Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The panic seller irony  (Read 5676 times)
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:20:42 AM

To my opinion those panic sellers are mainly unexperienced users who react on any price change without thinking, purely emotional and without clue what they are doing. People who are few years with Bitcoin shouldn't make such mistakes anymore and should know better how Bitcoin is functioning.

I've been with bitcoin for at least 4 months and I still consider myself as a newbie in crypto but I never panic when bitcoin price goes down maybe because I kept reading topics here in the forum about the progress of bitcoin price that is why I became confident about it. That's why I believe with what you say that those people who panic sells doesn't know anything about bitcoin and only want to make money. Its hard to make money with something you know nothing about because one wrong move you will lose everything that you have.
Panic Selling in trading always happen for those who are newbies and unexperience in trading. In trading it is best not to be emotional for us to gain profit. Always in mind set to perform better and analyze the market in bitcoin to avoid panic selling and to avoid lose of funds of btc.
Jake052478

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:47:16 AM

I know some coworkers that sold BTC today, they are real casuals, they got into BTC because they heard it went up a lot, they don't know even to set a local wallet so they store their coins on Coinbase or wherever the fuck they buy at.

Well, they sold today at at the dip near the $4000 double bottom.

The irony is, these casuals are the ones that are always complaining about how it's unfair that BTC is distributed in the hands of few whales, YET, they are the ones that constantly panicsell and give their cheap BTC back to these same hands they are complaining about, because guess who is profiting the most on these dumps: whales. They buy lots of cheap BTC.

If you want whales to stop having so much BTC, don't panic sell or you will keep feeding them. Just focus on your own portfolio and keep stacking BTC on the dips. In the long term, we will win.

Yeah... this is so true... we give up so easily and we tend to panic a lot.  I would say, I would want to be a big player on bitcoins currency also... so we have to wait and earn so that we can master and double our profit on it.... Now that the cryptocurrency has regained its strength... I believe these people are crying now.... Japan has just entered to this exchange because they saw the future of bitcoins and cannot be easily stopped... even a threat to it cannot shake the foundation of it... This is the future..... and that future is now....
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 07:52:53 AM

Panic Selling in trading always happen for those who are newbies and unexperience in trading. In trading it is best not to be emotional for us to gain profit. Always in mind set to perform better and analyze the market in bitcoin to avoid panic selling and to avoid lose of funds of btc.

I am trading for some time now but sometimes there is still a tendency for me to doubt my trade because I am still emotional sometimes in trading and I don't like it. During the recent downfall of bitcoin, I did not budge because I know that it will rise up again and I have no doubts about that. Maybe I am already past that period when in every news I would react and immediately buy or sell a coin because of a news or hype. I still continue learning the ways of trading because I believe I still have so much to learn and all the experts didn't immediately become experts. They lose a lot I believe and learn from their mistakes and those didn't learn are the losers and quit.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:01:34 AM

I am trading for some time now but sometimes there is still a tendency for me to doubt my trade because I am still emotional sometimes in trading and I don't like it. During the recent downfall of bitcoin, I did not budge because I know that it will rise up again and I have no doubts about that. Maybe I am already past that period when in every news I would react and immediately buy or sell a coin because of a news or hype. I still continue learning the ways of trading because I believe I still have so much to learn and all the experts didn't immediately become experts. They lose a lot I believe and learn from their mistakes and those didn't learn are the losers and quit.
this should be taking care as early as you can mate, reading and assessing what's really the pointers for you not to go emotional are the most profitable ways in terms of trading though as you mention its really hard to just to close your eyes when the coins are dropping and some fud really creating a big crashed but knowing the fundamentals and those news that will make the project to bounce back are also needs to consider.
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:28:46 AM

I've heard panic sell repeatedly, most of them received considerable losses. I think we should make a wiser decision in the future.
There is no such type of thing to get loss in sales if price become less one should hold and wait for the right moment and then sale at high to get his profit. Only thing that is required is to manage time and be patient. Good time will come though and bitcoin is the only thing where percentage of loss is very so doesn’t need to worry about it and invest more...
Yadstiker

Activity: 373

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:51:41 AM

To my opinion those panic sellers are mainly unexperienced users who react on any price change without thinking, purely emotional and without clue what they are doing. People who are few years with Bitcoin shouldn't make such mistakes anymore and should know better how Bitcoin is functioning.

I've been with bitcoin for at least 4 months and I still consider myself as a newbie in crypto but I never panic when bitcoin price goes down maybe because I kept reading topics here in the forum about the progress of bitcoin price that is why I became confident about it. That's why I believe with what you say that those people who panic sells doesn't know anything about bitcoin and only want to make money. Its hard to make money with something you know nothing about because one wrong move you will lose everything that you have.
Exactly but how can you really be so sure that they wont do it? since they are only newbies and beginners in trading? you cannot really avoid or force them not to panic, its because they lack knowledge and experience. Maybe its really fun to think about those newbies who are easily panicked by just rumors or fake news spreading then after that they will complain why did they lose, but to tell it frankly it was all part your experience to become or considered a full trader.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:03:45 AM

I've heard panic sell repeatedly, most of them received considerable losses. I think we should make a wiser decision in the future.
There is no such type of thing to get loss in sales if price become less one should hold and wait for the right moment and then sale at high to get his profit. Only thing that is required is to manage time and be patient. Good time will come though and bitcoin is the only thing where percentage of loss is very so doesn’t need to worry about it and invest more...
I disagree. It depends on how reliable the coin you're holding is. Panic selling sometimes cam save you money if you're dealing with less trusted and manipulated coins. That happened a lot already to me with lesser known coins that i gambled with

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:30:45 AM

According to the news a bitcoin exchange close its services and other exchanges say they do not receive any instructions from central bank of china and they are working normally but the rumors push the investors to sell bitcoin which leads bitcoin prices to go down. I think if the investors study and watch the market properly the prices will go up.
This is the way to make another down easily. The prices of bitcoins were going up high so panic was created. As you said, Central Bank of China did not announce any orders regarding it but rumors were created and things are against the odd. Better luck to bitcoins.
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:10:02 PM

I know some coworkers that sold BTC today, they are real casuals, they got into BTC because they heard it went up a lot, they don't know even to set a local wallet so they store their coins on Coinbase or wherever the fuck they buy at.

The irony is, these casuals are the ones that are always complaining about how it's unfair that BTC is distributed in the hands of few whales, YET, they are the ones that constantly panicsell and give their cheap BTC back to these same hands they are complaining about, because guess who is profiting the most on these dumps: whales. They buy lots of cheap BTC.

If you want whales to stop having so much BTC, don't panic sell or you will keep feeding them. Just focus on your own portfolio and keep stacking BTC on the dips. In the long term, we will win.

i think all traders been thru this ,we all are one newbie that tend to panic when price suddenly dump
or got affected by those trolling
anyways we all learn from our mistakes , we really have to experience it
lesson learn dont be emotional when trading

Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:16:39 PM

They were probably influenced by the press saying bitcoin was a bubble because it went up too fast.

Did they manage to sell for more than they bought? If so, there's no problem as at least they're happy with their profit. It's the ones who panic sell at a loss I feel sorry for.

Press release really affect the mindset of those mid believers since they can scare them out and throw there balance off and its currently its really happening now and lets hope that the down price will not go to the deepest so that we will not be hurt so bad if we see some great fall down happening on bitcoins for this time.

It's all in the mind. One big factor is the press release and it is very influential. The main aim of press releases is to persuade you and they are doing a very good job at it. Those who don't trust or have doubts especially the new ones will definitely panic sell once they experience a small price dip, they get affected easily. I feel sorry for panic sellers, they must regret it deeply when the price shoots up after they sell.

I've been hearing a lot of news and rumors that bitcoin is a bubble time and time again. It influences a lot to sell and dump their coins but months after, bitcoin continues to stay strong.

Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:48:07 PM

yes it is a tremendous irony to sell bitcoins at cheap prices and incur unexpected losses, you should be able to hold your bitcoins longer because if you know that all traded have their own availability. and bitcoins have very limited availability but very much demand. it makes the price can and potentially very expensive
Colt22

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:24:23 PM

yes it is a tremendous irony to sell bitcoins at cheap prices and incur unexpected losses, you should be able to hold your bitcoins longer because if you know that all traded have their own availability. and bitcoins have very limited availability but very much demand. it makes the price can and potentially very expensive
All the fall that had happened in past was just because of panic investors as rumors come inexperienced one starts to sell and this cause a huge dump. Bitcoin want maturity and patience from its investor and those who are not they also give loss to themselves as well as to bitcoin so kindly calm down at such situation and hold holding does not give loss at all.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:08:55 AM

Having unwavering will and a heart of stone can be achieve through experience. The market is getting stable and people are learning how to trade. Fake news are everywhere and hypes about dump and pump is making people like fools (including me in my early days in the trading industry). Bitcoin is not an alt, so dont compare uts market to altcoins, the only way of its price is UP.

thinkdifferent

Activity: 212

ASK ME FOR LOANS

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:49:24 AM

I disagree. It depends on how reliable the coin you're holding is. Panic selling sometimes cam save you money if you're dealing with less trusted and manipulated coins. That happened a lot already to me with lesser known coins that i gambled with

That's correct. If you know that your coin got a good future then no need to get panic for the short term price fluctuations but if you brought just based on some news then better to sell off those coins.

ASK ME FOR LOANS
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:31:08 AM

i think all traders been thru this ,we all are one newbie that tend to panic when price suddenly dump

Yeah I agree that's why we should always remember what our mistakes so we can avoid committing that again. In fact, even a pro trader sometimes do things unnecessary like out of nowhere. Yeah we should be used in fluctuation as this is all usual in this field like nothing to worry about as the repetition of events always occur here.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:19:18 AM

Yeah I agree that's why we should always remember what our mistakes so we can avoid committing that again. In fact, even a pro trader sometimes do things unnecessary like out of nowhere. Yeah we should be used in fluctuation as this is all usual in this field like nothing to worry about as the repetition of events always occur here.

These people would learn of course in time. Panic selling is a mistake made by people who aren't used to the fluctuation of bitcoin price, mostly newbies. Once they see that the price recovers and goes even higher, that's a lesson already and not many people keep on making the same mistakes all the time.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:19:59 AM

Panic sell is usually done by the people who are newbie to bitcoins and are not familiar with bitcoins price fluctuations.I don't know why people sell bitcoins at loss even though it is general knowledge that bitcoins are long term investment.I think people should study and know about bitcoins or any other coins before investing in them.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:32:55 AM

Patience is the first thing every trader need to adopt if they don't want to loose their investment. No doubt bitcoin price is volatile but indeed it is a reliable investment because it has proved itself in the last couple years. New buyers need to understand that the more they hold the more they will earn, the dips are created by whales so that they can buy cheap bitcoins more.
bots1

Activity: 925
Merit: 274

Next Generation Web3 Casino

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:48:45 AM

the irony for panic sell is bankrupt

█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
█████████████▄▀███████▄▄
███████▄▄████▀▄██▀▀█▀██▄▄▄██▄▄
█████▄████████████████▄▀█▄██████▄▄
████▀▄█▄█████████████████▄▀█████████▄
░▄█████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀██████▌████
░▀████████████████████▀▄█▀███▀████
░░▀███████████▀████████▀▄███████
███▀█████████████▀██████████████
████▀████████████████▀██████████
█████▀██▀▀██████████████▀█████▀

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:20:13 AM

That perfectly explains why we don't see much of the rich people crowd. If everybody was capable doing that then everybody could have been eating in the list of top whales. But then the price could have been very competent as everybody will have the same authority to control the prices (well theoretical). Anyway the panic seller will always be there no matter what because that's in the nature of human. Not everyone can control the thing perfectly and that's why there is imbalance but somehow it's good to have it to run the ups and down in the bitcoin price and letting us make profits from it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: