Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2018, 10:48:36 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Thousands of Wallets Compromised and Funds Stolen  (Read 2223 times)
runz

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:22:23 PM

Maybe the design flaw is your stupidity? The iota wallet and network however are secure. You can't blame iota if you disclose your private key
What is actually your contribution to this whole issue? Other than calling people stupid? Crawl back in that hole you came from, fanboy, if you have nothing to contribute.

My contribution is to correct your claims because most of them are simply not true. If someone asks you for a proof to your claim you only tell them they should open their eyes or they are fanboys.

Btw. I don't call people in general stupid.. It's just you I'm calling stupid because you have proven your stupidity with this thread.
The World's Betting Exchange

Bet with play money. Win real Bitcoin. 5BTC Prize Fund for World Cup 2018.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
walterw
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:09:11 PM

I was think to by some IOTA at that time. I am really lucky in this situation.
Also this bad news directly affect the price of IOTA. Maybe right now is much better time to invest.

I hardly believe that the price dropped because someone stole the coins from others. If you have not noticed, just about all coins have a price decline, so it can not be due to IOTA itself.
In addition, you would have lost your coins only if you had left the creation of your seeds to a third party.

MadMac

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:51:40 AM

Btw. I don't call people in general stupid.. It's just you I'm calling stupid because you have proven your stupidity with this thread.
That's fine. Says more about you than you could do in any other way. Welcome on my banlist, fanboy  Cheesy
Pennyblocks

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:03:01 PM

Where is a timeline of tackling problems??? Where is a bunch of solutions???  Embarrassed
Cryptohustler51

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:11:11 PM

Does it mean my IOTA's are stolen too now???

https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/35097838/Iotawallet.png
Lareina

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:16:48 AM

Do not understand, on the official website how can be stolen, if so, the team should have a bit of responsibility, their own website has not been changed in time to be found.

sakurathuy99

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:17:55 AM

God, that looks really bad. IOTA can suffer strongly after these happenings. I don't realise how such a big project with an enormous capitalization could allow to scam their users so easily? That cannot be understood...
Rexxxem

Activity: 323

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 06:37:42 PM

this is a serious blow to the world of crypto-currency. I'm just about to expand my coin portfolio. I think we should carefully consider the choice
yahata145

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:53:24 PM

Just login to your wallet and you will see if you still have your IOTA's or not.. I am storing them on my exchange,
so i am not running with that risk at the moment.
hello.cutie390

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:51:59 AM

I think, no system is ever created to be perfect as hackers always making a way to access your account without your permission and steal everything you have in your wallet. This has not been a new issue about cryptocurrency anyway.
yahata144

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:27:06 AM

nothing to help people and nothing to fix the issues. Typical German way of solving problems, sit them out and do as if nothing would have happened. Terrible.
pozmu

Activity: 567
Merit: 501

😢

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:50:11 PM

Please tell me is the current version of IOTA Light Wallet stable and secure???

Or is it better to use BETA Trinity wallet for Android?

I bought some IOTAs in hope to recovering my losses from stupid decision in other cryptos, but now I don't know how to take it off from the exchange!

Thanks

bought too late, sold too early, didn't claim my coins = story of my life
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

I like to better myself and be more knowledgeable.

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:29:45 PM

Damn, this is very shocking. I can only imagine how devastated the IOTA wallet users are when this happened.
it is pretty clear and easy to see that the one at fault here is IOTA and not its users because they are not the
ones who designed the wallet and decided how it should work. They are only users that have trusted the promises
of the IOTA team themselves to them. I sure hope this serves as a lesson and never happens again because there
are lives being ruined every time incidents like these happen.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((   BIDIUM   )))         Pre-ICO Active  |  JOIN NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |      TWITTER      |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
drerd

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:51:59 AM

Does anybody  really understands  what happened  ?

No funds were stolen  ,    if people were dumb enough  to  generate seeds(passwords )  online it`s their own fault   , practically they used the passwords given by the scammers .   It`s like you generate the password for your bitcoin wallet online ,  it`s only your fault .

On IOTA site  it`s clearly specified how to create an offline SEED ,   it`s not rocket science , but people  like to blame everybody else for their  mistakes .

Your Iotas are safe as long  as your seed is generated by you   and not by some online shady generator .  The same can be said about ANY password for ANY wallet  ,  including  BTC ,ETH  , MYetherwallet etc .
criss ronaldo

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:11:31 AM

Still, IOTA wallet is kind of a mess. I still do not understand why they did not use a password as an additional layer of security. And BTW: I did not use a key generator and I still lost a considerable amount of IOTA..
lucy5632

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:13:27 PM

So I have heard about this situation and I am very sympathetic to people who have suffered from these attacks, therefore it is necessary to clarify something with the service which is responsible for these funds.
Littledragons

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:33:09 PM

Damn, never thought I would be happy to say that I sold my IOTA - but now I am. It did always sketch me out how everything was based online. Damn shame that is.

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
aenin2764

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:52:14 PM

Honestly, I had doubt about this project.
It looks like keeping cripple coins like these are safe in the exchange itself instead of a dedicated wallet.
Cryptodrees

Activity: 86

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 04:35:53 PM

There is a quote which goes thus;"Leave what you are doubting and go for the one you"ll have rest of mind. It quiet said that you don't risk your assets for what that does not deserve it.Because this is another heist perfected because someone didn't do his/her job the way it suppose to be done only to turn some people into more abject penury. I can't imagine how much fund that must have gone down the drowned and there is nobody that would be held accountable for that.This is just making the crypto world less secure.The projects that are even trying to change situation are vulnerable hiw much more than others are not worthy of attention.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.