Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:23:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][preICO] Dolphin BI: The first cryptoasset investment analysis marketplace  (Read 5230 times)
Pennywise1990

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:41:40 PM

I didn't get a point from rewards system. I mean in case of experts ( as I understood, experts show their reports and that reports are estimated by subscribers and "automatically".) I didn't get, how reports could be estimated automatically?? Which methods are used?(may be the amount of words in report? Or what?)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
van0k

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:48:20 PM

To say the truth, it's a very interesting and ambitious project. It unites consumers and sellers in efficient way. But it's intersting for me personally, are there any limitations on or max level of price/fee which is set on widget by authors themselves? I mean that if the author sees his widget is becoming more and more popular, won't he establish too high price, so that the widget will be affordable only for small percentage of users? Does your company consider it's as aproblem?

We plan to initially set the cap at 80% (so it will be basically uncapped), but this is one of the platform's parameters that can be voted on by the community. So it can be collectively changed at a later time.

Even if there is no cap, though, a smart Author will not set their fee too high - the experts will get less tokens, so fewer of them will bother posting in the widget, which means the Subscribers will not buy it due to lack of content, which means Author does not earn anything.
van0k

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:54:35 PM

I didn't get a point from rewards system. I mean in case of experts ( as I understood, experts show their reports and that reports are estimated by subscribers and "automatically".) I didn't get, how reports could be estimated automatically?? Which methods are used?(may be the amount of words in report? Or what?)

Thank you for pointing that out - we will clarify that point in a later revision of WP. Here it mostly means that the report will pass some basic checks - spam filters, copy-paste filters, etc.
zidorov (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 09:15:08 PM

We mean that reports of Experts will be estimated by Subscribers. But Experts could also supply a structured information in the same or in another widget: some characteristics estimation (e.g. how much an ICO will collect, how fast an ICO collect softcap etc) which can be estimated automatically by the system.

zidorov (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 09:20:47 PM

OK, The subscriber will pay his fee and 80% goes to the authors and experts and 20% goes to the system. But will the user (simple subscriber) know exactly to whom his money got via using free widget? Maybe he wants to control the percentage of money going to experts or authors? Cause he may distrust widget fund in somewhat way.

In our smart-contract core there will be a voting system. Some number of users can set a question on voting and the community could change the rules of the system.

Pennywise1990

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:22:06 PM

One more question. Compensation for  prepaid, who pays in advance, gets bonuses. If we imagine that business model will go with "Standard scenario", from which fund you are going to compensate subscribers?
Pennywise1990

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:43:51 PM

Are there any projects which are similar to Dolphin BI so far? If yes, what is Dolphin's comparative advantage?
Pennywise1990

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:04:05 PM

During the preliminary  TGE the  DBIP ( Dolphin  BI  Preliminary)  ERC20 token  will  be  generated. Where and how ERC20 token can be used?
zidorov (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 10:07:25 PM

One more question. Compensation for  prepaid, who pays in advance, gets bonuses. If we imagine that business model will go with "Standard scenario", from which fund you are going to compensate subscribers?

Prepaid bounus don't use a compenstaion fund which is zero in standard scenario. It works if prices for services changes:
- if price is go up then user will use prepaid services without additiona charge (=get bonus)
- e.g. if user has paid for three month and starting from the third month the price has gone down then we need to return some DOBI.
We will reserve some DOBI received in such way to be able to compensate possible price changes. But also the maybe need for some reserve fund for long prepaids. So thanks for a good question and we will thinks and make it clear new WP revision.
Pennywise1990

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:15:32 PM

50% will be put into Escrow service and withdrawal will be allowed on successful accomplishment of roadmap milestones. As I understood from Whitepaper, there are 8 milestones. After the end of which milestone withdrawal from Escrowal account would be possible?
zidorov (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 10:15:45 PM

Could you please tell me what are Escrow and incubation services, that you are planning to develop in the future? And also what is KYC/AML service?

It's a far enough plans so there's not a lot of details.

An escrow service will allow to lock funds gathered by ICO and allow some Experts with a high reputation to make a consensus decision that a given milestone of the project has been reached and funds should be unlocked.

Incubation means that a project who is preparing for pre-ICO or ICO to receive from Experts with a high reputation a private esimation of project readiness and some suggetions.

Some countries in near future will definitely require to identify project founders and/or project backers. So we could also provide such services to our users.

zidorov (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 10:18:20 PM

50% will be put into Escrow service and withdrawal will be allowed on successful accomplishment of roadmap milestones. As I understood from Whitepaper, there are 8 milestones. After the end of which milestone withdrawal from Escrowal account would be possible?

We will set amount for each milestone. It will be done by the main TGE (~ICO).

zidorov (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 10:23:19 PM

During the preliminary  TGE the  DBIP ( Dolphin  BI  Preliminary)  ERC20 token  will  be  generated. Where and how ERC20 token can be used?

The main purpose of DBIP is to distinguish it from main DOBI token which will be generated during main TGE.
During the presale transfers of DBIP tokens is locked inside a ERC20. After presale finishes and before we start migrating DBIP into DOBI (before main TGE) these tokens can be transfered between accounts by tokenholders with standards ERC20 methods.

vkidd

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:16:07 AM

Hello, everyone!
I really liked the developers’ idea and the way they are turning in to the reality, but I’d like you to clarify some points. You stated that there will be consensus forecast, so in what form is it going to be? As I understood, experts will create their own opinion with their own arguments, but how is it going to be consensus? Is it only about statistical representation of your platform’s experts’ suggestion whether invest in some particular ICO or not?
Buy the way, I am very interested in your evaluation using machine learning. Well, it is useful, when you get information about market’ moods in a form as your widget provides, however, would it be effective? I mean it is not hard to find comments that are not really referred to some ICO’s theme or are not going with definitions «positive» or «negative», moreover there are only comments from bitcointalk. Please, tell more about how machine learning will be adopted.
Besides, I am concerned about experts’ rating system. As it is written in whitepaper, experts have their payment based on 3 months result activity. Then how do you see the process of rating experts by subscribers? For example, some expert writes a review on some ICO with may be suggestion that its coins price is going to grow for 4 month, then a subscriber make an investing decision and after 4 month he or she goes to the review and rates the expert. In that particular case how would the expert be rated and payed? It happens that 4 months ago the expert could have different effectiveness than now, so his or her rating (and payment) is calculated by ratings given for present activity or by «marks» given in present? Also would it be possible to see at an expert’s previous activity and ratings?
Additionally, as a potential investor I’d like to know more about allocation of funds, specially community development fund which includes education programs and learning materials. You are going to spend $2 300 000 on it, so It’d be great if you’ll be more concrete about it.
And the last question is would Dolphin provide some roughly speaking criteria or benchmark about how experts should work and how to rate them? Just to make sure that the paid platform will not become a usual forum with tons of unorganized and vaguely useful information.
Thank you very much in advance for paying attention to my personal concerns Smiley
UncleVlad

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:11:32 AM

So, the question is who will be rating the automatic systems of evaluating (how they will get access to blockchain projects if they are not trustworthy) and will the author of them get paid for it?

There will be a rating system in the marketplace - it will not be used to distribute funds, as with experts, but the Subscriber can use it to define if the widget is worth its cost. The author gets the entirety of widget's revenue (in case of automated widgets).

The widget accesses some external data provider through its Docker backend, so it is up to author to make sure that their data is relevant. There will also be some basic data providers from Dolphin BI that custom widgets can query, for example, clients for different blockchains.

So, I`ve gone trhough your Whitepaper and now there is a question. Who will add and remove Experts to the system and what a person should do to become one? Won`t it be used by some unhonest subscriber in order to get free access to widgets?

Anybody can become an expert! The expert cannot see the content of widgets if they are not subscribed (or haven't purchased the paid widget) - they will only see a separate expert's interface where they can post their evaluation.

To become an expert the user will have to register as an expert. Although it is not required, we will strongly encourage experts to reveal their identities; after all, it will benefit them, because they will increase their trustworthiness and popularity, and, therefore, revenue. It is even likely that new experts that pass identity verification will get a small "starter" rating boost (though we are still discussing how to best handle that). Otherwise, an expert is only required to register their ETH address, and they are good to go!

Thank you for the answers!

But this means that the Expert will have to earn more than he paid for subscribtion. The first month or two there could be a big amount of such people but later on their number would plunge drastically, don`t you think so?

Of course the initial boost rating is good (according with compensation fund), but the system may face the position where it has only few Experts just a half year from start. This people would accumulate all the profits from widgets and their ratings will obviously be pretty high.
oportunitas

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:09:25 AM

Thank you for the answers! They've been really useful. And one more question. Are you planning to release something like "DoBI back" for the rest of the users to refund some percentage of their expenses?
Cyber_777

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:02:31 AM

One more question. If there is no preliminary test for experts, how will first subscribers choose among them someone to rely on? Taking into consideration that during the short time after Dolphing start working there will be not so much marks made by your team.
And will portfolio data of experts be somehow verified or proved?
page90cixi

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:44:33 AM

I have the same  but my balance is showing fine.
Dhcold

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:46:22 AM

Will be all tokens sold on the ICO, if not, what about the rest? (Of the total number of emission)
esadam11

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:50:08 AM

I like your LOGO, like a elegant dolphins, the copyright and content platform and the combination of the chain is to produce a decentralized, to protect the author's patent rights role?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: