Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:27:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinorama.net - BTC markets & network charts + blocks list  (Read 23995 times)
razibuzouzou (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 251

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 06:14:59 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2016, 06:45:19 PM by razibuzouzou
Merited by th3nolo (1)

Hi everybody,

I am glad to announce : http://www.coinorama.net
I hope it can be useful. Of course, there are some limitations, hopefully it will be addressed with time.
Do not hesitate to post feedbacks, ideas, etc. !

Current Status - 17th January 2016

The website will be taken offline around January 19th.

Source code is now available under AGPL at : https://github.com/coinorama/coinorama
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:34:38 PM

In an announcement it's good to say what your site actually does Wink
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 06:47:55 PM

In an announcement it's good to say what your site actually does Wink

Oh yeah, sorry, I posted that in a rush Smiley

So, the website currently shows MtGox BTC/USD trading history (supporting more exchanges and currencies is in the roadmap).
Left side shows :
  • conversion rate
  • demand vs. offer ratio (basically, >1 hints that traders are in a buying mood)
  • transaction volumes
  • engine and socket lag

Right side shows :
  • order book evolution (gaps between asks and bids)
  • order book (cumulative or not)

The view is refreshed every 10 seconds.
methax

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:28:11 PM

Does look very nice. Can someone confirm no act of malicious intent from OP?
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:11:06 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 10:15:33 PM by razibuzouzou

Does look very nice. Can someone confirm no act of malicious intent from OP?
Well, I am trying to be as accurate as possible. My data come directly from the exchange.
When the platform is mature and stable, I think I'll release it under GPL. Then, you'll be able to serve your very own Coinorama.

The website have been updated many times since last week.
Among the most important changes :
  • Bitstamp data are now available (first record created yesterday, one-week and two-weeks charts will need some time to be complete)
  • Webpage title is updated regularly, with a little arrow indicating rate's evolution
  • Fixed an issue experienced by Firefox users (slowdown of the mouse tooltip after some updates)
  • Fixed an issue with the lag measurement of MtGox
  • Added 2-weeks view

This week-end, I'll implement a new feature (which AFAIK is not available on other charting websites), stay tuned !
murfshake

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:44:19 PM

I always about more charts!  Is there candle stick views available?  Thank you.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 12:48:35 PM

I always about more charts!  Is there candle stick views available?  Thank you.

love your charts. add in the candle sticks and it will be super.

razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 08:01:45 PM

Thanks for the positive comments Smiley
I have candlesticks in my roadmap, but I'd like to adress a few other features first.

Cheers !
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:04:53 PM

Thanks again for the link in the other thread. Having fun with the ratio chart but I have a problem.

You said that buying is synonymous with a ratio over 1. But, it you look at the first two charts on the left side - 1. price & 2. ratio,
it seems that the ratio dropping is synonymous with the price going up and vice versa. I understand the ratio is above 1 overall, but isn't something off or what am I missing?

See pic below, especially far right side showing divergence.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 02:23:53 PM

Hi,

What you describe is expected as the "normalized" Bids/Asks ratio depends on the rate.
So, if the rate goes up, the "normalized" ratio goes down, and vice-versa.

Example :
Rate is 120 USD/BTC
Bids/Asks ratio is 150 USD/BTC (meaning : the order book contains 150 USD of bids for each BTC of asks)
Then, the normalized Bids/Asks ratio is : 150/120 = 1.25 (meaning: the bids/asks ratio is greater than the rate)
If the rate goes down, the normalized ratio goes up because of the widening gap between Bids/Asks ratio and rate.
If the rate goes up, the normalized ratio goes down because of the shrinking gap between Bids/Asks ratio and rate.

If the rate is stable and the Bids/Asks ratio changes, that means the order book has been modified.

Looking at the normalized ratio is not easy because you have to track rate movements as well.
However, it is a shortcut to compare the order book to the rate.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:59:48 PM

Thanks for the info, a bit clearer to me now.
Any reason why Bitstamp is way below 1? (I think it was around .4 or so) on the bid/ask ratio chart).

Also, have you played with combining the ratio chart with any other indicators? I have a feeling there might be something there.  Wink   But, just a feeling...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 07:34:33 AM

Any reason why Bitstamp is way below 1? (I think it was around .4 or so) on the bid/ask ratio chart).

Also, have you played with combining the ratio chart with any other indicators? I have a feeling there might be something there.  Wink   But, just a feeling...

Well, there aren't that much bid orders on Bitstamp, thus the Bids/Asks ratio is low.
Regarding that low volume of bid orders, I am afraid I can't provide any explanation, but the Speculation guys may have some insights Wink

I would be glad to add other indicators, based on the ratio chart or any other number stored by Coinorama.
If you have a precise request (description + calculation formula), I'll give it a try.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:35:04 AM

Well, there aren't that much bid orders on Bitstamp, thus the Bids/Asks ratio is low.
Regarding that low volume of bid orders, I am afraid I can't provide any explanation, but the Speculation guys may have some insights Wink

I would be glad to add other indicators, based on the ratio chart or any other number stored by Coinorama.
If you have a precise request (description + calculation formula), I'll give it a try.

I don't know which indicator per say to use, but if you were to go through some of your more favorite ones (e.g. - MACD, when EMA's cross, money flow, etc.) and somehow connect
that to your bid/ask ratio and then back test it and see where it was meaningful. Know what I mean?

Thanks again for the description. It is interesting to look back (two weeks is your max) and see how the bid/ask ratio came down recently and is going back up now. It would be
interesting too look back a few months to see what it looked like during the big rise and boom, etc.

BTC = Black Swan.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:33:23 AM

Fantastic tool! Rarely happens that a new one besides clarkmoody, bitcoincharts and one or two others enters my daily bitcoin routine, but your site did immediately.

Can I a make a few suggestions? Some things that don't work 100% yet, at least for me...

1) button to disable moving averages. not always needed, and they tend to cover the price graph which i tend to look at more often.

2) labels in window 1 (rate USD) and window 2 (bids/asks) tend to cover up the price. Maybe it's just on my small-ish screen, but if the price graph is in the upper third of the screen, the labels cover large parts of it.

3) as you gather more data (or if you include historical data that you can download, AFAIK), could you implement the option to go back further than 2 weeks?

4) perhaps the biggest selling point of your website for me is that it finally includes the option to look at the order books of the 2 biggest exchanges. but:

4.1) any chance you can include the 3rd largest, btce, as well? together they acount for 80? 90? percent of the entire USD market, so seeing the order books those 3 exchanges would really mean something.

4.2) even if 4.1 is not an option right now, could you perhaps include the option to "aggregate", under what is now the "both option". Ideally, if you would have 3 exchanges (or even for the 2 you have now), the "both" option shows the separate graph of the exchanges. However, I would love to see a checkbox that adds up the data of all exchanges. Sure, it would be an average that is not entirely accurate for any particular exchange, but to gauge the market as a whole, I would find it extremely useful.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 12:52:26 PM

Fantastic tool! Rarely happens that a new one besides clarkmoody, bitcoincharts and one or two others enters my daily bitcoin routine, but your site did immediately.

Can I a make a few suggestions? Some things that don't work 100% yet, at least for me...

1) button to disable moving averages. not always needed, and they tend to cover the price graph which i tend to look at more often.

2) labels in window 1 (rate USD) and window 2 (bids/asks) tend to cover up the price. Maybe it's just on my small-ish screen, but if the price graph is in the upper third of the screen, the labels cover large parts of it.

3) as you gather more data (or if you include historical data that you can download, AFAIK), could you implement the option to go back further than 2 weeks?

4) perhaps the biggest selling point of your website for me is that it finally includes the option to look at the order books of the 2 biggest exchanges. but:

4.1) any chance you can include the 3rd largest, btce, as well? together they acount for 80? 90? percent of the entire USD market, so seeing the order books those 3 exchanges would really mean something.

4.2) even if 4.1 is not an option right now, could you perhaps include the option to "aggregate", under what is now the "both option". Ideally, if you would have 3 exchanges (or even for the 2 you have now), the "both" option shows the separate graph of the exchanges. However, I would love to see a checkbox that adds up the data of all exchanges. Sure, it would be an average that is not entirely accurate for any particular exchange, but to gauge the market as a whole, I would find it extremely useful.

Wow, thanks for this thorough feedback ! It's much appreciated and motivating Smiley

1) Sure, I'll add a setting for that as soon as I have figured out how to organize settings (creating a dedicated panel, adding icons, etc.)

2) That's not easy to fix properly : if I reduce the range of the Y-axis, lines will be less precise ; on the other hand, I have no way to detect overlapping of lines with the legend

3) As soon as I have 1-month history for MtGox, I'll enable it ; downloading previous data can be done, but I am afraid I won't have all the data required to compute all charts

4.1) I have BTC-e support ready, BUT I have a lot of troubles fetching their data regularly (their servers may be overloaded). Besides, I am afraid that adding lines to the order book charts makes them unreadable.

4.2) Indeed, cumulating (and averaging when relevant) the data of all exchanges can be done, I'll add that similarly to the 1st item.

Yesterday, I saw a very nice increase of the requests to my data engine (x5 in a day), that's really cool Smiley
I also received a second donation ! My objective is to get the hosting funded by the users (thus I wish I'll receive about 0.8 BTC per month).

In addition to the suggestions listed above, I also have a couple of items in my todo-list, I'll do my best to balance my efforts between all of them.

I am currently working on candlesticks support : it should be online tomorrow ! (the upgrade may break current data connections, you'll have to reload the page to get it back).
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:21:51 PM

2) That's not easy to fix properly : if I reduce the range of the Y-axis, lines will be less precise ; on the other hand, I have no way to detect overlapping of lines with the legend

Couldn't you simply place the legend outside the box? Or make the font smaller, so that it takes up less space? On my screen, the legend covers almost half-way the horizontal dimension of the box. For comparison, in a single, bigger box like on clarkmoody it covers, maybe 5%, 10% of the box, on my screen.

Yesterday, I saw a very nice increase of the requests to my data engine (x5 in a day), that's really cool Smiley
I also received a second donation ! My objective is to get the hosting funded by the users (thus I wish I'll receive about 0.8 BTC per month).

In addition to the suggestions listed above, I also have a couple of items in my todo-list, I'll do my best to balance my efforts between all of them.

I am currently working on candlesticks support : it should be online tomorrow ! (the upgrade may break current data connections, you'll have to reload the page to get it back).

Heh, I was wondering how popular your service was so far. I'll mention it a few more times on the speculation forum.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 02:10:14 PM

Couldn't you simply place the legend outside the box? Or make the font smaller, so that it takes up less space? On my screen, the legend covers almost half-way the horizontal dimension of the box. For comparison, in a single, bigger box like on clarkmoody it covers, maybe 5%, 10% of the box, on my screen.
Yeah, great idea ! I'll try to play with a couple of parameters and improve that.

Heh, I was wondering how popular your service was so far. I'll mention it a few more times on the speculation forum.
I don't have much statistics regarding the web-server.
I only record the number of requests my data engine serves : right now it's about 150 per minute ; that means there are about 15 people with the page opened.
The engine can support much more, bandwidth will probably be a bottleneck first if the number of users explodes.

I am done with candlesticks, I'll enable it in a couple of hours.
It's not perfect, but usable.
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 09:08:28 PM

Given the current activity on the exchanges (and on the website), I am postponing the upgrade to tomorrow.
Besides candlesticks, I packed some other little improvements.
I'll let you know when it's up  Grin
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 07:27:39 AM

All right, upgraded version is up and running !

Amon others, new features include :
  • Candlesticks support for USD/BTC rate ;
  • Preferences window ;
  • Enabling/Disabling the display of moving averages.

Please, if you had the website running in the background, reload the page (possibly twice if your browser has a conservative cache policy).

Greetings to oda.krell for his comments and ideas.
Hopefully, I'll be able to add a few other stuffs before the week-end.
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 07:33:45 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 10:59:15 AM by razibuzouzou

Hi,
I just added Kraken to the exchanges available.

Greetings !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: