Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:47:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinorama.net - BTC markets & network charts + blocks list  (Read 23998 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:05:33 PM

Hey Razibuouzou,

Been a while, just started using your site again, wow, come a long way.

You know, I've been looking for a USD BTC volatility chart. I've seen it mentioned before on the Genesis Block but can't find a chart like that.
I think it would be really beneficial as an extra aid to look at before breakouts.

Here is a bit of a description on them. http://bitcoinmagazine.com/6543/bitcoin-volatility-analysis/
If not, do you know where I can find a USD BTC volatility chart?

Keep it going,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
razibuzouzou (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 251

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 09:53:46 AM

Hey Razibuouzou,

Been a while, just started using your site again, wow, come a long way.

You know, I've been looking for a USD BTC volatility chart. I've seen it mentioned before on the Genesis Block but can't find a chart like that.
I think it would be really beneficial as an extra aid to look at before breakouts.

Here is a bit of a description on them. http://bitcoinmagazine.com/6543/bitcoin-volatility-analysis/
If not, do you know where I can find a USD BTC volatility chart?

Keep it going,
IAS

Hi IAS,

Thanks for passing by !
I have seen volatility charts pasted in the speculation forum, but I can't remember where there were coming from.

Along with the current market activity, we're currently breaking the previous records for simultaneous connections to Coinorama ! It's definitely motivating to keep up and make improvements.
As you may have read along this thread, my TODO list keeps increasing, so I can't give you any timeframe, but : there will be an additional chart type which will capture either volatility or velocity.

Kind Regards
tarui

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:53:40 AM

is it possible for the window to show just the candle sticks and information like buy/sell volume are at the bottom with options to add MAs, trend lines, etc like https://www.tradingview.com/v/GTbFdsiS/

razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:35:33 AM

is it possible for the window to show just the candle sticks and information like buy/sell volume are at the bottom with options to add MAs, trend lines, etc like https://www.tradingview.com/v/GTbFdsiS/

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
As soon as I have some spare time, I want to address the previous requests (Gimmoroy, Oda and IAS messages).
I'll work on the candlesticks and volume display later on Smiley
Regards,
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 05:08:36 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2013, 05:20:47 PM by razibuzouzou

Hi !

I just pushed a little update in order to address some of your comments.
Coinorama now shows BTC-China (CNY figures are converted to USD using market conversion rate, updated every hour).

• Added BTC-China exchange
  • Removed Kraken exchange display (data are still being pulled)
  • Added an option to hide the order book charts (right part of the screen)
  • Extended 5-months view to 6-months

This update was published in a rush given the current market activity, BTC-China market share will be updated automatically as soon as I've pulled enough data.

The website audience has been multiplied by 4 these weeks, thank you all for your support Smiley

ps: don't forget to reload the page a couple of times in order to flush your browser's cache !
boozer

Activity: 309

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:27:53 AM

I receive this message for the last few hours:

Code:
Sorry, an error occured.

The service is being upgraded/rebooted.
Please reload the page in a couple of seconds.
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 10:44:37 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2013, 10:48:58 PM by razibuzouzou

I receive this message for the last few hours:

Code:
Sorry, an error occured.

The service is being upgraded/rebooted.
Please reload the page in a couple of seconds.

Sorry, that was a little nasty bug.
I disabled 6 months view for today, it will come back tomorrow.

edit: 6-months view is back
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 09:23:12 AM

Hi !

As some of you may have noticed, I pushed a little update last night.
The display has been redesigned in order to move some of the charts on the side.
It's an important step towards : adding more charts and infos, enabling better user customization.

• redesigned charts layout
  • added a chart that shows the relative rate between exchanges (click on the legend to select the reference exchange)
  • moved order book buttons
  • fixed charts font size
  • removed Helvetica font face default

Enjoy !
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 03:54:57 PM

Please, give back large view of order book  Cry

Sorry about that.
My plan is to enable users to move small charts into the main area; it will be available as soon as possible.
aznewsh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:52:24 PM

Looks awesome - how difficult would it be to create an additional page replicating this for LTC <ducking>  Smiley
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 08:49:32 AM

Looks awesome - how difficult would it be to create an additional page replicating this for LTC <ducking>  Smiley

Thanks Smiley

The biggest requirement for this is writing the code that fetches data from exchanges.
It's not that difficult. As soon as LTC gains some more traction (and I have some spare time), I'll implement it.
sandos

Activity: 440

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:25:04 AM

I noticed some crazy volumes on mtgox on coinorama, but It doesnt look the same on clarkmoody:

http://imgur.com/AXi1lMo
http://imgur.com/BEfdeTk

razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 08:48:58 AM

I noticed some crazy volumes on mtgox on coinorama, but It doesnt look the same on clarkmoody:

http://imgur.com/AXi1lMo
http://imgur.com/BEfdeTk

Thanks for pointing this out.
I am not sure about what happened, my logs do not show any error. There was a spike of volume (bitcoinity shows it as well), but Coinorama seems to have captured a much larger one.
I'll investigate further and fix my code if I find a bug.
Imahara

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:00:31 PM

Really like the site, well done.

Only problem is that the data point are spaced too far apart when you zoom in to the 1 hour or 10 minutes view. Then all prices look like horizontal lines and it becomes impossible to see (relative) movements.

Could you include a bigger section of time on the horizontal axis, so we can actually see some price movement? Would be really useful. Possibly the ability to zoom out in time?

Even a tick sized time period would be great.

Thanks!!!!
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 06:18:49 PM

Really like the site, well done.

Only problem is that the data point are spaced too far apart when you zoom in to the 1 hour or 10 minutes view. Then all prices look like horizontal lines and it becomes impossible to see (relative) movements.

Could you include a bigger section of time on the horizontal axis, so we can actually see some price movement? Would be really useful. Possibly the ability to zoom out in time?

Even a tick sized time period would be great.

Thanks!!!!

Hey, thanks for passing by.

Regarding 1 hour and 10 minutes, there should be a data point every one minute and 10 seconds respectively (this is not always the case according to each exchange API lag however).
I could increase the precision, but it would have two consequences : more bandwidth usage and a bit more pressure on your browser's performance.
I am slowly working on reducing bandwidth requirements, but at the same time, there are more and more users !

Anyway, I could probably add a small preview of a longer time period as you suggest ; I'll try that and estimate the bandwidth requirements.
If it works out, I'll add it to the site Smiley
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 05:09:03 PM

Hi everybody,

Another week-end, another update !

• Reduced bandwidth usage a little bit
  • Added a button to expand/reduce order book charts
  • Added enable/disable buttons to the B/A ratio and lag charts
  • Improved BTC-China data gathering (many thanks to comboy !)

I am not 100% happy about the order book charts expansion, however I am running out of time.
As usual, expect improvements in the future Smiley
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 09:12:34 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 08:44:54 AM by razibuzouzou

Hi,

I am glad to announce that digitalcurrencyresearch.com is now sponsoring Coinorama !
This will help securing the website's future, and will also be used to raise Bitcoin awareness through donations and gifts.

Speaking of the future, I am now working on a major overhaul of the website.
It may go live by the end of February, stay tuned for more info !

Greetings Smiley
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 04:17:38 PM

Hi,
Quick week-end update to address a user request : it is now possible to chart the market share (in %) of the exchanges.
Enjoy !
razibuzouzou (OP)

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 06:15:08 PM

Hello,

Just pushed a little update which removes MtGox from the website, this is a follow-up to their infamous press release.
Instead, Coinorama now shows Kraken exchange.

This update also brings enhancements to bandwidth usage and paves the way to the next major update Smiley

Don't forget to refresh the page in your web browser in order to flush its cache.
btcx
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 07:09:36 AM

Hello,

Just pushed a little update which removes MtGox from the website, this is a follow-up to their infamous press release.
Instead, Coinorama now shows Kraken exchange.

This update also brings enhancements to bandwidth usage and paves the way to the next major update Smiley

Don't forget to refresh the page in your web browser in order to flush its cache.

This is awesome.  Thanks for putting us up!  I hope you'll support EUR pairs soon, where we'll be able to contribute more meaningful data.  Our USD volume is pretty tiny, unfortunately.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: