Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:07:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The panic seller irony  (Read 5676 times)
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:14:30 AM

Now people not panic to sell bitcoin but panic to buy bitcoin. The price is over 6000. Traders try to get free airdrop of BTC gold by holding bitcoin. That's cool that make bicoin is highly demanded by traders. Bitcoin holders sell BTC for the highest price so that they make a lot of profit.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:34:47 AM

well said, usually anyone who complains that BTC's price is too high, does so because they've sold everything when it was low. There is only one way to profit in this industry and that is to be stable and go in one road (by one road I mean don't buy/sell). You simply have to commit that Bitcoin is indeed the future and that it will increase in the short and long term, so it doesn't make any sense to start with unless you'll hold on.
Chance of losing money in bitcoin is nearly zero percent and people are aware about the market rise and fall now and the take everything under their desired prices and this will also minimize the chances of loss and on top of it panicking is in control of investor and those who have serious believe in bitcoin they never get panicked and they know one thing that bitcoin will never let them down it will surely deliver profit.
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:50:26 AM

This panic sellers may not yet really understand the trend of bitcoin. They get emotional, fearful for loss in every bit of bitcoin price movement going down. Of course, the "whales" already know that the best time to buy is when the proces are low, and they also have the capacity to buy a lot from what the others have sold. I guess what pisses you off is their character of complaint, that they are complaining in something they are part or contributor of.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:15:57 AM

Now people not panic to sell bitcoin but panic to buy bitcoin. The price is over 6000. Traders try to get free airdrop of BTC gold by holding bitcoin. That's cool that make bicoin is highly demanded by traders. Bitcoin holders sell BTC for the highest price so that they make a lot of profit.

It is not just a few traders being tempted by free Bit Gold coins. The fundamentals of the market itself seem to be changing. I think we are seeing institutional money coming in. There is no telling where we will end up.
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:43:18 AM

the irony for panic sell is bankrupt
Or maybe greed. Most of the time it will be the reason that you have mentioned but I think people have fear to lose money. That fear pushes them to take wrong steps. We can also consider the fact that the investor might bot have even a tiny trust in his investment. For being successful in crypto currencies, trust and patience play vital role.

I also think that the rate of panic seller would be less in the next dump, if ever, as people now believe more in bitcoin and some famous altcoins.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:24:07 PM

It is not just a few traders being tempted by free Bit Gold coins. The fundamentals of the market itself seem to be changing. I think we are seeing institutional money coming in. There is no telling where we will end up.

Well many are expecting this bubble to pop anytime after the hardfork and then continue it's run a fee days after. Though i din't think panic selling would be as rampant as before from now on because people are already aware of the benefits of holding ground

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:14:12 PM

I know some coworkers that sold BTC today, they are real casuals, they got into BTC because they heard it went up a lot, they don't know even to set a local wallet so they store their coins on Coinbase or wherever the fuck they buy at.

Well, they sold today at at the dip near the $4000 double bottom.

The irony is, these casuals are the ones that are always complaining about how it's unfair that BTC is distributed in the hands of few whales, YET, they are the ones that constantly panicsell and give their cheap BTC back to these same hands they are complaining about, because guess who is profiting the most on these dumps: whales. They buy lots of cheap BTC.

If you want whales to stop having so much BTC, don't panic sell or you will keep feeding them. Just focus on your own portfolio and keep stacking BTC on the dips. In the long term, we will win.
Actually there must be a strong commitment from ourselves in doing that where every time we make a purchase we must be able to find the gap in advance both big and small so that when re-doing the coin sales it can generate extraordinary income. One of the key is we should be able to be patient to wait until the bitcoin price is really high.

Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:28:33 AM

Bitcoin gold is also profitable and those who are ready to welcome this will get the benefit they are expecting and as far as panic selling is concerned it will take time to change the mindset of investor and because it is just because of fear of loss and the one who is investing in bitcoin firstly he must have to understands critics so that he can avoid the possibility of loss and this panic selling affects bitcoin also.
okinnas

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:01:38 AM

Well mostly panic sellers are the newbie to crypto currency, with the hype of social media and advertisements everyone is going with the flow without even reading and gaining enough knowledge about crypt currency. The "whales" are usually the old timers and those with deep pockets that are very patient.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:42:30 AM

Bitcoin gold is nonsense. It seems to me that a great prospect will have a coin segWit2x. The idea is good. It will not happen immediately. But gradually we may face a situation when the market will exist two dominant both currency and bitcoins. We have not seen examples of merging bitcoin. Perhaps in the future we'll see.
ICOGuide

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 10:43:26 AM

At least for another year, I don't think any time is bad time to buy more bitcoin.
Dobmader

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

I know some coworkers that sold BTC today, they are real casuals, they got into BTC because they heard it went up a lot, they don't know even to set a local wallet so they store their coins on Coinbase or wherever the fuck they buy at.

The irony is, these casuals are the ones that are always complaining about how it's unfair that BTC is distributed in the hands of few whales, YET, they are the ones that constantly panicsell and give their cheap BTC back to these same hands they are complaining about, because guess who is profiting the most on these dumps: whales. They buy lots of cheap BTC.

If you want whales to stop having so much BTC, don't panic sell or you will keep feeding them. Just focus on your own portfolio and keep stacking BTC on the dips. In the long term, we will win.

Those who sell on panic sells, are that people who brings the profit to the whales.
If you are a small fish, you should not be day trading on bitcoin, because you will most likely end up losing, you should be only  holding and sell when you need the funds.

I see bitcoin as a very long term investment, and I think that everyone should see it from my point of view.

BTC prices are getting expensive, when everyone wakes up every night to get a small coin. Then collect it day by day. They are very aware of the very difficulty of getting BTC at the moment, and if they lose it is a big disaster. This is what causes panic.
anyone will be afraid to lose their time and money, so that his mind is full of fear.
Yeah the price of the bitcoin is now very high and on the other hand now I is very easy to buy the bitcoin or to earn it, in the future people were not having high information about the bitcoin and the income of the bitcoin was low but now there are a lot of people are getting high income from the bitcoin, buy the bitcoin and the value of the bitcoin will be more than this in very short time.
Kr8os

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 11:45:23 PM

That's the life of a trader in this market. It's pretty common to see buys and sells that are badly timed, but in bitcoin's case, it kind of blew everyone's mind with how high the price rose.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:54:43 PM

the lack of information and just riding the bandwagon of bitcoin trends are the one who will always panic, without tracking the bitcoin history and you just buying bitcoin because of it is in demand and in trend then wake up one day the bitcoin price are dipping down, then te panics goes in, this is where the common scenario of the new bitcoin adaptor, bitcoin had killed many times and more and more people had experience FUD during the early days of bitcoin but if you will study closely the history of bitcoin there are ups and down but upward trend is affirmative, don't look for a short period of time to invest hold your bitcoin until it reach your desired target more than times fold regardless of what price you start buying.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:59:59 PM

the lack of information and just riding the bandwagon of bitcoin trends are the one who will always panic, without tracking the bitcoin history and you just buying bitcoin because of it is in demand and in trend then wake up one day the bitcoin price are dipping down, then te panics goes in, this is where the common scenario of the new bitcoin adaptor, bitcoin had killed many times and more and more people had experience FUD during the early days of bitcoin but if you will study closely the history of bitcoin there are ups and down but upward trend is affirmative, don't look for a short period of time to invest hold your bitcoin until it reach your desired target more than times fold regardless of what price you start buying.

Well this applies to the short term marginal traders who are only bent on making thern profits when the margins shift and not necessarily the long term trader who is just stocking up as much as he can and never really caress about interim fluctuations.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:16:08 AM

The problem is that people invest without knowing what they are getting into, and that is a huge mistake, a mistake that not only people like them make, there are many cases in the forum of people investing in coins they do not even understand and then they complain they lost money with their investments when anyone could have predicted that outcome.
Raline

Activity: 315
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:31:11 AM

I think it's a normal thing to happen if there is a recent news about bitcoin, the case this time is the appearance of bitcoin gold or BTG which has a price of 4 million per 1 coin, naturally if they are busy selling it if I were them I will do the same anytime merut profits if having BTC can 1BTG for free
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:59:20 AM

I think it's a normal thing to happen if there is a recent news about bitcoin, the case this time is the appearance of bitcoin gold or BTG which has a price of 4 million per 1 coin, naturally if they are busy selling it if I were them I will do the same anytime merut profits if having BTC can 1BTG for free

i think panic sellers are unstable people and with such they are just not serious and have no conviction and think they are wise in shifting the goal post as and when it pleases  them. I can tell you such people are mostly losers in the long run and i don't pity them one bit especially those who sell their bitcoins for something else when it tumbles.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:54:28 PM

Having unwavering will and a heart of stone can be achieve through experience. The market is getting stable and people are learning how to trade. Fake news are everywhere and hypes about dump and pump is making people like fools (including me in my early days in the trading industry). Bitcoin is not an alt, so dont compare uts market to altcoins, the only way of its price is UP.
It is really just an irony just like the OP have said. Experience for sure is the best teacher and most of these panic sellers often learn their lessons and understand that FUDs are always created by whales purposely to make them have what they want knowing there are still a lot of weak hands in the community who still have shaky feeling, only for them to gullible fall for the pranks too and dash them their money.

Let's look at it like this, if your fiat is getting devalued, except for a trader who probably is into trading professionally, will you dump your fiat? Bitcoin should be seen as a currency with a lot of hope and support built around it, and that should make everyone believe in what they are holding.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:30:03 AM

Having unwavering will and a heart of stone can be achieve through experience. The market is getting stable and people are learning how to trade. Fake news are everywhere and hypes about dump and pump is making people like fools (including me in my early days in the trading industry). Bitcoin is not an alt, so dont compare uts market to altcoins, the only way of its price is UP.
It is really just an irony just like the OP have said. Experience for sure is the best teacher and most of these panic sellers often learn their lessons and understand that FUDs are always created by whales purposely to make them have what they want knowing there are still a lot of weak hands in the community who still have shaky feeling, only for them to gullible fall for the pranks too and dash them their money.

Let's look at it like this, if your fiat is getting devalued, except for a trader who probably is into trading professionally, will you dump your fiat? Bitcoin should be seen as a currency with a lot of hope and support built around it, and that should make everyone believe in what they are holding.

We can't blame those people who sells the coin once the price dropped.
Most of the people who gets into bitcoin just wants to earn and won't take a risk f loosing more.
So once there is a drop on the price everyone is selling the coin.

When people realize that the price will eventually go higher and higher and avoid this panic selling
the price of the coin will go higher and higher.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: