Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:01:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][preICO] Dolphin BI: The first cryptoasset investment analysis marketplace  (Read 5230 times)
ato996

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:18:56 AM

Did I understand correctly, that final user of information, provided by experts will be at the same time moderator? Or, how to deal with information that is mistakenly wrong, for example.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
van0k

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:19:21 AM

Hello, everyone!
I really liked the developers’ idea and the way they are turning in to the reality, but I’d like you to clarify some points. You stated that there will be consensus forecast, so in what form is it going to be? As I understood, experts will create their own opinion with their own arguments, but how is it going to be consensus? Is it only about statistical representation of your platform’s experts’ suggestion whether invest in some particular ICO or not?
Buy the way, I am very interested in your evaluation using machine learning. Well, it is useful, when you get information about market’ moods in a form as your widget provides, however, would it be effective? I mean it is not hard to find comments that are not really referred to some ICO’s theme or are not going with definitions «positive» or «negative», moreover there are only comments from bitcointalk. Please, tell more about how machine learning will be adopted.
Besides, I am concerned about experts’ rating system. As it is written in whitepaper, experts have their payment based on 3 months result activity. Then how do you see the process of rating experts by subscribers? For example, some expert writes a review on some ICO with may be suggestion that its coins price is going to grow for 4 month, then a subscriber make an investing decision and after 4 month he or she goes to the review and rates the expert. In that particular case how would the expert be rated and payed? It happens that 4 months ago the expert could have different effectiveness than now, so his or her rating (and payment) is calculated by ratings given for present activity or by «marks» given in present? Also would it be possible to see at an expert’s previous activity and ratings?
Additionally, as a potential investor I’d like to know more about allocation of funds, specially community development fund which includes education programs and learning materials. You are going to spend $2 300 000 on it, so It’d be great if you’ll be more concrete about it.
And the last question is would Dolphin provide some roughly speaking criteria or benchmark about how experts should work and how to rate them? Just to make sure that the paid platform will not become a usual forum with tons of unorganized and vaguely useful information.
Thank you very much in advance for paying attention to my personal concerns Smiley

Wow, thanks for looking at the project so thoroughly!

The part about the consensus is really interesting. It is not the consensus on whether this or that particular ICO is good, but rather a consensus on how ICO analysis must be structured. We hope that as people will analyze ICOs they will collectively agree on a framework of ICO analysis that can answer questions like: "What aspects are the most important in defining whether the ICO is trustowrthy or not?" or "How does a "perfect", in terms of trustworthiness and completeness of information, ICO look like?". If such framework comes to existence, it will also enforce restrictions on the ICOs - they will have to adher to a "code of conduct" described in the framework to be taken seriously.

This is a big dream, but we hope that our platform will if not bring it about, then at least bring it closer to reality. Such framework will bring structure to the ICO market, which will benefit all.

Now, let's talk sentiment analysis. It is now susceptible to the problems you've described, but I'm actively working on overcoming them. Right now I'm finalizing a new implementation of the model that is based on Recurrent Neural Networks, which should improve overall quality of sentiment detection. I've included some tweaks that will help the model to recognize posts unrelated to the ICO itself as neutral, thus decreasing the extent of the problem you've described. There is also a problem with answers to posts - for example, if some poster says something negative about the project and the answer calls them "an uneducated dummy", the algorithm will label the answer as negative (because of negative lexicon), though it is clearly positive towards the project. I have an idea on how to overcome this, but I'll need some time for implementation. As for other social media besides BTT, don't worry - we are working on it!

It is indeed possible to see the expert's previous activity (though it depends on the widget design, we will include this in our basic expert widget). The 3 months aggregation period was decided with the following logic - the expert should be able to go on a vacation without losing their reputation, but prolonged inactivity should be punished. As for rating the expert's previous posts - we decided that the expert should only be rated in the current month, because it simplifies the rating system and makes it more robust to attacks. However, the situation that you've described can arise. One way to solve it for the Subscriber is to rate the expert in the current month for their previous activity. Though it is inelegant, and we will think of a better solution. Thank you for raising a point.

The main purpose of the community development fund is to attract early Experts and Authors and to fill the platform with content. The money will be used to subsidize new Experts and Authors, as well as attract well-known and respectable industry Experts to post on the platform. I think may peers will be able to tell you more about precise sums, but this is the general idea.

As for review structure - it depends on the widget design. The way we see our basic Expert widget is such - the Expert scores the main aspects of the project (i.e. idea, team, etc.) from 1 to 5 and will give a brief summary on each criteria, explaining why they have given this or that score. But anybody may create another Expert widget with entirely different review structure.
van0k

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:26:05 AM

So, the question is who will be rating the automatic systems of evaluating (how they will get access to blockchain projects if they are not trustworthy) and will the author of them get paid for it?

There will be a rating system in the marketplace - it will not be used to distribute funds, as with experts, but the Subscriber can use it to define if the widget is worth its cost. The author gets the entirety of widget's revenue (in case of automated widgets).

The widget accesses some external data provider through its Docker backend, so it is up to author to make sure that their data is relevant. There will also be some basic data providers from Dolphin BI that custom widgets can query, for example, clients for different blockchains.

So, I`ve gone trhough your Whitepaper and now there is a question. Who will add and remove Experts to the system and what a person should do to become one? Won`t it be used by some unhonest subscriber in order to get free access to widgets?

Anybody can become an expert! The expert cannot see the content of widgets if they are not subscribed (or haven't purchased the paid widget) - they will only see a separate expert's interface where they can post their evaluation.

To become an expert the user will have to register as an expert. Although it is not required, we will strongly encourage experts to reveal their identities; after all, it will benefit them, because they will increase their trustworthiness and popularity, and, therefore, revenue. It is even likely that new experts that pass identity verification will get a small "starter" rating boost (though we are still discussing how to best handle that). Otherwise, an expert is only required to register their ETH address, and they are good to go!

Thank you for the answers!

But this means that the Expert will have to earn more than he paid for subscribtion. The first month or two there could be a big amount of such people but later on their number would plunge drastically, don`t you think so?

Of course the initial boost rating is good (according with compensation fund), but the system may face the position where it has only few Experts just a half year from start. This people would accumulate all the profits from widgets and their ratings will obviously be pretty high.

Well, some Experts that are not very good will be filtered out after a while - such is competition. But we tried to design the system in such a way that not too many Experts drop out and there will still be some variety of opinions. And the Experts do not necessarily have to pay for subscription - only if they want to see other Experts' posts.

We are now thinking on how to best handle new Experts after the platform exists for a while. These new Experts' ratings will be lower than ratings of older Experts, so we are trying to design an indiscriminate way to make them seen to Subscribers. We will have more info on it later.
van0k

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:29:57 AM

Thank you for the answers! They've been really useful. And one more question. Are you planning to release something like "DoBI back" for the rest of the users to refund some percentage of their expenses?

Any Subscriber's expenses during the first n months are eligible for "DoBI back", so even if you purchased the tokens on the exchange and not during the TGE, you will still be recompensated, as long as you spend your DoBI on the platform. The value of n depends on how much we raise during the TGE.
van0k

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:38:26 AM

One more question. If there is no preliminary test for experts, how will first subscribers choose among them someone to rely on? Taking into consideration that during the short time after Dolphing start working there will be not so much marks made by your team.
And will portfolio data of experts be somehow verified or proved?

This is what the Community Development Fund is for - we will attract well known industry experts onto the platform to provide some quality content from the start. Of course, the beginners will not be left behind - if we see some beginner making rounds, we will subsidize them from the fund and endorse them (there will probably be some kind of Beginner Expert of the Week spotlight).
van0k

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:41:32 AM

Will be all tokens sold on the ICO, if not, what about the rest? (Of the total number of emission)

They will be burned. So the individual investor's share in total distribution of tokens cannot decrease by the ICO end, it will remain the same or increase.
van0k

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:43:07 AM

I like your LOGO, like a elegant dolphins, the copyright and content platform and the combination of the chain is to produce a decentralized, to protect the author's patent rights role?

We will use some automatic means of filtering out copy-pasted and copyrighted materials, if that's what you mean.
van0k

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:48:02 AM

Did I understand correctly, that final user of information, provided by experts will be at the same time moderator? Or, how to deal with information that is mistakenly wrong, for example.

During the earlier days, we will have to moderate content by ourselves. After a while, we will gradually transfer these responsibilities to Experts with high enough rating, so the moderation will become self-regulated (like in Wikipedia).
carti

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:59:43 AM

Question to the team. Have you done any ICOs before in other projects? Any start-ups? Were they successful?
levinskiy28

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:01:26 AM

Will there be any free content on your platform?
Cyber_777

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:13:37 AM

During the earlier days, we will have to moderate content by ourselves. After a while, we will gradually transfer these responsibilities to Experts with high enough rating, so the moderation will become self-regulated (like in Wikipedia).

Did I understand it right that with this system the possibility of posting deliberately wrong information (for promotion of particular ICO) is excluded?
And what about about authors? Is it possible for them to publish false information through their channels of information
Dhcold

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:19:06 AM

I have question about Waves Platform. Why you chose it? Yes, I know that MobileGo is largest blockchain crowdsale, however there are only 4972 registered tokens at the moment, thats small.
Why didn't you choose, for example, OmiseGO (OMG)?
van0k

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:21:10 AM

Question to the team. Have you done any ICOs before in other projects? Any start-ups? Were they successful?

We haven't done any ICOs, but Andrey Varnavskiy is an entrepreneur and has successfully launched businesses before.
van0k

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:26:16 AM

Did I understand it right that with this system the possibility of posting deliberately wrong information (for promotion of particular ICO) is excluded?
And what about about authors? Is it possible for them to publish false information through their channels of information

With moderation, it is more or less excluded (also see our WP or previous answers to learn about attack protection). Even if somebody posts wrong information, they wouldn't gain a high enough rating easily to propagate that information.

As for the Authors, it is possible for them to post wrong information, but we encourage the Authors to make their widgets open-source and as transparent as possible. After all, it will increase popularity of their widget and increase their revenue so they are incentivized to do that.
van0k

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:27:54 AM

Will there be any free content on your platform?

There may be a free demo separated from the main economy to showcase what the platform can do. However, the subscription on the main platform is a must, because it defends against Sybil attacks.
van0k

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:29:55 AM

I have question about Waves Platform. Why you chose it? Yes, I know that MobileGo is largest blockchain crowdsale, however there are only 4972 registered tokens at the moment, thats small.
Why didn't you choose, for example, OmiseGO (OMG)?

We only plan to peg ERC20 tokens to Waves tokens because of fiat gates and Waves DEX, so that the Subscribers would be able to get new DoBI tokens quickly.
van0k

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:32:57 AM

Hey, guys, check out our Telegram channel: https://telegram.me/dolphin_bi_en
I can only answer on BTT when I'm on the computer, but on Telegram I will be able to answer more frequently from my phone!
carti

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:58:45 AM

I've look through the demo. Is it final version or you are going to update it? Will it be possible to see all functions in it? When?
Cyber_777

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:08:34 AM

Thanks a lot for extensive answers.
And what fee size for subscribers do you plan to establish? It seems that there was not such information in WP and forum
Tatiana.S

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

As I understood, quality of Experts' evaluations and reviews in manual Widgets is evaluated by Subscribers and automatically. Will these two types (manual by Subcribers and automated) be evaluated separately with own rate or will it be an aggregate estimate (if so, what is the "weight" prescribed to each of this type of evaluation?)? What will be the algorithm of automated evaluation of Experts' evaluations be based on (formula 3 from Appendix 1 or some special machine algorithm)?
Thanks in advance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: