Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:11:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The panic seller irony  (Read 5676 times)
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:40:48 AM

I know some coworkers that sold BTC today, they are real casuals, they got into BTC because they heard it went up a lot, they don't know even to set a local wallet so they store their coins on Coinbase or wherever the fuck they buy at.

Well, they sold today at at the dip near the $4000 double bottom.

The irony is, these casuals are the ones that are always complaining about how it's unfair that BTC is distributed in the hands of few whales, YET, they are the ones that constantly panicsell and give their cheap BTC back to these same hands they are complaining about, because guess who is profiting the most on these dumps: whales. They buy lots of cheap BTC.

If you want whales to stop having so much BTC, don't panic sell or you will keep feeding them. Just focus on your own portfolio and keep stacking BTC on the dips. In the long term, we will win.

selling panic is a very detrimental behavior that I have ever done in this world of trading, I am very sorry for not knowing if the price will again be expensive again, it is the behavior that makes me lose I regret it.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:31:59 AM

I know some coworkers that sold BTC today, they are real casuals, they got into BTC because they heard it went up a lot, they don't know even to set a local wallet so they store their coins on Coinbase or wherever the fuck they buy at.

The irony is, these casuals are the ones that are always complaining about how it's unfair that BTC is distributed in the hands of few whales, YET, they are the ones that constantly panicsell and give their cheap BTC back to these same hands they are complaining about, because guess who is profiting the most on these dumps: whales. They buy lots of cheap BTC.

If you want whales to stop having so much BTC, don't panic sell or you will keep feeding them. Just focus on your own portfolio and keep stacking BTC on the dips. In the long term, we will win.

selling panic is a very detrimental behavior that I have ever done in this world of trading, I am very sorry for not knowing if the price will again be expensive again, it is the behavior that makes me lose I regret it.
If you know that you have done it a lot of time then you should make it as a basis for you to learn a lot of lessons from that mistakes. Trading is full of emotions because of the fast changing price too so if you will let your emotion to eat you and take over your decisions then you will do the unexpected things like panic selling or panic buying because of the hype. If you know how to manage your emotions then you will win in this game.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:54:19 AM

And how big the irony is, i'm glad that this panic is present in the market, i can enjoy some benefits from it. Of course, i don't have that large amount of money  to became millionaire from such a transaction but still, i can get out the weekly beer money:) so more panic, more beer, perhaps even peanuts. i'm just joking, of course that panic is not a solution in wat ever you are making,  especially in the field of marketplace, so everybody stay calm and wait for the right moment. The train is coming in the station.
AmXProX

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:53:39 PM

Panic selling is an inevitable thing that most people do. Unless you are an experienced trader or you really trust the coin that great you won't get into panic selling. People are panic selling because they are trying to lessen the loss that they had without realizing that it will just cost them of not having a chance to regain what they lost if they do it.

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:36:52 PM

Panic sell is usually done by the people who are newbie to bitcoins and are not familiar with bitcoins price fluctuations.I don't know why people sell bitcoins at loss even though it is general knowledge that bitcoins are long term investment.I think people should study and know about bitcoins or any other coins before investing in them.
Funny enough, some newbies always take their time to learn so as to understand the nature of what they are getting into before they do. I was once a newbie, I never panic sold even when bitcoin dropped hugely in value years ago and I saw it as a chance to buy more.

The reason was because I understood the whole system and the value that bitcoin has to offer and that was what I bought and that is what I will keep buying. That dip back then happened like a dream come true after buying at a higher price at first and I thought to myself, if someone is too rich enough to dump their coin for losses, then thanks to them for making me richer.
BitcoinRapid

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:08:01 PM

The panic selling trend may also be explainable by investor who invest beyond a sustainable means. Having a reserve of savings can help you wait out the dips in bit coin price.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:24:40 PM

People are panic selling because they are trying to lessen the loss that they had without realizing that it will just cost them of not having a chance to regain what they lost if they do it.

People for once should understand that as long as they aren't selling their coins, they don't lose anything. It's purely their focus on fiat that makes them consider to sell or not. If you buy 1 BTC, regardless of how much the price goes up or down, you'll always have 1 BTC, which is something that will never change. Ultimately, panic selling is the result of someone not understanding how this market and its heavy fluctuations work. People are basically gambling on a good outcome, where if things don't go to their plan, selling is the only option for them.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:29:11 PM

The panic selling trend may also be explainable by investor who invest beyond a sustainable means. Having a reserve of savings can help you wait out the dips in bit coin price.
Explainable in a way that many wants to chase their profit and they don't want to lose more. This has been happening all the time, even the old time bitcoiners are still feeling this way include me to those people that are still panicking. Yea, those people that has savings will be having a good and right timing to buy some more when the price of bitcoin went to a dip and during that time, just buy.
giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:19:42 PM

The sale of panic is not a trend, it is a big impact and the psychology of the user bitcoin or any altcoin. There are always untrue rumors, if it spreads quickly, it will affect a lot of people, and make them nervous, then sell the coins they have. From there, the rumors will benefit.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:37:38 PM

I agree. The people jumping into the crypto currencies now are people who know too little or nothing about how the system works. They just get in the bitcoin technology because they have seen massive increase for this coin within this year. And that probably is the reason why they often panick easily and sell their possessions when they see price drops. Even when the price is lower than what they have invested in. That is why whales benefit a lot.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:11:21 PM

Panic selling is an inevitable thing that most people do. Unless you are an experienced trader or you really trust the coin that great you won't get into panic selling. People are panic selling because they are trying to lessen the loss that they had without realizing that it will just cost them of not having a chance to regain what they lost if they do it.
Panic selling is usually done by the newbies who don’t have much experience in the coins and by this way when the prices start to fall they start selling all what they have and by this way they get loss and also give a huge loss to bitcoin suggestion to them is that first learn and then come into the practical field stay connected to the experienced investor and don’t waste your money holding is the best option.
Mr. Thang

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:53:36 PM

Well obviously, their aim for bitcoin is only for short-term, thus their reasoning makes perfect sense despite the decrease on its price. I mean, I wouldn't complain if a friend of mine bought bitcoins and sold them right after its value fell since they fear losing all of their investments regardless of the future price of bitcoins. Personally, I would suggest that you help your colleagues by explaining it to them the nature of bitcoin, and that situation was only a normal occurrence in order to avoid the same mistake again and again.

Cryppy_guyL

Activity: 325

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:58:41 PM

The sale of panic is not a trend, it is a big impact and the psychology of the user bitcoin or any altcoin. There are always untrue rumors, if it spreads quickly, it will affect a lot of people, and make them nervous, then sell the coins they have. From there, the rumors will benefit.

Panic sales are always beneficial to the most persistent. Whales specifically spread negative rumors to cause panic among beginners. And then they buy cheap coins. You have to be calm all the time

skyflakes88

Activity: 124

▰▰ ARENA SPACE ▰▰

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:12:36 PM

they say when you are itching to sell don't reverse it because that's what the market makers are trying you to do perhaps they have been manipulating the market by that time you'll suffer the same fate as the ones who joined the wave but if you don't and did the reverse you are safe

Pixyoxx

Activity: 291
Merit: 119

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:44:50 PM

Panic selling definetely is benefiting whales because people new to bitcoins dont understand the trend of rise and fall of values of bitcoin and get the sudden jolt with a sudden decrease in value and tend to sell them in the fear that it doesnt decrease further.

In this hurry, they end up selling bitcoins in a very low price and unknowingly helping whales stack more cheap bitcoins.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:52:07 AM

Now people not panic to sell bitcoin but panic to buy bitcoin. The price is over 6000. Traders try to get free airdrop of BTC gold by holding bitcoin. That's cool that make bicoin is highly demanded by traders. Bitcoin holders sell BTC for the highest price so that they make a lot of profit.

It is not just a few traders being tempted by free Bit Gold coins. The fundamentals of the market itself seem to be changing. I think we are seeing institutional money coming in. There is no telling where we will end up.
If institutional money is really coming to bitcoin then the price is going to skyrocket in a way we have never seen, the current bull trend will be nothing compared to what it is coming if your prediction is right and in fact that is what I’m waiting for and it is the reason why I’m not selling my bitcoin, it is simply too soon to think about selling when the biggest growth in the market is still to come. 
salihno71

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:38:28 AM

Most of the panic sellers came to the cryptos mainly for the quick profits. So the those reactions are not surprise.
Kennedymaster

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:49:36 AM

Yes i would not recommend it and it is funny because people who sell in panic lose a lot and the people who buy it from them they have a lot of profit so i would say just do not sell in panic have faith in your coin specially bitcoin.
Shiertwo99

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:58:02 AM

I always think like i should sell when the value goes down but deep inside i always keep believing in bitcoin and so i didn't sell my bitcoins so i just wait for the value to rise to make more profit. I do feel bad for the guys who sold their bitcoins but that just means that they didn't believe.
pecson134

Activity: 630

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:42:10 AM

Being a panic seller because the value of bitcoin continuously decreasing is not really a good way or the right attitude you should be showing or doing. A panic seller incur so much mistakes because this comes from impulse and sometimes deciding irrelevantly due to rushing. As what you said, this is the time those whales gains advantage because they know there would be someone that would panic and sell their bitcoin on a whim.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: