Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:11:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elastic(XEL): The Decentralized Supercomputer. The Golem Slayer. MOON.  (Read 8260 times)
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:44:57 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 12:46:51 AM by dbt1033

Hi, you guys might rememeber me from my threads on:

Decred:  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1741989.0

Sia:  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1836426.0

Lisk:  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1832027.0

Radium:  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2084797.0

Florincoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2113839.0

Syscoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2128959.0

Ardor:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2156522.0

Game:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2160179.0

I am here today to talk about Elastic.
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XELBTC/87j7DdvE-Elastic-The-Decentralized-Supercomputer-The-Golem-Slayer/

So what is Elastic?

Elastic is an open-source project that aims to build the first decentralized supercomputer. Elastic has been developed over the last year or so and provides the infrastructure for a decentralized and distributed super computer, designed to carry out arbitrary tasks over the internet. In this context, Elastic is powered by a crypto currency ( XEL 0.56% ) and provides a market-based mechanism to buy and sell computational resources. Those who need computational resources, model their problem using Elastic’s programming language (Elastic PL) and broadcast it on the network, along with a certain amount of XEL 0.56% coins. The Elastic miners are then motivated to offer their computational resources in exchange for a portion of those XEL 0.56% coins. The size of their reward depends on the amount of work a miner has contributed in relation to the rest of the miners that have also participated in the task. Using XEL 0.56% as the driving force, Elastic offers potential buyers a large parallel computation cluster composed of many CPUs and GPUs supplied by the miners.

Fundamentally, this project is in a good place, as its main competition (golem) has a market cap over 5x as high as it does. Being an open source project with arguably better technology and 1/5 the value of its "competition", Elastic has some serious upside.

The demand for computational resources will only rise with time and Elastic has a brilliant and decentralized solution for addressing this demand.

Technically, we can see some serious accumulation in this range, as elastic continues to bounce from the orderblock indicated by the green box on this chart. We are extremely close to breaking out of this wedge formation, which should propel elastic to the 20-24k satoshi range.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
topcigars

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:45:32 PM

hope you are right.
im a Big fan of Elastic
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:41:20 AM

hope you are right.
im a Big fan of Elastic

There is no right/wrong... just TA.

The TA for this one looks good, and it has good fundamentals to propel it.
thangoffshore

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:01:47 AM

It's started increasing. I'm loaded few hundreds XEL few days ago when the price is around 9k.

Plan to load more, but the price has increased.

dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:14:01 AM

It's started increasing. I'm loaded few hundreds XEL few days ago when the price is around 9k.

Plan to load more, but the price has increased.

Wow nice entry... doesn't get much better than that
yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:49:51 AM

You're right. Xel project have great potentialities.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:14:46 AM

Looks a good project and it has not mooned yet. Golem has gone nowhere for last three months so
 may sell half of it to put in Elastic instead.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 04:00:48 AM

Just bought some XEL. Great find as always.

Im a big fan of your threads and have made some money from them. May i however ask how you find these "hidden-gem" coins? I was thinking of going to cryptopia and reading about each of those coins one by one until i find something good but it seems to time consuming.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:03:14 AM

Im a big fan of your threads and have made some money from them. May i however ask how you find these "hidden-gem" coins? I was thinking of going to cryptopia and reading about each of those coins one by one until i find something good but it seems to time consuming.

Go go coinmarketcap.com... look in the top 200.... research them all.  Boom!
nadrojcote

Activity: 234
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:09:20 AM

I follow him and a few other guys on twitter that are similar. It appears they do their research and are aware of pretty much every alt coin with good fundamentals. Then it's just a matter of watching their price. DBT is great at finding the coins with best fundamentals and perfect TA timing.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 04:15:05 AM

Awesome read. I'm a big supporter of Elastic, hopefully this will bring some more interest to the project, a lot of recent fud has  has made some people reluctant on investing.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:27:10 AM

I follow him and a few other guys on twitter that are similar. It appears they do their research and are aware of pretty much every alt coin with good fundamentals. Then it's just a matter of watching their price. DBT is great at finding the coins with best fundamentals and perfect TA timing.

Thanks man... much appreciated.  A lot of this comes from doing this for a LONG time. 

I do a lot of research, but my friends do a lot of research as well. 

Number 1 piece of advice I can give it to make good friends while you're here.
SomeGuyInOz

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:37:46 AM

Thanks man... much appreciated.  A lot of this comes from doing this for a LONG time.  

Thank you for sharing.  I'm always looking for your posts now, although I always seem to jump on these things a little too late.  XEL is floating around 11700 sats now.  Would you still jump in at this point or have I missed the boat on this one?
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:42:33 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 04:57:49 AM by dbt1033

Thanks man... much appreciated.  A lot of this comes from doing this for a LONG time.  

Thank you for sharing.  I'm always looking for your posts now, although I always seem to jump on these things a little too late.  XEL is floating around 11700 sats now.  Would you still jump in at this point or have I missed the boat on this one?

No way... you haven't missed the boat.  

Have a look at this though:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2156522.msg21589362#msg21589362

"It kills me to see that people are investing precious bitcoin with so little patience.  

I often see this with new investors... fomo all-in on one coin because a bunch of noobs are talking about it (good sign it's top), then sell for a loss to fomo a lesser all-in on another.  

The key to success in this game is patience.  

Find good projects.  Then find a good place to buy them.  Then wait.

I like spreading my bets around... so I do serious research to determine how much of my portfolio I want a particular asset to represent.

For example:  Ardr is a really serious project with a really serious team.  It's on several big exchanges / therefore pretty liquid.  I might be ok having a bag that represents 15-20% of my portfolio on something like this.  Other coins that don't meet these criteria (they might be really ambitions but with unproven dev team... or maybe they just aren't that liquid) might be a good pick to represent 3-5% of your portfolio.

I understand that a lot of times, when you are new... you don't have much to play with.

If this is you (no shame, we all start somewhere), pick two projects... join the slacks so you know what's going on.  Follow twitter posts about the projects.  Read the forums.   This will help you judge sentiment.  
Make sure to buy at a good time to minimize a drawdown..... you can take a free trading course at www.babypips.com to help you realize what is a good buy and what isn't.  

When you have entered 1-2 projects, hold on for dear life.  Fight the temptation to sell for a loss (unless you really fucked up with your buy... but I'm sure you will make a few mistakes along the way.)
There is a lot of hype in crypto.  Do not fall into the cycle of chasing hype.  You want to buy projects BEFORE everyone else is talking about them, not AFTER.  If everyone and their mother is talking about something, it's likely too late.

Make sure to check out www.coinmarketcap.com.  My favorite projects are those with <200mm market cap.  This is because there is a lot of potential upside for low-medium cap projects.  

Good luck investing guys... it's a wild ride but can be incredibly rewarding.  Learn to realize your faults, sit on your hands, and learn from your mistakes.  Becoming a successful investor takes time.  There is a reason 90+% fail.  Be persistent."

Is this going to be one of the projects you are going to commit yourself to?  Do you want to go balls deep learning about Xel and do you want to hodl Xel for months even if you are underwater?

I think it's a great project and it could be "that" coin to many people, but you need to make your own decisions. Smiley

theXcode

Activity: 137
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:11:14 AM

My friend i invested in Syscoin. Would you recommend selling it and buying XEL?
kurumi

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:41:36 AM

Awesome investment advice report, thank you .

I suggest if people want invest the xel. Please read the fully xel threads. You will find different from other projects. This project focused on development & Coding. (NOT marketing)
WildJippy

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:44:34 AM

I was contemplating to pick up XEL yesterday. Now seeing your topic and a 20% price inrease I should've trusted my analysis. All right, still in.

dadonn

Activity: 175

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:59:16 AM

I've owned XEL on and off for a couple of months now. Got in when it originally pumped from around 60 to 110. Then it was very hit or miss. Went as high as 255 if i recall correctly. The one thing to keep an eye out for is this coin can be very manipulated. Good idea to time your entry and don't lose patience. Coin will swing. Don't know if the recent support will put an end to that. As for the project, it is interesting. It's different than Golem because it requires coding to customize it, not plug and play. Applications are considered a little more academic in nature and has something of a science bent to it. Developers strike me as labor of love kind of people. If this coin pops now, I'd say it was overdue. Don't think it will 5x to Golem's stature and maybe it shouldn't but it's growth may be imminent. There was another thread, by ReeFrew maybe- made enemies and friends- where he would make his calls and go buy the coins. Picked OMG, Qtum very early on and at one point, dumped them all to go all in on XEL. Thought it was going to intergalactic by year's end. Ended up pulling out and his thread was controversial but the point is, there has been interest surrounding this coin for awhile and it never quite took off. Now that there's TA to support it coupled with growing awareness, it does look pretty good. Personally, I've come to hate this coin for the way it's been manipulated but I think we can forgive each other. Smiley

Count me in.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1441

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:32:30 AM

@dbt1033. I like this project and I reckon it is not overvalued like Golem. Golem has a very big market capitalization and no working product. That is not a good sign.

But is it true that one of the founders called Lannister disappeared and holds the keys to the ICO funds collected to support development? What are the latest updates on that issue?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:48:58 AM

I've owned XEL on and off for a couple of months now. Got in when it originally pumped from around 60 to 110. Then it was very hit or miss. Went as high as 255 if i recall correctly. The one thing to keep an eye out for is this coin can be very manipulated. Good idea to time your entry and don't lose patience. Coin will swing. Don't know if the recent support will put an end to that. As for the project, it is interesting. It's different than Golem because it requires coding to customize it, not plug and play. Applications are considered a little more academic in nature and has something of a science bent to it. Developers strike me as labor of love kind of people. If this coin pops now, I'd say it was overdue. Don't think it will 5x to Golem's stature and maybe it shouldn't but it's growth may be imminent. There was another thread, by ReeFrew maybe- made enemies and friends- where he would make his calls and go buy the coins. Picked OMG, Qtum very early on and at one point, dumped them all to go all in on XEL. Thought it was going to intergalactic by year's end. Ended up pulling out and his thread was controversial but the point is, there has been interest surrounding this coin for awhile and it never quite took off. Now that there's TA to support it coupled with growing awareness, it does look pretty good. Personally, I've come to hate this coin for the way it's been manipulated but I think we can forgive each other. Smiley

Count me in.

ahahah! i remember ReeFrew's thread as i was witless enough to go and buy XEL in the middle of the pump just to find myself with 33% loss 10 days after and feeling so incompetent that i didn't even manage to get rid of the damn coin but kept looking at it sinking of value in my wallet and hating it more by the day  Angry

well, i'm loving the topics of DBT as they already rang the upturn bell for two coins that i held for long and stupidly didn't sell for profit at the right time (FLO & SYS, hopeully ARDR)... if the same trick is going to happen with XEL, i'll definitely turn into a believer. thanks much for now, great posts!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: