Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:55:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The panic seller irony  (Read 5672 times)
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 03:12:13 PM

Well bad thing for them because they are not doing some planning before doing investment with cryptocurrency. They are just like jumping in the water without the knowledge of  how deep the water could be. Anyway it is still considered as normal since most of us will commit mistake and the best part of it is that we are able to learn from it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:25:32 PM

I know some coworkers that sold BTC today, they are real casuals, they got into BTC because they heard it went up a lot, they don't know even to set a local wallet so they store their coins on Coinbase or wherever the fuck they buy at.

Well, they sold today at at the dip near the $4000 double bottom.

The irony is, these casuals are the ones that are always complaining about how it's unfair that BTC is distributed in the hands of few whales, YET, they are the ones that constantly panicsell and give their cheap BTC back to these same hands they are complaining about, because guess who is profiting the most on these dumps: whales. They buy lots of cheap BTC.

If you want whales to stop having so much BTC, don't panic sell or you will keep feeding them. Just focus on your own portfolio and keep stacking BTC on the dips. In the long term, we will win.
What you say is completely logical and it makes sense but you are asking too much from them, in my experience there are two types of people when it comes to looking into the future, those that concentrate in the short term and those that concentrate in the long term, those that think only in the short term may talk about the long term all day but when faced with a decision they will always choose what it feels right at the moment.
Emaxxx

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 04:28:44 PM

I can remember when I bought a coin which did about 1700% growth not knowing it was a pump, the coin grew to 3500% I refuse to sell I thought I hit big, then it started dumping, sold below what I bought, then it started going up again, I ended up buying it again..bfro I realized it was a pump, I lost almost 80% of my investment

developer101dev

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:30:46 PM

I know some coworkers that sold BTC today, they are real casuals, they got into BTC because they heard it went up a lot, they don't know even to set a local wallet so they store their coins on Coinbase or wherever the fuck they buy at.

The irony is, these casuals are the ones that are always complaining about how it's unfair that BTC is distributed in the hands of few whales, YET, they are the ones that constantly panicsell and give their cheap BTC back to these same hands they are complaining about, because guess who is profiting the most on these dumps: whales. They buy lots of cheap BTC.

If you want whales to stop having so much BTC, don't panic sell or you will keep feeding them. Just focus on your own portfolio and keep stacking BTC on the dips. In the long term, we will win.

Those who are panic selling their coins today will only lose their profit even more because the market price is dropping, you can think positively and try to invest even more since the market price is dropping.
kive2k

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:19:26 PM

Well, when there is an opportunity to live without touching their crypto-currency reserves Smiley No way should not sell your savings at an undervalued price.
maraclariss14

Activity: 234

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:38:55 PM

What you say is completely logical and it makes sense but you are asking too much from them, in my experience there are two types of people when it comes to looking into the future, those that concentrate in the short term and those that concentrate in the long term, those that think only in the short term may talk about the long term all day but when faced with a decision they will always choose what it feels right at the moment.

Agreed, people like that are normally the most easiest type of persons, predictable actually, they tend to invest in a long term period and then sell it in a lower price? thats the panic sellers are doing, it makes me think that those people have no patience for their funds or profits, It seems that they are oing that cause they think it is right but in reality it is wrong in anyway.
Dark Sky

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:50:43 PM

Agreed, people like that are normally the most easiest type of persons, predictable actually, they tend to invest in a long term period and then sell it in a lower price? thats the panic sellers are doing, it makes me think that those people have no patience for their funds or profits, It seems that they are oing that cause they think it is right but in reality it is wrong in anyway.
Yes many people have no patience and a little bit volatility in bitcoin can lose their all money because they sell their bitcoin in very cheap price and that's why they lose their profit and also some money, so be a patience hold your money in bitcoin and wait for its high price.

andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:59:01 AM

Another thing with the ongoing market is the price drop happening from such a big value to a value low to $6500. It needs to change to mark a new growth history with cryptocurrency.
If people understand that the price of bitcoin a year back was below thousand dollars then they wont complain unless they invested when the price was at an all time high, i am sure majority must have left the market selling at a loss but they need to understand the market before investing rather than trying to invest their money without knowing the market.

Indeed, if we see bitcoin price history, bitcoin price right now more high than last year. If peoples buying bitcoin above $10k, they must be worry but they should not worry because bitcoin predicted rising to $60k end this years
squog

Activity: 462

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:15:01 AM

Too true! I've been preaching the same lines to my friends and it just fell on deaf ears. I still see thwm selling coins at dios and actually buyin at raises and keep on complaining to me why they don't see profit from their holdings. These are same people that complain endlessly when the market is red. Ugh so frustrating.

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:10:47 PM

They do not have the patience, they just invested in bitcoin because it was popular but in a few months they will be investing in stocks or in mutual funds or in something else that is popular at the moment and they will lose money there as well, a true investor knows why he bought in the first place and he is not going to sell just because the price went down.
localcrypto

Activity: 287

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:11:36 PM

crypto currency is still growing market and market volatility is quite common in this market so we should nt feel panic and keep selling the coins very often it does nt make u wealthy when u are panic investor
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:43:00 PM

I do agree with you, holding as much btc as possible it will be a way for btc prices to rise again and with a hold, big profit opportunities will not only side with the whales alone but will be evenly distributed, but it is very difficult especially in people who are not yet economically stable and relying on their earnings only from btc, the bad issues are so strong in influencing their minds that panic happens and they can make a reckless decision that will make big losses, do not most of those joining in this forum only expect to get a quick profit but they are not ready yet if you risk getting lost
Claudyah

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:56:14 PM

It's not surprising that not everybody has the risk tolerance for such speculative markets. I'd be happier if crypto could be accessible to more people as a utility but sadly it's all tied to bitcoin's price a bit too much.
how not to panic the price drops so drastically when the ratio between buying and selling is so far they are confused how to do it while buying moderate rise prices and now when it is in need of very down prices and everyone will surely panic.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:01:37 PM

This was last year irony in which a huge difference from today. I was bought my Bitcoins at $19,000 but i lost my hard earned money already when the Bitcoins price drops at $9,000 because of keep on holding. My point is we can't blame your friends if they sold it earlier and did not hold it for a while because we really don't know what will be the future of Bitcoin as we all knows that the price is very unpredictable. Like today in which the Bitcoin price is now at $5,800 in which if i still keep on holding or did not sell my Bitcoin from $9,000 before then i will not be able to cut the losses and will not be able to save a little from my ATH investment.
VentureHero

Activity: 86
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:06:39 PM

Guys, you need to see the whole picture and not to be limited to the short term. Unless you want to do daytrading, just buy your BTC, put them somewhere safe and forget about them for few years.

It is also valid for those buying in December.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:35:43 PM

This was last year irony in which a huge difference from today. I was bought my Bitcoins at $19,000 but i lost my hard earned money already when the Bitcoins price drops at $9,000 because of keep on holding. My point is we can't blame your friends if they sold it earlier and did not hold it for a while because we really don't know what will be the future of Bitcoin as we all knows that the price is very unpredictable. Like today in which the Bitcoin price is now at $5,800 in which if i still keep on holding or did not sell my Bitcoin from $9,000 before then i will not be able to cut the losses and will not be able to save a little from my ATH investment.
That is why it is always best to have a cut loss target even though you don't have to be a trader and you are just investor because if you have a cut loss target even though you are an investor then you could possibly stop a deeper potential loss in investing. Panic selling is a good characteristic as long as you know your cut loss targets.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:51:53 PM

Guys, you need to see the whole picture and not to be limited to the short term. Unless you want to do daytrading, just buy your BTC, put them somewhere safe and forget about them for few years.

People are most of the time very short sighted when it comes to investments and that is a very serious issue because whenever they see that their investments starts to go down, they are in a panic mode to start selling and they lose out of profits as a result.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:55:07 PM

People are most of the time very short sighted when it comes to investments and that is a very serious issue because whenever they see that their investments starts to go down, they are in a panic mode to start selling and they lose out of profits as a result.

It is indeed a problem present in the community most especially in cryptocurrency. Maybe it is because they realize the volatility of it is higher than those of the traditional investment. Panic selling usually occurs to those people who are new to cryptocurrency though.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
lkjhg

Activity: 744

Join On COMBO

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:05:25 PM

there are still many people who do not understand crypto so they are scared and sell their crypto cheap

aspalela

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:49:26 PM

I think people who have sold their shares in February and we can see they will regret so quickly when BTC prices will go back up again, but complain about their minds decisions that bitcoin prices will continue as it happens in the last few months, because They always sell when the price touches resistance and it makes the seller stronger than the buyer who generated the decline again, whereas many people expect the escape to occur and go beyond price resistance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: