: 173

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:21:58 AM

In general this ICO fairly good, and the product is cool, but I do not understand why they have 120 million

$125m for 10% is too much in my opinion.
metalbean (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:25:29 AM

$125m for 10% is too much in my opinion.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: