Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] LOCI Thinking Better. Together.  (Read 9620 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bsean

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:46:57 AM

Is this market regulated?

Yes the market is regulated

The laws on vary from state to state.

Some States are favorable others are not,

some are still deciding.

The link below is to an article that details the law of each state.

https://steemit.com/blockchain/@maxprophet/united-state-regulation-2017-bitcoin-and-blockchain-regulation

On the federal level,

A couple months back the Securities Exchange Commission (“SEC”),

warned a that some digital “tokens”or “coins” will be  considered “Securities”

and therefore subject to the laws and regulations that govern.

To determine if a coin is a Security They applied the Howey test.

The Howey test basically states, If money is invested in a common enterprise

with the expectation of profit

gained by efforts of others,  it is a Security.

Here is a link to; The Laws That Govern the Securities Industry

https://www.sec.gov/answers/about-lawsshtml.html

Here is a link to; INVESTOR BULLETIN: INITIAL COIN OFFERINGS

https://www.investor.gov/additional-resources/news-alerts/alerts-bulletins/investor-bulletin-initial-coin-offerings

@jackjeffreys- Thank you for the education here as I can see that your deeply concerned about the legalities regarding CryptoCurrencies, ICOs and regulators and all. That is fair enough. However since not one word in this comment mentions this project I would conclude that this comment falls outside the scope of this project and needs to be flagged as off-topic here in this [ANN]Thread and belongs somewhere else such as 'Marketplace'>'Securities' which you can locate on the 'Home' Page of BitcoinTalk.org because its relevance is General comparable to a passenger wearing a seat belt while riding in an automobile. Any thorough study or even highlighted reading of the whitepaper or SAFT clearly shows that when it comes to legalities the Officers of this project spent most likely over $100k USD and retained Cooley LLP to write up the SAFT and cover all legal basis. If your not familiar with Cooley LLP they are the Law Firm in the Silicon Valley that has represented Facebook, Twitter, Cisco, Tesla, Google, Uber and the Golden State Warriors. This leaves me to assume that this project has covered its basis legally. Thank you for your information above however lets try to keep on topic and relevant here. Thanks!

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
D McCann

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:12:08 AM

InnVenn makes the patenting process more secure and confidential by making the whole process transparent.

Finally a patent process that all of us can understand and use.  Can you imagine all of the exciting new products that will finally see the light of day?!

D McCann

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:25:31 AM

Can someone please tell me the fundamental difference between fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies?

Debra M

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:11:17 AM

Can someone please tell me the fundamental difference between fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies?

In cryptocurrencies, there is a fixed number or a fixed amount of them that are created.

Debra M

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:39:25 AM

How will your tokens gain in value?  What's in it for ICO investors?

Supply and demand will catapult the value of the LOCI Coin and those of us that get in on the ground floor will reap the benefits!

Debra M

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:51:00 AM

It sounds to me that Loci was founded with one goal, to change the way we all invent and the value of an idea as a whole.

Chase13

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:05:09 AM

It sounds to me that Loci was founded with one goal, to change the way we all invent and the value of an idea as a whole.

I agree and would like to add that the talented Loci team specializes in simplifying the patent search process and utilizing unique visualizations to further understand the landscape of ideas.
D McCann

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:15:28 AM

Loci is a company that aims to change the way we invent and value ideas. The company specializes in simplifying the patent search process.

Debra M

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:20:52 AM

Loci is a company that aims to change the way we invent and value ideas. The company specializes in simplifying the patent search process.

Loki’s vision is to make the process so easy and efficient that it spawns new invention and innovation.
Chase13

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:25:54 AM

Loki’s vision is to make the process so easy and efficient that it spawns new invention and innovation.

The developers see an opportunity to use Ethereum’s smart contracts to secure intellectual property for inventors and companies.
D McCann

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:28:14 AM

I can't wait for Loci to migrate over to the Ethereum protocol and begin testing its smart contract technology within the InnVenn platform!
D McCann

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:50:27 AM

On the BlockGeeks website there is a good article for those of us who would like to familiarize ourselves with BlockChain.

What is Blockchain Technology? A Step-by-Step Guide For Beginners

https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-blockchain-technology/
D McCann

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:22:08 PM

I just found the following recent article written by Loci's CEO John Wise on the Medium website:

Staking a Claim in the InnVenn Marketplace

https://medium.com/@John_Loci/staking-a-claim-in-the-innvenn-marketplace-de9e03a05de3

D McCann

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:39:41 PM

I just found the following recent article written by Loci's CEO John Wise on the Medium website:

https://medium.com/@John_Loci/staking-a-claim-in-the-innvenn-marketplace-de9e03a05de3

In his article, John Wise writes "On the InnVenn platform, you can begin the process of claiming your invention by simply searching for it. When other inventors come along after you with similar ideas, they will be able to see that you already came up with and claimed the invention; saving them wasted funds in research and development and saving you the cost and headache of litigation."

Chase13

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:59:16 PM

In his article, John Wise writes "On the InnVenn platform, you can begin the process of claiming your invention by simply searching for it. When other inventors come along after you with similar ideas, they will be able to see that you already came up with and claimed the invention; saving them wasted funds in research and development and saving you the cost and headache of litigation."

What I like about InnVenn is that you’re able to choose whether your claim is searchable on the database.

Debra M

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:05:46 PM

What I like about InnVenn is that you’re able to choose whether your claim is searchable on the database.

Yes and if you choose to make your claim searchable, your claim shows up alongside other patents in the system, resulting in a traceable disclosure event if someone searches for a similar idea and views your claim.

Chase13

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:11:04 PM

Yes and if you choose to make your claim searchable, your claim shows up alongside other patents in the system, resulting in a traceable disclosure event if someone searches for a similar idea and views your claim.

I believe it is the disclosure event that gives you a 12-month grace period to file a patent on your idea.

ccccccc7

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:29:13 PM

Ive known an inventor and he told me once that the patent thing is so slow and large its getting ridiculous
Debra M

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:05:24 PM

I would like to learn more about InnVenn's "whitespace" and how their Venn Diagram can show you where there is room for inventions and new ideas.
Chase13

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:13:37 PM

I am also interested in learning how I can sell my invention or idea as part of an IP pool by registering it with InnVenn.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: