Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:16:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][preICO] Dolphin BI: The first cryptoasset investment analysis marketplace  (Read 5230 times)
zidorov (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 09:18:55 PM

Ok, got it.
Also, who is going to be Curators-Subscribers to take care of rating system? Are you going to do this? How are you going to ensure inpartiality?

The entire rating system is handled by a smart-contract. The ratings are calculated strictly according to formulae described in the whitepaper. We are also planning to create a separate contract for upgrade proposition voting that would allow the community to change the rules if required.

ICO list curation is a bit more complicated - we will probably have to oversee the curation process ourselves in the beginning, before the critical mass of trustworthy users is gathered. Then is should become self-regulating - think Wikipedia.

Exactly! And I would like to add that initially Curators-Subscribers will be that users who hold a huge part of tokens. We expect it would be a dev team and early backers.
These tokenholders are motivated (because of their tokens, furthermore dev team has vesting period) that platform will develop constantly and community of Experts and Authors will grow and bring values to Subscribers as expected.

Later when desired culture will be developed we will propose to change voting function so huge tokenholders won't have significantly more voting influence as regular tokenholders. So community becomes self-governed. So it becomes a DAO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zidorov (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 08:13:52 AM

reserved.I am more interesting about the bounty thread
Bounty program will be announced soon. Stay tuned!
zidorov (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 09:24:22 PM

Finally! Presale is now officially open! Be among the first to buy DBIP and get 25% bonus!

https://presale.dolphin.bi/

zidorov (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 01:38:55 PM

There were some questions regarding our product demo which consists of three parts. We wanted to clarify these things for everybody.

You can already use Bitcointalk Sentiment Analysis – it is an MVP. We take the first 100 pages from altcoin announcement topics, and grade each post as “negative”, “neutral” and “positive” using machine learning algorithms; the grading updates each 10-20 minutes. The graph shows the number of posts and their polarity chronologically.

ICOFaces is a prototype, its value is proportional to the database size – it is now small, but we are expanding it each day.

The dashboard is a prototype as well and it displays basic functionality the widgets will have – the user can freely move them around the dashboard. The widget contains visualization for some data from a Docker container, so the dashboard prototype follows the general architecture the platform will have – the widgets and data sources are isolated inside Docker containers, while the dashboard provides a user interface where one can freely manipulate widget sizes and locations.

Here's a video demonstration of how to use these three modules: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS2QCivN3tU
We hope that this demo will give you some initial understanding of our platform's design.

doftplatform

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 02:21:45 PM

how to join your bounty?

Doft $50M ICO | Going now!!! | doft.com
Jondum

Activity: 250
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:35:47 PM

i am intereting this project, and I am sure this project will be successful soon on the opening day of the first sale
Dimyumy17

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:45:52 PM

In my opinion, this project has a special attraction for investors to invest in this project and I can only hope there is bounty for the project.
vithancodai

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:51:12 PM

i hope can wait after presale completion

this is good project with best dev team , good luck . hope pre sale will success
zidorov (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 04:39:07 PM

i am intereting this project, and I am sure this project will be successful soon on the opening day of the first sale

In my opinion, this project has a special attraction for investors to invest in this project and I can only hope there is bounty for the project.

i hope can wait after presale completion

this is good project with best dev team , good luck . hope pre sale will success

Many thanks!  Smiley

van0k

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:52:07 PM

When the Dolphin is going to really work, is there going to be a possibility for consumers to use some kind of trial version, so he or she would have an idea of how the web site works?

There will be no trial versions directly, I'm afraid. It is made so intentionally, because otherwise a Sybil Attack would be immediately possible with next to no cost. However, there is a mechanism that allows investors to return funds spent on DoBI, at least, during the first year (read more about that in Section 4.2 of whitepaper).

In the end, we could make a special demo separated from the main platform's economy, if it's what the community would really want.
UncleVlad

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:36:26 AM

So, the question is who will be rating the automatic systems of evaluating (how they will get access to blockchain projects if they are not trustworthy) and will the author of them get paid for it?
zidorov (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 08:11:09 AM

Thank you for the answer! Smiley But I have another question. Could you please explain how the smart contracts are going to be used in the Dolphin BI?

Thanks for a good question!

We plan to use Ethereum smart-contract as a platfrom core which implement the following functions:
- update Experts’ ratings
- distribute reward among Experts and Authors (in DOBI tokens)
- accept monthly subscription fees (in DOBI tokens) and assign widget access rights for Subscribers (e.g. on pay-per-month basis)
- voting on platform rules updates

This contract will use ERC20 tokens named DOBI. A gateway with Waves Platfrom is planned to be implemented to allow a user to buy and sell DOBI tokens through the Waves Platfrom wallet and DEX.

Frontend is planned to be implemented as a webservice initially and then also a mobile apps will be developed (as descibed in our roadmap). If DApps become widely adopted we will think to implement our Frontend as DApp.

Widgets and Data Providers are to be implemented as Docker containers (we already have this architecture in beta.dolphin.bi). If a decentralized computing becomes widely adopted (Golem, SONM, iExec etc) we will think on moving to a decentralized architecture in this part.
UncleVlad

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:07:22 AM

So, I`ve gone trhough your Whitepaper and now there is a question. Who will add and remove Experts to the system and what a person should do to become one? Won`t it be used by some unhonest subscriber in order to get free access to widgets?
van0k

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:42:21 AM

So, the question is who will be rating the automatic systems of evaluating (how they will get access to blockchain projects if they are not trustworthy) and will the author of them get paid for it?

There will be a rating system in the marketplace - it will not be used to distribute funds, as with experts, but the Subscriber can use it to define if the widget is worth its cost. The author gets the entirety of widget's revenue (in case of automated widgets).

The widget accesses some external data provider through its Docker backend, so it is up to author to make sure that their data is relevant. There will also be some basic data providers from Dolphin BI that custom widgets can query, for example, clients for different blockchains.

So, I`ve gone trhough your Whitepaper and now there is a question. Who will add and remove Experts to the system and what a person should do to become one? Won`t it be used by some unhonest subscriber in order to get free access to widgets?

Anybody can become an expert! The expert cannot see the content of widgets if they are not subscribed (or haven't purchased the paid widget) - they will only see a separate expert's interface where they can post their evaluation.

To become an expert the user will have to register as an expert. Although it is not required, we will strongly encourage experts to reveal their identities; after all, it will benefit them, because they will increase their trustworthiness and popularity, and, therefore, revenue. It is even likely that new experts that pass identity verification will get a small "starter" rating boost (though we are still discussing how to best handle that). Otherwise, an expert is only required to register their ETH address, and they are good to go!
van0k

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:33:21 AM

Thank you! And also, I'm just curious, why the project is called Dolphin?

A reference to Johnny Mnemonic) Watch it if you haven't, it's a pretty cool movie!
zidorov (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 11:45:29 AM

If I understand you right, you are asking about how automatic widgets will be rated?
We utilize 'usage statistics' for that: if more Subscribers use a widget then more reward will receive widget's Author.

ato996

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:42:34 PM

What if volatility made connecting tokens with ETH become loss making? And if that way, may be there a possible ways to choose other one?
van0k

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:12:42 PM

What if volatility made connecting tokens with ETH become loss making? And if that way, may be there a possible ways to choose other one?

The presale tokens (DBIP) will be converted to DoBI at 1:1 rate before the main TGE. We recognise that if ETH price will rise, one can buy more DoBI per ETH during the main TGE (remember, that we price DoBI in USD and not in ETH), so the volatility risk may actually exist. We decided to split the volatility risk with our investors 50:50. If the ETH price rises, then we will cover 50% of early investor's loss from the founder reward fund. You can read more in Section 5 of our WP.
oportunitas

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:35:52 PM

Are mobile apps for Android and iOS, which you are willing to release later on, going to lack some functions, which the platform itself can provide? Or is it going to be the same thing just in more convenient form for the smartphones?
van0k

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:59:17 PM

Are mobile apps for Android and iOS, which you are willing to release later on, going to lack some functions, which the platform itself can provide? Or is it going to be the same thing just in more convenient form for the smartphones?

The apps are planned as an adaptation of desktop frontend, so the final version should indeed have the same functionality. There may be some troubles with custom widget sizes - the authors may set them arbitrarily, so not all widgets will fit on the smartphone screen. We are considering several possible solutions - we'll tell you more about that when the desktop version is done and we're closer to mobile release.

In general, the smartphone screen can hold less information, so, while the functionality is the same, the use cases are different: you may use the smartphone app to quickly check some figures on the go, while the website is your main workplace.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: