Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:31:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG)  (Read 104131 times)
caleb150

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:30:46 PM

Unlike bitcoin cash hard fork which was directly from the block chain bitcoin gold will be using GPU and an entirly new algorithm then what bitcoin currently uses. But BTG in terms of the currency it looks pretty dead and wont show very much support in the long run.

Don't believe this man. It's nothing but an altcoin that can be mined by using GPU. That's it, then there is nothing makes it special. It's not bitcoin, it's just a regular altcoin. There are already lots of similar ones on the market.

Bitcoin gold is an alt coin. It's mineable and another speculative vehicle like Bitcoin.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptotsunami

Activity: 114
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:28:23 AM

Unlike bitcoin cash hard fork which was directly from the block chain bitcoin gold will be using GPU and an entirly new algorithm then what bitcoin currently uses. But BTG in terms of the currency it looks pretty dead and wont show very much support in the long run.

Don't believe this man. It's nothing but an altcoin that can be mined by using GPU. That's it, then there is nothing makes it special. It's not bitcoin, it's just a regular altcoin. There are already lots of similar ones on the market.

Bitcoin gold is an alt coin. It's mineable and another speculative vehicle like Bitcoin.
I think bitcoin gold is part of dragon slayer black propaganda but get busted because of whistle blower. It is indeed a pump and dump coin, you will get profit from it if you know the trend.
Bart_37

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:12:38 PM

https://forum.bitcoingold.org/t/bitcoin-gold-roadmap-2018/208

https://i.imgur.com/nc2kbb3.jpg
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 07:20:29 PM

Good to know there is active development, I was worried they would dump all coins and leave this chain alone. Gotta get rid of the few BTG I have, knowing there is development I wait for greener pastures then. Not gonna get rid of it at $300 when in this alt run could be $600 tomorrow Cheesy.

niknik1966

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:07:39 PM

Has fallen to 274 dollars and continues to fall, as well as all coins. We must assume that it will continue to fall. Up to 240?

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀

SECURITY DECENTRALIZED

daberti

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:44:21 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 01:05:57 AM by daberti

Has fallen to 274 dollars and continues to fall, as well as all coins. We must assume that it will continue to fall. Up to 240?

Long period support (79 days) is at about 218USD. Medium period Support (20 days) is at 202USD.
Prices are well below Ichimoku Cloud. RSI is below 50% and descending.
https://www.tradingview.com/x/TYH8Wczf/

The general drop is dealing with that
https://www.coindesk.com/south-korean-cryptocurrency-investors-face-fines-for-anonymous-accounts/
All the 20 major cryptos are losing but NEO (Chinese ETH) and Monero (Anonymous coin). Put the pieces together. It is NOT difficult, believe me.

Other ludicrous news are that with the BTG/KRW trading pair Bithumb + Upbit + Coinone + Korbit hold at present time 83.41% of the BTG market volume.
None of these exchanges is (wisely enough) being computed by Coinmarketcap for determining avg price (reason already been said).

Mr.Smithers

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:22:15 PM

This current move is great. I don't know much about BTG I just
inherited coins at the fork, so I don't know yet what is driving them
Current rise in price.

Unlike what I did with the previous bitcoin fork coins, selling BCH
at $950 I will be holding as BTG gains popularity.

well there was an active and powerful organization behind BCH and that is what was (and still is) driving its price.

With BTG there is nothing like that, the devs were even struggling to even go live with their product.

So I think that while you can safely assume BCH price will go up in par with bitcoin, then it is best to exchange your BTG to something else. But it is my thinking only Smiley
daberti

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:07:11 PM

well there was an active and powerful organization behind BCH and that is what was (and still is) driving its price.

With BTG there is nothing like that, the devs were even struggling to even go live with their product.

So I think that while you can safely assume BCH price will go up in par with bitcoin, then it is best to exchange your BTG to something else. But it is my thinking only Smiley

There is no safe Harbour for no coin these days. BCH included (to my joy).

On top of that -as I said many times before- it was a clear danger having Korean exchanges as the predominant ones for BTG (for any kind of coin I guess it is clear by now). Doomsday has come.

ETH, XRP, BCH, BTG and many Others fell down at the sheer notice that Korean exchanges were required to comply to KYC requirements. Guess why?
Also BTC fell, albeit to a lesser extent up to now.

At writing time...
XRP -33.72% (hooray)
BTG --29.77% (I told you BTG devs)
ETH -26.98% (failure to break over 1.400USD consistently)
BCH -26.65% (joy)
BTC -19,16% (I'm still well above stop loss triggering)

For BTG: 18, 26 and 58 day support lines are in negative slope. I won't even feel like talking about the FIB Retracements which show an almighty punishment since the low of 12-10 of 2017.
daberti

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:08:34 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 03:22:06 PM by daberti

Bitcoin Gold is a fork of bitcoin just like Bitcoin Cash. one of the notable changes is that they have changed algorithm to equihash which makes it asic resistance and its a memory intensive algorithm. The idea is to bring back GPU mining plus some other changes.

Which didn't make it diving resistant  Grin
mjnick01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:14:23 PM

Bitcoin Gold decentralizes mining by adopting a PoW algorithm, Equihash, which cannot be run faster on the specialty equipment used for Bitcoin mining (ASIC miners.) This gives ordinary users a fair opportunity to mine with ubiquitous GPUs.
Bitcoin Gold is a free open source software project that is built by volunteer developers and supported by a rapidly growing community of Bitcoin enthusiasts that stretches around the globe.
Hard forking Bitcoin’s blockchain fairly and efficiently distributes a new digital asset immediately to people all over the world who have interest in cryptocoins. Other methods, such as creating coins with a new genesis block, concentrate ownership within a small group.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:18:42 PM

I am absolutely against all the forks of bitcoins, because I think that they just used its open source code, they just could not think of anything new, of course, maybe they modified the code a little, but I do not think that they are worthy of money simply because of these forks
d_x

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:34:37 AM

Current rise in price.

could what they say about satoshi's vision be true? like its the peoples coin or something and the people run the network also. I mean it is one of the best to mine for profits with nvidia geforce 1070 , 1080, 1080ti right now. Maybe everyone can have a 16 gpu mining rig in their home and escape the rat race?

everything I say is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. definitely not sound financial advice.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:19:49 AM

Current rise in price.

could what they say about satoshi's vision be true? like its the peoples coin or something and the people run the network also. I mean it is one of the best to mine for profits with nvidia geforce 1070 , 1080, 1080ti right now. Maybe everyone can have a 16 gpu mining rig in their home and escape the rat race?

I want to refer to your idea: Maybe everyone can have a 16 gpu mining rig in their home and escape the rat race

Well, for one thing I had a 6 GPU (only 6!) mining rig at home and it had a dedicated room. The heat it emmited was enormous so I had a home-made fan based cooling system, so it was not only hot (in summer) but also loud like a small jet plane. To help the fans in winter I would turn the heating off and open all windows so it became very cold in the room. You wouldn't want to be living your regular life next to 16 GPU mining rig!

I don't think that it is something that an average Joe can put under his bed in a bedroom.
iwosh

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:32:24 PM

I am absolutely against all the forks of bitcoins, because I think that they just used its open source code, they just could not think of anything new, of course, maybe they modified the code a little, but I do not think that they are worthy of money simply because of these forks

I generally agree with your opinion, but there are some forks which are actually not a forks (virtual fork - for better distribution), like Bitcore (BTX). That is the only one I found out to be an acceptable "fork". and more than that.

So if someone is looking for GPU coin with the idea of bitcoin, but better, faster, tx cheaper, even with amazing airdrops for next 3 months (5% of your balance every monday), this is the way to go.
d_x

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:21:26 PM

Current rise in price.

I want to refer to your idea: Maybe everyone can have a 16 gpu mining rig in their home and escape the rat race

Well, for one thing I had a 6 GPU (only 6!) mining rig at home and it had a dedicated room. The heat it emmited was enormous so I had a home-made fan based cooling system, so it was not only hot (in summer) but also loud like a small jet plane. To help the fans in winter I would turn the heating off and open all windows so it became very cold in the room. You wouldn't want to be living your regular life next to 16 GPU mining rig!

I don't think that it is something that an average Joe can put under his bed in a bedroom.

Ha ha but its all a learning thing isnt it, maybe people that know nothing about computers join the party. You dont have to start off big (for average joe) with a 16 GPU miner, you can just get say, put a system together with 2 1080 ti's and you just get your foot in the door, it will bring in about $20 dollars a day, but the beauty is you start trading and learning and making mistakes and knowing who to trust with minimum risk and then when you are confident you can scale up.

everything I say is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. definitely not sound financial advice.
Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:36:57 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 01:47:59 PM by Pan Troglodytes

Current rise in price.

Ha ha but its all a learning thing isnt it, maybe people that know nothing about computers join the party. You dont have to start off big (for average joe) with a 16 GPU miner, you can just get say, put a system together with 2 1080 ti's and you just get your foot in the door, it will bring in about $20 dollars a day, but the beauty is you start trading and learning and making mistakes and knowing who to trust with minimum risk and then when you are confident you can scale up.

Sure I scaled up, I started with a computer wit 3GPU that was fixed for me by the computer store, but then I learnt some more and figured out that I had some old PCs so why not buy some additional GPUs and power units and fans and I fixed them myself.

I can only tell you, that even a one GPU system mining 24/7 is not feasible if you want to live your life around it.
d_x

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:48:37 PM

Current rise in price.

Sure I scaled up, I started with a computer wit 3GPU that was fixed for me by the computer store, but then I learned some more and figured out that I had some old PCs so why not buy some additional GPUs and power units and I fixed them myself.

I can only tell you, that even a one GPU system mining 24/7 is not feasible if you want to live your life around it.

you missed the point entirely so maybe you are a fake, the one gpu you live your life around is your gaming computer, your mining computer(s) can be somewhere else making money !?!

Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:56:09 PM

Sure I scaled up, I started with a computer wit 3GPU that was fixed for me by the computer store, but then I learned some more and figured out that I had some old PCs so why not buy some additional GPUs and power units and I fixed them myself.

you missed the point entirely so maybe you are a fake, the one gpu you live your life around is your gaming computer, your mining computer(s) can be somewhere else making money !?!

well I am not sure what is your experience, but the moment you turn the miner on, your GPU really stops being a nice quiet addition to the PC, it becomes a loud and hot monster with all fans on max speed. Try to do it at night, you'll see what I mean.

EDIT: some years ago I used my work laptop for mining, at that time nobody really heard of it so I had no fears that IT departament intervenes. It was quiet, but even then (what was it? 2012? 13?), it brought like a dollar per month. All my experiences with real GPU units tell me it is very loud.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:58:20 PM

well I am not sure what is your experience, but the moment you turn the miner on, your GPU really stops being a nice quiet addition to the PC, it becomes a loud and hot monster with all fans on max speed. Try to do it at night, you'll see what I mean.

I have a Sapphire RX 580 8GB Limited Edition in my rig at home. It is currently mining DGB at full intensity and the fans do not run at max speed and is actually pretty quiet. I guess it depends on the algo you are mining. It stays relatively cool in the mid 70s also.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:05:09 PM

I have a Sapphire RX 580 8GB Limited Edition in my rig at home. It is currently mining DGB at full intensity and the fans do not run at max speed and is actually pretty quiet. I guess it depends on the algo you are mining. It stays relatively cool in the mid 70s also.

haha you may be right. At that time I played with those babys: Radeon HD7870, I had Gigabyte and MSI brands and they always went crazy 5 seconds after the miner was started
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: